Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 807186 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1085 on: April 12, 2009, 06:29:09 PM

This is even better than Eve.  awesome, for real
Speaking of which, someone give Phildo some advice. Is he playing already ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1086 on: April 12, 2009, 06:50:31 PM

Web game drama is so awesome.

WhiteBrit     Today at 3:34 AM
I am very much intrigued by you. You talk with so much authoirty, you say what you say and believe you are right. You could claim sand contains so silicon and make others believe you, I admire it.

You have earned my respect, I will not contact you futher if that is what you wish, I will leave all future correspondents between you and Cody.

Honestly has been nice talking with you.

Adam.

Ps. I do not agree that my words are empty, I only say things for a reason, if I have nothing to say I keep my mouth shut.

----

And now this:

---

High Lander     Today at 4:06 AM
What would you say to our towns comeing to a truths on builders and adventurers? It brings in unneccessary people. A defenceless person shouldn't be attacked. If you'll agree to this, just write Cody telling him that you want a truths against builders and adventurers. Be sure to tell him I've authorized it.

---

Do I detect... weakness and a called bluff?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

HAHAHA. WE want a truce?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1087 on: April 12, 2009, 06:57:57 PM

Fuck that, hold out for the truths.

"Me am play gods"
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1088 on: April 12, 2009, 07:01:01 PM

Heh. I leveled when I incapped on of their workers.

High Lander passes out. Hlem wins the duel and gains 14 experience points.

Now I feel special.  awesome, for real

I am at full health, thanks to leveling, but out of energy, going to sleep now.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1089 on: April 12, 2009, 07:06:47 PM

I got knocked out today after being dueled by Shotgun John Collins, preach and then Shotgun John again.

Fortunately for us, I was down in motivation to build anyway, and almost out of energy.  So now I get 48 hours free right?

Wheeee.

I say burn them all down.  _Particularly_ their builders.

Incidently, I am not writing them any telegrams.  Leaving that up to Lorekeep.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1090 on: April 12, 2009, 07:18:09 PM

Yeah, prefer to handle all communications. If you are doing politics or speaking for us, you're doing it wrong. Have them come to me.

Also, let this be a lesson: Don't do things that'll start shit. I am having fun with the Coppers but I do want to leave a good impression for the rest of the game world.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1091 on: April 12, 2009, 07:57:12 PM

What has been interesting to me about the exchanges Copperwhatever has had with Lorekeep is that they keep insisting they aren't attacking builders.  I'm a builder, dumping all my points into construction aside from a few for quest purposes.  I haven't won a duel yet.  I have been attacked regularly, truce or no truce, understanding or war.  I can't tell when we supposedly have an understanding.

I don't really care.  Not carrying much cash on me, donating most of what I get to town, not cashing in items.  So I end up with a free 2day pass after getting knocked out.  Not a problem!

But it is rather hilarious to see their attempts at what they believe passes for diplomacy.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1092 on: April 12, 2009, 08:42:59 PM

Yeah, prefer to handle all communications. If you are doing politics or speaking for us, you're doing it wrong. Have them come to me.

Also, let this be a lesson: Don't do things that'll start shit. I am having fun with the Coppers but I do want to leave a good impression for the rest of the game world.

Not even close to the lesson I learned.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

AKA Gyoza
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1093 on: April 12, 2009, 08:46:57 PM

You cant really blame people for attacking them you put them on a KoS list weeks ago haha.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1094 on: April 12, 2009, 09:22:26 PM

Since there's a war on, I guess I'm going to be focusing on making a combat character.  Tell me what I need to do!
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1095 on: April 12, 2009, 09:29:23 PM

Just furiously start doing the quests.  Putting points in certain skills opens up jobs.  If a quest asks you to do a job, just find it and see which skills are required to unlock it and work towards that.

If you want to focus on a pure fighting dude, then just look at the skills on your dueling window (Aim, Shoot, Dodge, etc) and start putting skill points in there.  However at least in the beginning you'll probably want to put points into other skills to be able to unlock jobs that quests require of you.  Questing is the best way to advance early on.

AKA Gyoza
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1096 on: April 12, 2009, 09:30:24 PM

Dont make a duelist! Adventurer (ability to sleep for free in hostile towns while still being able to generate income) and Soldier (use a weapon 3 levels above your level with defense bonus) are far better. If its a melee based char put your stat point in strength with the next priority being Aim. Alternate points into Dodge,Appearance. Make reflex a secondary priority. If its a ranged based character put stat point in dexterity with the same priorities as listed before. Toughness,reflex help as well but dodge and the others play a far larger role.

Personally the adventurer seems to be the most versatile. You can camp someones town forever with no money and basically become immune to retaliation. Also with a Str based adventurer a nice chunk of decent jobs becomes available rather easily.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1097 on: April 12, 2009, 09:32:06 PM

You cant really blame people for attacking them you put them on a KoS list weeks ago haha.

Things that'll start shit mean attacking their builders, not just attacking them.

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #1098 on: April 12, 2009, 09:36:01 PM

Targets of opportunity in Copper Springs. acid87 400$,Bosskie 207$,Wade Garret 142$,Bullzai 265$. Go collect their cash!
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1099 on: April 12, 2009, 09:59:30 PM

Maybe we should make a dummy character to infiltrate their ranks. :P

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1100 on: April 12, 2009, 11:05:52 PM

If you want to leave a good diplomatic impression might want to change the town message, something focusing on deserved vengeance might sound better to potential allies.

I think soldiers and duellists have different roles both of which are valuable. Soldiers are excellent in defence so can keep doing missions and earning money even when people are trying to lockdown the town, and are decent attackers. However if you want to take the fight to an enemy town and keep people KO'd then duellists can challenge more people and earn more money doing it.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1101 on: April 13, 2009, 05:53:53 AM

They are upset because this is slowing down progress.  As we guessed earlier, the race to the top is important.  I am convinced now that the way we operate is alien to this bunch.  Good times.

Phildo, another selling point for this game in case you did not pick it up earlier.  MEXICAN is a character class option.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1102 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:15 AM

Got knocked out after one final attack on their highest level builder.

Looks like at least one of them is sitting in our town and refreshing the page to catch us coming out of the hotel.

I got knocked out 1 minute after I won the duel, so he queued his attack in the same minute I canceled my rest.

We got no chance against people like this, they take the game far more serious than we do.  ACK!

Sorry. But that needed green.  awesome, for real

edit: Online browser games are serious business:

Hlem:"That was one well timed attack smiley "
Geronimo Jones:"Its not over yet."
Hlem:"Oh ?"

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:54:51 AM by Der Helm »

Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1103 on: April 13, 2009, 06:55:41 AM

Yeah, Geronimo Jones attacked me within seconds canceling sleeping for 10 hours or so to launch two duels.  He's literally sitting there refreshing.  How sad is that?

Anyway, I'm focusing my attacks today on LAZDAZ and micro1 if anyone would like to help me.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1104 on: April 13, 2009, 07:03:17 AM

He just got me about half an hour ago too. It looks like he's going to be using up his daily attacks ineffectively on a bunch of different people.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1105 on: April 13, 2009, 07:09:58 AM

I am getting targeted, can someone knock out Geronimo Jones.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1106 on: April 13, 2009, 07:24:47 AM

Hey i just started, here's hoping it's better than my brute.
So what class do you guys need most?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1107 on: April 13, 2009, 07:25:52 AM

There is a Raid planned. Look on the boards.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1108 on: April 13, 2009, 07:55:10 AM

Sadly I'm not going to be able to make the raid. I'm on a 48 hour cool-down following a KO at 6:45am server time. The fifth person to duel me yesterday finally KO'd me. They did have help from two horses that kicked me while I was breaking them in. Probably shouldn't have been doing such risky jobs while vulnerable. I was at 60 health and only 30 action, so I'm okay with taking 60 of their action and beating three of them in the process.

I suspect I'll time becoming vulnerable tomorrow night with being at one of their towns.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1109 on: April 13, 2009, 08:30:12 AM

My plan is the same as Righ's.  I figure I'll end my immunity while sleeping in their hotel, wake up, spend all my action points shooting builders, and then get KOed again so I can go back to work.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1110 on: April 13, 2009, 08:40:41 AM

I'm in the process of implementing that plan as we speak.  However I'm hoping with the addition of this fine firearm thanks to our builders, I can win enough money to use their money sleeping in their hotel - thus perpetuating my wanton violence for perpetuity.  We'll see how that goes.

AKA Gyoza
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1111 on: April 13, 2009, 08:43:54 AM

Since hotels are free for me anyway, I'm going to spend the money I get from them on random crap from their store, and resell it when I get home.  Not the most efficient way to move money, but that way they can't get it back by KOing me.   why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1112 on: April 13, 2009, 11:07:05 AM

Guys guys guys, I am getting really tired of getting k.o.ed everytime my timer is up...  Heartbreak

See thread on the town forums...

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1113 on: April 13, 2009, 11:20:31 AM

Cody McGyver     Today at 6:41 PM
Very Good! you are finally learning how to shoot! Congrats!

Lorekeep     Today at 8:47 PM
fofofo.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1114 on: April 13, 2009, 11:24:18 AM

I lol'd.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #1115 on: April 13, 2009, 11:38:14 AM

Cody McGyver     Today at 9:03 PM
Huh I take it English isn't your first language?

awesome, for real

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1116 on: April 13, 2009, 12:28:31 PM

Tell him we're Somalian.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1117 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:26 PM

Just realized my motivation bar to duel is down to 24%  ACK!

Running the gauntlet back to our town to do some other jobs for a day or two.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1118 on: April 13, 2009, 01:27:27 PM

What does having a low motivation to duel do? Make you do less damage or just collect less experience and loot?
schild
Administrator

Reply #1119 on: April 13, 2009, 01:30:34 PM

They're assaulting me now. Hehe. Awesome. I'm not even worrying about it, I have to hit 23 first (to get the stabby knife). And I never carry money.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: