Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:03:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Free Transfers now available: Mythic is on top of it 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Transfers now available: Mythic is on top of it  (Read 10018 times)
ghost
The Dentist

on: February 25, 2009, 03:02:22 PM

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsOverview.war

Free Transfers for Characters Rank 11 and Lower

* We are pleased to announce that we are opening up the free transfers for Rank 11 or lower characters to all existing players with an active account. Previously these transfers were only available to players currently enjoying our free trial. Now, all players with an active account may reap the benefits of this free service.
    * For all players not currently participating in the free trial, unlimited transfers are now available for any character of rank 11 or lower. There is a maximum of one transfer allowed per day. Please also note that characters may only transfer to a server with a ruleset that is the same as the one they transferred from. This offer will be extended to all players who transition from the free trial to full-time subscribers.
    * For more information on the free trial, including a helpful FAQ, please follow this link: Free Trial FAQ.

Hmmmm.   awesome, for real
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 03:05:11 PM

11 or lower...

what?

No, seriously... what?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:07:43 PM

It's the "Mythic Way" awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:27:14 PM

I don't understand the point. Rank 11 takes like what, 3 hours?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 03:42:02 PM

It does, but people are attached to their characters.  It's maybe also a secret way to let alts who couldn't move with the free transfers to be moved over.  Not like they can afford giving anyone a reason to leave at this point.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 03:50:29 PM

wtf?  I can't even find words to respond to this.  It has to be a typo right?

right?

most often known as Drevik
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 04:09:36 PM

This is mainly for the Trial accounts.  If you've ever been offered a move off an old server you can still do it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 04:19:49 PM

This is mainly for the Trial accounts.  If you've ever been offered a move off an old server you can still do it.
But Trial accounts can already transfer.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 04:34:20 PM

This doesn't even begin to make sense.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 05:48:52 PM

Hahaha  awesome, for real. I love you, Mythic.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 06:13:57 PM

Hahaha  awesome, for real. I love you, Mythic.

This.

Mythic takes 5 steps to even vaguely get close to doing the right thing. I can understand from a risk management point of view - don't want more servers to die overnight - but it will certainly open up to all ranks over time.

... if Mythic were to do the right thing. Ohhhhh, I see.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 06:20:23 PM

Nearly six months in and T3 still sucking balls, I'd recommend keeping your hopes at the cataclysmic low they already are.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 06:50:31 PM

Nearly six months in and T3 still sucking balls, I'd recommend keeping your hopes at the cataclysmic low they already are.

Well they did offer the influence rewards for oRvR, the domination system does seem to encourage people to actually defend keep.s  They also made some changes to the chosen class that I was interested in.  From WAR and ToA, Mythic seems to be able to undo the damage they do with their decisions, but by that time 90% of the people have moved on..

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 04:54:54 AM

Well they did offer the influence rewards for oRvR, the domination system does seem to encourage people to actually defend keep.s  They also made some changes to the chosen class that I was interested in.

Lipstick on a pig. swamp poop
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 05:23:29 AM

Lipstick on a pig. swamp poop

With both of the things I mentioned, it depends on how you look at it.  The most significant change for the chosen was that auras cost nothing to use and the tactic that made them free now grants AP regen so long as you use them.  That's a design change, as chosen are now reward for using their mechanics, instead of being punished for it.  They also fixed the knock back on repel so that it's no longer a minor roadblock for most classes.   Those are some very good changes that address some of the more significant problem switch the class.  They've also made it so several abilities do not crit and don't scale with stats, whcih reduce the gear grind by that much.

However, the changes to the oRvR system are just paint on a pig, no real significant design change there, but that probably never going to happen.

waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 09:25:57 AM

This is dumb. If I wanted to transfer, I'd want to do so with my level 40 character with its Invader ward gear. Level 11 can be gotten in no time and is basically a throw away character anyway.

Once again players ask Mythic for apples, and Mythic gives them oranges.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 10:13:42 AM

This is dumb. If I wanted to transfer, I'd want to do so with my level 40 character with its Invader ward gear. Level 11 can be gotten in no time and is basically a throw away character anyway.

Once again players ask Mythic for apples, and Mythic gives them oranges.

GRIND MORE BITCH!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 10:33:43 AM

Once again players ask Mythic for apples, and Mythic gives them oranges worms.

I think that's more apt.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 10:34:18 AM

This is dumb. If I wanted to transfer, I'd want to do so with my level 40 character with its Invader ward gear.

Good god, you played enough to get to this level?  You've got  some serious motivation there, haha.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 11:33:21 AM

I made level 39, it wasn't that difficult, just very boring.
schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 11:51:43 AM

This is dumb. If I wanted to transfer, I'd want to do so with my level 40 character with its Invader ward gear.

Good god, you played enough to get to this level?  You've got  some serious motivation there, haha.
Waylander isn't driven by motivation. He's driven by epeen.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 12:25:50 PM

Invader ward gear is RR 50, I retract my earlier comment about it not being that difficult.  I quit when I figured out how many scenarios I needed to do to get RR45 just to wear some boots.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 01:02:21 PM

Waylander isn't driven by motivation. He's driven by epeen.

I'm driven by the drive to win and crush my opponents. Maybe that's epeen, or maybe its just that I like competitive gaming.

Invader Gear requires RR 55 to fully wear. On Azazel we crushed the other realm but back in Nov-Dec I had to take time off from the game, so when RVR died out I got stuck at RR 47. So I have Invader but can't wear it, and I wear my full sentinel set instead.

I'm now on Dark Crag rerolling my whole guild for the Destro side, and unless the population there tanks I think that will be our long term home.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 01:25:44 PM

Darkfall not tempting you, not even a little bit?
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 01:39:49 PM

Darkfall not tempting you, not even a little bit?

Not really. It looks horrible, and by all accounts its going to be an AOC 2.0 style disaster.

Its warhammer for me until GW2 or SWTOR launch.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 02:44:20 PM

Invader ward gear is RR 50, I retract my earlier comment about it not being that difficult.  I quit when I figured out how many scenarios I needed to do to get RR45 just to wear some boots.
I quit when I did the math on # of Tor Anroc scenarios to reach level 32 from 24.  (I believe the answer was 1.5 days /played of enjoying perma snaring lava that did 800 damage a tick and knockbacks into said lava.)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 02:47:33 PM

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 05:40:39 PM

I never understood why there was this sudden change in renown leveling.  I mean, in tier 1, I could keep your rank and your renown rank roughly at the same level.  Tier 2 is lagged a little, and when I hit the soul eating grind of tier 3 and Tor Anroc, I abandoned all hope. 

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 11:03:38 AM

I'm not playing any games right now other than logging into EVE and bothering people in the f13 channel.  I didn't at all ever think of resubbing to WAR and this thread reminded me to go hold a lighter under by WAR dvds.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 11:13:38 AM

I will go back to WAR eventually.  But its going to be a while, at very least until they have another large cut in xp retirements.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Free Transfers now available: Mythic is on top of it  
Jump to: