Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Official Forums open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer Official Forums open  (Read 26750 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 09:41:08 AM

You want free stuff omg?  Heart

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 09:57:51 AM

My anectdotal experience is we get more extremes.  We're treated both better and worse once it's known.

Honestly, the MAIN experience I've had as a lady gamer online lately is people suddenly being unable to read and/or go deaf when I say I'm a tank. "We need a tank!" "I can tank." "Quick, hit LFG and see if there are any tanks." "sigh" But yeah, watching the whip around from "we'll be extra special nice to the GIRL" to "that fucking SKANK ASS WHORE" (this never happened to me, I've always been dubbed the feminazi bitch instead) is ... something to behold.

Also, I have gotten more free shit playing a boy character, always from people that say they're ladies. I dunno why. Apparently I'm a totally hot dude.

Also, when I said gamers are assholes, what I really meant was PEOPLE are assholes.

Also, the word also is awesome.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 11:03:43 AM

Sounds like Penis Envy.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #38 on: February 18, 2009, 11:20:24 AM

Honestly, the MAIN experience I've had as a lady gamer online lately is people suddenly being unable to read and/or go deaf when I say I'm a tank. "We need a tank!" "I can tank." "Quick, hit LFG and see if there are any tanks." "sigh"

Oddly enough, even though I was playing a female dorf dk, no one in the... 30 ... pugs i took part ever batted an eyelash about having me as a tank (and I tanked all wotlk pre 80 instances), or confused me for a girl.  awesome, for real

You want free stuff omg?  Heart

I did.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 18, 2009, 01:06:34 PM

It just means gamers are assholes, and usually bigger assholes to women.

As much as it's probably an unpopular view, I don't think they attract the assholes more often, or more aggressive assholes.  Except maybe the starfuckers who are absolutely titillated by the fact that there's a girl on the other end, but that can be cured with a Myspace page and a few pictures of tubgirl.  From what I've seen the fact that they're female just allows them to be identified as a visible minority, which has obvious implications (two links there).  It's not that they're female, it's that trolls like to attack the weak point for massive damage.

I'd echo this. It's a cheap and easy shot to take, and thus people take it.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #40 on: February 18, 2009, 05:42:05 PM

EDIT: Oh shit, you know what, i need to drink my coffee before posting. I read "I don't doubt" as "I doubt". This may have been the root of our confusion.   undecided

Yup, that would seem to explain it.

I was also confused, but this clears it up.

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 18, 2009, 06:50:57 PM

Some other thoughts occured to me as I thought about the responses here.  For the most part, you're going to have utter assholes, who regardless of the gender of the person, are going to be mean, and will only change their strategies as they get more information about the CM.  You will however, get some people who might be assholes to a guy but will tone down for a woman.  You'll also get the fanboi army, that will rush to the aid of the fair lady in waiting at the first sign of a troll attack in an effort to earn a small tidbit of her attention.    All in all, I am not very surprised by the fact that CM is a female heavy career.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #42 on: February 18, 2009, 09:46:50 PM

Honestly, the MAIN experience I've had as a lady gamer online lately is people suddenly being unable to read and/or go deaf when I say I'm a tank. "We need a tank!" "I can tank." "Quick, hit LFG and see if there are any tanks." "sigh"

Oddly enough, even though I was playing a female dorf dk, no one in the... 30 ... pugs i took part ever batted an eyelash about having me as a tank (and I tanked all wotlk pre 80 instances), or confused me for a girl.  awesome, for real

I have tanked as a male NE druid, a female dwarf warrior, a female NE warrior (LONG AGO) and a female human DK. On the night elves, people assumed I was a dude, and my druid was added to many a friends list 'cause ... I dunno, I was a happenin' bear. On the warrior, I really don't know, as I was doing PUGs at a time (TBC) where you generally were happy to get someone who knew what a tank WAS to tank - I think people did assume I was a girl in that case. But my DK? It's like pulling teeth to get people to let me tank. And I don't suck, I swear. And it's NOT because I'm a DK (usually). It's annoying as fuck.

God Save the Horn Players
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 12:42:11 AM

Another four servers gone, think that's 58ish now closed/closing.

Edit I can't count.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 02:00:04 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 01:23:32 AM

I have tanked as a male NE druid, a female dwarf warrior, a female NE warrior (LONG AGO) and a female human DK.

The real lesson learned here, is Sjofn really likes to tank.

Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 01:41:10 AM

My 40 sorc is on Sylvania, and I don't care if they just wipe her. I never in my life played a game, maxed a character and didn't try to ensure that I *could* return someday if I changed my mind.

WAR is the first server game I didn't care to do that. Hell, I still even log into Battle.net every 45 days or so just to ping my last-used characters for keepalive, never know when I'll get a hankering for some 800x600 blocky love.

Pretty sad, Sylvania was an original server on WAR headstart day. Has anyone ever heard of an original server being closed this fast in a major game's life?

Even my Veeshan server merge was a few years coming in EQ.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:32 AM

This is pretty nifty.

Warhammer alliance's dev tracker pulls dev quotes from the new official beta forums.  So you can read them without an active account.
Herring
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 05:48:51 AM

This is pretty nifty.

Warhammer alliance's dev tracker pulls dev quotes from the new official beta forums.  So you can read them without an active account.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I didn't even think to check it.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 06:01:28 AM

This is pretty nifty.

I predict reading these will only augment the whole train wreck sensation I get when I watch the Youtube videos.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 08:46:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvu7bHcoLJg
 why so serious?

probably the flashiest bot ad i've seen. but they're a little late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMmTglG08qM&feature=related
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:51:07 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 08:58:10 AM

EDIT: Oh shit, you know what, i need to drink my coffee before posting. I read "I don't doubt" as "I doubt". This may have been the root of our confusion.   undecided

Yup, that would seem to explain it.

I was also confused, but this clears it up.

My bad, please read sig!  swamp poop

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 12:42:17 PM

These are pretty common now, but that was the best one I've seen yet.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 01:00:25 PM

On the positive side, maybe Mythic can generate some interest by adding a red dress as a clothing option to WAR.

Now THAT is an oldschool reference.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 01:43:17 PM

These are pretty common now, but that was the best one I've seen yet.

"I should have just played wotlk like Stalin" is funny on many levels.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 02:41:15 PM

Haha, excellent video.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 04:03:19 PM

On the positive side, maybe Mythic can generate some interest by adding a red dress as a clothing option to WAR.

Now THAT is an oldschool reference.
Ack, all the links in that archived post are dead and buried already. It's only been a little bit over 9 years, and the Internet is already falling apart. How sad.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 04:21:38 PM

Maggie's website is still up and refers to the Boobie Dress here, (warning possibly NSFW).  There was a fairly large thread on Lum's site about it, from memory, I think I stayed well clear.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 04:45:23 PM

Maggie's website is still up and refers to the Boobie Dress here, (warning possibly NSFW).  There was a fairly large thread on Lum's site about it, from memory, I think I stayed well clear.

I don't see what the controversy was about. That transsexual wears it well.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Warhammer Official Forums open  
Jump to: