Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Princess Maker 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Princess Maker 2  (Read 60947 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #35 on: February 18, 2009, 04:50:15 PM

only 1. the merchant randomly appears after every end of the month so i can't really stockpile it and it's 1.2k quite a huge chunk of cash. But by 16, she can work at the sleazy bar for 45 gold a day. (every session is 10 day) so money is not really much of an issue by then.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 06:23:03 AM

The link rk47 supplied got me a working version from a French site.  Just saying, if anyone is having trouble with that first method.  The files check out under AVG, but it acts strangely and contains a README.EXE which is as red of a flag as I have ever seen.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 08:26:34 AM

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8f68e353e4e2bd07d956df2962098fcbe04e75f6e8ebb871

I just uploaded it over. Finishing in 3 mins.
Oh, run it on dosbox for best experience.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:49 AM

Reading my post again, it is unclear.  I'm telling people not to get it from Pirate Bay.

Agree on DOSBox.  I have a dosgames folder where I drop all this shit and it automounts when I start up DOSBox.  Once I figured out this was a DOS game (hurrrr) it was easy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: February 23, 2009, 03:12:49 PM

I got this working (thanks for the links) and my daughter ended up as a wealthy merchant's mistress.  All the dancing lessons and cabaret work paid off.

NSFW:

why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 09:31:41 PM

awesome, for real  this guy looks legit
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 11:27:33 PM

holy shit. i never seen that before. /fap.  why so serious?

Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 12:20:50 AM

this looks fun I'll give it a try
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:52 AM

I got this working (thanks for the links) and my daughter ended up as a wealthy merchant's mistress.  All the dancing lessons and cabaret work paid off.

NSFW:

why so serious?

Fathers shouldn't have pictures like that of their daughters.  this guy looks legit

EDIT: Awesome looking game. If I could be bothered with an emulator, I'd give it a shot.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 08:14:32 AM

the dosbox is pretty painless to install and setup.
1. download.
2. double click to install.
3. run the dosbox.
4. type on the command prompt. Mount c (insert your game path here)
5. type c: <enter> to switch to that game drive
6. play!

increase CPU cycle speed to speed things up.

F3 in the game speeds animation up if you find it a little too slow.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 08:31:19 AM

Princess Maker? Moar liek Incest Brewer  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 08:37:47 AM

the dosbox is pretty painless to install and setup.
1. download.
2. double click to install.
3. run the dosbox.
4. type on the command prompt. Mount c (insert your game path here)
5. type c: <enter> to switch to that game drive
6. play!

I second this; very painless.  Most emulators are.

I've actually got a couple of old DOS games saved in the backup folder that I've carried from machine to machine for ten years.  Should see if I can finally get them working again.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #47 on: March 04, 2009, 02:29:09 PM

Very fun game.

My first daughter wound-up being a mercenary with a very.. interesting picture sent home.  Not like the bathtub one, but I do wonder about her sending a pic to dad with her legs so wide apart and only a bikini bottom for lower body armor.

My second daughter became a fortune teller because I didn't adventure enough to get her reputation up enough to become anyone significant. 

My problem seems to be I don't focus enough on one particular path.. well-rounded girls simply don't go anywhere in life.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 09:38:16 PM

awesome, for real  this guy looks legit
holy shit. i never seen that before. /fap.  why so serious?
this looks fun I'll give it a try

I totally-otally want to play JUST because of this. Hella laughs.  awesome, for real

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 09:49:36 PM

Who said bishōjo games don't have a market in the West?
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 09:52:30 PM

Who said bishōjo games don't have a market in the West?
To be fair, this is one of the deepest and most playable ones ever made.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #51 on: March 12, 2009, 11:13:27 AM

well-rounded girls simply don't go anywhere in life.
I'd have to disagree!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #52 on: March 12, 2009, 01:52:01 PM

You are confusing well rounded girls with fat bottomed girls.  And we all know what fat bottomed girls do, don't we?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 01:54:50 PM

I once bought my daughter 3 buxomize pills.
schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: March 12, 2009, 01:58:20 PM

A/S/L
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #55 on: March 13, 2009, 08:00:38 AM

Send pictures  awesome, for real.

You bastards have forced me to download this game.  This thread is to hilarious.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 13, 2009, 10:36:30 PM

Send pictures  awesome, for real.

You bastards have forced me to download this game.  This thread is to hilarious.

I'll ashamed to admit I did too...

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 14, 2009, 12:59:32 PM

It's not hard to get that many pills. You just have to make the point of the game to always have enough money to buy buxomize pills  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?. I can't remember what happened at the end but she had something retarded like a 38 inch bust and a 24 inch waist (at 5"1).
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 18, 2009, 11:27:39 AM

While this does sound fun, my desire to try this game is crushed whenever I play out the scenario in my head when my wife walks in and asks "What are you playing?" and I attempt to explain. All roads lead to creepy.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 01:29:29 PM

Photo bucket hates you.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 07:06:56 AM

schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 08:15:50 AM

Shoulda been using Dropbox. Ohhhhh, I see.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 29, 2009, 03:41:57 PM

So how long does one princess take to mature?
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 06:08:48 AM

Apparently if you don't develop any good skills, and just go on vacation with her often to build a good relationship with her, she winds up marrying YOU.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 06:36:47 AM

Apparently if you don't develop any good skills, and just go on vacation with her often to build a good relationship with her, she winds up marrying YOU.

hahah as I am gameless at the moment after a brief foray into free MMO trials, I went back to classics and realized somehow gaming felt 'smarter' then. I don't know how things turn out like the present where every instructions are spelled out and the gamers are not really given much choice nor opportunity to think for himself (i'm looking at you Oblivion). And the sandboxes felt 'tight' enough that they gave you multiple 'endings' unlike Sims sandboxes that just felt like a chore.

There's just so much you don't know in game when you started but felt it wasn't 'unfun' to not know anything. In fact it made experimentation the real treat. I thought the only way to get her married to the prince was being a super model type that wins dance competitions and didn't think much when she turned into a quiet novelists. But guess what, a carriage outside the house. Awesome. And it gets less interesting as you know more and more, you just want to forget how things work just to have fun again with it. It's strange really.

Picking up Covert Action, I was also surprised at the depth this game has. I must've been half asleep or quite stupid as a kid for giving up so early years ago, but the game made me THINK. Sure there's reflexes involved when dealing with the combat and such, but there's always an element of investigation. A quiet time where you compare clues and compare it to other happenings around the world. I haven't seen any game like that for over a decade. Nothing was spelled out for you, there's no 'Go to London, catch Agent X. Go to New York, Catch Agent Z' of modern game. It also gives plenty of choices in how to carry out your investigations (Although the combat at highest difficulty is insane).

welp sadf

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 30, 2009, 08:46:04 AM

That's the real reason you keep feeding her buxomize pills...
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: May 02, 2009, 06:35:27 PM

Checking this out now, looks like a high potential for amusement. Is there a way to turn the volume of the game down? It's rather obnoxiously loud.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 02, 2009, 08:32:20 PM

its probably best to turn off the music after a while. it gets repetitive.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #68 on: May 03, 2009, 12:20:58 AM

I keep expecting pics...  stupid thread getting bumped w/ newb questions

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 03, 2009, 12:42:38 AM

Is it possible to disable the music in game? I dont really wanna mute my speakers.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Princess Maker 2  
Jump to: