Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Princess Maker 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Princess Maker 2  (Read 61086 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

on: February 12, 2009, 06:54:24 PM

This is a great abandonware that everyone should at least try. A simple google search should enable you to find this little gem by Gainax.
The basic premise is raising a daughter and getting her up to adulthood, then your actions and her upbringing will give different outcomes. She could turn out to be a whore or bride of Satan himself.   why so serious? so have fun! With some trial and error, one day you'll get her married to the prince!

The perfect setting for a Bioware game.

:But why are you fighting for these people? It has been divinely ordained that I attack this decadent capital. It is no concern of yours. I killed only fools!
: ...

: It was I who foolishly brought this war upon us. It was divine punishment for my decadence. If you had not appeared, the people of the city would surely have perished with me...
: It was my fault as well. The king and I resolved to make a fresh start. We will work together to restore the capital.
: You appear to be wounded. Why don't you stay at the capital, and help us do fed ex....errr rebuild? We beseech you.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 07:03:26 PM

This is a Richard Garriott game? ACK! why so serious?
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:53:03 PM

Obvious avatar is obvious. Also, I need to frontpage this shit.

Before I do that, can you answer a question for me?

But is it fun?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:20:02 PM

40 unlockable endings? i think it's a great time killer for casual gamers. Just follow what you think is appropriate, eventually you get the end result when she hits 18. And she picks her path depending on what she learned or did during her times growing up with you.

Send her to school, pay her course fees and she'll learn stuff.

Or Send her to work, she'll learn and earn some cash to spend on snacks, clothes, or even a new shiny sword to slay bandits.

But don't send her out in the wild before she's prepared, you don't want her to get in accidents with the bandits.  why so serious?

Where do babies come from?

What can go wrong? Amirite? awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 08:31:58 PM by rk47 »

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 08:45:44 PM

Obvious avatar is obvious. Also, I need to frontpage this shit.

Before I do that, can you answer a question for me?

But is it fun?

I have vague memories of being addicted to this for months at a time years ago after trying to find a game a gf would like.  It is fun.

I am the .00000001428%
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 08:56:26 PM

I wonder if any 10 year old girl can plow a field in real life. But here's what happened at the farm.

And that God is Chuck Norris.

: Work straight and hard, or I'll take it out of your hide.

Immershun couldn't do it. She's not strong enough.

At the end of it, we earned zero gold but she gained a little bit of Strength & Constitution but lost some refinement.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 08:58:09 PM

I got really addicted to this once.

I finally FINALLY made a hero adventurer who married the prince. There's like .. ONE better possible ending where you become a ruling queen.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:54:19 AM

When I last left you guys, Immershun is turning delinquent. I tried scolding her a bit.

But it didn't do anything, she still has that sour face and all the scolding did was 2 stress reduction.

I've heard suggestions of sending her into the farm to build up muscles. So OK,i'll do that. Before going to the farm I'll let her go on supervised leave. (Otherwise She might do dumb things)

So ten days of time off with 20 days at the farm. The ten days went without a hitch, however the farming was a complete wreck. She REFUSES TO DO ANY WORK. WTF. At least she still gain stats from doing absolutely NOTHING.

Amazingly, she earned 10 G from one day she worked. Not bad.  cheesy

I tried bribing her with a cake. But after I paid for it, she refuses to eat it cause she's sick. Damn it! So I have to take her to the doctor and give her lots of rest days next month.

Since I'm a cheapskate I'm not sending her to the Sanatorium, she'll be taken care of by the butler at home for following month. Just when I thought I was gonna save some cash, she did the unthinkable.

She went missing and bought herself some shit in the market. WTF!

FUCK!

Double Fucked.

Well at least she's fine and returned to well-behaved at the end of the month. Sigh. She blew my budget. I'm only getting annual salary right? Argh!

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 10:02:50 AM

Princess Maker is fucken awesome! awesome, for real

I wish newer ones would get translated. I need something fresh.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 10:21:00 AM

But it didn't do anything, she still has that sour face and all the scolding did was 2 stress reduction.

I've heard suggestions of sending her into the farm to build up muscles. So OK,i'll do that. Before going to the farm I'll let her go on supervised leave. (Otherwise She might do dumb things)

So ten days of time off with 20 days at the farm. The ten days went without a hitch, however the farming was a complete wreck. She REFUSES TO DO ANY WORK. WTF. At least she still gain stats from doing absolutely NOTHING.

Housework is key IMO.  Gets her temperament up.

Goddammit.  This game is a surefire time destroyer.  And I feel really silly for the amount of time I've already wasted on it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 01:02:14 PM

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 02:03:50 PM

HINTS: you don't ever want your daughter to get delinquent

temperament helps with that but the most important aspect is to have a compatible life job

compatible jobs are dependent upon her birthdate.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 08:32:58 AM

Hi folks, I'm back with Immershun. She's growing up quite well now.

She turned eleven. And I bought her a book as a present. It increases her intelligence. A rude fortune teller came by and offered her services for 30 gold. I gave the coins and she told me this:

It's alright Immershun. It's still early. I won't let you be like that.

I also started sending her to Magic school. Her farming job pays for the course fees. It's kinda expensive but with a lot of practice, she'll be able to adventure outside some day, just like her father. :)

Awww don't say that.

It isn't cheap. At 60G a day, she had to work at least 2.5 week at the farm before she can afford a ten day course. But it'll be worth it. Three courses later and I felt she's ready to go out there.

Put on your junior sized leather armor and let's go!

What can go wrong? Cmon girl! Show me what you can do!

Bah!

Keep it up! With your magic all these beasts are toast! Well sometimes you gotta run too!

I also found a chest full of gold! This is better than working at the farm!

Eventually ten days are up and we returned home. Where my 500g annual salary awaits. I told her to stay home and rest during the annual festival, she's not ready to enter the fighting championship yet.

Also there's a travelling salesman too bad we can't afford the bust pills yet. I decided to hold on to my wallet right now. I want to get her trained more.

You're my little mage, Immershun  this guy looks legit

Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 09:41:08 AM

Stupid question: where can I download this?

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 10:35:34 AM

Stupid question: where can I download this?

Psst, over here at Free perfectly legal abandonware site!

Why don't you try our other games?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 05:41:42 PM

http://www.squakenet.com/computer_games/download.asp?game=4960&title=Princess-Maker-2

I found the link I needed from there.
Ofcourse google fu will solve the mystary as well

update: she's growing up well.

I made her take part in fighting championship earlier. She went past first round. But lost to a muslim fighter in the second. See if I'm joking

We'll pay him back next year. But it's not so bad, she lost to the runner up. I get the feeling she can beat almost half the field with her awesome magic now!

Immershun's starting to get pretty powerful, I sent her to magic school whenever I can. The Farmhand Chuck Norris gave her a raise to 15g per day too. What a nice guy! I also splurged a bit and bought her a plate armor.

One night, Fay the greatest sorceress in the world paid our house a visit!

She raised my daughter's magic attack by 3. Awesome!

I let her be more brave when adventuring too and stopped running. Everything can be beat by magic! In one of her forays, Immershun caught a bandit in his hideout.

80 G's bribe too little, I bet his head fetch a higher price! So we ram a few fireball down his throat and stripped him bare for loot.

Looks like the forest area is clean of interesting stuff to do, I'm planning to visit the lakes next time. Upon returning home, we received a reward for killing that sucker.

I decided to celebrate Xmas by sending her to the mountains. Heheh, run among the reindeer and shit, this raises her sensitivity too. 120G well spent!

I also ordered a prime steak for her to eat. It's well earned, hon!

I've also raised her diet to robust since our finance is good. 80g a month won't kill me, she'll gain CON every month which translates to a bigger HP pool for adventuring purposes.

She's really good at this, so the lakes zone are turning out to be quite easy as well. Except for the fucking Mermaids which are magic resistant (grr). The kidnappers there drop gold too, from 10G to 100G, it's all good money. 1 week of work from a kill? Woohoo! (Note: killing stuff increases her sins, but I don't really give a shit - do you?)

We also stumbled upon another bounty in lake zones which she handily collected. Hohoho. She's worth 1500G!

With all these awesome killing and looting, I don't think she needs to take part time job in town anymore. I just gotta kill shit to pay for her classes. (I wish I can do this in real life) With money to splurge I'm gonna send her to etiquette classes so she can mix it up with the nobles at the royal palace.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:12:23 PM by rk47 »

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 08:02:19 AM

She's put on 20 lbs is that reasonable for a 5' tall 12 year old?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 09:19:32 AM

BUXOMIZE PILLS!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 03:42:44 PM

Oh hey look, a dragon!

schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 04:24:37 PM

Dragon TIghts + Buxomize Pills = Win.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:49 PM

cant get her to put it on...she's too fat :(

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 07:52:40 PM

awesome, for real
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 09:31:20 PM

why so serious?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 09:32:38 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 09:38:31 PM

Grats on becoming a queen!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 09:46:16 PM

awesome, for real
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 11:02:48 PM

I haven't introduced you to her husband.

schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 11:05:07 PM

Truly an hero.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 11:33:16 PM

A fitting end to an epic tale.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 06:59:42 AM

Guess all those sins for killing really do matter lol.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 07:22:17 AM

Radicalthon winnar!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 09:01:01 AM

forgot, i managed to slim her down

Heart

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 10:09:34 AM

How many buxomize pills did you give her?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #33 on: February 18, 2009, 11:18:45 AM

That's the sort of princess I can get behind.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 18, 2009, 02:06:15 PM

How many buxomize pills did you give her?
All of them, apparently.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Princess Maker 2  
Jump to: