Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: A Sneak Peek at Patch 1.2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Sneak Peek at Patch 1.2  (Read 43146 times)
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 06:22:57 AM

Look, it's really very simple and I've said this more than once. This is not 2001 and we are not going to blithely make changes to our game just because some people think that we are wrong before they even get a chance to see the changes in action or worse, just because we are getting yelled at by a very vocal minority. We'll gather the data, look at all the feedback and then make a decision. If we're wrong, we'll correct the decision but at least this time we have all the data we need to make the right call and we are not getting swayed either by just the loud voices or a few wrong-headed individuals. So, if you feel the need to talk about canceling in these threads, of course you have that right. Just don't think that we are going to react to it the same way we might have at times back in 2001, we need to be smarter and react more carefully than that.

Do I really need to cite who this is from?  awesome, for real
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 06:37:15 AM

The most  swamp poop part is that in reality they're acting exactly like they did in 2001.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 06:41:08 AM

Long patch notes for a niche game.

/ignore will persist properly between logins.

I'd be reluctant to actually admit that some of that stuff was still broken.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 07:07:06 AM

A gigantic patch like that is one you usually see during beta.

That's because it's still in beta.

Over and out.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 07:10:34 AM

Reminds me of them admitting ToA was horrible and loosening its stranglehold on the game only AFTER everyone quit because of it.

This. Minus the admitting part.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 07:11:54 AM

So we looking at 1.5 for release?

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 07:24:35 AM

We are introducing the new Rally Call system. At various intervals, players will be called to join the battle in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 RvR lakes. A button will appear near the mini-map, enabling willing participants to jump right into the action.

This sounds promising but why only tier 1&2?  They don't seem to realize that most people have fun in tier 1&2, it's tier 3 causes people to quit.

This is something I've been bitching about since the first fucking month. They are putting it in but only for T1 and T2? WHAT THE FUCK? It's like they WANT people to quit in T3.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 12, 2009, 07:55:36 AM

The negativity here is really astounding.

These are exactly the fixes and polish required to release a modern MMO.

Once they finish the PvE polish and work out the design inconsistencies with RvR they should be set to start the hard work of game testing the 1-40 experience to make sure it flows.

I personally am very excited about the upcoming release in 6 months.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 08:00:22 AM

The negativity here is really astounding.

These are exactly the fixes and polish required to release a modern MMO.

Once they finish the PvE polish and work out the design inconsistencies with RvR they should be set to start the hard work of game testing the 1-40 experience to make sure it flows.

I personally am very excited about the upcoming release in 6 months.

Wait, nevermind.  Win here.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 08:12:20 AM

Sarcasm

Well-played, nerd. Well-played.

Rondaror
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 08:26:23 AM

We are introducing the new Rally Call system. At various intervals, players will be called to join the battle in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 RvR lakes. A button will appear near the mini-map, enabling willing participants to jump right into the action.

This sounds promising but why only tier 1&2?  They don't seem to realize that most people have fun in tier 1&2, it's tier 3 causes people to quit.

This is something I've been bitching about since the first fucking month. They are putting it in but only for T1 and T2? WHAT THE FUCK? It's like they WANT people to quit in T3.

Playing on Med/Med Server actually and T3 is daily RvR with at least 1 WB on each side. So, not really a problem at the moment in T3 and T4
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 08:32:12 AM

There.  Maybe that will be more noticable. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 08:33:09 AM

Playing on Med/Med Server actually and T3 is daily RvR with at least 1 WB on each side. So, not really a problem at the moment in T3 and T4

Maybe not, but it sure as fuck was a problem the first two months when I was asking for it. Now, it's too little too late as they've already lost my subscription.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 12, 2009, 08:37:21 AM

Long patch notes for a niche game.

/ignore will persist properly between logins.

I'd be reluctant to actually admit that some of that stuff was still broken.
Five-star drive, three-star talent.  (Though I'd be kind of upset with that quotable gem were I part of the talent.)

Nice to see they finally found this bug.  Again.  I remember griping about how they couldn't fix ignore after they tried a couple of times.  Wonder if they'll actually get it right this time.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 08:47:05 AM

* The use of Trade skills will now be interrupted when the character moves.

DAM, i thought that was a feature, my girl would put herself on follow (typed in chat, as the UI right click was disabled for some reason) and craft as i lead us to the next area.

Bitches.  Mob

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 09:26:21 AM

* The use of Trade skills will now be interrupted when the character moves.

DAM, i thought that was a feature, my girl would put herself on follow (typed in chat, as the UI right click was disabled for some reason) and craft as i lead us to the next area.

Bitches.  Mob

See, you are part of the reason the game is having... hitches... to its growth.

Having freed us from the silliness of standing in front of stupid things like forges or floating rune-books (or the mythical tool of fairytale lore, the Mana Loom), it is critical to an RvR game *balance* that you be rooted in place while you craft.

Otherwise the circle-strafing-crafting-bastards would pwn you on the Auction House. 

Where's the skill, I say Skill, in that?
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:18 AM

Five-star drive, three-star talent.  (Though I'd be kind of upset with that quotable gem were I part of the talent.)
I guess when you know you are not the smartess person around, and are willing to admit it, you take pride that you have a lot of drive. You then think you can hire others with similar traits and get them cheeper than the five-star talent. The problem is you can use whips and bribes to get good work from a five-star talent with a motivation problem. Not much you can do to get quality work from lower talent besides maybe taking a lot of extra time to get it right or least close to it.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 12:34:26 PM

I can't wait for the expansion.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 01:45:08 PM

I bet it will be set in an underwater world with complex encounters, rare drops, and items to level!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 01:57:26 PM

I bet it will be set in an underwater world with complex encounters, rare drops, and items to level!

All those additions will horizontal improvements to your character.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 01:59:26 PM

items to level!

You know, when Mythic first started hyping ToA and items that level were first hinted at, I thought it actually sounded like a fun idea.  Back then, before the details started to become known, for some reason I thought the item would level as you level.  The item would improve proportionately to your level and new abilities would unlock.  Of course, they actually turned out to be end-game only grind 2.0 crap that you had to level separately and in most cases only on specific mobs.  Good job, Mythic!

Over and out.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 02:03:01 PM

items to level!

You know, when Mythic first started hyping ToA and items that level were first hinted at, I thought it actually sounded like a fun idea.  Back then, before the details started to become known, for some reason I thought the item would level as you level.  The item would improve proportionately to your level and new abilities would unlock.  Of course, they actually turned out to be end-game only grind 2.0 crap that you had to level separately and in most cases only on specific mobs.  Good job, Mythic!

Someone told me that the weapon could gain different abilities based on how you leveled.  So, if you leveled it on snakes, if could gain the ability to proc a DoT, or you leveled it off undead, it could gain a health steal component.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 03:24:33 PM

I think Mythic is creating the ultimate KMMO. Pretty soon they'll have an experience bar FOR the experience bar. The Koreans will say ke ke la and forget all about Lineage. It will be their holy grail.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 04:38:30 PM

items to level!

A sick part of me really enjoyed the extra wacky ones, the ones where you had to, say, kill Albs while it was snowing outside Nottmoor. Just to read about, of course, not to actually DO.

God Save the Horn Players
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 06:44:37 PM

A sick part of me really enjoyed the extra wacky ones, the ones where you had to, say, kill Albs while it was snowing outside Nottmoor. Just to read about, of course, not to actually DO.

That pretty much sums up all of ToA.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 07:38:21 PM

I have to say, out of all the things WOW does well, that the underwater grind encounter is by far and away the best.  I am really disappointed that more MMOs haven't expanded upon this niche. 
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #61 on: February 12, 2009, 09:21:15 PM

oh yeah damn, i recall exploring naga ruins for a quest the first time and realized it's actually UNDERWATER. I bought some water breathing pots and enjoyed myself in there. It was one of those cool MMO moments I had solo. And then a druid ganked me.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 13, 2009, 03:31:32 PM

Oh, you guys are being serious?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #63 on: February 13, 2009, 03:44:21 PM

Oh, you guys are being serious?

I'm not.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 15, 2009, 03:01:03 PM

Phew. The underwater shit was the worst in WoW. Whether in that ship off the coast in STV or while trying to get into Sunken Temple. I'm shocked to hear that someone actually liked that.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #65 on: February 15, 2009, 06:03:35 PM

Bring Back Kedge Keep!

awesome, for real

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #66 on: February 15, 2009, 06:10:28 PM

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #67 on: February 15, 2009, 06:55:31 PM

It was sarcasm, at least on my part.  Apparently we really do need to go back to green. swamp poop
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #68 on: February 16, 2009, 03:28:47 AM

Hrm. I really did like the underwater crap in WoW. Rubbish aggro mechanics, but fun concept.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #69 on: February 16, 2009, 03:35:24 AM

Next expansion pack imo. Rise of the Naga Queen.  why so serious?

they've gone to interdimensional space and shit, why the hell not make an aquatic race city etc lolz. I can't wait for a gnomish submarine.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: A Sneak Peek at Patch 1.2  
Jump to: