Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: DCSS: The Adventures of Happy Hedonist, or The Spriggans Crusade 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DCSS: The Adventures of Happy Hedonist, or The Spriggans Crusade  (Read 73526 times)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 15, 2009, 10:43:53 AM

Ha.  There's a hidden door in that picture - hit 5 (rest/search) and you'll find it. 

I'm learning there's a lot more hidden doors (occasionally with lewts behind them) than I previously thought.  There's a Traps and Doors skill- you can practice by hitting Control-(movement) towards a trap to try to disarm it.  Make sure you have experience in your pool and that your health is high... failing a trap disarm means setting off the trap.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 12:51:16 PM

Found Dwarven +3 Plate on D1 with my Demonspawn Deathknight of Yred!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

... and then I died in a gnoll/jackal staircase party on D3.  Time for a break. 
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 02:34:18 PM

I am still trying to figure out why I got 3 demon to wffbbq me when I tried to summon my ice beast.

"Me am play gods"
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 03:58:11 PM

I am still trying to figure out why I got 3 demon to wffbbq me when I tried to summon my ice beast.

I know that the corresponding skill(ice magic) plays some role, sending demons out seems a bit extreme tho.  My current guy has summon hound, I cast it 3 times and summoned 3 hostile hounds, not sure wtf is with that either.

Why don't you try our other games?
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:24 PM

This is Aez the Grappler, my Ghoul Monk, just after I killed and looted Sigmund.  The fight was really fun, we both drank invisibility potion, Sigmund fired his staff at random a couple of time but didn't hit me.  I don't know which skill he had but he was able to follow me an shot his wand in my general direction even if I was invisible.  I ran down a narrow corridor and shotted back in the empty corridor with my wand of fire. It killed invisible Sigmund.  Now I have his +0 robe has a trophy!  Too bad he didn't leave a corpse so I could eat him.

My Ghouls Monk is pretty neat and very easy to play.  I run around with decent sneak and simply beat everything to death, then I eat them.  I'm still standing at lvl 8.  Ogre are a joke.  Eating raw and rotted flesh replenish your health.  An added bonus is the fight descriptions : I claw, head butt and kick.

2 annoyances so far :

It seems like I'm getting less and less corpses.  Maybe 1 out of 4 monster leave a corpse.

I have an annoying character description which says that my flesh is rotting faster than usual and I have no idea how to return to normal.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 05:47:57 PM

Haha.  So much for the bragging.  I used a wand of random effect on a Ogre and it turned him invisible and I tough it had killed him...

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.4.5 (crawl-ref) character file.

1335 Aez the Grappler (level 8, -10/64 HPs)
             Began as a Ghoul Monk on Feb 15, 2009.
             Mangled by an ogre
             ... wielding a giant club (11 damage)
             ... on Level 7 of the Dungeon on Feb 16, 2009.
             The game lasted 03:00:51 (10326 turns).

Aez the Grappler (Ghoul Monk)                   Turns: 10326, Time: 03:00:51

HP -10/64        AC  7     Str 14      Exp: 8/1622 (41), need: 753
MP   5/5         EV 13     Int  9      God: No God
Gold 200         SH  0     Dex 15      Spells:  0 memorised,  7 levels left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : .     - Unarmed
Res.Cold  : + . .   Warding    : .   b - +0 robe
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : .   (no shield)
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   (no helmet)
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : .   (no cloak)
                                     (gloves unavailable)
Sust.Abil.: .       Rnd.Telep. : .   e - +2 pair of dwarf boots
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: .   u - amulet of the gourmand
Res.Slow  : .       Levitation : .   k - +5 ring of dexterity
Gourmand  : +       Ctrl.Flight: .   n - +2 ring of protection

@: rotting, slightly resistant to magic, stealthy
A: poison resistance, carnivore 3, cold resistance 1, torment resistance,
life protection 3, saprovore 3
a: no special abilities

You were on level 7 of the Dungeon.
You were not hungry.

You visited 1 branch of the dungeon, and saw 7 of its levels.

Inventory:

Armour
 b - a +0 robe (worn)
 e - a +2 pair of dwarven boots (worn)
Magical devices
 a - a wand of random effects (12)
 h - a wand of slowing (8)
 j - a wand of fire (5)
 t - a wand of invisibility (2)
 v - a wand of enslavement (7)
Comestibles
 c - a chunk of giant gecko flesh
 w - a chunk of jackal flesh
 x - 2 rotting chunks of hobgoblin flesh
 z - 2 chunks of giant ant flesh
Scrolls
 d - 7 scrolls of teleportation
 o - a scroll of magic mapping
 p - 2 scrolls of blinking
 y - a scroll of paper
Jewellery
 i - an uncursed ring of sustenance
 k - a +5 ring of dexterity (right hand)
 l - an uncursed ring of fire
 m - an uncursed ring of ice
 n - a +2 ring of protection (left hand)
 u - an amulet of the gourmand (around neck)
Potions
 f - a potion of heal wounds
 g - a potion of might
 q - a potion of restore abilities
 r - 2 potions of poison
 s - 2 potions of speed

You had 41 experience left.

Skills:
 - Level 3 Fighting
 + Level 5 Dodging
 + Level 4 Stealth
 + Level 2 Traps & Doors
 + Level 8 Unarmed Combat

You had 7 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.

Overview of the Dungeon

Branches:
Temple: D:7       

Shops:
D:4: %  D:6: !

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

Your body is rotting away.
You have claws for hands.
You heal slowly.
Your system is immune to poisons.
You are carnivorous and can eat meat at any time.
Your flesh is cold resistant.
You are immune to unholy pain and torment.
You are immune to negative energy.
You thrive on rotten meat.

Message History

* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
You see a giant gecko corpse here.
You finish ripping the giant gecko corpse into pieces.
You see here a chunk of giant gecko flesh.
You see a chunk of giant gecko flesh here.
c - a chunk of giant gecko flesh
It hits you!

#.#.# #..#
..#####.#.###..#
........[..8...#
..##.......>..<.
..##...##.#8####
#............#..
#............#.
+.....@..>......
#........./.....
#...#........###
#...#........#
#.. #........#
#.  #.........
    #.........
    #.......

There were no monsters in sight!

Vanquished Creatures
  A necrophage (D:6)
  2 ogres
  Sigmund (D:6)
  A giant frog (D:6)
  6 hounds
  An imp (D:5)
  4 giant ants
  A scorpion (D:6)
  11 gnolls
  14 snakes
  4 worms
  2 giant mites (D:3)
  3 oozes
  13 giant bats
  10 giant cockroaches
  2 giant geckos
  13 hobgoblins
  11 orcs
  2 quokkas (D:3)
  A giant bat zombie (D:5)
  7 giant newts
  9 goblins
  10 jackals
  10 kobolds
  12 rats
151 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  A goblin (D:4)
1 creature vanquished.

Grand Total: 152 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place   | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1     | Aez, the Ghoul Monk, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1     | Reached XP level 1. HP: 15/15 MP: 0/0
   970 | D:1     | Reached XP level 2. HP: 21/24 MP: 1/1
  2215 | D:2     | Reached XP level 3. HP: 19/27 MP: 1/1
  3681 | D:2     | Reached skill 1 in Traps & Doors
  3722 | D:2     | Reached XP level 4. HP: 18/31 MP: 2/2
  4124 | D:3     | Reached skill 5 in Unarmed Combat
  5444 | D:3     | Reached XP level 5. HP: 33/43 MP: 3/3
  5530 | D:3     | Reached skill 6 in Unarmed Combat
  5776 | D:3     | Reached XP level 6. HP: 46/52 MP: 3/3
  6707 | D:5     | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  7003 | D:4     | Reached skill 7 in Unarmed Combat
  7129 | D:4     | Reached XP level 7. HP: 46/57 MP: 4/4
  9204 | D:6     | Reached skill 5 in Dodging
  9222 | D:6     | Reached skill 8 in Unarmed Combat
  9272 | D:6     | Reached XP level 8. HP: 49/62 MP: 5/5
  9924 | D:6     | Noticed Sigmund
  9990 | D:6     | Defeated Sigmund
 10324 | D:7     | HP: 1/64 [something (25)]
 10326 | D:7     | Mangled by an ogre
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 07:32:43 AM

This is Aez the Grappler, my Ghoul Monk, just after I killed and looted Sigmund.  The fight was really fun, we both drank invisibility potion, Sigmund fired his staff at random a couple of time but didn't hit me.  I don't know which skill he had but he was able to follow me an shot his wand in my general direction even if I was invisible.  I ran down a narrow corridor and shotted back in the empty corridor with my wand of fire. It killed invisible Sigmund.  Now I have his +0 robe has a trophy!  Too bad he didn't leave a corpse so I could eat him.

My Ghouls Monk is pretty neat and very easy to play.  I run around with decent sneak and simply beat everything to death, then I eat them.  I'm still standing at lvl 8.  Ogre are a joke.  Eating raw and rotted flesh replenish your health.  An added bonus is the fight descriptions : I claw, head butt and kick.

2 annoyances so far :

It seems like I'm getting less and less corpses.  Maybe 1 out of 4 monster leave a corpse.

I have an annoying character description which says that my flesh is rotting faster than usual and I have no idea how to return to normal.

I believe you could have used a wand/potion of healing at full health to stop the excess rotting.
Invisible for you = extra dodge chance and monsters cannot target you accurately with ranged weapons, they still mostly know where you are and can see you... occasionally if you're away from them they'll switch back to ! status where they haven't noticed you.

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 09:30:53 AM

My best character in a while, a level 10 Demonspawn Death Knight.  In addition to the normal zombie horde, Yred has given him a flayed ghost and two wights for company.  The wights don't last long but the ghost is ripping through everything.   The 3/4 longsword of freezing doesn't hurt either. 

Predict his death now!

Edit: Dead two minutes later.  I am no longer going to talk about still living characters here  ACK!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:35:04 AM by Raging Turtle »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 10:36:24 AM

Mountain Dwarf Beserker is fun, but I get to like Level 7-8 (char not dungeon) and I inevitably bite off more than I can crew and the slowness effect after zerking owns me. Fun combo though, I recommend it! Got to about 3k.

Lately, I avoid casting classes. After Deep Elf Conjurer, they just seem OP. I wanna get a real meleer to 10k.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 10:48:31 AM

I have been using "Random Good" for a while now.  2700 is my record.

"Me am play gods"
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 02:39:59 PM

Ok, a cursed ring of teleportation is nasty.  It auto activates every ~50 turn.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #46 on: February 17, 2009, 03:19:48 PM

Damnit.. I cleared the first level with my Minotaur Death Knight and had a nice army of 6 zombies following me around. I was feeling pretty badass. "This game isn't so hard" I thought. "I don't see why everyone's dying so quickly."

Then I discovered the zombies don't take stairs with you and was killed by a snake on the first 5 tiles of level 2.  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #47 on: February 17, 2009, 03:23:46 PM

They will follow if they are on adjacent tiles.  The next ability recalls all your minions.

"Me am play gods"
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 06:10:04 AM

Ok, a cursed ring of teleportation is nasty.  It auto activates every ~50 turn.

I love it, whenever I get in trouble I just run away until the Tele hits. :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:38 AM

My best character so far... well, at least equipment wise.  Found a +7/+4, +7 AC axe on D5 that's helped quite a bit.   The undead entourage is currently ripping apart anythat that moves, usually before I can reach it myself. 

Also found a whole bunch of spellbooks, and am wondering if I should invest some exp in a few spells with what's currently a pure melee character.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 09:17:25 AM

That axe is fuckin insane man. Probably does other shit too. Great run so far!

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 09:28:38 AM

I want to be less sucky at this I have a few strategy questions.

It becoming quite clear the almost every character needs a ranged weapon.  The advantages of the different types of ranged weapons?

Managing skills.  An tips besides turning off the ones you don't wish to practice?

Should I ignore the extremely difficult fights or will that screw me on xp?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:23:49 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 10:34:48 AM

Fought a dragon... and zombiefied it after I killed it  awesome, for real  Then a hydra re-killed the dragon and all my followers, barely noticed repeated blasts from a wand of disintegration... so I got the hell out of there.  Will return in a few more levels.  Now to the Orcish mines!  If I can find them, that is; I seemed to have missed them on the way down.

It becoming quite clear the almost every character needs a ranged weapon.  The advantages of this of the different types?

My current melee mainly uses ranged to take down fleeing enemies or to plick when my undead hordes are attacking something scary.  I was lucky to find a bow of Flame, but even darts will do if you don't have anything else.  Notice that darts have the advantage over blowguns/bows/slings (all of which seem fine to me) in that you don't have to take a turn to equip something new.  Poison (needles, darts, whatever) is nice for chasing down creatures because it'll often kill a weak creature even if it manages to get offscreen.  Also, hand crossbows use darts, not bolts, and no doubt make them more effective.     

Managing skills.  An tips besides turning off the ones you don't wish to practice?

Not sure.  I think this matters more for the caster types but my don't usually make it past level 6 or so, probably because I don't use the deep elves.   swamp poop

Should I ignore the extremely difficult fights or will that screw me on xp?

Avoid fights where you aren't sure if you can win, especially against a named or particulary nasty critter.  You can always come back when tougher and take them.  Motherfreaking Sigmund occasionally shows up on the second level and there are some characters that I'd rather not face his invisible scyth attacks with at that point.

Also, just because you see the entrance to the dungeon doesn't mean it's a good idea to enter.  Case in point: The Orcish Mines.  When you first see it, you're almost definitely not strong enough to enter it.  Go clear a few more levels and go back.  Conversely, you should be able to walk into the Lair and clear most of it when you find the entrance.   

The wiki here is full of good info:  http://www.chaosforge.org/crawl/index.php?title=CrawlWiki

Edit:  Holy crap my Drain Life ability just killed 9 orcs at once. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:54:42 AM by Raging Turtle »
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 05:13:13 AM

It was good while it lasted.  Survived another dragon and even getting tossed into the abyss (where I found some 'bloodstained plate mail' that I'm pretty sure was awesome but it was too heavy to carry AND run away from everything).  Also found an very nice randart amulet.   

Then I got caught between a rock and a hard place.  Or rather, a Stone Giant zombie and a shapeshifter Iron Troll.  Almost killed the troll, couldn't even scratch the stone giant.   swamp poop   

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 06:16:51 AM

Holy fuck dude...thats a helluva run.

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 22, 2009, 06:51:24 PM

Anyone can explain the spell system?  I have a lvl 6 character that can't learn a lvl 5 spell.  Is it related to the skill lvl?

edit:  I couldn't find the answer on the wiki but I got it from the game  help menu.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:15:11 PM by Aez »
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #56 on: February 22, 2009, 08:22:48 PM

Finally had a decent run.  Made a mistake at the end not healing up.  The swarms of summoned creatures from Orc priest and vampires(?) were very over whelming for a melee dude. 

"Me am play gods"
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 11:36:51 PM

K so I just cleared the 9th level and its extremely slow.  Any advice?  Any of these spells worth getting another spec? Any game changers like meph cloud?

Quote from: The Book of the Tempests
Spells    Type    Level
a - Static Discharge    Conjuration/Air    4
b - Lightning Bolt    Conjuration/Air    5
c - Fireball    Conjuration/Fire    6
d - Shatter    Transmigration/Earth    9
Quote from: book of hinderance
a - Confusing Touch     Enchantment     1
b - Slow    Enchantment    3
c - Confuse    Enchantment    3
d - Petrify    Enchantment/Transmigration    4

"Me am play gods"
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 23, 2009, 12:19:02 PM

Lighting bolt is pretty damn good - it bounces off walls, so easy to get to hits for one cast. 

In other news, THERE WERE NO CURE MUTATION POTIONS IN THE WHOLE DAMN DUNGEON.   Although minor teleportitis is kinda fun with a control teleport ring.  Also, fuck losing all your hp in two turns.    swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop

I really thought this guy was going to go all the way - Incredible armor (taken from an dead orc follower, heh) AND weapon, and one rune already in the bag.  Orc Fighters of Beorgh are awesome.  RIP Tuskarr IX  Heartbreak

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 23, 2009, 02:59:33 PM

Lightning bolt is very nice, it goes thru multiple enemies and bounces off walls to hit them again.
Fireball is also very nice, 3x3 explosion with very nice damage.  You don't actually have to hit an enemy to detonate it, so you usually can hit multiple enemies with it.
Earth is a good skill to try to get, as the big single target unresisbable damage spells are earth based.
Personally I would probably go with the fire tree first, especially if you can find Sticky Flame, then go earth later on.

Raging Turtle:  Nice run!

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 04:29:42 PM

Nice run Turtle.

I'm still having trouble getting past lvl 10.  Xom is my bestest buddy.  Wish I could worship him in real life.

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 03:20:05 PM

Ok, never ever worship Xom.  He simply killed me.  I forgot to take a screenshot but it said : Xom killed you.  You die.

I was having fun with Xom when he was all about random buff/debuff and random friendly/hostile pet but instant death is simply not playable...

Edit : got the morgue file

2903 Aez the Grappler (level 9, 60/72 (73) HPs)
             Began as a Ghoul Monk on Feb 24, 2009.
             Was a Plaything of Xom.
             Forgot to exist
             ... caused by the capriciousness of Xom
             ... on Level 8 of the Dungeon.
             The game lasted 01:00:06 (8451 turns).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:02:49 PM by Aez »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 08:26:43 AM

Yeah, once he spawned 4 insane creatures on me and bitch made me.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 26, 2009, 02:36:13 PM

21204 RAH the Covert (level 12, -4/54 HPs)
             Began as a Spriggan Wanderer on Feb 24, 2009.
             Was a High Priest of Vehumet.
             Slain by a yak zombie (14 damage)
             ... on Level 17 of the Dungeon on Feb 25, 2009.
             The game lasted 05:56:55 (24214 turns).

RAH the Covert (Spriggan Wanderer)              Turns: 24214, Time: 05:56:55

HP  -4/54        AC  7     Str  6      Exp: 12/28825 (0), need: 8874
MP  30/30        EV 22     Int 16      God: Vehumet *****
Gold 1027        SH  3     Dex 16      Spells:  8 memorised,  1 level left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : +   F - +5 dwarf dagger (drain)
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : +   r - +4 robe
Life Prot.: + + .   Conserve   : .   u - +0 elf buckler {rN+}
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : +   n - +1 wizard hat
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : +   o - +0 cloak
                                     (gloves unavailable)
Sust.Abil.: .       Rnd.Telep. : .   (boots unavailable)
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: .   h - amulet of resist corrosion
Res.Slow  : .       Levitation : .   x - ring of life protection
Saprovore : . . .   Ctrl.Flight: .   k - ring of wizardry

@: very quick, very resistant to magic, extremely stealthy
A: unfitting armour, herbivore 3, slow metabolism 3, speed 3, see invisible,
deformed body 1, spit poison, clarity 1
a: Spit Poison, Renounce Religion

You were on level 17 of the Dungeon.
You worshipped Vehumet.
Vehumet was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 5 branches of the dungeon, and saw 29 of its levels.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 F - a +5,+5 dwarven dagger of draining (weapon)
 X - a +1,+0 elven falchion
Missiles
 p - 16 poisoned +2 orcish darts (quivered)
Armour
 n - a +1 wizard hat (worn)
 o - a +0 cloak (worn)
 r - a +4 robe (worn)
 u - a +0 elven buckler of positive energy (worn)
Magical devices
 c - a wand of fire (6)
 f - a wand of frost (1)
 g - a wand of confusion (6)
 l - a wand of enslavement (10)
 q - a wand of polymorph other (4)
 s - a wand of draining (2)
 w - a wand of frost (18)
 A - a wand of slowing (9)
 G - a wand of disintegration (7)
 J - a wand of random effects (9)
 L - a wand of healing (6)
 P - a wand of lightning (3)
 U - a wand of frost (1)
 W - a wand of disintegration (0)
 Y - a wand of fireball (3)
Comestibles
 z - a bread ration
 V - a pear
Scrolls
 a - a scroll of magic mapping
 i - 5 scrolls of teleportation
 j - 2 scrolls of remove curse
 B - 3 scrolls of fear
 I - 3 scrolls of fog
 K - 2 scrolls of enchant armour
 M - a scroll of detect curse
Jewellery
 h - an amulet of resist corrosion (around neck)
 k - a ring of wizardry (left hand)
 x - a ring of life protection (right hand)
 Q - an uncursed ring of fire
 T - an uncursed ring of protection from cold
Potions
 b - a potion of porridge
 d - a potion of resistance
 m - 2 potions of healing
 y - a potion of restore abilities
 D - a potion of heal wounds
 N - a potion of degeneration
 R - a potion of might
 S - a potion of speed
Books
 e - a book of Minor Magic [frost]
 t - a book of War Chants
 v - a book of Conjurations [ice] {god gift}
 C - a book of Changes
 E - a book of Cantrips
 O - a book of Wizardry
 Z - a book of Minor Magic [frost]
Miscellaneous
 H - a lantern of shadows

You had 0 experience left.

Skills:
 + Level 2 Fighting
 + Level 9 Short Blades
 + Level 3 Slings
 - Level 2 Darts
 + Level 2 Throwing
 + Level 9 Dodging
 + Level 10 Stealth
 + Level 8 Stabbing
 + Level 4 Traps & Doors
 + Level 9 Spellcasting
 + Level 9 Conjurations
 + Level 5 Enchantments
 + Level 9 Ice Magic
 + Level 3 Air Magic
 + Level 3 Poison Magic
 + Level 4 Evocations

You had one spell level left.
You knew the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power          Success   Level
a - Throw Frost           Ice/Conj       ######         Excellent   2
b - Mephitic Cloud        Pois/Air/Conj  #####.....     Excellent   3
c - Ozocubu's Armour      Ice/Ench       #####.....     Excellent   3
d - Blink                 Tloc           N/A            Great       2
e - Repel Missiles        Air/Ench       ####......     Excellent   2
f - Fireball              Fire/Conj      ####......     Poor        6
g - Slow                  Ench           #####.....     Excellent   3
h - Freezing Cloud        Ice/Air/Conj   #####.....     Very Poor   7

Overview of the Dungeon

Branches:
Temple: D:6       Orc   : D:9       Lair  : D:9       Swamp : Lair:5

Altars:
The Shining One: Lair:4
Yredelemnul: D:13
Beogh: D:9

Shops:
D:8: /  D:11: [  D:13: +  D:15: [

Portals:
Hell: D:16

Your body does not fit into most forms of armour.
You are a herbivore.
You need consume almost no food.
You cover ground extremely quickly.
You have supernaturally acute eyesight.
Armour fits poorly on your deformed body.
You can spit poison.
You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.

Message History

The yak zombie misses you.
<lightgrey>A yak zombie.<lightgrey>
A stone staircase leading down.
A stone staircase leading up.
There is a stone staircase leading up here.
A stone staircase leading up.
The yak zombie gores you!

######
     #....#
     #....#
     #....#
     #.@..#
     #ZZ..#
     #u>..#
...uu.....#
######(####
     #.
     #.
     #.
     #.

You could see an ugly thing, a yak zombie, and a seven-headed hydra skeleton.

Vanquished Creatures
  An ice dragon (Lair:4)
  A centaur warrior (D:13)
  5 hill giants
  Urug (D:12)
  Erolcha (D:13)
  An unseen horror (D:14)
  A wolf spider (D:13)
  3 cyclopes
  A very ugly thing (D:16)
  A rock troll (D:15)
  3 slime creatures (D:12)
  5 giant brown frogs
  3 giant snails
  A troll (D:10)
  A two-headed ogre (D:16)
  10 blink frogs
  3 spiny frogs
  9 yaks
  2 firedrakes
  A giant blowfly (D:12)
  A wraith (D:15)
  A cyclops skeleton (D:16)
  2 manticores
  A wyvern (D:14)
  3 giant slugs
  2 mottled dragons
  8 ogres
  Edmund (D:6)
  A big kobold (D:12)
  A necrophage (D:7)
  6 gila monsters
  A hill giant zombie (D:16)
  Sigmund (D:6)
  8 centaurs
  A brown snake (D:9)
  A brain worm (shapeshifter) (D:13)
  13 giant lizards
  18 giant frogs
  8 orc warriors
  Blork the orc (D:8)
  12 killer bees
  7 hounds
  13 imps
  6 war dogs
  7 giant ants
  3 ice beasts
  A quasit (D:9)
  4 giant beetles
  4 wights
  13 giant iguanas
  2 scorpions
  2 lava snakes
  2 sheep (Lair:5)
  A two-headed ogre zombie (D:16)
  2 jellies
  8 orc priests
  11 snakes
  6 worms
  4 giant centipedes
  3 gnolls (D:5)
  A shadow imp (D:16)
  4 orc wizards
  A manes (D:16)
  An ooze (D:1)
  A giant ant zombie (D:13)
  2 giant eyeballs
  A hound zombie (D:5)
  2 killer bee zombies
  4 giant cockroaches
  13 giant geckos
  2 giant mites
  15 green rats
  15 grey rats
  20 hobgoblins
  15 jackals
  27 kobolds
  115 orcs
  8 quokkas
  32 rats
  4 small snakes
  21 giant bats
  18 giant newts
  20 goblins
  A hobgoblin zombie (D:12)
  A quokka zombie (D:7)
  A snake zombie (D:5)
589 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  A manticore (D:9)
  A centaur (D:12)
  An orc warrior (Lair:1)
  A brown snake (D:10)
  An orc priest (D:9)
  An orc wizard (D:8)
  2 sheep (Lair:5)
  A gnoll (D:5)
  2 grey rats (Lair:5)
  A hobgoblin (D:14)
  A jackal (D:5)
  13 orcs
  A quokka (D:6)
  A giant bat (D:6)
28 creatures vanquished.

A giant frog (Lair:5)
  A sheep (Lair:5)
  2 green rats (Lair:5)
  2 grey rats (Lair:5)
  A jackal (D:12)
  An orc (D:3)
  A rat (Lair:5)
  A plant (D:9)
10 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 627 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place   | Note
     0 | D:1     | RAH, the Spriggan Wanderer, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1     | Reached XP level 1. HP: 9/9 MP: 2/2
   186 | D:1     | Reached XP level 2. HP: 13/13 MP: 3/4
   766 | D:1     | Reached XP level 3. HP: 10/17 MP: 5/6
  1387 | D:2     | Reached skill 1 in Short Blades
  1600 | D:2     | Reached XP level 4. HP: 19/20 MP: 7/8
  1968 | D:3     | Reached skill 4 in Stealth
  2158 | D:3     | HP: 1/20 [kobold/ dart of flame (9)]
  2812 | D:3     | Reached XP level 5. HP: 13/23 MP: 9/10
  3348 | D:4     | Reached skill 5 in Stealth
  3436 | D:4     | Reached skill 1 in Spellcasting
  3509 | D:4     | Learned a level 2 spell: Throw Frost
  3691 | D:4     | Learned a level 3 spell: Mephitic Cloud
  3876 | D:5     | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  4081 | D:5     | Reached XP level 6. HP: 27/27 MP: 4/13
  4479 | D:5     | Reached skill 1 in Throwing
  4727 | D:5     | Reached skill 1 in Conjurations
  4746 | D:5     | Learned a level 3 spell: Ozocubu's Armour
  4781 | D:6     | Reached skill 5 in Dodging
  4791 | D:5     | Reached skill 1 in Air Magic
  5321 | D:6     | Noticed Edmund
  5347 | D:6     | Defeated Edmund
  5347 | D:6     | Reached XP level 7. HP: 32/32 MP: 3/17
  5488 | D:6     | Reached skill 1 in Ice Magic
  5621 | D:6     | Learned a level 2 spell: Blink
  5706 | Temple  | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  5746 | Temple  | Became a worshipper of Vehumet
  5779 | D:6     | Noticed Sigmund
  5792 | D:6     | Defeated Sigmund
  5928 | D:6     | Reached skill 6 in Dodging
  6202 | D:6     | Learned a level 2 spell: Repel Missiles
  6216 | D:6     | Reached skill 5 in Short Blades
  6553 | D:7     | Acquired Vehumet's first power
  6682 | D:7     | Reached XP level 8. HP: 35/36 MP: 10/20
  7279 | D:8     | Noticed Blork the orc
  7392 | D:8     | Defeated Blork the orc
  7462 | D:8     | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10 percent mp).
  7462 | D:8     | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10 percent mp).
  7462 | D:8     | Gained mutation: You possess an exceptional clarity of mind.
  7628 | D:8     | Reached skill 5 in Stabbing
  8279 | D:9     | Acquired Vehumet's second power
  8386 | D:9     | Reached skill 1 in Slings
  8475 | D:9     | Reached XP level 9. HP: 42/42 MP: 6/22
  8606 | D:9     | Reached skill 7 in Stealth
  8608 | D:9     | Reached skill 1 in Poison Magic
  9047 | D:10    | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
  9925 | D:11    | Acquired Vehumet's third power
 11186 | D:12    | Reached skill 5 in Conjurations
 11228 | D:12    | Reached skill 5 in Spellcasting
 11677 | D:12    | Noticed Urug
 11694 | D:12    | Defeated Urug
 11694 | D:12    | Reached XP level 10. HP: 44/44 MP: 5/25
 11705 | D:12    | Learned a level 6 spell: Fireball
 11788 | D:12    | Reached skill 8 in Stealth
 12165 | D:12    | Reached skill 5 in Ice Magic
 12692 | D:11    | Gained mutation: Armour fits poorly on your deformed body.
 12692 | D:11    | Gained mutation: You can spit poison.
 12888 | D:10    | Reached skill 1 in Fighting
 14281 | Lair:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 14345 | Lair:1  | Learned a level 3 spell: Slow
 14554 | Lair:1  | Reached skill 1 in Enchantments
 14623 | Lair:1  | Reached XP level 11. HP: 26/48 MP: 5/27
 15992 | Lair:4  | Reached skill 9 in Dodging
 18161 | Swamp:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Swamp
 18275 | Swamp:1 | Noticed Erica
 18870 | Orc:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 18889 | Orc:1   | Reached skill 10 in Stealth
 19067 | Orc:4   | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 19124 | Orc:4   | Received a gift from Vehumet
 20225 | D:12    | Reached XP level 12. HP: 54/54 MP: 14/29
 21454 | D:13    | Noticed Erolcha
 21533 | D:13    | Defeated Erolcha
 21885 | D:14    | Reached skill 5 in Enchantments
 22327 | D:15    | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 24193 | D:17    | Learned a level 7 spell: Freezing Cloud
 24198 | D:18    | Noticed Josephine
 24214 | D:17    | Slain by a yak zombie

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 26, 2009, 09:15:07 PM

/Evil laugh

Char Dump file
This one is shaping out to be a good run :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:24:21 PM by Moaner »

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 26, 2009, 09:17:17 PM

Hmm... Spriggans are good at transmutation and enchantments.  Wonder how effective a spriggan transmuter would be.  Hasted spriggan bladehands could be pretty sick, but the lack of hps would make it a lot tougher.

Nice spell levels btw Slayerik.  

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 27, 2009, 07:06:18 AM

Running a Draconian Wizard, too early for a character dump, but I just hit 7 and turned mottled!  80 apt in fire, no penalty... and I can breathe sticky flame.   awesome, for real

Naturally he'll now die to a rat.    Nevermind.  Got stupid and it was a giant stag beetle. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:11:18 AM by Raging Turtle »
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 27, 2009, 10:09:15 PM

My highest score yet! 

I was rolling the dice and trying random unidentified scrolls and happened upon a scroll of fear which scared the hell out of my orc army.  My army scattered and within a few turns surrounded and viciously beat me to death.  Hurray!

21633 Paul Lazzaro the Hacker (level 13, -1/105 HPs)
             Began as a Hill Orc Priest on Feb 26, 2009.
             Was the Champion of Beogh.
             Slain by Arbolt
             ... wielding an orcish great mace (10 damage)
             ... on Level 15 of the Dungeon on Feb 28, 2009.
             The game lasted 02:54:08 (21142 turns).

Paul Lazzaro the Hacker (Hill Orc Priest)       Turns: 21142, Time: 02:54:08

HP  -1/105       AC 24     Str 18      Exp: 13/29691 (1660), need: 18809
MP  21/21        EV  6     Int 12      God: Beogh ******
Gold 850         SH  0     Dex 10      Spells:  0 memorised, 14 levels left

Res.Fire  : + . .   See Invis. : +   A - +3,+4 orc battleaxe
Res.Cold  : . . .   Warding    : .   C - +0 orc plate mail
Life Prot.: + . .   Conserve   : .   (no shield)
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : .   j - +2 dwarf helmet {SInv}
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : .   F - +0 cloak
                                     (no gloves)
Sust.Abil.: +       Rnd.Telep. : .   (no boots)
Res.Mut.  : .       Ctrl.Telep.: .   h - amulet of rage
Res.Slow  : .       Levitation : .   u - ring of life protection
Saprovore : + . .   Ctrl.Flight: .   m - ring of sustain abilities

@: somewhat resistant to magic, extremely unstealthy
A: water walking, fire resistance 1, saprovore 1
a: Smiting, Recall Orcish Followers, Renounce Religion, Evoke Berserk Rage

You were on level 15 of the Dungeon.
You worshipped Beogh.
Beogh was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 2 branches of the dungeon, and saw 21 of its levels.
You visited 1 portal chamber (including bazaars).

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 A - a +3,+4 orcish battleaxe (weapon)
Missiles
 e - 24 +0 stones (quivered)
Armour
 j - a +2 dwarven helmet of see invisible (worn)
 l - a +2 shield of protection
 C - a +0 orcish plate mail (worn)
 F - a +0 cloak (worn)
Magical devices
 b - a wand of polymorph other (8)
 n - a wand of disintegration (3)
 o - a wand of magic darts (12)
 p - a wand of enslavement (5)
 r - a wand of enslavement (5)
 x - a wand of cold (4)
 y - a wand of flame (12)
 B - a wand of fireball (6)
 D - a wand of digging (7)
 H - a wand of flame (12)
 M - a wand of draining (10)
 O - a wand of paralysis (10)
Comestibles
 k - 5 bread rations
 E - a pear
 G - 5 meat rations
Scrolls
 a - a scroll of fog
 i - 3 scrolls of detect curse
 z - 4 scrolls of magic mapping
 I - a scroll of vorpalise weapon
 K - 3 scrolls of remove curse
 N - a scroll of enchant armour
 Q - a scroll of random uselessness
 R - a scroll of acquirement
 S - a scroll of identify
Jewellery
 d - an uncursed ring of magical power
 f - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 h - an amulet of rage (around neck)
 m - a ring of sustain abilities (left hand)
 t - an uncursed ring of sustenance
 u - a ring of life protection (right hand)
 L - a +1 ring of intelligence
Potions
 c - 7 potions of healing
 g - 4 potions of restore abilities
 q - a potion of degeneration
 v - 3 potions of levitation
 w - a potion of heal wounds
 J - 2 potions of berserk rage
 T - a potion of gain intelligence

You had 1660 experience left.

Skills:
 + Level 9 Fighting
 + Level 15 Axes
 + Level 3 Throwing
 + Level 8 Armour
 + Level 4 Shields
 + Level 2 Traps & Doors
 + Level 1 Spellcasting
 + Level 7 Invocations
 + Level 1 Evocations

You had 14 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.

Overview of the Dungeon

Branches:
Temple: D:5       Orc   : D:10      Lair  : D:10      Swamp : Lair:4
Snake : Lair:5   

Altars:
Zin: D:4
Kikubaaqudgha: D:2
Vehumet: Lair:3
Sif Muna: D:6

Shops:
D:8: /  Lair:5: %  Lair:6: +

You can walk on water.
You can tolerate rotten meat.
Your flesh is heat resistant.

Message History

Rocco hits you with an orcish glaive.
The orc warrior splashes around in the water.
Arbolt misses you.
The giant newt bites you but doesn't do any damage.
The orc warrior hits you with an orcish hand axe.
* * * LOW HITPOINT WARNING * * *
Arbolt hits you with a runed orcish great mace!

#.{
 #.{{{.
 #.{{{.#
 #c{{{.#
 #.{{{.#
 #.{{{.#
 #k{{{.#
 #oo{{.#
 #@{{#
 #ol{#
 #o{{#
 V.{{#
 ..{{{
...{{{{
...P....
 ..#

You could see a killer bee, a plant, a vampire, two orc warriors, two Arbolts (orc knight), a centaur warrior, and a giant newt.

Vanquished Creatures
  2 hydras
  An elf (D:5)
  3 hill giants
  A troll (D:13)
  5 giant brown frogs
  Donald (D:11)
  A giant snail (Lair:2)
  A komodo dragon (D:13)
  2 blink frogs (Lair:2)
  The ghost of Paul Lazzaro the Chopper, an average HOPr (D:4)
  2 spiny frogs
  A hippogriff (Lair:4)
  2 yaks (D:11)
  Edmund (D:6)
  4 giant slugs
  A soldier ant (D:12)
  2 manticores
  A mottled dragon (D:13)
  A wyvern (Lair:5)
  A black bear (Lair:1)
  A phantom (D:8)
  7 centaurs
  6 ogres
  2 ice beasts
  5 giant lizards
  A yellow wasp (D:8)
  2 gila monsters
  Sigmund (D:2)
  7 giant frogs
  A war dog (Lair:3)
  4 brown snakes
  7 orc warriors
  A swamp drake (Lair:5)
  4 killer bees
  Blork the orc (D:6)
  8 imps
  An orc priest (D:10)
  3 giant beetles
  9 hounds
  2 orc wizards
  2 scorpions
  7 giant ants
  2 electrical eels (Lair:6)
  A quasit (D:10)
  5 giant iguanas
  3 sheep (Lair:4)
  5 jellies
  6 snakes
  A giant centipede (D:12)
  2 worms
  A worm zombie (D:7)
  2 wyvern zombies
  3 giant mites
  3 green rats (Lair:3)
  A mummy (D:8)
  2 giant frog zombies (D:10)
  An ooze (D:2)
  Jessica (D:2)
  A giant eyeball (D:8)
  2 hound zombies
  17 giant bats
  7 giant cockroaches
  4 giant geckos
  11 goblins
  27 grey rats
  18 hobgoblins
  5 jackals
  25 kobolds
  28 orcs
  11 giant newts
  An orc zombie (D:6)
  7 quokkas
  23 rats
342 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  3 hill giants
  A giant amoeba (D:13)
  Michael (D:11)
  A black snake (Lair:4)
  A cyclops (D:14)
  6 giant brown frogs
  6 slime creatures
  2 giant snails
  3 spiny frogs
  2 yaks
  3 blink frogs (Lair:2)
  2 giant goldfish (Lair:6)
  A firedrake (Lair:6)
  A wyvern (D:12)
  5 orc warriors
  2 ogres
  An ice beast (D:11)
  A big kobold (D:14)
  4 gila monsters
  A centaur (D:13)
  A giant lizard (Lair:1)
  A yellow wasp (D:11)
  5 giant frogs
  4 brown snakes
  8 killer bees
  4 jellies
  7 hounds
  4 orc priests
  2 giant ants (D:13)
  3 orc wizards
  6 sheep
  7 giant iguanas
  3 snakes
  A wyvern zombie (D:12)
  An electrical eel (Lair:6)
  A worm (Lair:5)
  A mummy (D:11)
  A giant ant zombie (D:14)
  A giant gecko (Lair:5)
  25 grey rats
  2 hobgoblins
  5 jackals
  4 kobolds (D:14)
  14 orcs
  4 giant bats
  2 giant newts
  A grey rat zombie (Lair:4)
  4 quokkas
  2 rats
  2 plants
173 creatures vanquished.

An orc sorcerer (Lair:6)
  4 orc warriors
  An orc priest (D:10)
  An orc wizard (D:11)
  A jelly (D:11)
  46 orcs
  A lemure (Lair:2)
  2 green rats (Lair:3)
  A brown snake zombie (Lair:5)
  2 sheep zombies (Lair:6)
  2 ufetubi (Lair:6)
  A giant newt (D:8)
  A grey rat (Lair:5)
  10 grey rat zombies
  2 kobolds
  2 quokka zombies
  A rat (D:4)
79 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 594 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place   | Note
     0 | D:1     | Paul Lazzaro, the Hill Orc Priest, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1     | Reached XP level 1. HP: 13/13 MP: 1/1
   275 | D:1     | Reached XP level 2. HP: 14/20 MP: 2/3
   361 | D:1     | Acquired Beogh's second power
   638 | D:1     | Reached XP level 3. HP: 26/27 MP: 4/4
  1196 | D:2     | Noticed Sigmund
  1255 | D:2     | Defeated Sigmund
  1255 | D:2     | Reached XP level 4. HP: 19/34 MP: 5/6
  1255 | D:2     | Reached XP level 5. HP: 24/40 MP: 6/8
  1526 | D:2     | Reached skill 5 in Axes
  1543 | D:2     | Noticed Jessica
  1558 | D:2     | Defeated Jessica
  1600 | D:2     | Noticed a big fish zombie
  1600 | D:2     | Noticed a big fish zombie
  1600 | D:2     | Noticed a giant goldfish zombie
  1605 | D:2     | Noticed a big fish zombie
  2268 | D:2     | Reached skill 1 in Armour
  2555 | D:2     | Reached skill 1 in Shields
  2556 | D:2     | Noticed a giant goldfish zombie
  2556 | D:2     | Noticed a big fish zombie
  3132 | D:4     | Defeated Paul Lazzaro's ghost
  3132 | D:4     | Reached XP level 6. HP: 26/48 MP: 5/9
  3394 | D:4     | Reached skill 6 in Axes
  3776 | D:4     | Reached XP level 7. HP: 50/55 MP: 10/10
  4070 | D:5     | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  4111 | D:5     | Reached skill 7 in Axes
  4125 | D:5     | Reached XP level 8. HP: 22/62 MP: 6/12
  4829 | D:5     | Reached skill 8 in Axes
  5604 | D:6     | Reached skill 5 in Fighting
  5631 | D:6     | Reached skill 9 in Axes
  5886 | D:6     | Noticed Edmund
  5928 | D:6     | Defeated Edmund
  5983 | D:6     | Reached XP level 9. HP: 68/69 MP: 15/15
  6453 | D:6     | Noticed Blork the orc
  6467 | D:6     | Defeated Blork the orc
  6826 | D:7     | Reached skill 10 in Axes
  9457 | D:8     | Gained mutation: Your muscles are flexible (Dex +1), but weak (Str -1).
  9457 | D:8     | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
  9457 | D:8     | Gained mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant.
  9501 | D:9     | Reached skill 11 in Axes
 10026 | D:9     | Reached XP level 10. HP: 28/77 MP: 17/17
 10078 | D:9     | Acquired Beogh's third power
 10636 | D:10    | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 11301 | D:10    | Reached skill 12 in Axes
 11643 | D:10    | Reached XP level 11. HP: 81/85 MP: 18/18
 11905 | D:10    | Acquired Beogh's fourth power
 11957 | D:10    | Gained mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
 11957 | D:10    | Gained mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
 12226 | D:10    | Reached skill 1 in Throwing
 12325 | D:10    | Reached skill 5 in Armour
 12552 | D:11    | Noticed Michael
 12561 | D:11    | Defeated Michael
 12626 | D:11    | Lost mutation: Your mind is acute (Int +1).
 12626 | D:11    | Lost mutation: Your muscles are flexible (Dex +1), but weak (Str -1).
 12626 | D:11    | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry.
 12626 | D:11    | Lost mutation: Your natural rate of healing is unusually fast.
 12724 | Lair:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 12839 | Lair:1  | Reached skill 1 in Spellcasting
 13096 | Lair:2  | Reached skill 13 in Axes
 13150 | Lair:2  | Reached skill 1 in Traps & Doors
 13754 | Lair:3  | Acquired Beogh's fifth power
 14807 | Lair:4  | Reached skill 14 in Axes
 15348 | Lair:5  | Reached skill 1 in Evocations
 15349 | Lair:5  | Reached XP level 12. HP: 86/98 MP: 19/19
 16362 | Lair:6  | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 18161 | D:11    | Noticed Donald
 18174 | D:11    | Reached skill 15 in Axes
 18174 | D:11    | Defeated Donald
 18758 | Bazaar  | Entered a Bazaar
 20854 | D:14    | Reached XP level 13. HP: 93/105 MP: 21/21
 21133 | D:15    | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 21142 | D:15    | Slain by Arbolt

Not sure what my next character is going to be.  I'm thinking about going back and trying a Spriggan Stalker.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 28, 2009, 06:10:22 PM

I did the same thing with a fear scroll, only had 2 orcs at the time though.  I was forced to kill an orc knight that I had raised from a lowly regular orc.  We had been through a lot together.  There was a tear in my eye I tell you.

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 04, 2009, 07:48:58 AM

i'm pretty clueless as far as how the skill development portion works but still having fun, been playing hill orc chaos knight pretty much exclusively.  guess i should try an easier combo to see some stuff further in.  Wish i could find decent plate+shield+something gormaund, lots of AC seems to be pretty critical and food becomes a serious issue in places like the orc mines.  here is my best run to date:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: DCSS: The Adventures of Happy Hedonist, or The Spriggans Crusade  
Jump to: