Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 21163 times)
schild
Administrator

on: February 02, 2009, 08:36:50 AM

Wat? No Thread?

Fixed.

After Family Remains, and what I like to call The Best Title for An Episode anywhere for anything: Criss Angel is a Douche Bag, we get one of the worst episodes in the entire series.

Anyone else still watching this?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:48:28 AM

I watch it religiously. The "high school reunion" episode was all about highlighting that actions can have unintended consequences and I don't think it's an accident that it centered around Sam. I suspect that later in the season we'll look back and go "damn if only Sam had taken the lesson he learned to heart."

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 08:49:47 AM

I watch it religiously. The "high school reunion" episode was all about highlighting that actions can have unintended consequences and I don't think it's an accident that it centered around Sam. I suspect that later in the season we'll look back and go "damn if only Sam had taken the lesson he learned to heart."

I understood what it was about, but "getting it" doesn't make it good.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:56:45 AM

I watch it.  Not religiously, but I enjoy it whenever I catch it on.  I think the cocky older brother is cute!   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:09:09 AM

I did not know this was still airing.  Is everything still blue?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 09:13:04 AM

I understood what it was about, but "getting it" doesn't make it good.

It was an alright episode. Figuring out who the culprit was was predictable though I didn't see his motivations coming. Hey, at least it was Sam feeling bad about his actions this week and not Dean.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 03:50:01 PM

cwtv.com has the worst way to watch their episodes online. I can't watch  or rewatch episodes I missed this season.

Dean and Sam are my gods. I want a crossover episode where Dean and Sam kill Silar(sp) from Heroes.

If you goto cwtv.com they do have a clip of Dean off shoot of him singing Survivor totally worth it.

Also now I'd like to comment on how beautiful the colors  on Smallville and Supernatural the type of film they use or the way its shown on my television is awesome. Compared to Fox,NBC,CBS,ABC. Its like you can describe the way each station. Fox always trying to be super sharp it comes across  grainy. NBC tries to be super sharp but no grainy yet its not appealing. CBS and ABC do not come across with sharp pictures, yet its not appealing to me blurry not focused.

Smallville and Suprnatural perfect.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 06:26:21 PM

I'm watching this episode, where everyone has their wishes granted by a wishing well.

"KNEEL BEFORE TODD!"   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 10:01:32 PM

I'm just annoyed that it has gone into reruns for no reason I can fathom.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 09:49:24 AM

I noticed that too.  Every time I catch it on, it seems to be one I've seen in the past few months or so.  Not even long enough to forget what everyone was wearing!  I also like the way this show looks.  (sorry, I don't watch Smallville) 

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 08:18:42 AM

New episodes don't start until march 12th. And while i find the angel/demon stuff interesting i still kinda liked the first 2 seasons monster of the week format. Its a great show.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 08:40:02 AM

Yes, but why did they stop showing new ones after showing new ones for not very long?  I don't understand the reasoning when tv shows do this.  It seems to me that it would contribute a lot to shows losing audience numbers.  I've watched a few shows in the past that did this and, after a couple of weeks or so of repeats for no apparent reason, I've wondered off for good.  I should think a lot of people would do that. 

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 08:41:13 AM

No official reason but rumors that it has something to do with American Idol.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 08:49:14 AM

Oh dear.  I can't seem to come up with even a daft idea of what it could be!

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 05:37:06 PM

New episode and it was pretty interesting getting back to the main plot. Pretty apparent that Sam is going to end up evil or tainted with his brother being asked to kill him.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 05:55:58 AM

New episode and it was pretty interesting getting back to the main plot. Pretty apparent that Sam is going to end up evil or tainted with his brother being asked to kill him.

I wish I could have seen it but it was preempted by Big 12 Basketball games and my DVR recorded during the game instead of the show later that same night. Maybe I'll catch it on the internet.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 02:22:40 PM

I really like the way they deal with angels. Just visually even. Always that off screen shadow or flutter.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 09:40:52 PM

I am the prophet, Chuck.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:33:32 PM

Why does this show randomly bounce to back to reruns? Is the season over?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 05:15:59 AM

Supposed to be a new episode on the 24th or something.

Note: I don't know if that means New for everyone, or New for like, Canada, or something silly like that.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 07:47:55 PM

Is anyone else watching this? I want to harp on how awesome it is with someone but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 10:11:01 PM

I am, haven't seen this week's episode yet.
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 01:43:02 AM

Yes, that was an excellent episode.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 02:28:23 AM

It is a great series way underrated. I still somewhat prefer the earlier seasons before it gets all complex. Monster of the week worked well.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 08:33:40 AM

I watch it, too.  I've missed some because it's another series that goes back and forth with repeats at odd times.  I just hate that.  I really like the brother alignment switch-a-roo storyline.  The angels are a bit OTT, but it's still good fun.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 11:17:23 PM

I love that the Angels are just dicks.

schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 11:46:30 PM

Oh man. I CAN'T WAIT for season 5. That was fucking great.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 09:58:01 PM

Oh man. I CAN'T WAIT for season 5. That was fucking great.

Where's God in all this?

ACK!

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 12:57:30 PM

I was wondering if they were going to go full balls and have Lucifer actually possess Sam.  Sadly not.  Still an awesome finale.

And Castiel is getting promoted to series regular for Season 5.
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 01:24:42 PM

I was wondering if they were going to go full balls and have Lucifer actually possess Sam.  Sadly not.  Still an awesome finale.

Not yet at least awesome, for real
And Castiel is getting promoted to series regular for Season 5.
Easily one of the best actors on TV, so bravo to him.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 07:21:02 AM

This show is worth watching then? I've consumed about all the shows I want to at the moment.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 01:22:01 PM

I have been enjoying it. Its well done for an attempt at a horror/suspense SERIES. Very much monster of the week, but that's not a bad thing.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 02:14:09 PM

Cant wait to see what they do with Satan.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 07:45:57 AM

Satan?

Anyway, just finished season 2 last night. This show is funny, and has good FX. I like the characters, but some of the heartfelt dialog can get a little long, and well, repetitive. Otherwise a good show.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 12:31:24 PM

I got bored so decided to watch the entire series so far.  The show's not too bad, some good episodes.  However, the emo bullshit gets so tiresome.  I wish they would have toned that all down. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supernatural  
Jump to: