Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supernatural 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 21162 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #70 on: October 19, 2014, 07:31:02 PM

I've watched it all along and still like it a lot.  I do agree about the emo brother stuff.  Sometimes I'm embarrassed for them.  Maybe this year they'll kill one off.  For good.  I hope it's Sam because Dean is awesome.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 19, 2014, 08:23:43 PM

I hope it's Sam because Dean is awesome.
I agree with you, as far as I am concerned the show never needed Sam to begin with and probably could have been all that much if it had only Dean from the start.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: October 20, 2014, 04:28:40 PM

It does start to drag. I love the show, watch it religiously (nyuk) but I get tired of the bro drama created just to keep the female audience around. Still, great characters and some good comedy comes out of it every once in awhile.

The audience is largely female - if they didn't keep them around the show wouldn't have continued.

Anyway, Castiel, Dean, Crowley and the occasional Death are so fucking good it doesn't even matter. Show is awesome. Timothy Omundson was awesome also.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 20, 2014, 04:30:31 PM

They could make an Odd Couple rip off with Castiel and Crowley and i would watch.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #74 on: October 21, 2014, 09:26:20 AM

It does start to drag. I love the show, watch it religiously (nyuk) but I get tired of the bro drama created just to keep the female audience around. Still, great characters and some good comedy comes out of it every once in awhile.

The audience is largely female - if they didn't keep them around the show wouldn't have continued.

Anyway, Castiel, Dean, Crowley and the occasional Death are so fucking good it doesn't even matter. Show is awesome. Timothy Omundson was awesome also.

Or maybe it how they think the female audience would respond.  I'm female and I wouldn't mind less brotherly mushiness. 

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 12, 2014, 10:31:40 AM

While SOA's episode (S07E10 "Faith and Despondency")this week had me grinding my teeth in frustration Supernatural delivered a really good "musical" episode (S10E05 "Fan Fiction").
While SOA's episode was dragged down by the baggage of everything that has previously happened and the soap opera related to it Supernatural was the opposite and really used the stuff from previous seasons etc to make the episode work and be enjoyable.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 12, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

They could make an Odd Couple rip off with Castiel and Crowley and i would watch.
This needs to happen.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #77 on: November 12, 2014, 01:22:05 PM

It was good because they didn't break character.  And they didn't sing! 

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 15, 2014, 04:42:31 PM

Jerk/bitch at the end was the hardest I've laughed in a long time.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 15, 2014, 11:11:03 PM

I'm not sure there's another show that does the light-hearted episodes better than Supernatural. They're almost always funny and a nice break from the larger storyline. This one was no exception.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: November 16, 2014, 12:22:04 AM

Except for the bit where they were reminded they've left a brother to rot in hell cuddling with Lucifer. That was a pleasant shot of depressing for them.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Supernatural  
Jump to: