Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:44:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  (Read 258000 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #595 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:41 PM

They have nerfed fouls, it is no longer a good idea at all to use a foul action each turn.  Its a purely situational tactic now not a b&b part of each turn.  They have made Sneaky Git such a terrible skill as a result that I can't imagine when you would bother to take it except on a team like Goblins.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: August 04, 2009, 05:23:33 PM

It probably takes up to about two hours per game, but it mostly depends on how quickly each player takes their turn. My friends and i have been playing with the default 4-minute/turn timer - so whereas i tend to play my turns out quickly (usually sub one minute), one friend sometimes takes nearly all four to make his moves. I think that if you're thinking of getting into it, even the most time-strapped person should be able to find space for one game every couple of days. 

You referring to Sean or me?  In challenge options you can opt for 1 minute turns!!  he'll hit accept then realise when he's only moved 2 players  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

*Should be working*
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #597 on: August 04, 2009, 06:44:54 PM

Played Aez tonight and the dice gods remembered that I need to be punished for something once again. Twice I had two dice blocks that came up two skulls followed by two more skulls on the reroll. I even had a three dice block that came up two skulls and a both down (on my Krox so no Block skill). Of the three fouls I threw, two resulted in a sending off and only once did I successfully manage to pick up the ball during the whole match. Not a great game for me but Aez did everything right and scored two TDs in the first half for a comfortable victory.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #598 on: August 05, 2009, 12:02:38 AM

Fouls are a roll against the armour value with a +1 for each assisting player. If the armour roll is a double then you are sent off (Dirty Tricks skill means you are only sent off on a double if the armour roll is failed).

I remembered the first part, wasn't sure about the second.

I'm already finding the "no visible dice" thing around armour and injury rolls annoying. I'll add fouls to that annoyance.

Now trying to figure out how this player account buisiness works online..

Also, does anyone have any idea whatsoever why BloodBowl has a poor remix of the Battlefield1942/Battlefield2 music as it's theme?  swamp poop
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:05:18 AM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #599 on: August 05, 2009, 12:07:20 AM

I'm already finding the "no visible dice" thing around armour and injury rolls annoying. I'll add fouls to that annoyance.

You can mouse over the target to see his stats and therefore his armour value. In most cases it's a straight roll unless you are fouling. Injury rolls are a separate 2d6 roll once the armour roll is failed so there's way to give you an idea of the injury you might cause before you've made your move.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #600 on: August 05, 2009, 12:20:19 AM

Yeah, I know how it works (I'm an old school minis gamer). I just like to see the dice And the chart. Probably because I'm an old-school minis gamer.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Anyone up for a quick friendly game? I'm on now.

Flinky
Terracotta Army

Reply #601 on: August 05, 2009, 12:50:26 AM

Yeah, I know how it works (I'm an old school minis gamer). I just like to see the dice And the chart. Probably because I'm an old-school minis gamer.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Anyone up for a quick friendly game? I'm on now.

Not sure if this is what you're after but, in case you hadn't seen it, you can toggle the chat window in the bottom left to display all dice rolls. The only annoying thing about this setup is I often miss chat since I almost never leave the results tab.

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #602 on: August 05, 2009, 06:41:46 AM

Not a huge problem, the chat icon start blinking when the opponent write something.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #603 on: August 05, 2009, 08:34:55 AM

Azazel, make sure you are in the Steam f13 bb group whenever I feel like playing a public game I check who is online and start sending msg's.  Also make sure you switch from chat window to dice window like others have said.  You will still feel abused by the game since you and your opponent are standing there rolling the dice themselves but eventually you get over it when the feeling of "I've seen it all before" starts to set in.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #604 on: August 05, 2009, 09:52:31 AM

So, Aez is basically the first f13 BB champion unless a miracle happens in Day #7. Cool!

EDIT: I suck, but I am the only one who didn`t lose with him so far  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #605 on: August 05, 2009, 03:29:17 PM

Azazel, make sure you are in the Steam f13 bb group

You got me all excited that the game is on Steam.  But. . uh, no.  Still waiting until September.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: August 05, 2009, 07:49:03 PM

I won but goddammit my star kicker got killed on the last turn.

Went up 260 points after the game and got me The Proletarian, the death roller.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #607 on: August 05, 2009, 07:54:29 PM

2 injuries in a row on the 2nd or 3rd round, followed up with a KO a bit later.  I think someone slipped something in their stout before the game.   I did get the kill on his kicker, though.

Now to decide what team to use for the next league.  And also hire Tom Osbourne to provide coaching tips on football.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #608 on: August 05, 2009, 09:21:43 PM

I finally won a game in my west coast private league (NAWBBL, I was 0-3 going into today), my orcs were up against a Chaos player who was down a CW to injury.  It was the perfect remedy since I out bashed him and the whole thing devolved into a giant scrum rather quickly.  I actually did a good job pushing my cage forward and forcing him to make desperate plays and the dice finally came to my rescue and punished him for them.  Once I was up 1-0 I stalled him out for 4 turns by just stacking vertical lines and making 2 dice blocks in front of him and threatening his beasty w/ the ball.  Since he only had one beast w/ agility 4 if I knocked it on the ground he was pretty much screwed so he had to be cautious and time ran out.  But not before I put a CW on a stretcher (thanks mighty blow!) which really turned the odds in my favor as I had ko'd another beast.

So I started the second half on defense but with a 1 player advantage and him down 2 CW's from the maximum and no mino btw.  I stalled him with vertical lines again and when he tried to run it right I pinned him on the sideline the second the block dice didn't go his way which thankfully happened quickly.  I ended up putting 3 of his players into the stands before he tried to run the ball to the left flank for a desperation pass.  He needed a blitz to clear the way and it wasn't to be, my orc grabbed the beastman by the horns and threw him to the ground.  I grabbed the ball, stalled at the goaline for another couple of turns and put in the insurance touchdown, I also smashed the knee of another CW.

Nobody grinds out a nasty face smashing win like orcs.  I got a second blitzer mighty blow and now I need to figure out how I'm going to contend with a goddamn rat ogre with juggernaut distracting me from the typical skaven silliness (thrower runs 7, passes it 3 squares for free to GR w/ block, who blitzes and runs 9 for easy td) sigh.

I can't wait to play against you guys since my starting team spending is so much more refined then it was when I made my team for this league.  I had read some idiot saying that you shouldn't worry about fan factor and I'm currently at fan factor 1 and always broke as a result.

-William Gibson
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #609 on: August 06, 2009, 01:19:40 AM

Azazel, make sure you are in the Steam f13 bb group whenever I feel like playing a public game I check who is online and start sending msg's.  Also make sure you switch from chat window to dice window like others have said.  You will still feel abused by the game since you and your opponent are standing there rolling the dice themselves but eventually you get over it when the feeling of "I've seen it all before" starts to set in.

Yep, will continue to do. Only problem is that not many are online when I get home - I'm at GMT+10

still re-learning the ropes so far, particularly on initial team setup.

Is there an easy way to tell during setup if you're kicking or recieving? I keep setting up in order to give the opposition a whalloping, only to find that I set up first and they're completely reorganised afterwards.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: August 06, 2009, 06:13:45 AM

Is there an easy way to tell during setup if you're kicking or recieving? I keep setting up in order to give the opposition a whalloping, only to find that I set up first and they're completely reorganised afterwards.
You can read in the "system messages window" if you won the coin throw.

I also think there is a message on the screen telling you if you are setting up for kicking or recieving.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: August 06, 2009, 08:02:41 AM

It says on the screen "ORGANIZE PLAYERS BEFORE KICKING OFF" or "ORGANIZE PLAYERS BEFORE RECEIVING KICKOFF"
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: August 06, 2009, 08:12:18 AM

The most important thing is to have at least 3 rerolls, 4 if possible.  Also, for most team, it's better to avoid the big guy for the first few game.  They are a huge source of turnover with their loner skill and lack of block.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: August 06, 2009, 09:27:16 AM

Well, the number of rerolls depends on the team. More expensive teams are going to end up with less rerolls just to get enough people on the field. I suppose there's an argument for letting your linemen be filled with mercs but fuck a bunch of taking my MVP awards away from people I keep.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: August 06, 2009, 11:40:28 AM

The most important thing is to have at least 3 rerolls, 4 if possible.  Also, for most team, it's better to avoid the big guy for the first few game.  They are a huge source of turnover with their loner skill and lack of block.

Wood Elves could be an exception to that. Since your big guy won't ever be trying to pick up, catch or throw the ball lack of rerolls isn't such an issue and even without block it's really nice to have someone on your team who can give bashing a go. Of course he's probably not as useful as an extra 2 rerolls (which cost as much as him when setting up the team)

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: August 06, 2009, 11:41:10 AM

You can't start a team with merc I think.  You need at least 11 players.  Expensive team should simply use more linemans.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #616 on: August 07, 2009, 01:58:52 AM

What the fuck???

Playing the AI - a skaven team threw the ball and then handed off the ball later on..

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #617 on: August 07, 2009, 02:31:09 AM

What the fuck???

Playing the AI - a skaven team threw the ball and then handed off the ball later on..

Yes you can hand off in the same turn that you throw. You can't do more than one of each however.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #618 on: August 08, 2009, 03:21:39 AM

Fuck that makes Skaven unpleasant. I assume it also makes WE's unpleasant as well.

for my latest "I don't know what my buttons do" question - is there a way to view my team roster once I'm in a game? I can't figure out how to or if it's even possible. That was always an important aspect of managing your players' SPP.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #619 on: August 08, 2009, 10:10:17 AM

If you hit N 3-4 times you get the SPP readout which I think will do what you want it to do.

-William Gibson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #620 on: August 11, 2009, 07:55:04 PM

Come on fellas, get to the finals already. And post the replays, dammit!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: August 12, 2009, 01:00:14 AM

Come on fellas, get to the finals already. And post the replays, dammit!

We are kinda waiting to get into the next league!

*Should be working*
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: August 12, 2009, 05:08:45 AM

We still have one game to play I think.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #623 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:45 AM

Fuck that makes Skaven unpleasant. I assume it also makes WE's unpleasant as well.

for my latest "I don't know what my buttons do" question - is there a way to view my team roster once I'm in a game? I can't figure out how to or if it's even possible. That was always an important aspect of managing your players' SPP.

Oh god yes they are the kings of the fast TD due to this. Its really darn hard to keep them from scoring unless the game gods are against them. One long throw a run and a hand off can score from one end of the field to the other.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: August 15, 2009, 05:53:02 AM

Should we force a draw and advance to the final round?
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: August 15, 2009, 06:24:38 AM

Thats me and Typhon, Im ready to play, but never catch him on steam

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #626 on: August 15, 2009, 09:05:18 AM

The Forces of Chaos clashed (with a total of five chaos warriors on field)...

Black Amnesty won 2-0 and killed one of the beasts in the process!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:14:37 AM by Scadente »

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #627 on: August 15, 2009, 09:35:34 AM

Sorry it took so long, work/personal life has been rough this week.  Work especially, quiet during the day (while at work), then stressful/tedious after hours. 

Took another ass-beating, I think I had three men on the field by the end of the game.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: August 16, 2009, 08:13:05 AM

Think I can make it?  Those stats are insane.  I think there's only one Skaven team in the top 50, they are random with their low armor so it's really hard to NEVER lose a game.  Also, I'm playing against all races, even if my draw is of course VS a dwarf team.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #629 on: August 16, 2009, 08:25:55 AM

The people at the top game the system. You won't make it.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  
Jump to: