Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  (Read 251889 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #210 on: July 01, 2009, 09:21:11 AM

Yeah.  Fuckers.  I haven't seen my home machine for over two weeks though and I'm not getting back there until late next week.
Not having access to play it is easier than not being able to afford it, sucka.

I can't afford it either, but I will anyways.  No night cap drinking for awhile  cry

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: July 01, 2009, 01:09:42 PM

Falconeer, I'm in GMT timewise. So is east coast +5 hours? 5pm would be about 10 in the evening here? I'll be online on thursday to crack some skulls then!

I'm not working at the moment, just poopsocking games, so I'm ready almost at any time, bar 4 in the night to 10 in the morning

edit: go it the wrong way around.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:11:25 PM by Scadente »

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #212 on: July 01, 2009, 01:13:14 PM

Oh, GMT? Sweet! So let's meet thursday night, which is tomorrow. I am GMT+1 so my night is pretty much your night. I'll be on from GMT 9pm for about 4 hours.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: July 01, 2009, 02:25:46 PM

I sent an ingame mail to Typhon. The ingame GUI is fucking abysmal but functional. Once both people are on, you just highlight your team and then your match. Click the start match button, voila.

Under Free scheduling I think you'll have to click to advance days, Falc.

I'll be on tonight, probably till about 10PM (-4 GMT = EDT).  I like the new patch cause you can toggle away from the game to hit a browser, etc.  Friday is also good as I'm off.  ... probably you already told me your schedule via the in-game email and I'm just being a twat for posting this.

why so serious?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: July 01, 2009, 03:54:55 PM

It's cool. I'll definitely be on by 8:30 or so Eastern so I'll try to catch you then.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: July 01, 2009, 06:02:28 PM

I started messing about with the campaign, and ended up missing IanC as a result as it wouldn't let me back into multiplayer for some reason, and I was shocked at the weirdness of playing against the CPU.  The first match, I lost to the humans against my dwarf team, which didn't come as much surprise.  The second match, though, I was playing against a 740 pt Dwarf team vs my 940 pt Dwarf team.  I figure I should be able to eek out a win, but no.  They where stomping me on blocks/tackles, but the worst insult was that the CPU dwarves kept running right past my players.  I checked the rolls, and sure as shit, I had to roll a 6+ to dodge, vs their 3+, and they didn't have any different skills than I did.

Same thing with the Human Linebackers with no skills at all, that managed to consistently put my Dwarves on their asses on top of waltzing right past them with nary a problem.  I know I suck at football, and all, but I really seem to be on the losing end of the dice an inordinate amount of the time.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: July 02, 2009, 10:11:19 AM

Is it possible that the 6+ roll you had to make for a dodge was when you were dodging into another tacklezone (or -zones), but he only had to dodge out of a -zone into the clear - hence the 3+ roll? Every overlapping tacklezone you dodge into adds one to the number you have to hit.

Of course you may already know all this.

I didn't know this game was even in production until I saw this thread. I immediately bought it and so have all my friends who I used to play with back in the day. Fun times ahead.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: July 02, 2009, 10:38:26 AM

Seems like the ingame chat/mail is so wonky that playing those League games will prove harder than we thought. Maybe we should use some kind of external chatter, like IRC, Skype, MSN or whateva, to coordinate or simply see who's online. Right now, or you are so lucky that you shoot an invitation to someone who is idling in the chat window and see your invite which only stays up for 10 seconds, or you will never get that league match. How stupid.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: July 02, 2009, 11:21:34 AM

No. When your opponent is online it's different. There's a Play Match button in the lower right when you're both on and have your team highlighted. There's still the weenie accept button but it's not the crapshoot pub games are.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: July 02, 2009, 12:59:24 PM

Ok MA, but still if I hit "Play Match" it only appears as an invitation to my opponent, and that invitation stays on screen for 10 seconds, am I wrong? Does he get the invite even if he's playing another game? And what if he's just idling? When he comes back my invitation will be long gone (10 seconds).

Basically there are no easy ways to simply attract your opponent's attention and make him notice you are online and willing to play, even if he is online too. Even mails or instant messages are almost invisible, and that bothers me.

Am I doing something wrong?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:36 PM

And I suck! The league is on, and in the very first match Scadente/Krummi and his Chaos team, Black Amnesty, dispatched my orcs 1 to nil.

PICTURES!

Some fun facts about the game:

- Schild wins the disappointment award: out of the action for pretty much the whole game, he touches his first ball for an easy pass and fails it. Boohoo!
- Numtini has been Bat Country MVP!
- Signe has been sent off for roughing a knocked down player... and getting noticed by the ref! Evil Signe.
- Ironwood chopped heads.
- I suck.

On the game, a nail biter! Scadente and his team scored on me on turn 14 (something like the last 2 minutes in a football match!), but then he managed to botch it and give me an unbelievable chance to even it. With no rerolls he went to the desperation blitz on my open field ballcarrier... A whole 16 turns match, roughly 90 minutes, decided by a single die roll! 1 dice, 50% he wins the game 50% I score and we are even.... and he made it. I lose  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

That was simply exhilarating!

Now, please, everyone else, on with your games.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #221 on: July 02, 2009, 02:27:46 PM

Been online for an hour staring at the lobby screen waiting for my opponent. Twice I've been stood up now. If we don't get a chance to play tomorrow I'll have to drop out and Ironwood can have my place as I don't think I'll be around for the end of the league otherwise.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: July 02, 2009, 02:51:04 PM

If Aez is ready, I am idling in the lobby right now, but he has been "playing" since I got home.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: July 02, 2009, 03:02:32 PM

I am getting the shit kicked out of my orc team 'Whaaaambulance'.

I can't win a single game.

Loving it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: July 02, 2009, 03:40:25 PM

See what I mean, Modern Angel? Your opponent is in the game, but you can't do anything to let him know YOOOOOOOO I AM HERE STOP THAT WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING AND PLAY WITH ME! This sucks.

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: July 02, 2009, 03:56:15 PM

OK, i'm up for the game.

I wasn't playing even if I was logged own, I was winning a daring contest about who would quit/disconnect first from a bugged game.  I won after 24h  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: July 02, 2009, 05:16:28 PM

Got disconnected a few hours ago and could not log back in, I am back in game now. I will take a quick shower and will then be ready for the game.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #227 on: July 02, 2009, 05:22:43 PM

Yay I'm on somebody's team awesome, for real
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #228 on: July 02, 2009, 05:24:59 PM

You people really need to be coordinating through Steam PM's, or AIM, or hell text msg's on your cell phones.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: July 02, 2009, 05:26:42 PM

You people really need to be coordinating through Steam PM's, or AIM, or hell text msg's on your cell phones.
Right. Aez just logged of as I came back from my shower.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: July 02, 2009, 05:30:46 PM

Still here.

edit : will be in the west chat.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:34:06 PM by Aez »
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: July 02, 2009, 05:42:27 PM

Been online for an hour staring at the lobby screen waiting for my opponent. Twice I've been stood up now. If we don't get a chance to play tomorrow I'll have to drop out and Ironwood can have my place as I don't think I'll be around for the end of the league otherwise.

My fault.  The time zone conversion site I used to first time led me to the wrong time by about 3 hours.  I think I have the CET to CST conversion down now, so everything should get sorted tomorrow.  If not, I'll just forfeit the match, since it's my inability to figure out time zones that screwed the pooch.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: July 02, 2009, 06:25:34 PM

Still here.

edit : will be in the west chat.
Hm. Looks like I can't connect to other players, everytime I start a challenge I time out. It worked before. No idea whats going on. Anyway. It is 2:34 am over here, I get a few hours of sleep. Sorry if you just waited for me, Aez  ACK!

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: July 02, 2009, 07:53:08 PM

Sit tight on that. There's a bug where when their servers fart it doesn't look like it and instead puts the onus on you. It's periodic and (for me) infrequent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: July 03, 2009, 02:12:38 AM

I agree we need some kinda communication effort.

I think most here are on Steam, so we ought to use that.

If my steam is on at the weekend, I'll probably be at the machine.  Feel free to throw me a squirt for a game or two.

Be aware, however, that I haven't won a single game yet - I would appear to suck mightily.  It could be easy points for someone.

Ohhhhh, I see.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #235 on: July 03, 2009, 02:43:58 AM

I'm on steam as Mananog.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: July 03, 2009, 02:51:15 AM

Ok, so new rule: whenever you are up for a game log in Steam too, is it ok for everyone? Who doesn't have a Steam account or is against this policy?

I can be found there as "[f13] Falconeer"

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: July 03, 2009, 05:26:51 AM

Doh... Singapore!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: July 03, 2009, 06:25:19 AM

Modern Angel 2 - Typhon 0

Good job there.

We only need Aez vs. Helm and Iainc vs. Cadaverine to be done with day #1

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: July 03, 2009, 08:18:43 AM

Yeah, I didn't want to victory dance too much since I'm a gentleman. But I beat the shit out of him.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Oh, you can find me as Brocktoon. I'm sure there are other Brocktoons.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #240 on: July 03, 2009, 11:40:02 AM

Got the game in against Cadaverine. Final score was 1-0 to him. He spent the first half of the match committing genocide on Skinks and taking the opportunity to score while everything on my team that could pick up a ball reliably was in the injury pen. I was playing with 7 or fewer lizards for most of the match. The second half was characterised by the utter failure of my remaining Skink to be able to pick up a ball. On the very last turn of the game the ball was in his TD zone and free with no tackle zones near it. I had a Skink two squares away who just had to make a dodge roll and a pickup roll to even the match, he successfully dodged away from his marker but fumbled the ball and the whistle blew.

Good game and once again Dwarfs are my nemesis team.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: July 03, 2009, 11:53:25 AM

Breaking News :  Whaaambulance still can't defeat anyone.  Yet to score.

I'm doing something REALLY WRONG.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: July 03, 2009, 12:21:49 PM

The dice did not like IainC's Lizardmen.  His big guy got confused twice at rather inopportune times, and his poor skinks didn't fare very well at all.  I thought he'd tie it up after the throw in to my endzone, though, but then the skink dropped the ball.  Even I winced when that happened. 

Still, I had fun, and learned a bit more about the game, which is good.  It would be nice if there was a bit more detailed summary page for your team after each game so you could check players stats, and such.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: July 03, 2009, 12:28:45 PM

Someone want to give us a little more info on the skills on level up, beyond Block ?

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: July 03, 2009, 01:07:50 PM

I came, I saw, I got my ass kicked!  Didn't have much luck with the dice, and even when it did, I managed to not take advantage of it.  WARNING: if you are playing single player, don't get used to having a lot of time to make up your mind - the timer in the league is currently set to 2 minutes.  Don't dawdle.

My minotaur pissed me off right proper, to bad I really wanted to play Chaos.  Loner + Wild Animal = sound and fury significant of nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  
Jump to: