Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:10:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Scrubs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scrubs  (Read 16036 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 05:53:48 AM

Janitor is fucking amazing. It's weird to see him in other things now, and just funny as hell to see him in The Fugitive now.

There was a reference to that in one of this week's episodes. I couldn't stop laughing.

Carla, trying to convince him that he didn't see her pluck a nasty-long boob hair has him questioning everything.  To which he mutters "Maybe I really wasn't in the Fugitive."

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 12:34:51 PM

Wait, is this show back on? I heard that ABC was picking it up, but the Tivo hasn't been catching it since it moved (if it, indeed, has). Need to change up the queue, I guess.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 01:31:56 PM

The new season feels pretty forced but since I'm such a fanboy I'm just glad to see the character do what they do.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 05:26:11 PM

The new season feels pretty forced but since I'm such a fanboy I'm just glad to see the character do what they do.

You still remind me of Joe when you post.

Anyway, I agree. It feels like they're really forcing the episodes, but I'm getting the same feel that I did during the first few seasons.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 02:34:53 PM

Anyway, I agree. It feels like they're really forcing the episodes, but I'm getting the same feel that I did during the first few seasons.

Why do I remind you of Joe, and who is he?

It's too bad Cox's rants aren't as funny as they used to be, Janitor is still pretty funny tho.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 04:11:13 PM

The avatar is the spittin' image. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 04:21:45 PM

Yeah when I first saw it I wondered why Joe was back and I still get that weird moment every time I see it.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
schild
Administrator

Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 04:23:29 PM

Why do I remind you of Joe, and who is he?

It's too bad Cox's rants aren't as funny as they used to be, Janitor is still pretty funny tho.

Your avatar:

Joe's avatar:

His was actually the exact same as yours (except like 3 frames earlier in the clip, which is even more bizarre), I just can't find the non New Years version.

Joe is the ex-Waterthread owner/ex-f13 admin/founder.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 02:25:29 AM

Oh right, I suppose our avatars are pretty similar  awesome, for real
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 06:22:07 AM

"Maybe I really wasn't in the Fugitive."
That really got me too, it was so perfect.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 06, 2009, 05:21:35 PM

Really, really great finale.  Even got a bit teary eyed in the last 5 minutes.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 07:38:31 AM

It didn't do anything for me.  It was the kind of thing Seinfeld was trying to avoid.

"Me am play gods"
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 03:00:49 PM

I thought they wrapped it up nicely. Nice end to a great show that has given me much enjoyment over the years.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 08, 2009, 11:49:35 AM

I thought the end was good, and they did a great job on it. The episode before the ending was absolutely amazing though, easily one of my favorite episodes.

Dr Cox's failed standing back flip  awesome, for real
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 18, 2009, 06:57:30 AM

I thought they wrapped it up nicely. Nice end to a great show that has given me much enjoyment over the years.

It's not dead yet!  Apparently ABC is going to try to squeeze every last bit of life out of this show.

Over and out.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 18, 2009, 07:43:10 AM

That is sadder than the actual finale. They've got it gone on a nice note, it's buried don't go digging it up to force it turn a few cheap tricks.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 01:39:36 PM

I felt really sad after the last episode, I'm really gonna miss Scrubs  Heartbreak
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 03:29:47 PM

I thought the ending was great.  I'm pretty torn about the show coming back and missing some cast members.  But if Bill Lawrence is doing it, it still might be good.
Dion
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 03:33:28 AM

I thought the ending was great.  I'm pretty torn about the show coming back and missing some cast members.  But if Bill Lawrence is doing it, it still might be good.

I don't want them to do that, kind of ruins the ending  swamp poop
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 09:06:49 PM

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 15, 2009, 11:03:07 PM

If they can keep the same writing and basic style of Scrubs, i don't see it being horrible.  It will definitely be different watching it though.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 03:39:23 AM

Wait, what?  I thought they were going to be teaching at a med school and Turk and Cox were going to be the leads.  JD is still around?  But I did hear that he is only in the first few episodes.  I'm also gld they are keeping that tough blonde doc; she is funny and sexy as hell.

Who cares if Carla and Janitor are gone, will miss Elliott though, yummy.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 16, 2009, 07:12:03 AM

mmh, hmm.

Really not sure whether this is a good thing or a tiresome thing.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 16, 2009, 10:30:04 AM

I pretty much lost interest after season 4.  Seems a good call. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 16, 2009, 01:39:47 PM

Sarah Chalke seems to get hotter with each new season. The finale had her at the best I've ever seen her.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 01, 2009, 06:57:41 PM

OK.

That sucked.   Calling the over/under for cancellation at 7 episodes.  Only reason I give it that many is because they showed 2 tonight.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 02, 2009, 03:40:12 AM

It was a little weird but I enjoyed it.  Had some good laughs.  Lots of blonde hot doctors and students yes?  Not enough Turk though.  

I'm glad they kept the tough blonde doc.  I think "No. 1" looks like a younger Dr. Cox.  It was kinda weird.  I wonder why ABC insists on burning through Scrubs episodes?  And why did they wait until after sweeps?  Still, I'm glad it's on Tuesday, finally something to watch that night.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:22:58 AM by Tannhauser »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #62 on: December 03, 2009, 12:14:17 AM

I caught this on Hulu and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 05:22:21 AM

What the fuck?

Did I miss like 3 seasons?  JD married the blonde and their pregnant?  Didn't he already try that?
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #64 on: December 03, 2009, 07:10:25 AM

I only made it through the first episode, unless someone reports this gets good my final memory of Scrubs will happen at Sacred Heart.

And they're not fucking teaching.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #65 on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:23 AM

What the fuck?

Did I miss like 3 seasons?  JD married the blonde and their pregnant?  Didn't he already try that?

Ha, I had the same thought.  But I'm pretty sure I did miss 3 seasons or so.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 03, 2009, 09:17:41 AM

The highlight of both episodes was seeing Sarah Chalke's pregnancy enhanced bewbs.  They've made JD a complete caricature of himself, totally demasculinized Turk, the Janitor is gone, no Ted, no Carla, no Jordan.  Cox is just about the only bright spot in the show.

Well, him and the smoking hot Australian intern.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 03, 2009, 12:52:49 PM

Colbert actually had a good rip on scrubs in his show last night and I agree with the sentiment. Clerks already ended, they had a good finale and even showed the cast members with behind the scenes footage. I did like the show a lot but blatant money grabs like this make me lose respect for the show and the actors involved.  It's sad to see that they couldn't get jobs outside scrubs but seriously, just let it go.

late edit but i just realized i called scrubs clerks, how freudian.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:39:50 AM by Lakov_Sanite »

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 08, 2009, 05:34:00 AM

The first two episodes were better than I thought they would be, but that's still nowhere near as good as the old stuff. I'm dealing with it by trying to frame it as not-scrubs, rather a new show. It's watchable, but I doubt I'll be waiting to catch it each week, and will rather just burn through 2-3 episodes now and again; assuming it survives.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Scrubs  
Jump to: