Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Scrubs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scrubs  (Read 16041 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

on: January 07, 2009, 08:49:32 PM

Seasons 1-4:  Really good.
Seasons 5-7:  Not all that.

Season openers:  More in the vein of season 1-4.  Much much better.

Sarah Chalke is still smoking hot.

Discuss.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:53:48 PM

Always enjoyed the show. She is fuckin' SEXAY.

Good for 20 minutes of time killin on DVR for sure. I only saw the earlier seasons though so.......

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:00:37 PM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 04:13:18 AM

I made this one for you:

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 04:22:56 AM

And another:

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 04:33:34 AM

I made this one for you:

It's steeaaaaak night....
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 09:29:38 AM

Scrubs = most accurate representation of hospital life on tv.  Period. 

I loved the first three seasons.  When they became attendings, I lost all interest. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:35:57 AM

I have a huge crush on Zach Braff, who somewhat resembles my sexah husband.

One of my favorite Scrubs moments was when Turk sang the Sanford and Sons theme with different words at Carla.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 09:38:48 AM

This is still one of my favorite shows. Yes the quality has gone down a bit, but it's still great. Now does that mean everything else on TV sucks or that the show was just that good to a point where even losing some quality it was still great?

Don Faison (Turk) is way too talented
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiUmLHKY890

And yeah, Sarah Chalke is a fucking hottie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OMGA_h_jcc
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 09:42:17 AM

One of my favorite Scrubs moments was when Turk sang the Sanford and Sons theme with different words at Carla.

That was an awesome bit.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 09:54:57 AM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 10:36:04 AM

One day I'll make a post that walks people through making animated gifs.  It literally takes 5 minutes.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 10:38:38 AM

What do you use to make them, ooki?  I've got an old copy of Jasc Animation Shop I use but you seem to be implying there's an easier way.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 10:47:55 AM

I use this thing called AVD Video Processor that works pretty well.  The hardest part is always finding a video file to use as the source (i.e. torrenting it or ripping the DVD to a useful format).

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 11:32:08 AM

One day I'll make a post that walks people through making animated gifs.  It literally takes 5 minutes.

Do it.  You'll either be awestruck or regret it eternally.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 07:07:37 AM

Problem with this series (which I love) is that it hit its formula and stuck to it.

My favourite episodes are the ones that remind us that JD is one of the more screwed up characters in the series. That, and the Todd being hung by his underpants several storeys up.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 07:48:34 AM

My favourite episodes are the ones that remind us that JD is one of the more screwed up characters in the series. That, and the Todd being hung by his underpants several storeys up.

I liked the series up to and including Season 5. My problem was that somehow by the middle of Season 5 the writers seemed to hate the character of JD and turned him from an odd but loveable geek into a completely emasculated jerk that got punched in the crotch each and every week by the things the writers came up with.

Hint: It's bad screwing with the main character in such a way, especially if people strongly identify with him.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 05:49:04 PM

My issue with JD is not that he gets hit in the crotch, it's that he keeps letting himself get hit in the crotch.

Series 8 would be a nice wind-up.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 06:39:41 PM

My issue with JD is not that he gets hit in the crotch, it's that he keeps letting himself get hit in the crotch.

Series 8 would be a nice wind-up.

I agree this should be a nice season to end the show. This does bring in the possible spin-off though that has already shown a few web-isodes, those being of the current interns. Anyone watch any of those yet? I saw the first one, and it wasn't bad. It had some aspects that made me like the show in the first place. Some of which were too close to just being the first season and almost direct copy, others seem like good twists and just different enough to be entertaining. It was enough to make me want to watch another web-isode or two
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 06:02:06 AM

Scrubs has the best music selection of any TV series, ever.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 06:53:17 AM

That episode with Colin Hay singing an acoustic version of 'Overkill' immediately springs to mind.

Over and out.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 07:05:09 AM

That episode with Colin Hay singing.....

That sums up about half the soundtrack 

Although, yeah, the season opener or closer (I forgot which it was, was around an open/close of a season) with him singing Overkill was great. Especially with Cox breaking the guitar against the wall  Thumbs up!

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 10:01:21 AM

That episode with Colin Hay singing.....

That sums up about half the soundtrack 

Although, yeah, the season opener or closer (I forgot which it was, was around an open/close of a season) with him singing Overkill was great. Especially with Cox breaking the guitar against the wall  Thumbs up!

"I have other songs".
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 11:09:33 AM

Watched the first three episodes of this season. That was enough for me to know that I just don't like the show much anymore. I have serious nostalgia for the first couple of seasons, but it's just not that show anymore. Took it off the DVR.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 11:23:02 AM

The new season is strange and unfunny. The new episodes have given me a couple of chuckles at most.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 09:51:29 PM

Negative. Life On Mars (UK) > all.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 09:52:39 PM

Watched the first three episodes of this season. That was enough for me to know that I just don't like the show much anymore. I have serious nostalgia for the first couple of seasons, but it's just not that show anymore. Took it off the DVR.

There's only about 13 episodes to watch. One major character leaving is probably worth watching through.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 12:39:04 PM

Negative. Life On Mars (UK) > all.

Yes.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 05:33:49 AM

I don't know, Scrubs is still good, still the best sitcom out there IMO.  They seem to be burning thru the episodes though, showing two at a time.  Still I wouldn't mind if this is the last season, end while the quality is still good.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 05:44:26 AM

I quite liked it up until I think partway through the 4th season where JD started sleeping with the ebil lawyer who was suing Turk for malpractice, and totally lacked all balls. The shitty combo there turned me off the series and I haven't watched since...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 03:02:10 PM

The new season is strange and unfunny. The new episodes have given me a couple of chuckles at most.

I'm trying to figure out if they're trying to be funny, or taking the show in a more thoughtful and reflective direction, lining it up for a conclusion.

Also, the Janitor is probably the most consistently awesome character.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 03:40:41 PM

I'm trying to figure out if they're trying to be funny, or taking the show in a more thoughtful and reflective direction, lining it up for a conclusion.

Also, the Janitor is probably the most consistently awesome character.

Janitor is fucking amazing. It's weird to see him in other things now, and just funny as hell to see him in The Fugitive now.

Oddly enough, I think his best bit is in season 8. I couldn't stop laughing at this
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 31, 2009, 05:49:03 PM

Heart Janitor.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 08:41:21 PM

This has easily been the best season since the first two.  The impersonation skit episode from the other day was hilarious.

"We can go flatter!"
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 04:18:54 AM

Also Eliza Coupe is both smoking hot, and one of the most interesting new characters on the show in years.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Scrubs  
Jump to: