Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:02:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: [TF2] Scout Update 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TF2] Scout Update  (Read 38928 times)
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #140 on: April 03, 2009, 06:57:55 AM

It's been a couple of weeks since we posted, so we thought it'd be good to do some housekeeping. The next class pack will focus on the Sniper. It's actually shaping up to be the largest TF2 update yet, with multiple new maps and a bunch of gameplay tweaks. In addition, we've got another update in the works that should be done before the Sniper, and that one will include some new content for all classes.

The XBox 360 update is still being worked on. If you're wondering what's taking so long, since the content is "done" on the PC already, it's mostly been around fitting it all onto the XBox. The original version of TF2 in the Orange Box was very close to the XBox's memory limit, and all the additional TF2 content we've produced has pushed well beyond it. We've found a couple of nifty ways to get back a bunch of that memory, but it's turned out to be a lot of work, and that's what most of our time is being spent on. In the meantime, we're going to get a code update out to address the server cheating that's going on.

Like many other folks online, the TF2 team has been loving the Top 10 TF2 Plays of the Week videos that Push Gaming has been doing. If you haven't seen them yet, you can catch week 1, and week 2. We're hoping for a third one soon, but we can't really complain. If we were doing them ourselves, you'd probably see the third one sometime next year. While waiting though, you can check out the exploits of some of the Sniper's countrymen in the second frag video of Aussie clan Mad Dogz.

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2394

SNIPER NEXT!

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:41 AM

SNIPER NEXT!

I'm a little baffled by this choice to be honest.  I play sniper quite a bit, and I really don't think it needs to have a high priority for changes.  I mean, I know they don't make the add ons just as "buffs" but they do try to make the classes more appealing when they are underplayed, or viable when the are not useful it certain situations.

As it stands, snipers fill their role nicely, are useful on pretty much every valve-made map, can be used on offense or defense.  I'd much rather see Engineer or Spy next, to be honest, as I think they need the most work.  Sure, they did recently receive a little patch that made them slightly more viable, but Engineers and Spies have suffered the most from the evolution of the game, as the community has become increasingly good at countering them as they've become more experienced.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #142 on: April 03, 2009, 11:32:28 AM

As it stands, snipers fill their role nicely, are useful on pretty much every valve-made map, can be used on offense or defense.  I'd much rather see Engineer or Spy next, to be honest, as I think they need the most work.  Sure, they did recently receive a little patch that made them slightly more viable, but Engineers and Spies have suffered the most from the evolution of the game, as the community has become increasingly good at countering them as they've become more experienced.

If I were them I'd be holding off on further Spy/Engy tweaks until everyone's gotten used to their most recent buffs.  Spy is very different with the cloaking change, and Engy has gotten much more viable on offense with the upgradeable teleports.

We should start a new thread for speculating on the sniper changes.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: [TF2] Scout Update  
Jump to: