Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:54:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Drakensang: The Dark Eye 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drakensang: The Dark Eye  (Read 36103 times)
GenVec
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 08:36:25 PM

This one jumped out at me right off the bat.

Though the more I play it, the more I like the combat system.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:47:10 PM by GenVec »
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 09:05:45 PM

The 'movement divorced from camera' thing is odd, I keep having to swirl the camera around to keep my toon on screen. Movement seems very clunky, to the point I haven't played it enough to get to combat yet.

I'm generally not liking the interface. At all.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 03, 2009, 04:22:06 AM

gotta agree with rattran, I think the camera behavior are really odd. Also I don't know if I should play it a la BG, or FPS or both. Anyway to always have my buddies follow me instead of having to hit select all everytime I move? Storywise, it looks like it could have some potential tho.

Also, you can play a PIRATE!!! how isn't that the most awesome class of all the RPG.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 03, 2009, 09:00:24 AM

Heart

Bruce Campbell waved at me and a friend, once, when he recognized us from the previous day as cosplayers.  (Yes, I know I say that every time he comes up.  It's Bruce Campbell.  Deal.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 03, 2009, 01:23:40 PM

From all I heard of him he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: March 03, 2009, 01:24:18 PM

I bet it was Bill Murray in disguise. He's tricksy.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 02:56:23 AM

I love dressing up my guys. And getting that Iranian Assassin was nice. I like the character customization as well on the stat side. Here's Jost, NPC Battle Mage that you get to rescue late game. I thought I had no use for him with the caster slot taken by the elf and 2 front line tanks with me as the rogue, but I decided to experiment by teaching him 2 handed sword and slapping on leather armor for protection.

before

Haven't fought yet, but he looks mighty shiny with the self buffs on.  awesome, for real

AFTER

AWE! He could be the son of god!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:59:41 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
GenVec
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 08:23:30 AM

Here's Jost, NPC Battle Mage that you get to rescue late game.

I thought that was "late game" as well, until I finished part three of the Dragon Quest and it ended up just being the prologue. This thing really does go on forever.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 08:32:46 AM

Is there an editor with this game?  Or some console commands?  Can I cheat?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 12:04:50 PM

Is there an editor with this game?  Or some console commands?  Can I cheat?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Vex's link provides an editor that lets you do pretty much whatever to a save file.  Here are direct links for xp (tested fine on xp x64) and vista (untested).  Reminds me of editing Diablo.

I gave my warrior guy a bunch of adventure/upgrade points, money, and a fireball spell (and seemingly turned him into a magic user).  Loaded up my new save and all changes occurred.  I could spend the points to upgrade my guy, I had a new blue energy bar, I found my fireball spell and upgraded my Astral Energy to use it but I couldn't fire it off.

I don't like cheating in games because I lose all interest in continuing on, but I hate locked boxes even more.  When I find a locked box in real life I scream and punch myself.  In game, I find it frustrating to leave a box behind because my lockpicking sucks.  I'm going to alleviate my pain by maxing out lockpicking with this editor and then stop before I get creative.

Well, I will also increase my run speed.

And I would like to up any carrying capacity limits that may exist.

And testing out spells would be nice oh god can't stop  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 01:23:34 PM

Yes, I only use necessary cheats, too.  Well, at least until my interest in the game starts to diminish naturally and I realise that unless I become a God, I'll never finish.  Then I cheat like mad to wrap it up.  Sometimes even then I don't last.  Anyway, thanks for the tip.  It was Schild comment about run speed that made me want to know this before I bought the game.  I have a real problem with really slow running.  Even the appearance of really slow running bothers me sometimes.  Oh and those locked boxes really can be annoying, especially if you have to run back to them really, really slow.  If there is a carrying capacity, it is NEVER enough.  I don't consider any of that to be cheating!   Ohhhhh, I see.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 01:49:48 PM

From all I heard of him he seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

He is. I've only met him once, at a book signing and I came away from it more happy with him than before I met him. He entertained the crowd and took the time to make small talk with each person as he signed their book. You basically sat in a chair next to his table and he'd talk to you briefly.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 02:06:13 PM

He was great at the anime convention.  Didn't know a thing about anime, but had fun with it all and gave everyone the same feeling as Riggs.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: March 05, 2009, 03:53:00 PM

Here's Jost, NPC Battle Mage that you get to rescue late game.

I thought that was "late game" as well, until I finished part three of the Dragon Quest and it ended up just being the prologue. This thing really does go on forever.

swamp poop oh dear.  awesome, for real

found easter egg , purchase the rock goblin from the ducal citadel merchant, otto.

aloha shirt and fake beard.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:39:26 PM by rk47 »

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 01:00:32 AM

Fake beards? Now I've got to get it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 10:43:59 AM

Wow. That's exactly what I wanted to say. How did they know that? Seriously? You germans are the FUNNAY!  awesome, for real
And there's no other dialogue option either!

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #51 on: March 09, 2009, 06:28:15 PM

Now available on Steam for the same as retail. Wish they'd mentioned that it was going to be available before I bought it at retail, I hate having to have a cd in the drive to play a game.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 05:02:43 AM

Is it because you feel sorry for the CD?

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 05:04:54 AM

Just crack it. Stop being a bitch.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 11, 2009, 02:52:33 PM

Having beat it, I'd say that while the game seems to start out incredibly hard, it becomes pretty easy once you figure out the system, and what works and doesn't work. Unfortunately, the manual isn't much help. Here's some random tips and explanations that I wish I'd known at the start. Nothing in it should be too spoilery.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 11, 2009, 05:18:13 PM

Summoning is really great with multiple options but I"m not sure what the Shadow does.
Summoned Genie can cast spells and do special attacks, pretty decent at high level. I think it's random, sometimes you get a caster, sometimes you get a melee genie. Fire elemental is the most worthwhile summon, it might not last as long as the others, but the ability to burn from attacking and being attacked is huge. The first half of the game turns easy when you just abuse fire guy over and over as an Elementalist, who gets the spell at level 1. Summoned bears can knockdown too i think and has the highest HP, so just alternate between your elf and your elementalist summons as needed.

Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 12, 2009, 12:03:17 AM

I did not bother to play too long this game, it does look really good but I could not chose a class.
Any advice on which class could be nice to play and not gimped?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #57 on: March 12, 2009, 09:15:37 AM

I take it you didn't click the spoiler link 2 posts above yours.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: March 12, 2009, 10:23:29 AM

I did not bother to play too long this game, it does look really good but I could not chose a class.

melee:
dwarf: pure hp and str, low dex and agility. Plays like a rock. You can't dodge, but you can take hits. Merc is the best choice.
human: balanced but still no magic, can unlock more special skills without pumping main stats. Warrior if you want single hand, Soldier if you want two handed.
elf: starts a little weak, but blooms mid game with supporting magic, just make sure you're wearing leather. Very versatile with Bow & Spear + cast self heals.

magic:
Elf: doesn't have access to other summons except for animal. Damage spell limited to Thundershock, if you want to play spellweaver, I suggest pumping bow skill as regular damage output and use support magic to help your party. Hawkeye & Cold Blooded Warrior are great midgame self-buffs.
Human: Mixed bag. Elementalist starter spell is good but he lacks physical stats. Battlemage extra willpower increase survivability with decent starting stat and Metamage is simply Battlemage minus the willpower but higher magic resistance.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 12, 2009, 10:27:03 AM

I liked my Dwarven Sapper. I hate it when I can't open locked chests, and the sapper gives me the ability to pick locks without being made of paper.

Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 13, 2009, 01:01:12 AM

melee:
dwarf: pure hp and str, low dex and agility. Plays like a rock. You can't dodge, but you can take hits. Merc is the best choice.
human: balanced but still no magic, can unlock more special skills without pumping main stats. Warrior if you want single hand, Soldier if you want two handed.
elf: starts a little weak, but blooms mid game with supporting magic, just make sure you're wearing leather. Very versatile with Bow & Spear + cast self heals.

magic:
Elf: doesn't have access to other summons except for animal. Damage spell limited to Thundershock, if you want to play spellweaver, I suggest pumping bow skill as regular damage output and use support magic to help your party. Hawkeye & Cold Blooded Warrior are great midgame self-buffs.
Human: Mixed bag. Elementalist starter spell is good but he lacks physical stats. Battlemage extra willpower increase survivability with decent starting stat and Metamage is simply Battlemage minus the willpower but higher magic resistance.

Thanks, I think I'll go the dwarf merc route
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #61 on: June 04, 2009, 09:15:18 AM

I started as a human warrior, but the fiancee made fun of my haircut. I showed her how you couldn't change your appearance in the creation phase and she said the pirate was the best choice. So Sven Forkbeard (who is clean-shaven) it is.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #62 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:52 PM

I like my human charleton.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 04, 2009, 03:40:14 PM

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #64 on: June 04, 2009, 03:42:05 PM

Do we really want to go down this road again?
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 26, 2009, 11:14:24 AM

Now $5 on Direct2Drive along with tons of other games.  (It isn't available on the UK site sadly.)

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #66 on: September 26, 2009, 02:32:28 PM

I'd been waiting for this one to come down to a price that wouldn't make me guilty if I never got to it, but even with just a morning worth of play I feel like I've gotten my 5 bucks worth.
evan
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 26, 2009, 04:54:51 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed this game and the whole new detailed and rich rpg system to figure out. (Well new to me, anyway.) This game is competitive with any other party-based rpgs out there.

The run speed hack is an absolute must however.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #68 on: September 26, 2009, 05:29:30 PM

The run speed hack is an absolute must however.
Yeah the Steve Austin slo-mo run is getting to me a bit. Is this the editor y'all used to change the speed? http://drakensang.sourceforge.net/
evan
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 27, 2009, 12:43:38 AM

I have two programs in my Drakensang folder from March:
Drakensang Editor 0.9 Beta
and,
Drakensang Savegame Editor 1.3 (the same program you link to, only an earlier version)

One or both of these will allow you to edit the run speed (don't remember which, sorry). If I remember right, you need to do it for every character in your party or the slow ones will lag far behind. Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Drakensang: The Dark Eye  
Jump to: