Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: If you left WAR... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you left WAR...  (Read 32891 times)
Beltaine
Terracotta Army

on: December 12, 2008, 08:33:26 AM

where did (will) you go?

Trying to decide if I should cut and run to something else.

Don't really want to go back to WoW or EVE though.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:56:37 AM

WoW, started from scratch on a medium/high pop server, totally different experience (was on Anub'arak which is such a shitty server).

edit: Well totally different is wrong. It's a better experience not waiting in LFG for hours on the low pop server.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:59:51 AM by fuser »
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 09:01:01 AM

I read this and decided to try LOTRO, there's info about free trails here.

Seems a bit easier to get a statue, there's a Yule festival event going on at the moment as well.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:34 AM

Went back to CoH.  Will probably play it until I get bored, then go back to DAoC for a month, and then quit MMO's for a few years. 

Time to get outdoors more. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 09:12:39 AM

Im still giving WAR a shot and will play until I stop having fun.  If I did leave, WOW would not be an option for me so Id probably go back to AOC and see how things are there.  My next new game though will be SGW online which comes out in Q1 2009 supposedly. 
Beltaine
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:14:33 AM

I just talked to an guild buddy in WoW, and ordered the expansion.

I may change my mind before it gets here, but right now it looks like I'll be dinking around in WoW some more.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:17:50 AM

Nowwhere. Back to single-player games and am betaing a football(soccer) MMO.

Jesper
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 09:24:06 AM

betaing a football(soccer) MMO.
O_O how does something like this work:D?

On topic: single player games too, with steam games (l4d, tf2) and mainly DotA. Waiting for D3 now (it will totally destroy my social life. I think they spread cocaine through the cable when you play that damned game).
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 09:30:22 AM

No MMO currently.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:04 AM

betaing a football(soccer) MMO.
O_O how does something like this work:D?

http://footballsuperstars.com/

I think I'm  NDA so can't tell you how well it works. But you play one player on the pitch. 3-a-side, 5-a-side, 7-a-side and up to 11-a-side.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 09:58:27 AM

Playing a mixture of Guild Wars, FusionFall, DOMO, and MegaTen where I'm further distracting myself by making a database for fusions and demon info.  It's kinda cool, but it needs some serious optimizing.

We also bought a 90 day EQ2 play pass at Gamestop for $20.  I wanted to save it for a rainy day, but the roomie's gaming ADD wants us to play it now.  Half-price had CoX's Good and Evil edition for $10, so I was considering a month of that, but the free weekend didn't draw me at all so I'm thinking it'll be a waste.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 10:00:34 AM

where did (will) you go?

Trying to decide if I should cut and run to something else.

Don't really want to go back to WoW or EVE though.

Went back to WoW.  I really like the DK.  Playing through the expansion (and even TBC again) has shown me how ridiculously bad WAR's PVE was.  Bad enough that I'km not sure why you'd even have it in the game.  It's an embarassment.

Only think I'll miss in the PVP balance in scenarios.  By the time I get back to doing BGs in WoW, players will be running around with 800+ resilience and 30K hp.

-Rasix
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 10:14:08 AM

WoW, but still training all my Eve accounts...
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 10:35:11 AM

Went back to lord of the rings.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 10:51:38 AM

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 10:54:17 AM

WoW (and perhaps some CoH and EQ1) and teaching myself Python. Having fun with turtle graphics.  Grin

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 11:33:55 AM

I went back to WOW.

I'd like to try LOTRO again just to play with the new classes, but that game's playerbase is way too fruity for me.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 11:38:15 AM

Lich King is the best MMO expansion I've ever played, I think. I'm not sure WAR wasn't doomed due to timing even if it wasn't structurally broken.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 11:38:19 AM

I went back to LOTRO and the PVE there is much, much better than WAR's and feels better than it did at launch. (Much more content, which helps alot).

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 11:54:20 AM

LOTRO.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 12:05:31 PM

I have no MMO.
EvE - hate moving shit around
LotRO - too slow, pvp is crap, I hate Turbine
WoW - not yet, maybe later since they seem to be moving away from raids
SB - post-traumatic stress.
EQ2 - moving to RMT + sub
DDO - Kinda want to but it looks dead, still hate Turbine.
AoC - still waiting for them to get their shit together.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:35:44 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 12:06:40 PM

I was weak... and after 10 months of no WoW, I bought Wotlk. After lots of downloads and patches I finally logged in. It took all of about 3 minutes of Orgrimmer chat spam to feel Get off my lawn!

So how has my Wotlk experience been, any new and exciting things?!?  I got to drive a tank, and that was cool.  But the best part was when I met a guy who wanted me to collect 10 of something and bring them back to him, and the time I met another guy who wanted me to kill 8 of something for him, oh and a guy who wanted me to free 5 of something for him.

Have yet to check out the new pvp zones/instances... but so far it is a snoozefest
speaking of which a snoozefest emoticon would be nice, I will just toss in this  Hello Kitty cause it is cute, and i like cats.

The drunk Aussies and Kiwis in vent are highly entertaining though, so that helps make up for things I suppose.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:08:41 PM by Fraeg »

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 12:14:51 PM

That was how I felt about WOTLK.  Got to the new area and first quest I got was kill X number of some mob. Anyhow, got bored of same old same old after an hour and havent logged back on since. 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 12:32:34 PM

LotRO -  I hate Turbine

You have a sickness. Why would you hate turbine?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 12:45:39 PM

AC2 made me feel incredibly cheated.
When I went to buy LotRO during their anniversary sell, the fucking site didn't work.

"Me am play gods"
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 12:47:09 PM

Restarted WoW from scratch after having not played since the 3rd month after release.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 12:48:02 PM

AC2 made me feel incredibly cheated.
When I went to buy LotRO during their anniversary sell, the fucking site didn't work.

Oh. I can send you a buddy key? lol. I can't for the life of me think of any of my dealings with turbine as leading to hate. I was expecting to hear a story form ya.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 12:53:07 PM

I played the free trial back in June, lasted maybe 10 hours.  How is the buddy key different? Moria doesn't change anything for new players right?

"Me am play gods"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 12:56:57 PM

I played the free trial back in June, lasted maybe 10 hours.  How is the buddy key different? Moria doesn't change anything for new players right?

Yes, it does, go check out the graveyard. Don't want to derail this much more than we have already. Turbine, unlike others, Expands their games, not just tops it off.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:59:52 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 01:10:26 PM

I was weak... and after 10 months of no WoW, I bought Wotlk. (snip...)

Have yet to check out the new pvp zones/instances... but so far it is a snoozefest

If you're there already, might want to roll a Death Knight.  They've got a bunch of "Kill six feebs" quests, but overall, their quest line is among the most fun I've had in a PvE MMO, and it's fairly quick.  Gets pretty awesome at the end, in my opinion ('course, then it's back to Outland for the next ten levels).

Personally, I'm playing both WoW and WAR right now.  If WAR can get it's act together, awesome, I think it's got more potential than WoW does at this point, but they seem slow to capitalize on it.
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 01:56:49 PM

WoW Lich King
I took one of my 70s to 72 in WoW, got bored and stopped playing it again. The chat channel also reminded me why I don't play it anymore. When I saw 65 (yes, 65) people in BRS to get a "Jenkins" title I logged.

LOTRO Moria
I have LOTRO MoM and think I will try it. I always liked the game at launch, just got bored at the cap with nothing much to do. I understand there is more content for maxed people now (and MoM is all new to me anyway).

DAoC Origins
I would play this for sure, but we all know why it won't even happen due to WAR. But if it did I'd be there just for once around the old golf course...

Darkfall
My head tells me vapor, my heart says wait and see. If they do most of what they claim they can, it might be worthwhile to try it. No baby catapults is a good sign.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:58:32 PM by Redgiant »

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
hammurabi
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 01:59:25 PM

Although I haven't played WAR since mid-2008's beta period, I've recently gone back to WOW, and it's been especially great with the Recruit-A-Friend XP boost.  It's been since 3 Halloweens ago that I last played.  49 levels in 31 hours /played is a breakneck pace compared to the old WOW, which was then quite fast compared to DAOC and AC2.  I'm having enough fun to seriously consider purchasing WotLK.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 02:19:29 PM

I went back to WoW. My god what a difference from WAR. The game just feels so smooth and polished. In WotLK they did a lot of things right, but its still WoW. If you enjoyed WoW, but got bored of it, give WotLK a try as its more of the same, but better and with some really cool new features. If you hated WoW gameplay, this expansion wont change your mind.

I am completely enjoying it. I feel that the leveling up experience is about 100 times more polished than BC was.

*Edit* Forgot to mention, I play on Tich, which is a very very active server. Which I really like. I would much rather have to wait for quests mobs and fight other people than play on a dead server in "singleplayer" mode. If I wanted that I would play a singleplayer game.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 02:24:27 PM

Didn't really go "back" to WoW, as I never really left, but that's what I'm playing now. I've been thinking of giving LotRO another whirl after the holidays. I really like that game ... except for the combat. :(

God Save the Horn Players
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 02:25:48 PM

WoTLK: Deathknight is fun as is SL/Dest build Warlock. Shelved my enhancement shaman - Blizzard "Mythic'd" the class (verb "to mythic" to take something with all the potential in the world and rip the soul from it. See: "fun nazi"). Deathknight quests were very nice, the rest is a bit meh but at least it doesn't have a T3 grind.

Also back to GW for a bit, but it's past its use-by date.

Other than that I tried the Real Life MMO. Graphics need a bit of an update though and the grind is a bit of a shocker.

Holding out for GW2, D3 and SC2 and burning money on restoring my '64 Holden.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: If you left WAR...  
Jump to: