Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: This game is not WoW and people still seem to rather like it. Am I wrong? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This game is not WoW and people still seem to rather like it. Am I wrong?  (Read 42663 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #140 on: February 17, 2009, 07:58:32 AM

I went ahead and installed and signed up on the 10-day trial. I tried to get on Brandywine and was able to connect all of once before having to restart because I reset my graphics to high-res. From then on, I couldn't connect to Brandwine. Is the server just queued to hell and back?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #141 on: February 17, 2009, 07:59:49 AM

I went ahead and installed and signed up on the 10-day trial. I tried to get on Brandywine and was able to connect all of once before having to restart because I reset my graphics to high-res. From then on, I couldn't connect to Brandwine. Is the server just queued to hell and back?

They may be doing something with the authentication servers - I couldnt get in this morning.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: February 17, 2009, 08:12:04 AM

Is the server just queued to hell and back?

Yes, to be short.

There have been cues for the past couple of days, and for some, a (Error 5000) or some such number. Its OK, just try again, you will get on, yes they are aware, and no its not typical.

Me thinks its this symptom of trial, the Xfire marketing, and a huge amount of word of mouth currently surrounding the game, and everyone looking for "Populated" servers, Brandywhine being the highest population.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 17, 2009, 08:38:49 AM

I ordered the expansion from Best Buy and it has been backordered for about 3 weeks now.  I'd say that the game is seeing a resurgence. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 17, 2009, 08:43:27 AM

I had the cue problem on the weekend, never seen it before.  Brandywine is definitely more populated then say Silverlode server.  Amazing difference.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: February 17, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

It's a solid, well polished product, that delivers just as much content as WoW does without the requirements for large groups and the crazy gear grind, so it appeals to people who are looking for something other than WoW.  I might pick this up again when I scratch the WoW itch I've been feeling.

UnwashedMasses
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 17, 2009, 09:24:38 AM

I play on Silverlode (51 Burg) and it has been quiet.

Just getting into Moria area now.  For any headed that way, do all of the Moria-gate "Expedition" quests before finishing Vol II Book 1 epic.  It's worth it.  If you like Balrogs.  Which I do.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #147 on: February 17, 2009, 10:04:19 AM

What level do you have to be before the Moria stuff becomes accessible?

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:51 AM

What level do you have to be before the Moria stuff becomes accessible?

50, I think. (I was already 50 when Moria was released, so I can't be sure.)

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:34 AM

Depends. The two classes and crafting guilds are available from the start, of course. Moria itself can be accessed at 45 or so, but it'll probably be too hard well inside.

My suggestion would be to hit 45, go do Volume 2 Book 1 to get the legendary, then go back and grind the last four or five levels in Forochel and Angmar. That way your legendary weapon will be on its way once you return to Moria.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
UnwashedMasses
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: February 21, 2009, 09:32:29 PM

Since I'm rooted, I may as well spam screenies.  Anyways, don't skip the expedition quests to do Volume II Book 1.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: This game is not WoW and people still seem to rather like it. Am I wrong?  
Jump to: