Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:24:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patch 1.1 Test notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.1 Test notes  (Read 26982 times)
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 05, 2008, 03:11:47 AM

I only know of one server, Volkmar, that Order actually does well in T4 on consistently. Everything else is either Destro controlled to the hilt or Destro favored for swapping things back and forth (meaning in the end it's always Destro claimed).

They will eventually have to deal with the fact that Destruction outnumbers Order nearly everywhere. Since I have seen some test screenshots with Hammerers and not Slayers (on the VN can't verify since I dont have an active account) I would say that would seal the deal for Order. They need a 'neat' and highly recognizable class like the Slayer.

Ah well.

I bet the "very rare" items are going to deal with getting a certain amount of RP within a time limit like a week. Which will encourage the quick keep takes, quick BO takes, and more 6v6.
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 05, 2008, 03:31:48 AM

On another note, is there anyone else around, that like me, thinks that Blizzard implement keep sieges/defense (in wintergrasp/Strands of the Ancients) in a much better way than Mythic did?

Basically now my friends tell me this:
"Dude, you should try out WOTLK, Wintersgrap is amazing, its like everything you were hoping WAR would be."

I'll pass on both though I really don't wanna revisit WoW.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #72 on: December 05, 2008, 03:32:31 AM

nonsense.
don't claim things that you haven't seen yet.
casuals are renown 31 required.
hardcore items are renown 38 required to equip.

Both are unlocked at the same influence stages. Each zone gives different pieces.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:02 AM

That's why it said "I bet" it said nothing about "I know"...

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #74 on: December 05, 2008, 04:40:57 AM

casuals are renown 31 required.
hardcore items are renown 38 required to equip.

Both are unlocked at the same influence stages. Each zone gives different pieces.

So if you are rr38 you can grab two items, or do you mean there's a RR31 zone and RR38 zone?  If it's just one zone what happens if you take the RR31 item and then want to upgrade later on, do you need to grind the influence twice? 

Their patch notes are terrible, why even bother using the words hardcore and casual if it's purely based on realm rank, all the casuals will reach RR38 eventually if they play long enough.  Hey, I'm hardcore at RR 38, what are current RR 65 players, super duty extreme hardcore?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #75 on: December 05, 2008, 05:40:59 AM

it's just choices. you can either grab RR 31 or RR38 item depending on how much influence.
i duno why they titled it hardcore n casuals tho. Makes no sense. nobody's going to pick the lower RR ones.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
tolakram
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 05, 2008, 06:59:30 AM

it's just choices. you can either grab RR 31 or RR38 item depending on how much influence.
i duno why they titled it hardcore n casuals tho. Makes no sense. nobody's going to pick the lower RR ones.

I looked at the rewards last night.   I don't consider myself hardcore but my renown almost always matches my level so I would always go for the higher rr item.  I suppose someone earning rvr influence by doing mostly keep raiding instead of pvp might choose the lower rr item because they'll exit the tier before reaching the required rr?  I'll have to look at the stats again, but is the lower rr item more geared for pve?
tolakram
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 05, 2008, 07:13:35 AM

1.1 and 1.0.6 patch notes update.

This was added to 1.0.6

Based on player feedback we have made some additional changes to Tier 4 Victory Point contribution. The following changes will reduce the amount of time necessary to capture a Tier 4 zone as well as place more emphasis on open field RvR:

* Battlefield Objectives and Keep contributions have been increased.
    * PvE contribution has been decreased.
    * Prior Zone control contribution has been decreased.
    * The amount of Scenario Victory Points to take a zone has been decreased.

and dungeon re-itemization and other stuff appears to have made it into 1.0.6 as well?

http://warherald.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=497

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: December 05, 2008, 08:13:40 AM

i've played beta1. That beta had a system similar to this...you had 4 bars: general, tactics, morale and renown.  Every bar had a different "checkpoint" and you needed XP for the first 3 and RPs for the last. When you reached a checkpoint, you were able to freely select an advancement from your Tier pool. The bars shared XP, simply rewards were given at different checkpoints.
*sigh*

That would have been much nicer.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Jesper
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 05, 2008, 08:17:02 AM

*sigh*

it was. Its only downside was that you weren't lured to high level in a tier (IE: level 38) because, choosing freely, you surely have alredy choose the best advancement early, at that point.

But it was indeed a much better system. It was fresh, anyway.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 05, 2008, 08:39:53 AM

*sigh*

it was. Its only downside was that you weren't lured to high level in a tier (IE: level 38) because, choosing freely, you surely have alredy choose the best advancement early, at that point.

But it was indeed a much better system. It was fresh, anyway.

That does sound awesome. The only downside I can possibly see in it is that as soon as NDA dropped you'd see guides telling you what to buy when to maximize your character so everyone would end up with a "best build of the moment" mentality. Still...awesome.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #81 on: December 05, 2008, 08:49:49 AM

That does sound awesome. The only downside I can possibly see in it is that as soon as NDA dropped you'd see guides telling you what to buy when to maximize your character so everyone would end up with a "best build of the moment" mentality.

So pretty much what already happens anyway?

That system sounds a fuckload better than the traditional tried-and-true boring leveling system they ended up with. Having regular, in-level skill choices would certainly have cut down the t3 grind some, because at least you'd be getting new things without having to level.

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #82 on: December 05, 2008, 09:32:24 AM

Another thing - On test, I was bimbling around Praag towards our Keep, to check out the defensive PQ, and I ganked a couple of destruction on the way.

Unless there is a bug, they've *massively* increased the renown you get from killing people. IIRC, both kills gave around 700 renown each.

There was a PQ at the keep, but it was something about saving the Steam Tank commander. Not sure what that was all about.

Edit: Hmm. Ok. I guess I haven't been paying attention. Ignore this.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:07:18 PM by Jherad »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:51 AM

Another thing - On test, I was bimbling around Praag towards our Keep, to check out the defensive PQ, and I ganked a couple of destruction on the way.

Unless there is a bug, they've *massively* increased the renown you get from killing people. IIRC, both kills gave around 700 renown each.

There was a PQ at the keep, but it was something about saving the Steam Tank commander. Not sure what that was all about.

700 sounds about right for solo kills, its not an increase from what it currently is.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: December 05, 2008, 10:01:40 AM

It also depends on their RR level compared to yours.
Sleep
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 05, 2008, 11:27:35 AM

Holy crap.

I used to have this album so long ago. Wow, blast from the past.

don't mean to derail the thought train here, but this requires some pumping of the devil horns.  Hulk Rock

EDIT: so did that healing nerf go through? All the shammies were in a tizzy on the alliance boards a while ago talking about drops to our HoT's.
drops to our HoT's
drops to our HoT's
When the pigs try to get at yea
Park it like it's hot
Park it like it's hot
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 11:32:00 AM by Sleep »
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 05, 2008, 11:32:04 AM

The problem with the way MMO pvp is designed is that there's no point/meaning to anything but the endgame.  That being the case, pvp in MMO's either needs to a) get rid of the grind to the endgame or b) make the trip to the endgame more meaningful without losing the fun.  May as well allow people to /level 40.  It would probably keep people from leaving as quickly as many have.

DAoC's battlegrounds were always packed. The max level was 50, but the battlegrounds ranged from 20-24, 25-29, ect. The 20-24 one was ALWAYS packed. Sure, 50 was the end game but there were many people that only played to do the battlegrounds. And even those that would do the 50 RvR would always roll up alts, spellcraft them a suit and do BGs a lot. You could turn off xp and rp gain and stay as long as you wanted to. It worked great.

So it can be done. You can make a level-based game and make PvP FUN (not necessarily MEANINGFUL to a greater good) throughout the levels. Mythic just fucked it all up with warhammer. I believe the core of the problem is that the PvP isn't fun enough to warrant people wanting to do for... FUN. People only do it at early levels for xp/renown, and the best way is in scenarios. Remove scenarios and people would do it in the RvR pools (which is what Mythic appears to want)

However, at this point, they can't remove scenarios. People are too tied to them and suck them like their mother's teet. Maybe if PvP was more enjoyable, more strategic, people wouldn't have a problem doing it for fun instead of rewards.

(oh and sleep's holy mountain is the shit)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: December 05, 2008, 12:09:00 PM

DAoC's battlegrounds were always packed. The max level was 50, but the battlegrounds ranged from 20-24, 25-29, ect. The 20-24 one was ALWAYS packed. Sure, 50 was the end game but there were many people that only played to do the battlegrounds. And even those that would do the 50 RvR would always roll up alts, spellcraft them a suit and do BGs a lot. You could turn off xp and rp gain and stay as long as you wanted to. It worked great.

Packed?  That's a stretch.  They were always active. 

The reasons that the 20-24 BG was full: 1) You could /level 20 and not have to spend time farming gear to have fun.  Even when you couldn't /level 20 on the classic servers, 1-20 was a trivial exercise.  2) Toons had limited ability trees and few if any IWIN buttons, 3) RA's played a very limited role. 

Thidranki was fun pvp with almost no barrier to entry.  Fucking amazing that no lessons were learned.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: December 05, 2008, 04:26:19 PM

After seeing Barnett's youtube video about RvR contribution, I hereby retract my snarky statements about never admitting it. And the snarky statements about it being on purpose. Letting it go unfixed for 2 months is still worthy of a "wtf".
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:05 PM

Boards are blowing up saying that the Fort sieges are going apeshit. "...no one could see 20 feet in front of them, people were disappearing and reappearing, and players couldnt even be attacked. The only things that were dealing damage were AE's."

Hell Missy even showed up on the VN boards asking what servers.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: December 08, 2008, 05:00:12 PM

tl;dr

Did they get rid of the T3 grind yet?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: December 08, 2008, 06:10:48 PM

I only know of one server, Volkmar, that Order actually does well in T4 on consistently. Everything else is either Destro controlled to the hilt or Destro favored for swapping things back and forth (meaning in the end it's always Destro claimed).

On Azazel the only reason we haven't invaded IC was because the maw kept crashing. We locked zones and had 5 Maw attempts thwarted due to server crashes, and then we'd log back on to entire zone resets. That, destruction on our server cowering in PVE zones most of the first 3 months of the game, and the ward gear grind is all adding up.  The crashes made people feel like they wasted a lot of time, destruction hiding from PVP made the server boring as hell until maybe a week ago, and the ward gear dungeons are boring to do so everyone hates them.

Azazel may very well tilt towards destruction in the coming weeks but it won't be due to population advantages, it will be because Mythic provided us with a boring PVE game, a broken RVR system, and nothing fun to do when there was no RVR to be had. Patch 1.1 will make or break the Azazel server for Order. It seems to have some good features, but everyone hates the ward system and the required PVE to get the ward gear.  Those RVR rewards are going to have to be dam good and drop ward type gear, or Order on our server will just croak within the next 3 months for sure.

I absolutely hate WoW, but at this point its tempting just to play it and say the hell with Warhammer.  Its got the population, its geared so that you can run a simple 10 man group effort, the PVE is a hell of a lot more fun, and the server clustering ensures there is always someone to fight.

Warhammer has so many problems they are too numerous to count, but patch 1.1 is going to turn things around or be a major turning point for a lot of people.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patch 1.1 Test notes  
Jump to: