Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:06:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 126728 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #385 on: May 28, 2009, 07:44:22 AM

I don't know about kin crafting now that Marween has taken a vacation.  My own crafting isn't past Artisan on anyone, thanks completely to crafting being tied to level.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: May 28, 2009, 07:53:20 AM

We had a tradition of making crited armor sets for new players (mostly marween did this with mat from others). I would like to start this up again, but i myself have limited playtime.

I know we have a lack of scholars, or rather a lack of people making pots, not that we don't have any. Things like potions, armor and weapons are things i would love to have stocked in the kin hall for all to use.

But really, play what you want.

My first order of business when leader transfers is to make more officers. So invites will not be so hard to do.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:55:26 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #387 on: May 28, 2009, 08:20:21 AM

Dwuli is a scholar and I'm willing to make things if I can get materials.  Of course, I need to level him and need materials for that as well.  Man, I have a lot to do, and I still have to get my house out of escrow.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: May 28, 2009, 08:38:35 AM

If you send me a list, or you yourself can do a kin-wide list, of materials for making potions (of varying levels, im thinking focus on moral and power) we can see if we cant get a farm going. At the very least people will be aware that if they dump in materials, they may pull out potions =)  2 birds one stone.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #389 on: May 28, 2009, 12:26:46 PM

I'm about done Master Scholar with Sigis, I'll drop off all the low-level mats I've got left.

I didn't really think about making potions as I tend not to use them. I've been mostly making dyes, giving some away, selling some.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #390 on: May 28, 2009, 12:37:52 PM

I don't use them either, but hey, apparently some do?  Me, if I am using a potion I'm probably about to die anyway.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: May 28, 2009, 12:48:01 PM

I, eat them like candy. I just figured it would be a good thing to stock in the kinhall. *shrug*

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #392 on: May 28, 2009, 02:27:47 PM

I have been told that you die a lot also. awesome, for real

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #393 on: May 28, 2009, 03:01:08 PM

He's too busy looking at the timer for his next hit of potion to pay attention to mobs!
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: May 29, 2009, 08:47:41 AM

I choose to be a Yeoman, that I may make the food.

I'll be able to give you something useful for your level... um... in a few weeks.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: June 02, 2009, 02:35:25 PM

/hijack

Say I played the game 5 months ago on a trial key. When I log into my account on the website it says I can buy the game + moria for 10 bucks and it comes with a month free. Does that mean I can play my old trial account for a month free, and get the game + moria for only 10 dollars? Or does the free month only apply to new accounts?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: June 02, 2009, 02:37:59 PM

/hijack

Say I played the game 5 months ago on a trial key. When I log into my account on the website it says I can buy the game + moria for 10 bucks and it comes with a month free. Does that mean I can play my old trial account for a month free, and get the game + moria for only 10 dollars? Or does the free month only apply to new accounts?

Log into your account. the trial. Then buy the game for 10$, done. You should get the free time.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #397 on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:41 AM

Wife and I made it to 60 last night.  Nice ding!

These are our first toons, and largely we're content complete in the game, except for Moria Lower, including several instances and East Angmar and its raid zones (along with Helgorod, Annuminas etc).

All in all, I think it was a good approach, but I'm glad things picked up.  It's not too good to be below the cap in an MMO too long.  But at least we have a lot extra traits we won't have to grind.  So, we took longer, but still satisfied.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: June 04, 2009, 09:59:09 AM

Grats!  Spinning star

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: June 07, 2009, 03:05:12 PM

Got my Brandywine character up to 20, and Master Journeyman cooking.

She died for the first time at 19 in LL, running from a swarm of goblins 1-3 levels under her. As she ran she was whittled away by DoTs. All my heals had been used, I had to sit there and watch her die. I've never managed the "didn't die by 20" trait, but this is the second character I've had die within a half level of the 20.

- Henry Cobb
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: June 07, 2009, 03:30:58 PM

got to SM Scholar a few days ago and we've started to try and

1) do the trait grind
2) Angmar
3) finish class quests

it's incredible how much stuff they have in Angmar.  And it sucks that you still need a solid group for Uru, CD or that other place (never been to the Rift).  Sad too all the work doesn't you any XP or item XP.  Still some cool things to see.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: June 07, 2009, 04:42:51 PM

Now that Soln's mentioned it, I just realized that Angmar east of the Watcher line is the only part of the landscape I've never visited.

Technically, I've only visited the fungal portions of Moria in the Durin's Bane flashback.

- Henry Cobb
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #402 on: June 11, 2009, 09:42:09 AM

Subbed.  It was either this or EQ2 again.  FR is played out.
At level 24 I have cleared North downs and Low lands of solo quests.  Is there another area?
My quest book is filling up with group quests.  I want to do them but I don't feel confident enough to put together pugs.

"Me am play gods"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: June 11, 2009, 09:43:42 AM

At level 24 I have cleared North downs and Low lands of solo quests.  Is there another area?
My quest book is filling up with group quests.  I want to do them but I don't feel confident enough to put together pugs.

We can clear some out for you this weekend. If ya want.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: June 11, 2009, 09:58:30 AM

Clearing solo quests in Lone Lands and North Downs should EASILY put you over 30 at least - must be missing some quest hubs or something? If not Evendim/Trollshaws is the next progression, but they will require you to be over 30.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: June 11, 2009, 10:52:14 AM

no one new to the game please don't take offense to this, but make an effort to group -- if only to duo.  Your leveling will at least be x1.5 faster.  And people do respond to general quest requests in GLFF since there are so many alts out there atm.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #406 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:20 PM

I get all my PUGs from LFF, I don't tread into GLFF.  Of course, I duo with my wife most of the time too and we still skip a lot of the fellowship quests like that bullshit up in Garth Agarwen.

What I did when the high-end LL mobs turned aqua is I went into Trollshaws and did some yellow/orange quests over there, worked my way to Rivendell and did pretty much all of the quests there and then went to Evendim and started on the Tinnundir hub.  I don't expect this problem to be fixed until the next pre-Moria revision is released.

EDIT to ask a silly question of tazelbain: You did all of the Ost Guruth quests and are still lv24?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:45:54 PM by Yegolev »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: June 11, 2009, 01:42:18 PM

Garth Agarwen.

Good bow drop in there for your hunter.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #408 on: June 12, 2009, 08:06:44 AM

Garth Agarwen.

Good bow drop in there for your hunter.

That's fantastic, too bad I can't dig through all of those elites.

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: June 13, 2009, 01:51:42 AM

That whole area can fuck right off.  The only thing that entire place is good for is that the external section (not the GA instance itself) is a good place to farm expert level scholar materials once everything there turns gray.  There are one or two decent rewards from some of the quests, but they are almost exclusively a result of multi-tier group quests where it would be much easier just to move on to higher level zones and get your good stuff there.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #410 on: June 13, 2009, 11:05:39 AM

That whole area can fuck right off.  The only thing that entire place is good for is that the external section (not the GA instance itself) is a good place to farm expert level scholar materials once everything there turns gray.  There are one or two decent rewards from some of the quests, but they are almost exclusively a result of multi-tier group quests where it would be much easier just to move on to higher level zones and get your good stuff there.

That's pretty much the downfall I see of all the Fellowship quests. Unless you get run through the instance by a couple way overlevelled people, it's just not worth the effort. Even GB rewards, though awesome for the level, aren't worth the hassle of taking a level appropriate group through a long (poorly mapped and confusing, but that's a separate isssue) tedious dungeon. And the Cool Lewts in the Angmar group quests? Trivialized by early Moria quests.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #411 on: June 15, 2009, 09:11:04 AM

I really don't know the names of these places.

Ya, I didn't know about that ranger,elf or dwarf hubs in North Downs and the Brown wizard town had all orange+ or group quests.  

So I was able to knock out a dozen or so group quests.  GB was a pain as noted else where.  I think waffel was in that group until he d/c.  I am not sure group quests are worth it xp wise but "see the content" it was alright.  Having found the new hubs in ND. I am 28 and have plenty of quests for the time being and probably going to head back to LL for 1.2.2 tonight.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:33:50 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #412 on: June 15, 2009, 10:51:41 AM

I think the only part of Book 2 that gave us trouble was the last chapter.  I'm glad I did it, though, since it was entertaining but being bugged toward the end nearly caused us to :rageguy:.  Then it dumps us out into the GA hub, whereupon my wife says in /f "What the fuck are you doing, come on, let's go" and I haven't been back.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: June 15, 2009, 02:12:46 PM

wife and I were able to complete Bks 11 and 12 over the weekend with a dedicated PUG.  God, there's 15 more!  and 7, no 8 books for Moria.  Sigh.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #414 on: June 15, 2009, 02:35:57 PM

A bunch of the Moria books are short/soloable. 1-3&7 are entirely soloable.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #415 on: June 19, 2009, 12:32:05 PM

Got Dwuli from lv24 to lv29 by way of cherrypicking North Downs quests this week.  Currently I'm slumming the ruins on the west side to collect scholar reagents.  When I get tired of that (soon) I will go east of Esteldin and get on some more quests.  I am gunning for lv35, and when I get there it will be time to backtrack and do deeds.

Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: June 19, 2009, 12:57:18 PM

Grinding traits in the Misty Mountains.  Is there any way to make this pleasant?  Is there nothing more sad than watching a GRD take 5 minutes to kill an elite 15 levels lower than her? 
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #417 on: June 19, 2009, 01:22:09 PM

Grinding traits in the Misty Mountains.  Is there any way to make this pleasant?  Is there nothing more sad than watching a GRD take 5 minutes to kill an elite 15 levels lower than her? 
You should be tearing through -15 elites like even con sigs. Might want to check your gear/traits. I know this, as I did the same thing a bit ago until I got bored and went to do other things with my Guard.

Or put out a lff call, lots of people grinding mm deeds most times.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: June 19, 2009, 02:07:13 PM

Did 26 through most of 29 last night on east side of the downs, mostly thanks to the much improved perfomance of having a really nice set of armor for once, similarly will be doing deed grinding once I get to  mid 30's and also feeding Bloodworth's addiction to treated wood.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #419 on: June 20, 2009, 06:37:52 AM

Did 26 through most of 29 last night on east side of the downs, mostly thanks to the much improved perfomance of having a really nice set of armor for once, similarly will be doing deed grinding once I get to  mid 30's and also feeding Bloodworth's addiction to treated wood.

What is the name of your fake person?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on?  
Jump to: