Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:26:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 126467 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: June 20, 2009, 11:24:46 AM

F13 people should really put the F13 name in the note for each toon/alt. So people like me can keep up.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: June 20, 2009, 11:19:29 PM

Did 26 through most of 29 last night on east side of the downs, mostly thanks to the much improved perfomance of having a really nice set of armor for once, similarly will be doing deed grinding once I get to  mid 30's and also feeding Bloodworth's addiction to treated wood.

What is the name of your fake person?
Arasi. I should be on some tomorrow. I'll stick f13 on the notes...
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #422 on: June 22, 2009, 09:30:29 AM

I got Dwuli to 30 last night.  I had sent the family off to Father's Day dinner without me, but they came back super-early and I didn't level until 2am.  I have a few of the east-ND quests left to do (not counting the fellowship ones), after which I suppose I will go to Evendim, starting in Oatbarton.

Runekeepers are like Super Saiyans if you get your casting order right.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: June 22, 2009, 10:13:18 AM

Spent the weekend mostly trait grinding and crafting on Crombert, awaiting book 8 patch and bree revamp.

Finished out bree deed traits (up to the basic level 15 stuff - no old forest flowers, orcs, barrows stuff)
Finished everything in the Shire - including Pies and Mail
Good chunk of Erud Luin done - probably finish them out tonight for the most part (except Sarnur obviously)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #424 on: June 22, 2009, 10:24:00 AM

I have once or twice considered going back to do any new Ered Luin quests, but >_<

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: June 22, 2009, 10:53:04 AM

Last night I went to Ered Luin just to grab my favorite shirt (Thrasi's Shirt) for outfit purposes.

Thrasi no longer gives it as a quest reward.

Heartbreak

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: June 22, 2009, 10:55:52 AM

Last night I went to Ered Luin just to grab my favorite shirt (Thrasi's Shirt) for outfit purposes.

Thrasi no longer gives it as a quest reward.

Heartbreak

Could it now be one of the ones they moved to outfitters (as in the visuals)?

Got a screen shot of the shirt?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: June 22, 2009, 11:04:13 AM

I have once or twice considered going back to do any new Ered Luin quests, but >_<

I was expecting whole new quest lines for the dwarf starting area....but really didn't find that.  A little more streamlined, but no substantial changes as far as I could tell.  I got my "Defender of Erud Luin" or whatever the final quest deed trait was, and not really planning to do any more quests.  The elf starting area could be vastly different, but I have never made an elf, so I couldn't even comment on that.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: June 22, 2009, 11:58:32 AM

I got Dwuli to 30 last night.  I had sent the family off to Father's Day dinner without me, but they came back super-early and I didn't level until 2am.  I have a few of the east-ND quests left to do (not counting the fellowship ones), after which I suppose I will go to Evendim, starting in Oatbarton.

Same here, finished up trailing  west side quests and ran around picking up banners. I think we're in a similar situation, although I've gotten a decent  chunk of the Oatbarton stuff done.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #429 on: June 22, 2009, 05:45:53 PM

Same here, finished up trailing  west side quests and ran around picking up banners. I think we're in a similar situation, although I've gotten a decent  chunk of the Oatbarton stuff done.

Well, you know how plans are.  I got a orange quest to go talk to Aragorn in Rivendell, and so I decided to do that since I wanted to turn in some Scholar Guild trinkets anyway.  On the way there I noticed the elf at the Last Bridge had a gold ring since I hit 30 and I decided to give that a try.  I did the Aragorn-Elrond-Aragorn bit in Rivendell and the guy at the entrance who says to go see Barachiel and Whatshisname in that other elf camp north of the road.  Grabbed a horse to Ost Guruth and jumped off at the Bridge, then did the Trollshaws entrance quests.  I'm about halfway to 31 now from orange quests and orange boars.  I'm going to see if I have the runes to go into the ruins and find the dwarf even though it's a fellowship quest... now that I am thinking about it I think I get bum-rushed when I find him.  Might just stick to solos. Ohhhhh, I see.  So, I'll be in the Trollshaws if anyone needs me.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #430 on: June 22, 2009, 06:27:02 PM

I think my wife and I put in 20 hrs of play time from Fri-Sun night.  We got 2/6 radiance gear (Skumfil and GS), half of CD finished, all of our lvl 45 item class quests done, some traits grinded, and a few basic Moria quests complete.  Plus a quick FT run.  Awesome times.  

BIG PIMPIN HOBBIT YO

STYLIN WIT MY JUBUT-RUD HAW  
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #431 on: June 22, 2009, 11:15:05 PM

Ran out of Trollshaws quests that I qualified for, so I gave the perfect boar tusk to Dingdong in Rivendell, did the lv30 RK quest in Othrikar, rode to Tinnundir and started up all of the quests that I am fairly sure are not going to give me pathing problems.  Of course, I'm hoping that won't be a problem tomorrow night.  Also I got to 31.

Also I managed to forget to bind in Tinnundir, twice.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: June 23, 2009, 12:46:06 AM

Could it now be one of the ones they moved to outfitters (as in the visuals)?

Got a screen shot of the shirt?

I haven't seen anything like at the light armor or outfitters in the starting towns.

This is close to it:

EDIT: NM, I found something of the same design at Ost Guruth. It's a Dwarf Padded Jacket.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:41:08 AM by Stormwaltz »

- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #433 on: June 23, 2009, 07:58:22 AM

Does the Oathbreaker come with?

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #434 on: July 03, 2009, 01:30:51 AM

finished all of 2.5.5 with a great PUG in one night.  Christ on a crutch that was hard.  End of Bk5.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: July 03, 2009, 10:09:28 AM

Working under the principle that Saerthir is a main like Mayda, I've been obsessively doing the summer events for titles and tokens. I decided last night that I'm going to skip getting a house until I've over 50, because paying rent was a bitch for a long time. I don't want to grind just to pay rent. That means I'm pretty much done with token collection. I've got enough for the summer horse, and everything else of interest is useless to me. I spent the tail end of last night sweeping up greys in Ered Luin for traits.

Mayda, on Gladden, had banked 200 summer tokens last year (I was really into the fishing then...). I took her out once to buy all the new decorations I wanted, and I'm otherwise skipping the event on that server.

- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #436 on: July 03, 2009, 01:08:42 PM

I am now Ingur the Undying! \o/

Now I can start playing the game without hyperventilating every time I get 2 mobs on me at once.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: July 03, 2009, 03:42:56 PM

After playing for over a year, I met my first weirdo over lunch.

- Henry Cobb
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: July 03, 2009, 04:22:05 PM

"Please stop raping me" awesome, for real

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: July 06, 2009, 07:02:45 AM

"Please stop raping me" awesome, for real

Wow. That was hilarious.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #440 on: July 13, 2009, 02:28:53 PM

I can't seem to find a dress I like for Dwuil.  I might have to have her be male.

So far, with Dwuli, I've done the Thorin's Hall lost items, the Party Tree lot items, and most of the fishing stuff.  I think I will just have to collect fireworks after the fishing is complete, then if I have enough tokens I'll go back to leveling.

With Fallia, we were working on V1B3.  Failed Defense of Trestlebridge, might have to get a third in there since Nellie is a retard.  The boy came home from the grandparents early so he could play some games -- and thereby prevent me from playing LotRO, so I took him to Lowe's to get some light fixtures and almost made him help me install them.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #441 on: July 14, 2009, 11:07:23 PM

Sunshine!  Now sleep.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #442 on: July 20, 2009, 08:52:46 AM

Alright, with some help from the wife, I got from 33.5 to 35.0 and ended up with about five gold.  Did the horse quests (which did not seem so bad this time) and promptly traded my crap horse for a Lithe Festival pony.

After this we went to just past the Ram Duath and killed things... well actually my wife killed things while I healed her since everything in there is red to Dwuli.  I did the few quests I could for the earth kin, so next up it's just wide-open playing as I go back and catch up on things I missed out on in all the previous zones.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: July 20, 2009, 10:38:19 AM

I've been struggling to find any time to play (I'm moving soon -- most of the weekends and evenings are spent on packing).

I got Saerthir from 25 to 27 over the weekend, gained access to superior ovens, and her wallet exceeded 1g for the first time. I cleaned up a handful of traits in Bree, and took did a bunch of green quests in North Downs.

- Henry Cobb
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: July 20, 2009, 10:44:36 AM

I am still playing, but I too have had a hard time finding time to play. I just moved, and I have a few contracts to work on ATM.

Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: July 20, 2009, 10:45:50 PM

I can't seem to find a dress I like for Dwuil.  I might have to have her be male.

And I can't find *anything* that doesn't look dorky on my lvl 35ish elf female!  I'm told there are some Lothlorien stuff that doesn't, but that's many levels away!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #446 on: July 21, 2009, 08:44:48 AM

And I can't find *anything* that doesn't look dorky on my lvl 35ish elf female!  I'm told there are some Lothlorien stuff that doesn't, but that's many levels away!

My wife seems able to find outfits she likes for her male elf (lv39), but all that stuff is apparently beyond me.  I have a nice dress for my female hobbit, a dwarf-make which I cannot remember where I got it.  Goes well with the flower tiara.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #447 on: July 21, 2009, 10:32:11 AM

One nice thing about Moria/Lorien/Top Tier Crafted is that all the gear seems to go nicely together. ie, my mix of Sentinels/Noble/Quest armor looks like it's all reasonably matched, instead of clown shoes. Matching dyes do help that quite a bit though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #448 on: August 07, 2009, 08:31:13 AM

Got the Shire quests knocked out yesterday.  Not the crafting ones, I don't count those, but I got all of the other ones.

Next stop was Buckland since Halros sent me to The Prancing Pony and I saw some quest rings, so I'm starting on the revamped Breeland stuff from the west side.  I'll have to say that the whole Adso's Camp stuff makes more sense, or at least is better integrated with the zone rather than just an island of questgivers.  I'm also happy that Buckland now has something which leads you into it and especially that points out where the stablemaster is right away.  On the other hand, I'm not sure if I like the very-artificial feel of the kill-collect questgivers standing in trios around wagons.  It's a great improvement from a gameplay perspective but the way they stand there like mannequins... it was OK with the three people from Adso's camp near the front gate since they are there looking for help and investments and drumming up support for the new inn, but the three guys near the Old Forest tunnel entrance don't make me think they would really be standing there like that.  Still it is a large improvement in the flow.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #449 on: August 07, 2009, 10:12:51 AM

Last night I got 2 of the non-f13s in the guild to group with me and bang out the 'Kill a metric assload of Trolls' deed in Trollshaws. Quite a bit of fun, +1 Zeal, and I'm going to try to do it one night a week on various toons. Some of the deeds are tedious due to low spawn, but for the high-spawn ones, should be good. And might get some people used to grouping.

If we can knock out any quests for people in the process, even better.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: August 07, 2009, 10:56:19 AM

Finally did all of Urugarth last weekend, and actually did it on a character that was the proper level range (although most of my group wasn't).  Was pretty cool, but took hours to do.  Reminded me a lot of BRD in WoW with it's sprawling multi-winged layout.  Hoping to do Carn Dum this weekend to knock out the rest of my legendary trait items, but it's looking like it's not going to happen.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: August 07, 2009, 11:27:58 AM

Carn Dum is really well done, one of my favourites in LOTRO.  Can be done in stages with lockouts - as I believe Uru can also be done.   You should know that Carn Dum is broken at the moment, as you cannot access everything.  Apparently it is fixed in an upcoming patch.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: August 10, 2009, 11:18:45 AM

Welp, didn't get into Carn Dum this weekend, but did get my loremaster up to 59 and over to Lothlorien this weekend.  Stupid elves shooting at other elves, what has this world come to.  Got to up to the first rank of faction and into the outskirts of the city, still need to get high enough to get in the front gate.  Very pretty area though, and a nice change after being cooped up in Moria all weekend.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: August 21, 2009, 04:11:23 PM

Hurray.  Finally saw the inside of Carn Dum, and cleared the whole place, including Mordrith.  Man is he an endurance fight, even at level 60.  I think I completely ran out of power twice, as a loremaster, and was potting and drawing power whenever I could.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: August 24, 2009, 06:12:03 AM

Carn Dum is huge. like, really really big huge.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on?  
Jump to: