Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 128535 times)
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: April 14, 2009, 01:30:17 AM

Cleaning up quests in the old zones with my Guardian so that I can finally dive into Mordor (just went there to get my first Legendary weapon and headed back out again. Even deleting all group quests (except the Storyline ones) it still takes forever. I love the quantity of content in this game, you can really entertain yourself solo without any problem.

Filled the other 6 slots with tradeskill twinks and slowly level them up as I train their skills. Basically they are just mules to hold my recipes, because I have too much fun wreaking two handed carnage with my newly discovered Overpower awesomeness (a trait that lets me use block responses with 2h - me likey).
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: April 14, 2009, 06:02:01 AM

Finally finished up Volume 2, Book 6 on the weekend - capping the end of the books in Moria.  I now have 2 of my capstone legendary abilities (herald/pet spec, tank spec), and now need to delve into Fil Gashan for my hands of healing legendary.  The Volume 2, Book 5, Chapter 5 instances (3 of them) are easily the toughest - with "Deep Way" being an exercise in frustration.  You are basically at the whim of an RNG spawn system that can easily overwhelm you.  Lots of complaints on the forums about the difficulty/random-nature of 2.5.5.  I believe it took about 5 or 6 tries on deep-way - which isn't bad comparative to the complaints .  The group portion of Book 6 (2.6.8) is supposedly difficult as well, but I think I had a competent PUG to get through it on the first try.

I plan to start heading into Moria instances to finish out quest book and see the content available.  I am not going to get into the "rad run" progression for raiding.  I love to see all content, including the occasional raid content, but screw going through instances over and over to get the radiance gear.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #317 on: April 17, 2009, 01:28:08 PM

That damned "Our Greatest Find" quest is a motherfucker.  A god-damned motherfucker.  Oh, and PUGs are shit.  rage rage froth bitch piss

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #318 on: April 17, 2009, 02:00:43 PM

Volume 2 seems to be much niftier than Volume 1 so far. Went to poke about the start of it, and within a couple hours of play had my first two legendaries, a bunch of new gear, and hit 47. Then got et by a red goblin in Moria proper. Much fun.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #319 on: April 17, 2009, 02:23:24 PM

That damned "Our Greatest Find" quest is a motherfucker.  A god-damned motherfucker.  Oh, and PUGs are shit.  rage rage froth bitch piss

If that's the statue quest at Minas Eriol in Lonelands then yeah -- better to stick a fork in your eye, over and over again.  They need to remake Minas Eriol without everysinglemob being elite.  Full retard mode.  I mean, they have Dol Dinen for that, right?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #320 on: April 18, 2009, 08:00:22 AM

If that's the statue quest at Minas Eriol in Lonelands then yeah -- better to stick a fork in your eye, over and over again.  They need to remake Minas Eriol without everysinglemob being elite.  Full retard mode.  I mean, they have Dol Dinen for that, right?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

That's the one, where it's difficult to pull singles and if you suck you get four or six elites on your ass.  A large part of our problem was that we only had a RK for healing, plus everyone else was in the low 20s.  Also I was surrounded by people who could not take instruction: I told them more than once to NOT follow me when I went ahead to scout since the gobs are all grey to me... but they followed me anyway and ZOMGDEAD.  Although it was neat that every time I (33 hunter) attacked something, it immediately disengaged and headed my way.  Sort of. awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: April 23, 2009, 08:49:47 AM

That's the one, where it's difficult to pull singles and if you suck you get four or six elites on your ass.  A large part of our problem was that we only had a RK for healing, plus everyone else was in the low 20s.  Also I was surrounded by people who could not take instruction: I told them more than once to NOT follow me when I went ahead to scout since the gobs are all grey to me... but they followed me anyway and ZOMGDEAD.  Although it was neat that every time I (33 hunter) attacked something, it immediately disengaged and headed my way.  Sort of. awesome, for real

Hunters have to watch the aggro, especially if your an agility stacker like me. That's why there are traits,skills, and bow chants that lower your threat. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? But yeah, that area, we avoid it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #322 on: April 23, 2009, 10:04:56 AM

Since you mentioned it, next time I logged in I went in alone to scout around and noticed a glowy crate.  I grabbed the statue from the box and took it out to the dicklick waiting across the bridge, bada-bing.  If I had known it was in a box instead of a goblin pocket, I'd have done that way back.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: April 23, 2009, 10:11:39 AM

Not to be a douchebag, but I'm glad they're keeping some of the elite camps. Brings a bit of flavour to the mix.

Oh, and I want to do Dol Dinen. We should set up a DD night soon when we try to get as much as possible done. I'll take a nap and drink coffee to stay up.

CET, you're on notice Mob

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #324 on: April 23, 2009, 10:17:44 AM

What level for DD?

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:38 AM

31+ or so. I think the final quests are ~35.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #326 on: April 24, 2009, 05:11:17 AM

Sweet, I'd love to come along... er wait you are not on Brandywine because you are a euro, yes?

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: April 24, 2009, 05:38:36 AM

That L31 Warden in the kinlist happens to be me. wink

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #328 on: April 24, 2009, 06:23:03 AM

I can't be bothered to read for myself.  Sheesh. awesome, for real

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #329 on: May 04, 2009, 06:30:05 AM

Yesterday, my wife and I charged from lv33 to 35 by aggressive invasion of Trollshaws and Rivendell.  Rivendell is very cool, firstly.  Secondly, horses are fucking expensive.  I only have about 1.7 gold, and my wife is even worse off... not sure she has ever had one gold.  I'm going to spend a lot of time in either Trollshaws or Evendim, looking for cash.  Have not decided which, but I have some quests directing me to Tinnundir and I haven't spent much time there.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: May 04, 2009, 06:44:06 AM

I don't know what the market is like on Brandywine these days, but if you can Mine than try harvesting and selling Dwarf-Iron.  You could check the AH first and see what the prices are like and see if it's worth it.

most often known as Drevik
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #331 on: May 04, 2009, 07:27:29 AM

Boiled leather seems to sell pretty well. All grades, though medium sells fastest. Ore/ingots on Brandywine seem to fluctuate wildly.

That said, I bought my horse on income from Moria quests, the money starts to really flow there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #332 on: May 04, 2009, 07:37:06 AM

Maybe it was just bad timing but selling raw materials on the AH has not seemed like much of a gravy train to me.  My wife can mine dwarf-iron but she's using it to level.  I might see what I can do about making some Woodworker Guild weaponry and selling it, but those shards are a pain in the ass to get.  I might be able to make some money selling basic Artisan stuff since I'm up to my eyeballs in lebethron.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #333 on: May 04, 2009, 01:23:01 PM

I've been able to finance things pretty easily just selling gathered leather and bars, etc., but I haven't passed level 30 yet on anyone.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #334 on: May 04, 2009, 01:50:27 PM

If anything, I'd expect more return past 30, but I don't know.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: May 04, 2009, 02:31:38 PM

It's a toss up.  On Windfola, Medium leather goes for more than Sturdy, but I know the reason behind that one at least.  Medium leather is what's used to make level 16 medium armor, and you need alot of it to crit it.  It's one of the first armor groups that most people will use to set up new players or lower level twinks with. 
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #336 on: May 04, 2009, 03:18:54 PM

Same on Brandywine, a stack of Medium Boiled sells within a couple hours at 400s, a stack of Sturdy Boiled priced at 250s may or may not sell after 48hrs.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #337 on: May 04, 2009, 04:36:16 PM

Ah, well that was my problem: I didn't understand the demand.  Stupid crafting.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #338 on: May 04, 2009, 04:48:45 PM

Checking out amazing looking fan film:  http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=16852.0
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #339 on: May 05, 2009, 05:09:07 AM

Nope.  Tier 2 generally sells best until you get into the top mats.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: May 12, 2009, 07:38:05 AM

So, me and issa are trying to get to moria with our mains, but we keep finding so much cool stuff to do (and some great loot in angmar) that we fear we may out level it..... Guess i need to start paying more attention to alts.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: May 12, 2009, 09:07:51 AM

So, me and issa are trying to get to moria with our mains, but we keep finding so much cool stuff to do (and some great loot in angmar) that we fear we may out level it..... Guess i need to start paying more attention to alts.

Don't be in any real hurry.  You don't really want to physically be in Moria until 52 at the soonest.  I think I was 53 by the time I finished up everything up through Eregion as was.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: May 12, 2009, 09:15:45 AM

Don't be in any real hurry.  You don't really want to physically be in Moria until 52 at the soonest.  I think I was 53 by the time I finished up everything up through Eregion as was.

Oh good, Nah,its not a hurry thing. We just didn't want to out level stuff. The game is getting so wide, it feels quite possible to level to 60 with out ever going into Moria.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: May 12, 2009, 09:46:08 AM

Nah, highest you can get is 56 or so before stuff in the level 50 instances and zones turns grey to you ;)
Seriously though, stuff in the first part of Moria will have just turned yellow for the most part when you go in there at 52.  So depending on your ability to take oranges, use that to gauge when you think you should be in there.  You'll cap out at 60 with more stuff than you know what to do with, no matter what you do anyhow, especially since they added Lothlorien.

edit: just phrased something poorly
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:59:35 AM by Ard »
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #344 on: May 12, 2009, 10:43:34 AM

I made the push over the past week to finish out LL and ND quests.  I'm finally starting Evendim and it's a bit different which is nice.  I spent a year off and on to get from 26-34 and now that I'm nearing 35 I'm so glad I made this push to get out of those zones.  Just hit the 4.5 gold mark for my horse which I should be able to buy tonight. 
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: May 12, 2009, 12:08:21 PM

Don't forget now. You can't just buy your horse and enjoy it after grinding for 35 levels and saving desperately so you can afford it. Oh no.  You also have to face a skill testing challenge!
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #346 on: May 12, 2009, 12:18:28 PM

Honestly, starting Eregion at 45, getting into moria at 48 worked great for my Champ, and I made 60 fast, even with lots of side trips for pages/deeds/fun with people. Moria is just overall neat, and HUGE with tons of stuff to do.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #347 on: May 12, 2009, 12:35:03 PM

Don't forget now. You can't just buy your horse and enjoy it after grinding for 35 levels and saving desperately so you can afford it. Oh no.  You also have to face a skill testing challenge!

A.K.A. The Final Insult.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: May 12, 2009, 01:17:48 PM

A.K.A. The Final Insult.

Heh, if only it were the final.  Horses don't like big caves.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:26 PM

Heh, if only it were the final.  Horses don't like big caves.

And goats are fed on catassing.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What are you working on?  
Jump to: