Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:54:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Gone Baby Gone 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gone Baby Gone  (Read 2223 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

on: November 29, 2008, 03:28:18 PM

Title: Gone Baby Gone
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_F_SH07nsE
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452623/

Comments:
Just watched this with Netflix's on-demand movie service (via 360). Actually a pretty good flick, starts off slow but picks up.

Casey Affleck does detective work with his gf and gets hired to find a missing 4 yo girl. They figure out that the girl is taken by a drug kingpin who had his money stolen by the girl's mother while running drugs for him. And from there it starts to get interesting. Casey does a good job, though I think he does a good job in general.

Directed by Ben Affleck with some pretty good camera shots during the interesting parts - also some weird not-quite-right camera shots, but enough cool ones to make up for it. The slow mo of one of the good guys getting shot later in the movie is almost painful, I think I held my breath.

Watch it, good stuff.

- Viin
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 06:49:45 PM

It's been on HBO or something like that for the past month... Been avoiding it.

Thanks for the tip.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:55:28 PM

This is a great movie!  Ben is a better director than actor and Casey easily carries the show.  It's not typical Hollywood.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:51:47 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this one.  Definitely worth a watch.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 07:51:07 AM

Definitely a good movie with lots to talk about after.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 02:58:24 PM

Was interesting and good, just saw it this week.  Good characters except the girlfriend who apparently nobody (writer, either Affleck etc) knew what do with.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 03:59:07 PM

What I liked about this is that I've seen enough noir / crime films to think I knew what was coming, but I really didn't.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Gone Baby Gone  
Jump to: