Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Trophies mostly suck 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trophies mostly suck  (Read 5105 times)
Sleep
Terracotta Army

on: November 29, 2008, 07:31:02 AM

When I was reading about this game I remember thinking about how in every mmo I ever play, the characters in the end game all look the same. In SWG it was the worst. I thought WAR had finally come up with a solution to this problem.
Thanks so much mythic! I grinded beastmen for 3 hours to get the 1000 kills for the trophy token. Now I can proudly display my rat nuckle keychain as unequivical proof of my dominance!

Why do almost all of the trophies suck? They are either too small, or they look like stupid keychains. I swear I got the same keychain in  a level 3 greenskin quest as my buddy's beast token.

Mythic please, after you fix all of the other shit, like the ridiculous state of T3, ORVR, and PQs, think about whipping some of those bums in the graphics department into coming up with something more inspired then tiny rat bones and dwarf pube  pendents.

Also, what good are all those sweet looking cloaks I get from the TOK, that I'll never wear because they have no stats? Why not include a box in the character window that says "display instead" so I can look at something that isnt my plain white cloak with no guild symbol because i got tired of reclicking the box.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 07:33:05 AM

A++

would read again
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 07:33:29 AM

Seriously though, isn't it a bit late to be complaining about the character aesthetic?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 07:40:55 AM

Seriously though, isn't it a bit late to be complaining about the character aesthetic?

Not if the complaint is fun to read. awesome, for real

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
siv00
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 08:54:13 PM

Why do almost all of the trophies suck? They are either too small, or they look like stupid keychains. I swear I got the same keychain in  a level 3 greenskin quest as my buddy's beast token.

You did. It's the exact same model with a different name. You can also repeat that quest in all 3 racial areas to get 3 of them, and buying the token version of it is a complete waste.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 09:33:13 PM

Isn't it a little late for anything aside from listing who goes up against the wall when the revolution comes?
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:06:07 AM

Isn't it a little late for anything aside from listing who goes up against the wall when the revolution comes?

Now that's a thread we could get behind, a thread for predicting who gets shitcanned for this mess.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 03:18:04 AM

Hell suck, half the trophies would have red X's on them because they couldn't be displayed properly in any location.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 06:12:36 AM

Now that's a thread we could get behind, a thread for predicting who gets shitcanned for this mess.

I still find it interesting that EA Mythic became just Mythic prior to WAR launching.

Barnett is a likely candidate for a "hey guys, it's all been fun, but I'm off to purse other things" video blog.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 12:46:12 PM

Will Jacobs shoot himself into space, return to tell us how he is going to pursue his dreams in other fields, then we watch as Warhammer pulls the plug?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 01:38:22 PM

Will Jacobs shoot himself into space, return to tell us how he is going to pursue his dreams in other fields, then we watch as Warhammer pulls the plug?

That whole shooting yourself into space thing is set to become a metaphor, if it hasn't already :)
khaine
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 02:32:26 PM

That whole shooting yourself into space thing is set to become a metaphor, if it hasn't already :)

Keeping with his latest trends , he will make several posts and interviews about how Garriott and the Russians and NASA all "got it wrong" and he won't make the same mistakes as them because he knows better and has "learned"

He'll them blow up on the launch pad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Trophies mostly suck  
Jump to: