Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: An apology... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An apology...  (Read 18864 times)
amiable
Terracotta Army

on: November 26, 2008, 02:13:45 PM

I think this post is long overdue and while I am embarrassed that I have to write it, I think that it is necessary.  I will endeavor to be honest and fair.

Cevik, I heaped a lot of abuse and scorn or you for your constant obstinate criticism of Mythic and of WAR itself.  I thought your nay-saying was silly and pedantic and your constant braying about a game you didn't play was childish and pointless.   I assumed your incessant haranguing was simply proof that you are an unrepentant troll who busies himself nursing grievances against random internet dwellers that have the temerity to disagree with your opinions.

Now that the circle is complete, and I stand in the ashes of a forum and its dwindling posters I think it is necessary to set the record straight.  As I survey the carnage that surrounds me with an ever dwindling cadre of hard-core fans (most of whom are sycophants and ex-sycophants who joined the boards in a vain attempt to garner Mark Jacobs attention) one thought in particular occurs to me:  Cevik you were right.

As the ancient Trojans ignored the Delphic prophecies of Cassandra, I ignored your sage advice.  I suppose I could spend some time enumerating the many, many ways that Mythic completely botched what could have been a viable challenger to WoW's supremacy.  But to be honest, cataloging the entire array of bad design decisions, poor community assessment, technical failures and general clownshoes would take a great deal of time, and is too heartbreaking for me to contemplate.  Suffice it to say that if I had taken what, in retrospect, were your fair and accurate criticism of Mythic's development process and game seriously I would have saved myself a great deal of trouble, grief and embarrassment.  The shame of defending an operation as half-ass and out of touch as Mythic burns like the fires of a thousand suns.

The only thing I can do at this point is apologize and promise that in the future, while I may disagree with you, I will assume that any abuse I receive from you is done with my best interests at heart.  Mea Culpa.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 02:23:35 PM

Cevik, you are a dick but you have fun at it. So whatever.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:25:28 PM

I think you're making the mistake of thinking Cevik actually had yours or anyones best interests at heart. In fact, now you've given him an angle. >_>
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:36:16 PM

Quote from: people
stuff

Let's martyr the guy that would have argued you all blue in the face on the topic of Diet Coke v. Diet RC Cola. You think this actually mattered to him? Your apologies are better spent elsewhere. 

Seriously, he's just a dick.  He found something easy to be a dick about and found a captive audience. He's a dick, don't apologize to dicks. End of story.

And.. he's not likely to see this.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:40:14 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 02:41:59 PM

I'm sure his schadenfreude demands that he continue to monitor these forums.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:45:55 PM

On a similar subject, is Hrose permanently banned?  Not that I don't think he's crazy, it's just that the person who makes him crazier than normal doesn't seem to post here any more.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:48:03 PM

On a similar subject, is Hrose permanently banned?  Not that I don't think he's crazy, it's just that the person who makes him crazier than normal doesn't seem to post here any more.

As long as we're talking about that person and that particular game, HRose and Mark remain slightly unstable and the chances of them crossing paths is not to be trifled with.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 02:51:24 PM

As the ancient Trojans ignored the Delphic prophecies of Cassandra, I ignored your sage advice. 

Trainwreck predicting, naysaying, and doomcasting an MMO isn't sage advice.  It's about the safest bet one can make as around 99% of MMO's released end up being trainwrecks.  It's so easy in fact that Geldon is the only person I've ever seen really manage to fuck up doomcasting an MMO.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 03:23:57 PM

Trainwreck predicting, naysaying, and doomcasting an MMO isn't sage advice.  It's about the safest bet one can make as around 99% of MMO's released end up being trainwrecks.  It's so easy in fact that Geldon is the only person I've ever seen really manage to fuck up doomcasting an MMO.

Money wasted reading f13 instead of working: $58,972

This quote: Priceless.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 03:24:51 PM

The only thing I can do at this point is apologize and promise that in the future, while I may disagree with you, I will assume that any abuse I receive from you is done with my best interests at heart.  Mea Culpa.

Remarkably well-written, for what it's worth...

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 04:31:01 PM

Heh.  He wasn't the only one that said Warhammer sucks.  Look at my review and the date.

http://www.corpnews.com/node/199?PHPSESSID=fff01c7851f64cd11901ff26b25c49ea

My point being that the poor quality was obvious to anyone that wasn't a fanboi

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 05:08:38 PM

I'm sure his schadenfreude demands that he continue to monitor these forums.

Isn't he still incapable of viewing this subforum? Or was it just posting in it?
tolakram
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 06:53:55 PM

Heh.  He wasn't the only one that said Warhammer sucks.  Look at my review and the date.

But the 'quality' has(d) nothing to do with it.  If it had a newbie experience and PvE as good as WoW I would still not be happy.

Am I the only one who is wondering if server merges might actually speed up the rate of decline as people realize the end game isn't fun even with a lot of people?

/shrug ... trying not to be too negative, waiting on 1.1
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:55:31 PM by tolakram »
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 08:20:05 PM

But the 'quality' has(d) nothing to do with it.  If it had a newbie experience and PvE as good as WoW I would still not be happy.

Am I the only one who is wondering if server merges might actually speed up the rate of decline as people realize the end game isn't fun even with a lot of people?

Doubt it.  Some idiots will love it no matter what due to it being Warhammer and all.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 08:28:22 PM

No need to apologize to broken clocks.  Even if you glance at them at precisely the right time, they are still broken. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 08:30:07 PM

No need to apologize to broken clocks.  Even if you glance at them at precisely the right time, they are still broken. 

What he said. Cevik wasn't being prescient particularly, if you review his posts on other topics in the same period you'll notice he just had a sandy vagina. Broken clocks and all that.

EDIT:
Quote from: schild
As long as we're talking about that person and that particular game, HRose and Mark remain slightly unstable and the chances of them crossing paths is not to be trifled with.

Of course at this point, there's fun to be had. Unfortunately I don't think Mark would come out to play.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 05:21:08 PM

lots of people = zone control might progress
zone control leads to crash = still sucks.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 07:57:22 AM

What's the story with Cevik and Hrose?
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 08:07:15 AM

The exact same story of pretty much everyone ever banned from a message board, ever. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
tkinnun0
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 11:54:48 AM

Cevik was two weeks early.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 05:55:21 PM

Cevik was two weeks early.

That's a bit unfair.  Schild & Co. doesn't ban people for not liking a game that (at the time) they at least sort of liked.  Cevik was banned for general trolling douchery, and Hrose was banned because he had an unstoppable pathological hatred for and compulsion to troll one particular person (if you can stand the stupid, there was some argument about how MJ disrespected Hrose when responding to one of Hrose's secret personas on other boards that were created to troll MJ).  Seriously, the next step in his progression was probably to fly from Italy and photograph MJ from the bushes outside of EA. 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 08:56:56 PM

You really shouldn't be apologizing to Cevik. He knew what he was doing, and trust me... he wouldn't have apologized to you.

Most of us saw some of the flaws when the game was in free preview beta. We just didn't expect that a "celebrated" veteran of the MMOG business would not only fail to unfuck them in two months, but would compound the problems by refusing to see the problems.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 02:45:16 PM

There are fossilated bacteria on Uranus that have better argumentative ability than Cevik does. Even if he did sometimes post something with a shred of insight, any further discussion would result in enthusiastic shit-flinging at whatever camp seemed most vulnerable to trolling at the time.

Then once confronted by one of the mods, he'd sulk and profess himself an addict and blame everyone else for listening to him.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 02:24:50 AM

Hrose was banned because he had an unstoppable pathological hatred for and compulsion to troll one particular person (if you can stand the stupid, there was some argument about how MJ disrespected Hrose when responding to one of Hrose's secret personas on other boards that were created to troll MJ).  Seriously, the next step in his progression was probably to fly from Italy and photograph MJ from the bushes outside of EA. 

The above isn't exactly accurate.  I was going to respond to this but left it as I didn't want to get accused of enabling HRose again.  Which, I'm just about to do, he's responded to the above quote in the usual place.  I'm dropping the subject now, I'll just say, given previous posters (Sir Bruce, Geldon) who had two chances at not fucking up here, also given that even new people get two chances, it's a shame to see him gone over something that I don't think was 100% his fault (I saw the original vn thread that kicked the latest flame-war off, HRose hadn't even posted in it).

Not my site obviously, not my decision, I'll just point out for light entertainment value that there's other stuff going on too.
deadlyanteater
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 09:05:42 AM

epic emo apology post is epic.

the game isn't that bad you nerds. this guy looks legit
schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 09:07:00 AM

The game is pretty much that bad.

Also, that "smiley" doesn't mean what you think it means.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 09:21:08 AM

Best thing I have seen all day.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 10:52:42 AM

I'll just point out for light entertainment value that there's other stuff going on too.

"stampa clandestina". If I could make a Tauren Rogue, that would be his name.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 02:13:22 PM

Ahahha. Thanks for the good chuckle on a slow day at work.
Jesper
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 02:38:07 AM

I'll just point out for light entertainment value that there's other stuff going on too.

"stampa clandestina". If I could make a Tauren Rogue, that would be his name.

well, luckily enough, Italian law guarantees 3 Tiers of giurisdiction, with the last one having a power similar to common law's system; so that if he reaches this tier, the decision of the Italian Supreme Court is going to be used against other local judges that do such a stupid thing as this.

On the other hand, now my mind is haunted by a Supreme Judge character dressed in Tier 3 stuff.
deadlyanteater
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 12:20:55 PM

pedobear think you're full of shit.

schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: December 03, 2008, 12:30:46 PM

pedobear think you're full of shit.

Grammarsnake thinks you need to get your shit together.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: An apology...  
Jump to: