Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1113178 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6685 on: June 19, 2019, 02:58:32 AM

Well, yeah....which is kinda why I wonder about the approach they are taking.  People are basically telling them "no, we want this not that".  And they are saying they know better.  Maybe they do, we'll see. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6686 on: June 19, 2019, 06:16:37 AM

They absolutely do know better, which is why we pay them.

Also noone sane is asking for a Arya spin off. So really everyone knows better. The question is being asked by hacks looking for a quote they can twist into clickbait, and by nobody else ever.

I'm entirely up for a GoTverse series produced by good people, set well away from the headaches of the last 4 years of GoT. It is a really good setting.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6687 on: June 19, 2019, 06:33:59 AM

Anyone asking for an Arya sequel is a dumbass that shouldn't be listened to in the first place.

I am the .00000001428%
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6688 on: June 19, 2019, 07:38:51 AM

They have a limited library because they have a specific brand of 'limited library of things that are not shit'.

If they start churning out shit, their brand becomes just 'limited library' and they are fucked.

HBO is owned by AT&T now. Those guys don’t give a shit about quality, they just want to see revenue.

Expect the production quality to go down and the number of shows green lit to go up. AT&T will want hem to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6689 on: June 19, 2019, 07:50:10 AM

Well, if your whole schtick is "which of these bad spinoffs will hurt us the least", then sure.  But an Arya spinoff has more chance of pleasing fans then probably whatever they are coming up with.

I don't know enough about HBO's service, however, so I don't know how risk-averse they are or should be.  Seems to me that HBO has a pretty limited library, which means they need hits hits hits.
A completely new story told in the GoT universe has a coinflip chance of being good, but if it's mediocre it won't make anyone really angry. A bad Arya spinoff would piss off a lot of people, and Arya's content in the last two seasons doesn't really inspire me to think they know what to do with her post-Books. If the Hound had lived, I'd have more faith in a potential Arya spinoff because at least we'd have had good banter between the two of them.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6690 on: June 19, 2019, 09:18:56 AM

I personally would rather have that Arya goes west spinoff than whatever the fuck they are trying to shoehorn Naomi Watts into.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6691 on: June 19, 2019, 10:06:58 AM

Yeah, and so would most people, despite what the above neckbeards are trying to intimate to the contrary.

Granted, HBO may still have the right of it.  Time will tell.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6692 on: June 19, 2019, 04:32:54 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6693 on: June 19, 2019, 10:40:11 PM

Apropos, the only thing people would want more than an Arya spinoff is and Arya+Hound spinoff.  Had he not fallen to his death.  Or hey, revive his ass somehow, wouldn't be the first time.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6694 on: June 20, 2019, 06:16:49 AM

I personally would rather have that Arya goes west spinoff than whatever the fuck they are trying to shoehorn Naomi Watts into.

Time to do this would be in decade when everyone has calmed the fuck down about season 8, and Dream of Spring is hypothetically being published.

Or never. Never is good.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #6695 on: June 22, 2019, 03:55:44 AM

Talking about pregnancy: Did you notice that Cersei was pregnant at the end of the last season but now drinks wine again and almost cried when Euron made that line about putting a baby in her stomach. She is really not having any luck with her kids. :/

That was indeed what happened :
https://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones-cersei-had-a-miscarriage-in-deleted-season-7-scene-lena-headey-says/

Showing that would have distracted from turning her into a comic book black queen, so good they cut it out.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #6696 on: June 22, 2019, 04:29:53 AM

https://youtu.be/IsBA4VRx278

A Cersei compilation video. Very professionally made and think showing well rounded picture of her character.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6697 on: October 30, 2019, 08:25:21 AM

Rezzing this thread due to something IainC linked in Discord.  For your amusement:

After hiding from fan rage at the big stage and spot light of Comic-con this year, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss showed up for the first time since GoT ended to talk at a panel at the Austin film festival.  Somebody live tweeted what they discussed, and it's been picked up across the internet.  Now, I try to be slightly wary of bias just because so far, only what this one twitter user wrote seems to be what every article is quoting (though some state they confirmed with other sources it's true).  Still, they basically seem to have talked at length (in a very tone deaf manner) how they had no idea what they were doing from the get go, learned everything about film making as they did the series, and in general confirmed every dumb thing people thought.  If accurate, some of the shit they say at this panel.....

Here is the original twitter thread to read:

https://twitter.com/ForArya/status/1188186578071556102

Random articles commenting on the internet (you can find others):

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a29608442/benioff-weiss-game-of-thrones-showrunners-writers-panel-austin-film-festival/

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/game-of-thrones-david-benioff-d-b-weiss-panel

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6698 on: October 30, 2019, 08:34:08 AM

Yeah, there was a lot of things in that thread where I thought, "You really shouldn't have said that, brother."

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6699 on: October 30, 2019, 10:07:06 AM

Well their Star Wars trilogy got canceled so i guess they are in "fuck it" mode. Also the GoT prequel got canceled, the one with Naomi Watts.

I am the .00000001428%
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6700 on: October 30, 2019, 10:49:32 AM

And Netflix gave them $300million

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6701 on: October 30, 2019, 10:50:12 AM

Well their Star Wars trilogy got canceled so i guess they are in "fuck it" mode. Also the GoT prequel got canceled, the one with Naomi Watts.

So you aren’t buying the story they were too busy with Netflix?  Neither do I.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6702 on: October 30, 2019, 11:09:03 AM

Well, if Netflix did just offer them $200 million (that's what I'm seeing, but numbers seem to be speculation all over the place), to fuck around and do their own shit..... I could totally see walking away from the insanity of the Disney\Star Wars.  Especially if you are a duo of no talent ass clowns who have no idea wtf is going on.

On the other hand, they are a duo of no talent ass clowns, and with the talent the Disney board has on their side to oversea even basic level film making skill.......  I can easily see Disney handing them the paperwork equivalent of a Luger, and asking them to do the honorable thing.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: