Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:23:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1108424 times)
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #6405 on: May 15, 2019, 05:29:54 AM

For comparison: between 2011 and today Stephen King finished 15 books while GRR finished none.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6406 on: May 15, 2019, 05:41:50 AM

Since Dance he's put out 5 books, edited a few more, then there are TV episodes, short stories.

He's writing. Just not successfully writing asoiaf.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #6407 on: May 15, 2019, 05:51:05 AM

@MediumHigh, Benioff and Weiss are credited as writers for episodes 3 - 6 of season 8. They also have lots of writer’s credits for episodes of previous seasons (73 episodes total)

GRR only owns the “based on ASOIAF by” credit for season 8.

It isn’t unlikely that they actually wrote all of the episodes by themselves.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #6408 on: May 15, 2019, 06:09:20 AM

Since Dance he's put out 5 books, edited a few more, then there are TV episodes, short stories.

Fair enough.

BTW GRR only owns writing credit on 4 GoT episodes with the last one being from 2014. I don’t think he had a lot of involvement with the show over the past two years.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6409 on: May 15, 2019, 06:09:56 AM

So these are tyhe guys who are making the next Star Wars Trilogy?

Whelp, sell your Disney stock, until they get canned and someone else gets picked.

This guys are perfect for Star Wars, complain about the show all you want but it has LOOKED amazing. Their cinematography is top notch, they craft incredible looking action. Thin plot, awesome graphics = Star Wars, they'll do just fine.

I am the .00000001428%
schild
Administrator

Reply #6410 on: May 15, 2019, 06:42:29 AM

So these are tyhe guys who are making the next Star Wars Trilogy?

Whelp, sell your Disney stock, until they get canned and someone else gets picked.

Star Wars is already pretty vaesline-garbage. How many times does this need to be said? They can do no damage. And again, the only person to blame for this is GRRM. He put himself and his brand in this position.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6411 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:48 AM

I highly doubt D&D is going to ride off into the sunset and "do it again" on their next project

Well, their next project is a trilogy of Star Wars movies unconnected to the main 9-movie Star Wars trilogy, so I'm assumind D&D will go riding off into the sunset to sleep on pillows made of money and virgins.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6412 on: May 15, 2019, 08:03:10 AM

Sums it up pretty well I think.

I'm curious how it all wraps up from here. I almost want them to have the balls to go totally grimdark.

Open in King's Landing

Dany is about to burn Tyrion and Davos to death for treason because they helped Jamie.
Jon and Arya try to intervene.
Drogon burns Arya, Tyrion and Davos to death.
Jon survives (cause Targaryen!) and stabs Dany to death. His sword lights up with flames when he pulls it out of her chest. Azor Ahai!
But Grey Worm stabs him in the back.
The Unsullied, Dothraki and Northerners turn on each other.

Title card: 6 months later

We're in Winterfell. Sansa and Royce John (or whatever his name is) and Brienne are in the war room. A messenger brings in a message and Sansa looks at it. "That settles it. The other kingdoms except for Dorne either have no lords, no armies, or both. It's pure chaos out there."

Cut to the Weirwood tree in KL. Bran is warging. Cut to the Isle of Faces which is snow covered. The snow and ice takes the form of a man like the T1000 in Terminator 2. It opens blue eyes and slowly resolves into the form of the Night King.

Bran's eyes open and he sighs. "I told Jon he had a choice...he chose...poorly."

*roll credits*

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6413 on: May 15, 2019, 08:07:25 AM

Arya isn't dying.

Edit: I don't care if she dies, I'm just saying she isn't. GRRMs wife won't let him kill Arya or Sansa.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6414 on: May 15, 2019, 08:13:58 AM

Arya isn't dying.

Edit: I don't care if she dies, I'm just saying she isn't. GRRMs wife won't let him kill Arya or Sansa.

None of what I posted will happen. The only characters I listed who might die are Dany, Grey Worm and Davos.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6415 on: May 15, 2019, 08:18:51 AM

Grey Worm continuing to escape death is horseshit. Dude should've been melted by the walkers.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #6416 on: May 15, 2019, 08:25:02 AM

I hope that if they're going to have Arya kill Dany, they have her wearing Grey Worm's face. 

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6417 on: May 15, 2019, 08:26:42 AM

Fair enough.

BTW GRR only owns writing credit on 4 GoT episodes with the last one being from 2014. I don’t think he had a lot of involvement with the show over the past two years.

Yeah, I think I saw a comment to the effect that with the divergence from books and as back then he was still hoping to stay ahead of the TV show, he felt being heavily involved in the show was just making things harder.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6418 on: May 15, 2019, 08:28:50 AM

Grey Worm continuing to escape death is horseshit. Dude should've been melted by the walkers.

Do not even get me started over the continued use of spears in CQ fighting.  Gods dammit.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6419 on: May 15, 2019, 08:29:54 AM

The only thing I can figure is he is the only named character in Dany's army and they needed at least one. So he got plot armor.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6420 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:07 AM

He has a name, we all know how that works...

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6421 on: May 15, 2019, 12:04:20 PM

Qhono (the head Dothraki) is maybe still alive, but they haven't done anything at all with him this season.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6422 on: May 15, 2019, 12:07:11 PM

Still waiting on Jon sparing the Karstark kids to have some kind of payoff.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6423 on: May 15, 2019, 12:07:42 PM

Qhono (the head Dothraki) is maybe still alive, but they haven't done anything at all with him this season.

No, you can see him on one of the pyres at Winterfell very briefly. Dude had a name AND died offscreen. Harsh!

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6424 on: May 15, 2019, 12:10:50 PM

Still waiting on Jon sparing the Karstark kids to have some kind of payoff.   awesome, for real

nm, just googled and Alys Karstark is also one of the people you can barely see on the pyres at the end.  What a ripoff.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6425 on: May 15, 2019, 12:12:48 PM

Oh, lol.    Guess there's a reason I got Qhono with the very last pick in the fantasy league.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6426 on: May 15, 2019, 07:10:07 PM

Lol, they should have just put every single character they aren't going to bother mentioning again somewhere on the pile of bodies.  No matter where in the world they are actually supposed to be.  You died well fighting for the North, Daario Naharis!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6427 on: May 15, 2019, 07:16:42 PM

Which Daario would it be though? why so serious?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6428 on: May 15, 2019, 08:30:50 PM

I always hated Daario for some reason so was happy to see him written out.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6429 on: May 16, 2019, 06:02:57 AM

I would not pin hopes on GRRM. That way likes sadness.
We get it: you don't like GRRM. Lots of us liked the books, and are hoping for some satisfying closure. Let us hope!

Have you met schild?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6430 on: May 16, 2019, 06:32:39 AM

Which Daario would it be though? why so serious?

Both.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #6431 on: May 16, 2019, 06:48:30 AM

The legion of internet man babies has now started an online petition to re-do season 8 with new writers.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6432 on: May 16, 2019, 06:57:10 AM

The legion of internet man babies has now started an online petition to re-do season 8 with new writers.
why does that make them manbabies?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6433 on: May 16, 2019, 07:11:01 AM

Season 8 is just the culmination of bad choices made from the start, all you can really do to improve it is remove some of the more annoying things like the way they chose to do the battle of winterfell or the death or rhaegal. What they want is for Dany to not turn evil, and that was never in the cards.

I am the .00000001428%
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #6434 on: May 16, 2019, 07:20:09 AM

Culmination of bad decisions made back in season 5.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #6435 on: May 16, 2019, 07:43:02 AM

why does that make them manbabies?

Because those snowflakes think they can use an internet petition to force HBO to spend another 80 million on a re do of season 8 because not liking a particular version of a story about kings and dragons makes them sad and angry.

Obviously.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #6436 on: May 16, 2019, 07:47:36 AM

One can actually simply deal with not liking how something turned out without the childish desire to force everyone to change it to a version they like better.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6437 on: May 16, 2019, 07:56:17 AM

Jamie throwing the writers under the bus. No idea how to link reddit videos outside of reddit so suck it up.

I am the .00000001428%
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6438 on: May 16, 2019, 07:56:59 AM

I mean, it's a thing that obviously won't happen, but I don't think saying "this product I paid for was not to my liking, but I would happily spend money on an improved version if it existed" in itself makes someone a manbaby.

fakeedit:

Jamie throwing the writers under the bus. No idea how to link reddit videos outside of reddit so suck it up.

What a manbaby!   why so serious?

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6439 on: May 16, 2019, 08:28:27 AM

These types of online petitions are almost always made by the most toxic part of a fanbase and yes, manbabies. For once I agree with Schild on something entertainment related.

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: