Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1116095 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3850 on: June 09, 2015, 09:33:04 AM

I'm not sure who all he was burning the first time we saw Stannis, but he clearly was never meant to be a sympathetic character.

As for the Dorne stuff, the TV version has made a fuckload less sense than the book version but I can see why they compressed it. They'd have had to introduce at least 3 or 4 other "major" characters who end up being redshirts anyway. At least in the books, we see that Doran has sent a Dornish prince to marry Dany and cement an alliance between Dorne and the new Targareyn dynasty - without that, I'm still not entirely sure why Dorne is there at all.

I do appreciate HynoBoobs though.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3851 on: June 09, 2015, 10:20:01 AM

Myrcella has to rule before she can die. Gold their crowns, gold their shrouds, remember?

I took that to be she'd be a princess, not necessarily Queen, but good point I'd forgotten the crowns part.

I do appreciate HynoBoobs though.

Rosabell Laurenti Sellers, she's 19.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3852 on: June 09, 2015, 12:44:22 PM

Why is Dorne important? Jesus, "winter is coming" and Dorne is the furthest south in Westeros. It's going to be warmest, and when the army of cold and death breaks out and comes down from the North to kill everybody, the remnants are going to wind up there whether they want to or not.

Whatever the final crisis of the story is, it's going to start in Dorne.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3853 on: June 09, 2015, 01:06:01 PM

Myrcella has to rule before she can die. Gold their crowns, gold their shrouds, remember?

I took that to be she'd be a princess, not necessarily Queen, but good point I'd forgotten the crowns part.

Myrcella could become queen simply by Tommen dying before her, or she could marry Trystane and pick up a Dornish crown, or Tyrion could carry out his threat to crown her in a mirror of the Dance of Dragons.

The way she is situated she'd have to work pretty hard to avoid being crowned by someone.

Why is Dorne important? Jesus, "winter is coming" and Dorne is the furthest south in Westeros. It's going to be warmest, and when the army of cold and death breaks out and comes down from the North to kill everybody, the remnants are going to wind up there whether they want to or not.

Whatever the final crisis of the story is, it's going to start in Dorne.

--Dave

Doesn't have to be.

And if it is, that doesn't avoid the requirement to have an actual plot in the meantime.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #3854 on: June 12, 2015, 03:20:47 AM

Last episode leaked?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:24:23 AM by disKret »
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3855 on: June 12, 2015, 05:39:19 AM

Last episode leaked?

Just screenshots from what I can find. Someone on /TV is getting review copies about a week before broadcast and spends half a week posting screencaps without spoilers to taunt people and be a dick.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 05:43:01 AM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3856 on: June 14, 2015, 06:35:47 PM

They're dropping like flies!

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3857 on: June 14, 2015, 07:09:31 PM

How you gonna cut away from Stannis like that.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3858 on: June 14, 2015, 07:17:22 PM

Wife is soooo pissed. I laughed for knowing what was coming. Nice misdirect about Benjen in the pre show recap.

I was surprised about Stannis though. Didn't expect it to resolve like that.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3859 on: June 14, 2015, 07:26:32 PM

This was a good season-ender, even if I didn't like the outcomes of a couple of storylines.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3860 on: June 14, 2015, 07:45:01 PM

Not a bad ending for the season overall. Now we get to wait a year to see how things go in new territory (unless fat-ass finishes the book before then).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3861 on: June 14, 2015, 07:57:36 PM

Well, couple of surprises there. Did not expect that many deaths in one episode.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3862 on: June 14, 2015, 08:02:58 PM

That looked like a whole lot of CGI to me, the face did not match the body.  And from behind it was obviously a body double.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3863 on: June 14, 2015, 08:11:58 PM

Yeah the whole thing was a body double that's been known since October when the scene was filmed.

Not a bad ending for the season overall. Now we get to wait a year to see how things go in new territory (unless fat-ass finishes the book before then).

There's been several reports that he's "writing as fast as he can" to get it done because he wants to beat season 6. I don't see it happening, since the final-edit-to-release cycle is about 9 months from what we've seen with other highly-anticipated books.  Only way he's beating the next season is if he's going digital.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3864 on: June 14, 2015, 09:10:34 PM

Yeah the whole thing was a body double that's been known since October when the scene was filmed.

There's been several reports that he's "writing as fast as he can" to get it done because he wants to beat season 6. I don't see it happening, since the final-edit-to-release cycle is about 9 months from what we've seen with other highly-anticipated books.  Only way he's beating the next season is if he's going digital.

Why would going digital matter?  The 9 month cycle is for editing and marketing.  The publisher is going to market the shit out of it for months (including getting ARCs out and getting the hype going) to maximize sales.  Even if GRRM doesn't beat the TV series, they are going to hype up how different it is or whatever.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #3865 on: June 14, 2015, 10:54:27 PM

Frakenmountain!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #3866 on: June 15, 2015, 03:55:11 AM

I would kill to see a Frankenmountain vs The Gravedigger fight.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3867 on: June 15, 2015, 04:29:58 AM

Nope, I personally disliked how they handled a couple storylines this season and how others were adapted for TV (while I really enjoyed how they handled the whole show in the previous years). Books are still much better (minus some long-winded and sparse details), so this is it for me regarding the TV show. See ya in the late 2020-something: maybe by that time the last book will be published so that I can catch up with the show  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3868 on: June 15, 2015, 06:42:04 AM

Why would going digital matter?  The 9 month cycle is for editing and marketing.  The publisher is going to market the shit out of it for months (including getting ARCs out and getting the hype going) to maximize sales.  Even if GRRM doesn't beat the TV series, they are going to hype up how different it is or whatever.

Not all of that delay is due to marketing. Martin's books have had problems with printing and binding due to the size and the very limited number of printers that can handle it.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3869 on: June 15, 2015, 07:23:18 AM

If Martin finishes the book by November is it'll be on the stands by the next episode. The publishers would likely be very incentivized to get books out before the show spoils them to a larger extent. However, at the rate GRRM writes and with his view on spoilers, I don't really expect to see it happen.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3870 on: June 15, 2015, 08:04:26 AM

If he doesn't get the book finished by next spring, season 6 will be the most interesting in GoT history because absolutely no one will know where the fuck it's going. That will be very interesting.

Also: This is pretty good

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3871 on: June 15, 2015, 10:19:08 AM

So many underwhelming things in this episode; they tried to cram far too much in and half-arsed everything, apart from Cersei's walk, which seemd to go on forever.

Grumbly thoughts below the spoiler:

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3872 on: June 15, 2015, 10:39:34 AM

Stannis put all his eggs in the Red Woman's basket.  When she abandoned him, he was left with nothing, not even his faith in himself.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3873 on: June 15, 2015, 10:52:01 AM

So many underwhelming things in this episode; they tried to cram far too much in and half-arsed everything, apart from Cersei's walk, which seemd to go on forever.

Grumbly thoughts below the spoiler:

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3874 on: June 15, 2015, 10:52:42 AM

Also, I just realized that was Indira Varma. Man does she look different than the last time I saw her. It's almost as big a difference as Sibel Kekilli.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3875 on: June 15, 2015, 11:06:00 AM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3876 on: June 15, 2015, 11:41:31 AM

For some reason I'm actually looking forward to this episode rather than simply unable to look away from the unfolding disaster.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #3877 on: June 15, 2015, 12:27:13 PM

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #3878 on: June 15, 2015, 12:32:42 PM

We see so little of that Direwolf I actually forgot it existed until the Sam scene.

PS why are we spoiling stuff?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3879 on: June 15, 2015, 12:41:50 PM

I am the .00000001428%
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #3880 on: June 15, 2015, 01:23:32 PM

Surprised the boat wasn't named Live 4 Ever.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3881 on: June 15, 2015, 02:29:02 PM

I think the people that died off camera are dead.  Hound died off camera and it would be kind of a cheap stunt to have them spring up or just barely hang on.

That ship had better turn around.  Jamie knows Dr. Bashir would dispense frontier justice.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3882 on: June 15, 2015, 03:05:15 PM

That was my thought as well, but it was pointed out to me that if the ship turns around and lands in Dorne again, there's no guarantee they'll get to leave with Tristane.  The strategically sound choice might be to get Tristane safely installed in King's Landing as a hostage and send a message to Dorne requesting Ellaria's head in a box.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3883 on: June 15, 2015, 03:42:11 PM

Jamie, a father, should turn that ship around unless his daughter stops breathing - unless there is antidote on board.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3884 on: June 15, 2015, 03:49:43 PM

Just finished watching, immeadiate reaction : meh.

Stannis : ok actually, I'm espeicially glad that his kinslaying meant he paid the price for his prior kinslaying.

Mereen : are we supposed to be excited by a rerun of CoK Tyrion? I'm guessing we won't actually get that, but seriously, that is the promise you want to make to viewers? I mean, I have season 2 on DVD, I can watch that already.

Arya : End of this was pretty great, I assumed they were skipping the whole bit they introduced.

Dorne : Jesus fucking christ, is that it? What was the fucking point?

Kings Landing : Shot well, acted well, but totally absent of impact because they haven't sold me on the state of KL. I think the walk was exactly the right length, the problem as a book reader is that you watched precious minutes bleeding away, which left us with....

Jon : Really? Going to have that happen just "because"? Was the exchange with Davos and the shot of Jon reading letters just to hint that you know it would be possible to write a better script but give zero fucks at this point?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:52:30 PM by eldaec »

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: