Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1114212 times)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: August 21, 2009, 03:08:35 AM

Pulling this thread back on topic

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/38421510.html#cutid1

HBO is filling out the cast of its fantasy pilot "Game of Thrones" with the addition of former "New Amsterdam" star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and several others.

The group joins the previously cast lead Sean Bean as battle-weary Ned Stark, who leaves his home to serve the king. Mark Addy, Kit Harrington, Jennifer Ehle, Jack Gleeson, Peter Dinklage and Harry Lloyd also star.

In the adaptation of the George R.R. Martin fantasy-book series, Coster-Waldau will play Jaime Lannister, one of the king's guards and a ruthless usurper of the previous king. The actor, most recently seen in Ron Moore's Fox pilot "Virtuality," is repped by WME, Impression and Independent Talent Group.

Another addition is Tamzin Merchant (Showtime's "The Tudors"), who'll play Daenerys, an exiled teenage princess.

Also new to the cast: Richard Madden ("Hope Springs") as Stark's eldest son, Robb; Iain Glen ("Into the Storm") as Ser Jorah Mormont, a disgraced knight; Alfie Allen ("The Other Boleyn Girl") as Theon, Stark's young ward; Sophie Turner ("Doctor Who"), as Stark's eldest daughter, Sansa; Maisie Williams as Stark's young tomboy daughter, Arya.

The group joins the previously cast lead Sean Bean as battle-weary Ned Stark who leaves his home to serve the king, Mark Addy, Kit Harrington, Jennifer Ehle, Jack Gleeson, Peter Dinklage and Harry Lloyd.

HBO still has a few more roles to fill in the large ensemble cast of "Thrones," one of the more buzzed-about titles on the premium network's development slate. The pilot shoots in Ireland in October.

David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Guymon Casady, Carolyn Strauss, Vincent Gerardis and Martin are executive producing.

Source: www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3iebbbd387ec9a77d4420b06999a24352b
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #141 on: August 21, 2009, 08:54:57 AM

Beside Sean Bean and Dinklage I don't know any of these actors, but Tamzin Merchant as Dany looks  awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: August 21, 2009, 11:43:14 AM

Beside Sean Bean and Dinklage I don't know any of these actors, but Tamzin Merchant as Dany looks  awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

GRRM's got your back on this one:

Dany is very difficult role. She starts out vulnerable and scared, but blooms on the Dothraki sea, and becomes a powerful leader by book's end. It's no secret that HBO's Dany will start out older than Dany does in the book; that was a change that had to be made, if we wanted to keep the sex scenes, and David and Dan and I were all agreed that the sex scenes were essential. Tamzin can play much younger than her actual age (as she does when playing Katheryn) and her sex scenes on THE TUDORS were as hot as anything I've ever seen on TV. In her readings, she showed Dany's other side as well, commanding and charismatic after Drogo's death. I think she'll be marvelous.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: August 21, 2009, 11:56:41 AM

Please don't suck.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: August 24, 2009, 12:50:27 AM

Please don't suck.

Don't worry.  Tamzin Merchant is no Chloe Sevigny. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
schild
Administrator

Reply #145 on: August 24, 2009, 12:56:25 AM

David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Guymon Casady, Carolyn Strauss, Vincent Gerardis and Martin are executive producing.

What.

Is this Lucky Wander Boy D.B. Weiss? If so, I'll have to watch this.

Would still like to see Black Company as a TV show more though. I couldn't get into Game of Thrones at all.

D. B. Weiss was hired to rewrite the screenplay for a film adaptation of Bungie's game series Halo, based on the $1 million dollar script written by Alex Garland. The rewrite was during 2006 and planned for a 2008 release. [3] He also penned a script of Orson Scott Card's book Ender's Game.[4].

Weiss is currently working with David Benioff, the writer of Troy, on the HBO TV adaptation of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series.[5]

Well. Shit. Benioff is crap, but hopefully Weiss can fix that.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: August 26, 2009, 09:06:29 AM

directly from Martin's blog, pictures of Maisie Williams (Arya)...:

...And Sophie Turner (Sansa):

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #147 on: August 26, 2009, 12:55:44 PM

They more or less work, appearance-wise, anyway.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: August 26, 2009, 01:07:33 PM

At first I thought they were the same kid a couple of years apart. That's a good sign I suppose. Appearance-wise, I mean. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #149 on: August 26, 2009, 05:55:46 PM

The blonde chick looks like how I thought Sansa looked. Also she annoys the shit out of me as a character, so I hope she can pull that off.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: September 02, 2009, 10:43:10 AM

Cersei Lannister, bitch extraordinare, has been cast:

Lena Headey, from "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "300":

Here is a collage of the happy (?) families thus far, courtesy of a visitor of Martin's blog:

Stark:
http://liftingfaces.com/uploads/thestarks.jpg

Lannister:
http://liftingfaces.com/uploads/thelannisters.jpg
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:49:01 AM by Lucas »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #151 on: September 02, 2009, 12:24:05 PM

They've managed to not cast a single blond Lannister, that's going to be hard to get used to.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #152 on: September 02, 2009, 12:36:34 PM

They've managed to not cast a single blond Lannister, that's going to be hard to get used to.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the invention of hair dye. 

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #153 on: September 02, 2009, 12:40:43 PM

But the eyebrows man, the eyebrows.

THIS IS TOM BOMBADIL ALL OVER AGAIN

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: September 02, 2009, 12:48:19 PM

I feel moved to buy stock in a hydrogen peroxide producer.

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #155 on: September 02, 2009, 01:48:36 PM

More importantly, there will be a carpet/drapes discontinuity.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #156 on: September 02, 2009, 01:54:01 PM

This isn't on SyFy.  I'm sure changing the drapes can get written into the budget.

-Rasix
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: September 02, 2009, 02:36:13 PM

You sir, are not with the times.

http://www.bettybeauty.com/ wink

WayAbvPar

Reply #158 on: September 02, 2009, 03:19:56 PM

awesome, for real

Lena Headey is about 10 years too old to play Cersei. And she will look really strange as a blonde.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: September 02, 2009, 03:46:27 PM

awesome, for real

Lena Headey is about 10 years too old to play Cersei. And she will look really strange as a blonde.

She  would have made a better Catelyn imo.  I was hoping for Tricia Helfer for Cersei.

I am the .00000001428%
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: September 02, 2009, 05:53:35 PM

She does have the green eyes though.

Of course, blue eyes can be made green by contacts easier than hair can be made blonde by makeup.

I don't really mind the age thing, as they have already aged some of the other characters for non-pedobear reasons.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: September 02, 2009, 06:43:25 PM

Ehm, Headey is not to old too play Cersei, atleast not significantly. Cersei is not 22, she's more like 32. Mind that Joffrey is 13.

Also, Tricia Helfer is just as "old" as Headey is. Ohhhhh, I see.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: September 02, 2009, 09:15:37 PM

Ehm, Headey is not to old too play Cersei, atleast not significantly. Cersei is not 22, she's more like 32. Mind that Joffrey is 13.

I never said she was too old, i just imagined her looking more like Tricia than Lena.

I am the .00000001428%
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: September 02, 2009, 09:48:37 PM

Yes, my bad; it was meant as a more general comment, since Helfer appears to be a very popular choice for the role among fans. Thus, if Headey is too old, so is Helfer.

WayAbvPar

Reply #164 on: September 03, 2009, 10:58:12 AM

Looking at her imdb page, I guess she is more like 6-7 years too old. I thought for sure she was in her 40s.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #165 on: September 03, 2009, 12:40:58 PM

She plays a mom of a 20-year old in Terminator.  Might mess with your perceptions.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: September 25, 2009, 04:14:23 AM

The Hound, Sandor Clegane, will be played by Rory McCann. Here is the related news entry written by Martin himself:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/109392.html

Yeah, now I'm curious about who will play the "Mountain that Rides"  ACK!

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #167 on: September 25, 2009, 07:59:07 AM

Based on the setting, if Joffrey is 13, I'd peg Cersei at closer to 28 - 29. Not sure if he ever actually stated her age in the books.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: September 25, 2009, 10:13:18 AM

And she will look really strange as a blonde.

Am I the only one who doesn't give two shits about hair color?  Just get a decent actor in there and I'm pleased as punch.  For that matter, hair colors can vary widely within families.  I've got medium brown hair, but my older brother's hair is so blond it's damned near white.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #169 on: September 25, 2009, 10:56:54 AM

What color is the mailman's hair?

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: September 25, 2009, 12:36:45 PM

Based on the setting, if Joffrey is 13, I'd peg Cersei at closer to 28 - 29. Not sure if he ever actually stated her age in the books.
I don't think he did, but I've been working off the assumption that Cersei wasn't in her early teens (contrary to GRR tradition, I guess) when she married Robert after the war and had Joffrey. So yeah, I agree on ~30. My point being, if you want someone to do a decent job with a character, 5 years too old (and totally "fixable" with make-up) is a better bet than 5 years too young. :)

gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: September 25, 2009, 01:32:22 PM

Jamie/Cersei are twins,Jamie was 17 when he killed the king. Cersei was married around that time and the marriage lasted 15 years. So early 30's at the beginning of the books.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #172 on: September 25, 2009, 01:56:08 PM

I'm a Jennifer Ehle fan, so I should explain her. She's best known for the role of Elizabeth Bennet in the superb 1995 BBC series version of Pride & Prejudice (with the iconic scene of Colin Firth emerging from the water).

But she's actually a natural blonde, an intelligent and sexy 39-year-old with a tendency to play highbrow English characters. With a tendency to get naked (NSFW).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:22:15 PM by Tale »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #173 on: September 25, 2009, 08:39:43 PM

The Hound, Sandor Clegane, will be played by Rory McCann. Here is the related news entry written by Martin himself:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/109392.html

Yeah, now I'm curious about who will play the "Mountain that Rides"  ACK!

I've been curious about this as well.  I can't think of many really huge, buff white guys in the acting realm who aren't current or former Pro Wrestlers.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: September 25, 2009, 08:49:43 PM

How big is Brendon Gleeson?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: