Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:08:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Blackguard and Knight of the blazing sun (videos) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blackguard and Knight of the blazing sun (videos)  (Read 9970 times)
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

on: October 29, 2008, 04:57:37 PM

So there are two mythic podcasts up about the new classes that are to be added, enjoy;

Blackguard
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/flash/2008_10_BlackGuard.html

Knight of the Blazing sun
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/flash/2008_10_KotBS.html
Zupa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:39:46 PM

well those videos kinda suck.  I'd be interested to see in-game footage of the new classes, but a couple of tools talking about them without any discussion of specific mechanics is just boring.

It's meant to be "War is Everywhere!", not "Grind, Bitches!".
        - UnSub 25/10/2008
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:42:30 PM

Mechanics of new readded classes:

Blackguard: See Ironbreaker.
Knights of the Blazing Sun:  See Chosen.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
runagate
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 08:02:33 PM

How does Paul have such a fat head with such spindly arms?  He's reminds me of Jack the Pumpkin King, only annoying.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 08:53:55 PM

So blackguards are emo 14 year-olds and their whole mechanic is based on getting angry when they realize how ineffectual their dps is at taking anyone down.  I wonder if they're just trying to blunt the enthusiasm for the class so realm balance isn't thrown further off.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 05:38:19 AM

The mechanics are not quite the same. A blackguard gains hate by doing damage, not taking it.   More than likely, Knights will have skills that somehow buff their allies based on the aura they are using rather than debuff their enemies like Chosen do.

Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 06:00:26 AM

Yup. They are "mirror" classes, but as you can see in many other "mirror" classes in the game, they are still quite different from one another
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 07:48:46 AM

The mechanics are not quite the same. A blackguard gains hate by doing damage, not taking it.   More than likely, Knights will have skills that somehow buff their allies based on the aura they are using rather than debuff their enemies like Chosen do.

Chosen aura does buff his friends.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 08:27:23 AM

Chosen aura does buff his friends.

That's only true for the first aura in each line and the healing one.  I was referring more to Blast Wave, that places a resist debuff on someone if that person has been debuffed by a Discordant aura.  I am thinking that the Knights will get some support actions that buff their groupmates depending on the type of aura he or she is using.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 08:30:48 AM

I hate hate hate Paul's class videos.  He's ok in other facets.  But whenever it's a class video..."It hits stuff, it's got armor, it's great, you'll love it!" repeated over and over again as if we should be even mildly excited.
deadlyanteater
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 08:42:50 AM

I find his watered down descriptions about Warhammer lore slightly annoying.

like some silly fanboi who has his head up his ass.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 09:23:04 AM

It is officially time for Paul Barnett to disappear from videos everywhere. He's not helpful.

Those videos are shit. Gameplay footage is all I care about, I read all the things just spoken about on a web page, only without the tired-out GW Brit Twit style that eats up half the video and tells me fuckall. Seriously, is it in the GW contract that Paul Barnett has to be given speaking parts on everything?

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:23 AM

It is officially time for Paul Barnett to disappear from videos everywhere. He's not helpful.

I have no issue with Paul Barnett - he did part of his job, which was hyping WAR, very well.

However, if WAR is not up to its targets, who do you think is going to be the scapegoat? The CEO, or the Creative Director?

schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 09:38:20 AM

I have no issue with Paul Barnett - he did part of his job, which was hyping WAR, very well.

However, if WAR is not up to its targets, who do you think is going to be the scapegoat? The CEO, or the Creative Director?

AFAIK, given Paul's title, hyping the game is in fact Not His Job. He's the creative director, he should really really be doing more of that, that is, if he's qualified to do that. I don't know the guy all I know is that creatively and design wise WAR took a turn for the toilet.
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 07:57:28 AM

I always cringe when I watch the videos and see [the guy talking to the camera] start to just kinda barely get into it, like in the KotBS video when he starts saying, "Glory, glory, glory". I'm not sure what it is, but it makes me feel really embarrassed for the guy.

Many of the comments here are spot on though; I understand the developers want some "face time", but presenting the game in a more objective way would make for a better presentation. In-game beta footage, even if it's just him "doing simple shit" would be preferable to the current presenter + concept art presentation's we're getting. The best videos have been, hands down, those Josh Drescher videos when he details things like tactics & morale use, and I think he did one about the RvR. Josh has a fantastic overlay voice and he presents it in a compelling and professional way. I wish they'd stick to that format.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 12:49:23 PM

I disagree, I found those the most boring. Informative, perhaps, but boring nonetheless.

If I'm going to sit down and watch a blog about an MMO I'd prefer to listen to Paul
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Blackguard and Knight of the blazing sun (videos)  
Jump to: