Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Urban Dead - Borehamwood 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urban Dead - Borehamwood  (Read 34595 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #70 on: November 18, 2008, 05:47:16 PM

#  28.01 MHz: "No point telling him about these bats I thought" (2 hours and 8 minutes ago)
# 28.01 MHz: "Poor bastard will see them soon enough" (2 hours and 8 minutes ago)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #71 on: November 18, 2008, 06:25:00 PM

Hey, Nix!

I made it into the spot.
I saw that when I logged in and filtered out the crap radio. We need gas, I used my last fuel can after it ran out. I can't seem to find a gas station. There used to be one near the hospital I was at, but not near here.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 18, 2008, 06:33:52 PM

I'll try and get some gas on my next 40 ap cycle then. I saw three zombies in a group probably about 5 blocks south of us. Maybe more.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: November 19, 2008, 04:01:08 AM

A group of zombies are attacking Hodson Bank (559,71) in South Borehamwood at the moment. It's likely they'll head my way soon since I'm just 9 blocks from there. I've asked one of the survivor groups to help out.

Is it me or is it harder to find items if there are a lot more people in the building with you?

Edit: Ugh. I hate it when I'm right. The zombies have busted through the barricades of Marcellin General Hospital and will take on the Freeth Gardens Garage next. This is just 5 blocks south of me. All I know is that they're general direction is the Borehamwood Shopping Center (NE Borehamwood iirc), but they're going to eat anyone on the way there.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:31:04 AM by Gets »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #74 on: November 19, 2008, 10:34:31 AM

My survival strategy thus far has been to hole up in an EHB unlit building next to a powered resource building.  When I see the lights go out in that building, I'll flee, but until then I figure that as long as there are lit buildings around me the zombies will be spending their time breaking into those.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #75 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47:08 AM

My survival strategy thus far has been to hole up in an EHB unlit building next to a powered resource building.  When I see the lights go out in that building, I'll flee, but until then I figure that as long as there are lit buildings around me the zombies will be spending their time breaking into those.

This has been working for me. On the other hand, I've only ever seen two zombies in my neck of the woods and they seem to have wandered off.

This sucks, because now I can't even crawl towards Level 2 at 3-4 XP/day. Perhaps I'll just raid the library a bit.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #76 on: November 19, 2008, 11:29:54 AM

Find a different neck of the woods.  The hunting in South Borehamwood (around the Big Brother House) is excellent.  Of course, I might be only a day away from getting overrun, but like I said, I'm hoping that the police station going dark will give me enough notice that I can escape.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #77 on: November 19, 2008, 11:54:24 AM

My strat for now is strength in numbers. Find a nicely barricaded police station, join the 25 others there, and hope I'm not the guy targeted. I leave for about 40 AP, whack some zombies and level up, and with the last 10 I keep stockpiling ammo for the dark days ahead :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Yoru

Reply #78 on: November 19, 2008, 03:20:35 PM

Find a different neck of the woods.  The hunting in South Borehamwood (around the Big Brother House) is excellent.  Of course, I might be only a day away from getting overrun, but like I said, I'm hoping that the police station going dark will give me enough notice that I can escape.

You presume I can hit things. Ha, sayeth yon Random Number Generator. Ha.

I've been using my fists mostly, and occasionally the pistol and shotgun I've picked up, when I can accumulate enough ammo. Spending a day scavenging ammo for one hit really blows.

I need a decent melee weapon.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 19, 2008, 04:52:36 PM

Fire Axe is great with the prof.

Spend like 50 AP searching a lit Police station, you'll score some shit.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #80 on: November 19, 2008, 05:18:54 PM

My character died this morning, 20 minutes before I checked on him. If only I hadn't stopped for coffee...

NE Borehamwood, Potts Police Station has about 20 zombies pounding on it. I was stupid enough to listen to the HAY GUYZ, LETS STIC TOGETER when I should have been running away.

I was also thinking that the only way survivors could win would be if they went into a building, shut the doors and never barricaded them. If zombies can be left without the xp needed to open doors - and tearing down barricades is the easiest way of getting it early on, barring stupid survivors leaving themselves outside - then survivors are pretty safe.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: November 19, 2008, 07:32:49 PM

Well for me to make a good plan for survival, I gotta know what high level zeds can do.

Can they smell me in buildings and shit? I didnt know they had huge roaming death squads already, so my plans just changed a bunch.

Yoru

Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 01:04:11 AM

Fire Axe is great with the prof.

Spend like 50 AP searching a lit Police station, you'll score some shit.

That's how I got my pistol and shotgun, I just can't hit the broad side of a fucking barn. Shotguns are also 1 AP to reload each shot, so efficiency = ACK!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 05:50:32 AM

I've got my pistol up to 55%. I must say going as a fireman worked well, you can wrack up XP with that 30% swinging, 3 damage axe pretty quick. I still use it a lot, as I'm saving ammo for the dark days to come.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #84 on: November 20, 2008, 07:18:40 AM

Crafty McGoo just whacked another two zombies and said "hey" to Gets.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:28 AM

3 levels till headshot ... woot

Im in East if anyone wants to try to stick together. Might be good to have a base, and two sets of eyes in case you log in and some zed is feasting...

climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: November 20, 2008, 09:46:52 AM

Hey Nix!

2 south, 7 west is a petrol station. I didn't grab any fuel because it took all my AP to find it. Also, didn't see any zeds.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #87 on: November 20, 2008, 02:15:12 PM

You and I should run an op around the BB house to wrack up XP. Probably hole up beside a lit place like everyone else is. Let me know, we need more XP and fast.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: November 20, 2008, 03:04:35 PM

Group of zombies, I'm talking 20-something, are now pounding on Clarkson Row PD (565, 57. Right on the northern edge of S and SE Borehamwood). Most survivors are sheep. I mean I know this is hardcore, but zeds are really tearing up the place. I managed to take down one and get another one to 20HP, but that's when the AP ran out. A pack will just eat everyone and stick around for biscuits and tea.

I think I have to get used to the idea soon that there will be no intact police stations soon and stabbing zombies will be the main option again. For survivability it's a good idea to keep an eye on where the zeds will hit next, for example the Borehamwood Party Crew. Staying clear of likely targets is an excellent idea too.

And Hi right back at ya, Crafty! We can survive this!
Snee
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: November 21, 2008, 01:40:07 AM

Jack Slugman this time around. NW Borehamwood is very quiet... still I've managed level 6. Maybe I'll start drifting SE, see if I can get extra circleslashed zombie figures on my helmet.

I'm carrying 5 loaded pistols and 7 loaded shotguns.... really overkill, but powered buildings and few targets make it inevitable. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: November 21, 2008, 02:45:31 AM

Head south.  You'll use that up right quick.

Or just wait  awesome, for real the zeds are definitely pushing northward.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: November 21, 2008, 07:51:11 AM

I am in E/NE and its getting hairy. They are fuckin everywhere.

I don't think I'm going to make it through my 5 day vacation folks.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: November 21, 2008, 09:23:29 AM

Yeah, if you're in East and near the shopping center, it's going to be grim.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #93 on: November 21, 2008, 01:30:36 PM

Anyone need gas?  Oh, I mean 'petrol'.  I've spent two days watching a flood of zombies roll by from inside an extremely heavily barricaded petrol station around the SE corner of Central.  So now I slosh when I walk.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: November 21, 2008, 04:45:45 PM

Oh, god, Surlyboi's tip about the zombies NE from where we are sure came in handy. So I gathered 50AP to finally head out to another hunt. There was a group of 6 zombies there that were attacking next to a factory. I managed to shoot down two while one of them started clawing me! When the second one was down I fled back to where I came from. It's pretty awesome how you can be chased by someone in a turn based game like this.

Hopped into a hospital with my last AP  awesome, for real
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #95 on: November 21, 2008, 05:06:12 PM

Hey, I found Gets.  Let me know if you need a FAKing.  I'm Sidereal Nom.

There are 1 zed and 4 bodies hanging out outside Emelia General, but my 10% with a fire axe is making for tough going.  It's down to 43hp

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: November 21, 2008, 05:20:16 PM

Yeah, I noticed a familiar name once I got to open my eyes again. Thought there would be more humans here though.

Might be the same zed that followed me here, since there were none when I ran back. We should make a plan (go awei zed spiehs), though I'd like to stock up on ammo and maybe a few medkits in the meanwhile.

Shopping center looks screwed though.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #97 on: November 23, 2008, 01:32:04 AM

Shopping center's utterly fucked. I was hoping you weren't one of the victims at the PD when I went back. Glad to see you're still alive.

I'm performing hit and run missions now. Never staying in one place more than a few hours. I've got a bunch of FAKs and my trusty axe. I do still waste 2APs hitting the zeds I fight with a newspaper and saying "Bad zombie!"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 01:40:18 AM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: November 25, 2008, 10:53:48 PM

My EHB safehouse was busted into while I was sleeping  Heartbreak

That said, I see F13 Gets in freshly cracked building next door.... and, well, you and anyone with you better get moving.  ZombieSigne
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #99 on: November 26, 2008, 05:20:39 AM

Gets is ok. His safehouse has been re-caded and there's only one zed left outside of it. I healed up some of his housemates and pissed off for darker pastures.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: November 26, 2008, 05:21:37 AM

Fucking hell.  I was PKed last night while I was sleeping.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: November 26, 2008, 12:42:58 PM

Gets is ok. His safehouse has been re-caded and there's only one zed left outside of it. I healed up some of his housemates and pissed off for darker pastures.

I am probably that zed  awesome, for real

Not sure if I'm going to continue playing as a zombie, though.  I already started a zombie character with rigor mortis right off the bat and it never came close to a 'live' character.
craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #102 on: November 26, 2008, 12:47:58 PM

Both my level 9 civs were eaten.  Thanks to Crafty for throwing me some heals.  My zed butterpaw is part of an enormous pack of zombies.  What do you call a group of zombies?  Murder?  School?  Gaggle?

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Yoru

Reply #103 on: November 26, 2008, 12:55:22 PM

Drop out of my hiding place with 50AP and a fire axe (25% to hit thanks to finally getting Level 2 and using it to buy Melee!) - find a zombie, whack it once - it's down to 11 HP! Oh joy, I might get my first real kill and whatever exp bonus that gives.

Whiff, whiff, whiff, whiff, whiff...

Run back to my safehouse with 1AP to spare. Zombie still has 7 HP. Fuck you, game. Fuck you.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: November 26, 2008, 02:29:42 PM

Yes, it's just not fair. Earlier today zombies started breaking into where me and Viin are. There was one already inside when I got there actually, but a shotgun to the face took that care of, as I recall. Later two more broke in. I killed one and took the last one down to 2HP and ran out of AP. A minute before hopping off to work I checked back to finish the deadie off with maybe a good knifing with my accumulated 1AP, but Father Geoge had killed it 4 minutes ago. Argh! When I got back from work I discovered I can't access any other website, except Urban Dead. My ISP has been acting up because of the blizzard during the weekend and a few times I've had to use a mobile G3 connection.

The whole day in copy&pasta format:

So it's been an eventful day out here, the most eventful so far, so I guess it's a sign of things getting mighty real now. While still only having access to UB (and EVE, fortunately) I just kept refreshing to get a heads-up when the barricades had been weakened. And so it went from heavy to lightly barricaded and soon enough there was another zed inside, probably Raging Turtle. It had taken one survivor down to 5HP before I realized, so I quickly emptied my clips into him. 15HP. 3 bullets. Not good. Missed. Out of ammo and the thing only had 5HP left! Knife-knife-knife-knife-knife! Dead! Dumped him outside in fear it still had AP's left, closed the doors and barricaded a bit until passing out from exhaustion. jessica winter better be damn happy I saved her ass if you ask me. After opening my eyes, I never though I'd be happy to see PENIS-spam again...and again.... and again.... and again...

Though I think I've made my decision that's going to cost me my life now. It's only been good fortune that a clever zombie hasn't busted in and checked first which delicious delicacies have the highest level in the brain buffet. But I want to liiiiiiive!

Also, kudos for all your concern over my wellbeing  smiley

NB: While I was writing this:

A zombie brought down the last of the barricades. (9 minutes ago)
A zombie destroyed the generator. (8 minutes ago)
A zombie killed jessica winter. (8 minutes ago)

fuck....
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:31:51 PM by Gets »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Urban Dead - Borehamwood  
Jump to: