Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Urban Dead - Borehamwood 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urban Dead - Borehamwood  (Read 34653 times)
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 10:02:18 AM

I'm holed up in a hospital with 25 other survivors. My name is The Flapper in case you see me around.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 02:35:33 AM

I'm holed up in a police station somewhere that some dude decided to randomly go all-out barricading. I even found a generator for it.

Unfortunately, picking scout seems to have been a shitty starter choice, since it's damn near fucking impossible to get XP. Being unable to hit stuff just sucks.

It would also help if there was a single zombie anywhere in the surrounding 10-block radius.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 05:07:51 AM

Anyone else in SW Borehamwood?
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 05:21:57 AM

It would also help if there was a single zombie anywhere in the surrounding 10-block radius.

All the zombies are in Watford.

Or is that chavs - I can't remember. There's not much difference.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 05:25:22 AM

Anyone else in SW Borehamwood?

Go far enough SW of Borehamwood and you get to an all-girls private school in a place called "Bushey".  Bet it's not in the game though.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #40 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:56 PM

I don't dare try trekking far South West to find out.

Any tracking on Zombies : Survivors?
AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 03:44:06 AM

slow game for me guess cuz I started as medic can't swing my fireaxe worth a darn hitting a zombie, afraid to use my first aid kits, did 3 searches of a area today found 1 shotgun shell. :P Saw someone say do more than one search of an area I found my shell on 3rd try.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 04:44:09 AM

Just find a lit hospital to get more FAK's. Light helps a lot. I didn't realize generators ran out of fuel, so I had to trek to a gas station and search out some fuel cans which weigh a ton.
Jerrith
Developers

Trion

Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 07:38:16 AM

I went to the diary room to register for the contest last night.  If you're alive, it's a good time to go - tons of living players, VSB barricades, etc.  I thought about staying, but I figure organized zombie groups are going to get in and start picking people off slowly...  I'm headed elsewehre. :)

The additional mechanic of "there is a special place you want to go" did make things a little more interesting though.  Now it's back to being like Monroeville (which isn't bad). :)

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 11:22:02 AM

Holy shit I miss a lot as a fireman with an axe...like I'm batting less than .100  - Still haven't hit 100 xp yet.

What are the key things to pick up early? I got first aid kits, some pistol clips and shotgun/shells, and a few books

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 01:41:28 PM

Holy shit I miss a lot as a fireman with an axe...like I'm batting less than .100  - Still haven't hit 100 xp yet.

What are the key things to pick up early? I got first aid kits, some pistol clips and shotgun/shells, and a few books

Urban Dead feels like it uses the same random number generator that DAoC used:  Good old Streaky.  With 40% to hit with my axe,  I'll miss 10 times in a row and then connect for 6 straight shots.
Jerrith
Developers

Trion

Reply #46 on: November 07, 2008, 08:14:04 AM

If you plan to get construction to build barricades, I suggest getting a toolkit while it's still relatively easy.  You'll find one much faster in a nice, brightly lit factory than in an unlit, ruined one.  Other than that, I like getting a fire axe - no ammo use is nice when attacking. :)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 07:30:04 PM

The zombies have busted into my hiding place!  Luckily there's a couple dozen survivors there healing and killing the zeds.  Holed up in a police station now,  and might be time to get me a shotgun....
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #48 on: November 07, 2008, 07:36:15 PM

If you plan to get construction to build barricades, I suggest getting a toolkit while it's still relatively easy.  You'll find one much faster in a nice, brightly lit factory than in an unlit, ruined one.  Other than that, I like getting a fire axe - no ammo use is nice when attacking. :)

Generally it's buff your attack skills, then construction, then free running (or free running then construction).

Reading the books gives you a small chance of getting some xp, so use it at the end of turns or if you get locked in a building due to the barricades.

AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 08, 2008, 04:22:58 PM

heh color me stupid....created a zombie char straight off log in play it....come back day later forgot password did not tie it to email account. *DOH!*

still haven't hit 100exp either. Person above said they found a boook I found one to carried it for two days then just chucked it no sure what it would/can do.

heh, I'm swinging 10% hit rate with my fireaxe I found first day I logged in. Got a baseball bat to same hit % less damage.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 09, 2008, 08:56:20 AM

Must confess I couldn't log into my first character since I must have typoed the password when signing up while not adding an e-mail. Although I made a second character with this brand new knowledge and have been liking it so far even though getting horribly painfully viciously slaughtered in Monroeville. Even though it's easier right now I suspect it will change soon as many zombies are gaining experience and leveling up fast. They only have to attack barricades to start off and can start off with Death Grip. So far the highlights have been killing a zombie hiding in a building with my last shotgun shell and spraypainting "This is Bat Country!" on a few buildings. Today I finally found a pistol so I can unload all these clips into the first walking corpse I find tomorrow.

Some things I've learned which I think other survivors should remember though. One is that Borehamwood is in England and they don't have gunstores in malls there. Also, if you find an item and you know you don't want to get it again, uncheck it in your settings. I don't really believe it costs AP to drop items, but it's still a good idea. I also agree that if you don't have weapon skills yet, like I don't, then finding a melee weapon with high hit chance can probably be better. I have a knife and it's pretty nice to shank deadies with it, not having to reload. The Big Brother House is a zombie magnet at the moment, although the barricades are high, but so many zombies outside, so I'd just avoid that place. And for the love of all that is still alive don't hide in random buildings!

If there's a survivor group out there that can use me, my name in BHW is F13 Gets. I have an extra radio I can't find a use for.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 09:23:26 AM

Hey Nix!

I just stumbled into your police station. I've been holed up in the hospital like two or thee squares northeast. What's the plan?

I'm 'The Flapper,' by the way.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 09:43:32 AM

Don't die? I actually got stuck in this station because I wandered far from my safehouse and ran out of AP hacking at a Zed.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 10:00:01 AM

After coming into this station I found two shotguns, a flare gun, and a bunch of shotgun ammo. Now if only I had better than 2.5% chance to hit.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 08:15:34 AM

I'm a zombie slayer, baby.

Have had three upgrades, went for Melee Prof, Firearms prof, and free running. I basically just hole up with a buncha survivors...trek out, and axe murder the fuck out of Zeds for like 40 AP a day. The last one I calculated I had one chance left before I had to run the 4 moves back to the safety in numbers...he had 4 HP left so the axe wouldn't do the trick. Whipped out the pistol and popped him in his dome.  You get a nice bonus for finishing zeds, like 15 xp.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 11:13:19 AM

That's been my routine also. Pop out, look for a zed to hack at, pop back in.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 12:55:20 PM

Started playing this a few days ago and am enjoying it quite a bit.  It fits in nicely with the social life as well - no chance of wasting hours with only 48 AP a day  swamp poop

Bazilisk the zombie has been killed a few times and is still level one, but hopefully I'll crack 100xp tomorrow.  Lurching Gait here I come!

John Carthage, military private, is also pretty close to level 2, and is definitely more fun than my unkillable zed.  Had a few close calls, but I've wandered into a police station in Central B., where every other building is lit up.  My main problem is finding zombies to gain xp off of. 

Seriously, a map that switches to permadeath for zombies (along with no revives) after a few weeks would be awesome.  I have no idea why the creator hasn't made one.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 08:39:31 PM

Well....  I've killed 5 or 6 zombies now, and almost level 9.  Holing up in a police station with a bunch of hospitals nearby.  Can't wait for headshot to put zombies down a weee bit longer!

It's funny,  I've search the police station a bunch of times and still haven't found a fucking shotgun.  I NEED a boomstick.
craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #58 on: November 13, 2008, 11:02:22 AM

I found 2 in a row during my last login.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #59 on: November 13, 2008, 11:08:08 AM

Finally found the goddamn Big Brother house.  It didn't help that I ended up going off the recorded map and couldn't figure out where the hell I was for a while.  It's CRAWLING with zombies at the moment.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Jerrith
Developers

Trion

Reply #60 on: November 14, 2008, 08:19:44 AM

Yeah, if you find somewhere with a television, you can watch it and see the only channel still broadcasting is the live feed from the diary room in the big brother house.  I looked earlier this morning - 29 zombies and some dead bodies.   No longer a safe place for the living to go.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 14, 2008, 09:05:38 AM

I'm holed up in Central Borehamwood. 5 more exp and I can get Basic Firearms Training. I'm considering leading a survivor group as I have intel on an organized zombie raid group.

Map:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Central_Borehamwood

IWitness:
http://iwitness.urbandead.info/ (NB! many familiar buttons from the game lead to spam)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 07:39:24 AM by Gets »
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 14, 2008, 04:49:30 PM

I died thanks to some careless drunken playing that left me outside my safehouse.

Anyway, I've restarted and I'm now known as Major Todd. I'm trekking from SE B-wood to SW B-wood in hopes of finding the spot I was in before.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #63 on: November 14, 2008, 07:07:24 PM

Let me know if you need help finding your way back. I'm also more than happy to trek out to you if you get hurt and need help getting back safely. I was actually wondering where you had gone.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #64 on: November 16, 2008, 01:03:48 AM

I'm in NE Borehamwood - if there is a place people are gathered, send me a PM and I'll make my way there.

There's a supermarket in N Borehamwood that would seem to be a great place to try to defend (not too far from a police station) - anyone in that area who could let me know if it is safe or z-infested?

climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: November 16, 2008, 01:37:47 PM

Let me know if you need help finding your way back. I'm also more than happy to trek out to you if you get hurt and need help getting back safely. I was actually wondering where you had gone.

I should be okay. PM me the name of the spot we were in though? I've been told that SW B-wood is 22 blocks wide, so hopefully South and SE B-wood are too. I should be able to make it in a day or two depending on how safe I play it.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #66 on: November 18, 2008, 10:41:25 AM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #67 on: November 18, 2008, 11:04:17 AM

I started one character as a zombie.  I think I'm a level 6 or 7 now.  Anyways, this morning I see civilian Big Ernie killed me and dumped my body outside in the street.  I suppose he was low on AP/No Construction because he only closed the doors behind him.  It felt good to stagger to my feet, fumble open the door, eat him, then close the door and lock him inside the building until a wandering zombie lets him out.  why so serious?

My apologies if anyone here is/was Big Ernie. 

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 18, 2008, 12:04:52 PM

My zombie is still slow going (not many people dumb enough to stay out in the streets and they're too hard to hit in dark open buildings) but my military private is zooming after he cleared that second level hump. 

And Craan, that's awesome.   awesome, for real
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: November 18, 2008, 04:24:16 PM

Hey, Nix!

I made it into the spot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Urban Dead - Borehamwood  
Jump to: