Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:05:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: High Level Armor Sets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: High Level Armor Sets  (Read 144627 times)
Cyclonic

Email
Reply #210 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:07 PM

Blah blah. Same post, different day.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:05:35 PM by schild »
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: October 25, 2008, 06:38:58 PM

Maybe you should play the damn game before you tell people they have no logic.

You can buy 1 piece of all the sets from vendors, the rest is thrown out into all the random bullshit you have to do in RVR PVE.

So, you can buy the gloves for each set, have fun with 1 piece!
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #212 on: October 25, 2008, 07:41:48 PM

Is this confirmed anywhere? Seems like a lot of anger over something i haven't seen a lot of evidence for.

This came from the Herald.

The worst part of this is i play with my gfs family and my future mother in law wont let me quit cause im their tank  :P

LOL. You are so fucked.

EDIT: In a good way mind you, if that's the worst a mother in law has in store you're in good shape.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Votan
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: October 25, 2008, 08:28:18 PM

This game just seems not very well thought out.  When I play it feels like badly done random pieces thrown together from other games with no rhyme or reason.  They seem to have invested a lot of time(majority) and resources on some very bad pve, rather than RVR.  Even if I get the lucky roll I still have to farm another 23 to get one warband geared and since it is random drop you could get a bad streak of getting the same shit over and over again, let alone the farming for the rest of my guild.  What in the hell are they thinking about...

Maybe I am just getting to old and have played to many of these POS MMO's to have fun with them anymore. 

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 09:29:14 PM by Votan »
Apone
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: October 26, 2008, 08:39:10 AM

A day in the Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade. I love the Corps.

Hahahahaha !  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Allright, sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows!

Stay frosty, people.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: October 26, 2008, 09:13:23 AM

I'm stunned at the stupidity of Mythic.

What, exactly, did Mark Jacobs mean when he acknowledged that ToA was a mistake?

I'm beginning to think that what he meant was that all of the unhappy players made a mistake by not supporting it, rather than that the design was flawed from the beginning. 

Mythic learned nothing from ToA.  WAR is ToA v. 2. 

waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: October 26, 2008, 10:41:22 AM

With all the dick-measuring MJ has done over the past month with WOW, Mythic is on the verge of doing something Blizzard never could or ever would; pissing all over their playerbase and shooting their game in the ass.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: October 26, 2008, 10:45:52 AM

My current theory is that MJ is a Blizzard employee hired 3 years ago to take rival EA down.  It is the only logical conclusion I can draw from the past months decisions.  (Which should be chronicled as some of the worst decision making in MMO history).
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #218 on: October 26, 2008, 11:51:23 AM

With all the dick-measuring MJ has done over the past month with WOW, Mythic is on the verge of doing something Blizzard never could or ever would; pissing all over their playerbase and shooting their game in the ass.

This font is weird.  I was wondering what "click measuring" was.  Figured it was some sort of technical term............

Then I realized, "oh, Dick measuring".  Too funny.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #219 on: October 26, 2008, 12:05:03 PM

My current theory is that MJ is a Blizzard employee hired 3 years ago to take rival EA down.  It is the only logical conclusion I can draw from the past months decisions.  (Which should be chronicled as some of the worst decision making in MMO history).

Every times he posts, this is what pops into my head:

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #220 on: October 26, 2008, 12:22:50 PM

Paul Barnett 24th October, You Tube video blog.

The future is bright apparently.  I think Paul is a pretty funny guy, sure he's plugging a game but he's always been watchable. 

This video did really amuse me though, probably for all the wrong reasons, hey keep lords give exp now!  Yeah about 3k exp, I can get that in about 3 minutes killing normal mobs, so I wouldn't really chose to do it via a 30 minute (undefended) keep siege, not counting the 10 or so minutes needed to pick and turn the quest in.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: October 26, 2008, 01:54:39 PM

A day in the Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade. I love the Corps.

Allright, sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows!

Hey Sarge. You'll get lip cancer smoking those things.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Apone
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: October 26, 2008, 04:32:14 PM

Hey Sarge. You'll get lip cancer smoking those things.

Look into my eye...  ;)

Stay frosty, people.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #223 on: October 26, 2008, 08:53:51 PM

Hudson: Is this game going to be a stand-up fight, sir, or another gear grind?

Mark Jacobs: Did you know that there are a total of 19 sets of armor available for each career? These armor sets can be found throughout the Warhammer world, and at higher levels can be incredibly helpful (if not imperative) for certain encounters.

Frost: Excuse me sir, what?

Mark Jacobs: On these high end sets, there are five pieces of armor which grant a 10% reduction in damage per piece when worn in specific endgame encounters, for a possible cumulative of around 50% reduction. With these set pieces, players can emerge victorious from what would otherwise be much more difficult battles.

Hicks: It's a gear grind.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Apone
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: October 26, 2008, 09:10:35 PM

Hudson: Is this game going to be a stand-up fight, sir, or another gear grind?

Mark Jacobs: Did you know that there are a total of 19 sets of armor available for each career? These armor sets can be found throughout the Warhammer world, and at higher levels can be incredibly helpful (if not imperative) for certain encounters.

Frost: Excuse me sir, what?

Mark Jacobs: On these high end sets, there are five pieces of armor which grant a 10% reduction in damage per piece when worn in specific endgame encounters, for a possible cumulative of around 50% reduction. With these set pieces, players can emerge victorious from what would otherwise be much more difficult battles.

Hicks: It's a gear grind.

Hudson: Well that's great, that's just fuckin' great, man. Now what the fuck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man...

Hicks: Are you finished?

Hudson: That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

Ripley: How long after f13 drops the mofo in the graveyard can we expect a rescue?

Hicks: [pause] Seventeen days.

Hudson: Seventeen days? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen *hours!* Half my guild already canceled their subs and shit, what the fuck?

Stay frosty, people.
Zupa
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: October 26, 2008, 09:27:44 PM

Ripley:  my 8 year old little brother survived longer than that with no guild, and no scenario pops...

So you better just start dealing with it. 

Just deal with it, Hudson...because we need your subscription and I'm tired of your bullshit. 

Now get on a PC and call up some kind of public quest, solo quest, or grind spot, anything that shows us the layout of this cockblock.

I want to see xp / mob, xp / hour, every possible way into this end game...

It's meant to be "War is Everywhere!", not "Grind, Bitches!".
        - UnSub 25/10/2008
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #226 on: October 26, 2008, 10:08:47 PM

Hudson: Let's just bug out and go back to WoW, okay? What are we talking about this for?

Ripley: I say we take off and nuke the entire game from the forums. It's the only way to be sure.

Hudson: Fuckin' A!

Burke: Hold on, hold on one second. Our subscriptions have a substantial dollar value attached to them...

Ripley: They can bill me!

EDIT: Ripley vs Apone
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:13:50 PM by WindupAtheist »

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
FellintoOblivion

Email
Reply #227 on: October 27, 2008, 06:23:10 AM

Paul Barnett 24th October, You Tube video blog.

The future is bright apparently.  I think Paul is a pretty funny guy, sure he's plugging a game but he's always been watchable. 

This video did really amuse me though, probably for all the wrong reasons, hey keep lords give exp now!  Yeah about 3k exp, I can get that in about 3 minutes killing normal mobs, so I wouldn't really chose to do it via a 30 minute (undefended) keep siege, not counting the 10 or so minutes needed to pick and turn the quest in.

He's about as watchable as my cat taking a dump on top of the dump my other cat just took to re-mark his territory.

His "Look at me! I'm English, have an accent and say crazy things" shtick got old faster then grinding the first stage of PQs for shitty potion rewards.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #228 on: October 27, 2008, 09:54:02 AM

I would be surprised if having an accent and being from another country than the one you're from was part of a routine. But maybe all those crazy foreigners are just doing that accent stuff to infuriate people who can't house train their cats.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: October 27, 2008, 10:27:00 AM

I would be surprised if having an accent and being from another country than the one you're from was part of a routine. But maybe all those crazy foreigners are just doing that accent stuff to infuriate people who can't house train their cats.

Like this guy?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #230 on: October 27, 2008, 10:56:30 AM

Are you sure that our marriage isn't part of your "shtick"?    What would happen to our pussies?

Also - what about Canadians?

Also also - Zupa is soup.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: October 27, 2008, 11:26:54 AM

No. But that is a schtick. It's the Games Workshop schtick. It's why they make machinegun noises in their shops with their mouths. It's chokably obnoxious.
FellintoOblivion

Email
Reply #232 on: October 27, 2008, 11:28:56 AM

I didn't say his accent is an act, I said his personality is. Oh and yes, my cats must be shitting all over my floor. Someone should invent some type of box that holds litter. They would make millions.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: October 27, 2008, 11:47:27 AM

My favorite part is the expression he flashes when "Community James" provides a stock answer to what game he's been playing.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #234 on: October 27, 2008, 05:56:15 PM

My favorite words in the English language are "I told you so".

So I am glad once again to have a chance to use those words. This is pretty much *precisely* what I was trying to tell people during the beta who were saying, "Don't worry, the game isn't gear-dependent, and it won't be in the future, it's not designed that way." Gear dependent cockblocks are what devs do when they're cornered and have run out of ideas, or where the ideas they do have will be too expensive or too difficult to execute.

This isn't the right 'told-you-so' for what those people (or at least me) thought they were arguing about. The sort of gear dependency I was talking about personally in those threads was the difference between gear in DAOC and gear in WoW; while it mattered in both, in DAOC once you were at cap everyone kind of sat around the same territory stat-budget wise, as opposed to WoW where it keeps spiraling up to infinity.

This is just a out-of-nowhere bizarro you-must-have-an-Onyxia-cloak-for-Nefarian style thing, which isn't what I was talking about at all, and is, if anything, amazingly far more stupid than what the argument was about back then.

My point was that something like TOA happens because developers come up against design problems that they find too hard, too complicated or too expensive to solve, and so they insert a gear-dependent block of some kind in the game that is designed in their view to suck up catass energies. It doesn't matter where exactly that catass gear is inserted into the design, really. And you guys said, "Oh, that's not an inevitable part of Diku design, and Mythic is really clear that this isn't part of the vision for Warhammer."

I apparently completely misunderstood your point; at the time all I was arguing about was the effect of gear on PVP balance. This is a gated content/access issue. The gate could be anything, or nothing, it doesn't have to be gear and it doesn't have to be a Diku to have it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: October 29, 2008, 02:35:46 AM

http://www.wardb.com/item.aspx?id=435356
"...complete 5 Enemy King Captures"

Did I miss something? Was this ninja'd or wut the hell?
Desparity
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: October 29, 2008, 02:46:00 AM

http://www.wardb.com/item.aspx?id=435356
"...complete 5 Enemy King Captures"

Did I miss something? Was this ninja'd or wut the hell?

It is the Renown rank 75 gear you can buy from a vendor after you have obtained the rank needed and done 5 King captures which is the RVR endgame of this game.
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: October 29, 2008, 02:52:22 AM

I see. So, it's not rolls anymore or what?
Desparity
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: October 29, 2008, 02:57:59 AM

I see. So, it's not rolls anymore or what?

You will allways be able to buy a few pieces from a vendor according to your current renown rank but alot the other pieces you will need to roll it out over the King capture during the Capital sieges which you need to kill a Fortress lord to trigger.
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: October 29, 2008, 02:59:28 AM

So, which sets/pieces are rolls required?

ps: im lazy (just a lil)
Desparity
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: October 29, 2008, 03:29:00 AM

So, which sets/pieces are rolls required?

ps: im lazy (just a lil)

You can normaly buy Gloves\shoulders regardless and the jewelery pieces rest of the set pieces drops in various places.

Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: October 29, 2008, 03:43:47 AM

you can get boots from players and gloves from vendors

rest of sets (helm/bp/shoulders and looks like conqueror+ has a belt) are rolled

annihilator - keep taking
conqueror - fortress taking
invader - invader pqs in city
warlord - sub bosses in contested cities - there is accessories for this set too on vendors, no other set has accessories afaik
then the final set which you see, you need 5 king wins for

all the "rolled" pieces are from gold bags and each gold bag has a random piece in my experience, so you could go for the rest of your days getting all breastplates from gold bags thanks to RNG
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 03:50:52 AM by Pringles »
deadlyanteater
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: October 29, 2008, 11:20:33 AM

The worst thing is I got my sentinal helm last night... level 40 purple... and its a downgrade from my direhelm of the wisp, a level 37 blue from the auction house.

how ghey is that?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: October 29, 2008, 11:33:05 AM

The worst thing is I got my sentinal helm last night... level 40 purple... and its a downgrade from my direhelm of the wisp, a level 37 blue from the auction house.

how ghey is that?

Ghey? Very.  Surprising? Not.

I think we should set up warbands to camp the auction house.  It drops some nice loot. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
deadlyanteater
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: October 29, 2008, 12:03:18 PM

how ghey is that?

Ghey? Very.  Surprising? Not.

I think we should set up warbands to camp the auction house.  It drops some nice loot. 

I think that's how the gold farmers make a comeback.

Farm for loot.  then offer to sell it in tells on the cheap.

It'd be the only reasonable way to get decent gear.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: High Level Armor Sets  
Jump to: