Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:59:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: High Level Armor Sets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: High Level Armor Sets  (Read 144503 times)
GoodIdea
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: October 31, 2008, 03:30:03 PM

Grinding for gear in WAR is not different from any other game, including WOW. All MMOs have some kind of carrot and in WAR, the renown carrot alone is not enough. There has to be a gear related carrot.

If you don't like gear grinds, don't tell me you're going back to WOW because that's all it is. On my warrior, I had a frost and nature resistance set of gear (Hydross), a shadow resistance gear set (BT), FR set (pre-BC), DPS set of gear, and a tanking set of gear that was in three tiers (T4, T5, T6) just like WAR is. If you think about it, the amount of gear that WAR is saying you can grind is quite small compared to WOW.

Forts and cities will be fun, but just open rvr is fun at the moment, so I'm not going to worry about the gear grind for now, just enjoy the game.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #246 on: October 31, 2008, 03:57:05 PM

If you don't like gear grinds, don't tell me you're going back to WOW because that's all it is. On my warrior, I had a frost and nature resistance set of gear (Hydross), a shadow resistance gear set (BT), FR set (pre-BC), DPS set of gear, and a tanking set of gear that was in three tiers (T4, T5, T6) just like WAR is. If you think about it, the amount of gear that WAR is saying you can grind is quite small compared to WOW.

WoW's gear grind is something I find enjoyable (within reason), so I certainly don't mind going and doing that, as that is the purpose of the game. WAR's PvE is a pile of poop compared to its RvR and I am not at all interested in grinding the shitty part to do the fun part. The part that's supposed to be the focus.

I also disagree that you have to have this gear grind bullshit as a carrot. But then, I played DAoC, and pretty much everyone marks the real beginning of the End for that game with ToA, the expansion that added in gear grinding carrot bullshit.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: High Level Armor Sets  
Jump to: