Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:44:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Watchmen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Watchmen  (Read 101711 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: February 04, 2010, 11:19:25 AM

Lets speculate about the plot.

Doc Manhatten is drawn back to earth by his infinite love for whatshername and they have a moody teenage son that sparkles in the sunlight. He longs for a girl in his class but he cant dare kiss her because of his dark secret. In the meantime Rorschach's atoms infects everyone and turns into thousands of Rorschach clones and Night owl is forced to fight him to allow the guardian of reality to reset everything and save humanity from the war with the robots that Ozy invented.

You know, I was trying to think of a sequel that could do any justice to the themes of the Watchmen and not be a total cash-in. The best I can come up with is Rorsharch's journal causing all of Ozzy's work to collapse in on itself leading to some kind of superhero witchhunt. But really, it's just be resetting the stage to back where Watchmen 1 started.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: February 04, 2010, 12:47:23 PM

Hey yeah let's do sequels!

Hamlet II:  Back from the Dead

"Alas poor Yorwick, this time it's personal."
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: February 04, 2010, 01:04:57 PM

Lets speculate about the plot.

Doc Manhatten is drawn back to earth by his infinite love for whatshername and they have a moody teenage son that sparkles in the sunlight. He longs for a girl in his class but he cant dare kiss her because of his dark secret. In the meantime Rorschach's atoms infects everyone and turns into thousands of Rorschach clones and Night owl is forced to fight him to allow the guardian of reality to reset everything and save humanity from the war with the robots that Ozy invented.

Impossible. Doctor Manhattan ejaculates uranium.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #423 on: February 04, 2010, 01:20:11 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosencrantz_and_Guildenstern_Are_Dead  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: February 05, 2010, 01:29:08 AM

I really need to watch that play one of these days. Along with waiting for Godot.

edit: Actually, as far as I know that is no pre/sequell per se, but rather the same story from a different perspective. Which I find interesting. Maybe just not with this particular movie.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:30:42 AM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #425 on: February 05, 2010, 08:01:53 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosencrantz_and_Guildenstern_Are_Dead  awesome, for real

I think you meant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosencrantz_and_Guildenstern_Are_Undead

As it happens, I'm going to see this tonight.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #426 on: February 05, 2010, 08:22:15 AM

I really need to watch that play one of these days. Along with waiting for Godot.

edit: Actually, as far as I know that is no pre/sequell per se, but rather the same story from a different perspective. Which I find interesting. Maybe just not with this particular movie.
Yeah, I know its not a strict sequel, but still an independent follow up/fanfiction. ;)  I just thought it was funny he brought up Hamlet as the example when there is in fact a highly rated follow up to the story, heh.

And who knows, maybe the Watchmen sequel will actually just be a telling of the Watchmen story from the view of the bad guys or something.     awesome, for real
I think you meant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosencrantz_and_Guildenstern_Are_Undead

As it happens, I'm going to see this tonight.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Haha, thats awesome.  Thanks for making me aware of that.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: February 05, 2010, 02:07:01 PM

I thought it was more likely to be a prequel, possibly following the exploits of the Golden Age heroes and all that intrigue suggested in the comic.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: February 05, 2010, 04:44:50 PM

Nobody makes a big budget movie without franchise potential. The source material is just a springboard.

Having said that, there's no way they can make the right sequel without a new graphic novel done entirely for the comic audience and being left as a fringe cultural icon for 20 years smiley
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #429 on: February 06, 2010, 07:22:00 AM

Nobody makes a big budget movie without franchise potential. The source material is just a springboard.

Having said that, there's no way they can make the right sequel without a new graphic novel done entirely for the comic audience and being left as a fringe cultural icon for 20 years smiley

While there might end up being sequel or spin-off comics, there probably won't be a movie.  Watchmen (the movie) wasn't a big hit by any means, and any potential follow-up would likely do even worse.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Watchmen  
Jump to: