Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102447 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #11970 on: October 31, 2011, 02:52:25 PM

I'd just like to be the first to predict the upcoming lightbows and lightarrows.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Laser guns and lasers seem to already fit that description...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11971 on: October 31, 2011, 02:57:21 PM

I'd just like to be the first to predict the upcoming lightbows and lightarrows.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I was always a fan of Chewy's crossbow.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11972 on: October 31, 2011, 03:20:49 PM

Why not? Tabula Rasa has Laser Shotguns  why so serious?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11973 on: October 31, 2011, 03:31:12 PM

Had  Heartbreak

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #11974 on: October 31, 2011, 03:31:42 PM

They will just throw these lighsabers really, really often why so serious?

edit: i stand corrected; there's apparently no idea bad enough that wasn't made part of Star Wars already.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:38:12 PM by tmp »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11975 on: October 31, 2011, 04:01:08 PM

I was always a fan of Chewy's crossbow.

It's called a bowcaster....

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11976 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:21 PM

Can we discuss class roles without "like x in wow" as if we're mentally handicapped and unable to understand the difference between ranged dps and melee dps? Trying to shoehorn mmo discussion into one shitty (yet popular) mmo's shoes is GETTING FUCKING OLD.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11977 on: October 31, 2011, 04:55:25 PM

Had  Heartbreak
Oops, yeah that was what I meant to type. I think I'll go reminisce about how much fun defending CPs was, and how many times I one-shotted myself trying to backstab Linkers on my Spy.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #11978 on: October 31, 2011, 05:01:30 PM

I used to wonder if my love for eps 4-6 and hate for eps 1-3 was based on my age.  Then one day I rewatched TPM and this scene made it crystal clear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddpTlzzgtrA

Not only is that SO not how even a jedi should react to almost being eaten by a huge monster, but what happens not thirty seconds later?  THEY ARE CHASED BY ANOTHER LARGE CREATURE THAT IS EATEN BY A LARGER CREATURE.  FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

Ah, much better  smiley
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #11979 on: October 31, 2011, 07:48:37 PM

Can we discuss class roles without "like x in wow" as if we're mentally handicapped and unable to understand the difference between ranged dps and melee dps? Trying to shoehorn mmo discussion into one shitty (yet popular) mmo's shoes is GETTING FUCKING OLD.

Unlikely. When something redefines a genre for the masses, the nomenclature gets used. Sorry.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11980 on: October 31, 2011, 07:59:41 PM

So...because the "masses" had the genre redefined, we all have to use baby-talk here, too?

Because I know what a ranged dps is without 'you know, like a hunter'.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11981 on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:46 PM

It's really hard to use ranged dps vs. melee dps?  Everyone I know uses those terms. 

Edit:
Then again Paelos is obsessed with WOW; given all those "Why I quit Today" posts for over 3 months of stalking.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11982 on: October 31, 2011, 08:08:05 PM

Ranged damage is perfectly viable in ToR.  You can be force or Dakka and even tank! 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11983 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34:27 PM

Saying something is Ranged DPS or Melee DPS isn't saying very much though.

An Shadow Priest and a Elemental Shaman are both ranged DPS, but they don't play anything like each other for example.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11984 on: October 31, 2011, 08:54:54 PM

Those comments do not exist in a vacuum.  We are not talking about theory or alpha builds.  Significant information exists on the various classes and functions.  At this stage, smuggler or commando should be clear enough that using simple expressions is adequate enough.  Going further is going to be NDA though, right? 
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11985 on: November 01, 2011, 03:02:33 AM

If you are going to limit yourself to wow vocabulary you are going to a hard time discussing anything that happened in the genre post EQ.

But whatever, this easily the most retarded derail in 340 pages.

I heard troopers suck because how can a stormtrooper be as cool as a jedi?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #11986 on: November 01, 2011, 05:33:54 AM

An Shadow Priest and a Elemental Shaman are both ranged DPS, but they don't play anything like each other for example.

Yeah, because everything can be clearly defined in terms of what it most resembles in wow.  Because WoW created all the canonical forms and thus everything can only be variation on the type.

Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break. From. This. Myopic. Bullshit.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #11987 on: November 01, 2011, 05:52:11 AM

So, - 50 days to release.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #11988 on: November 01, 2011, 06:20:59 AM

So, - 50 days to release.

And 57 pages to 400. A page or more a day folks - that's what we're aiming for.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11989 on: November 01, 2011, 06:36:53 AM

Why do you guys bemoan "Standard" MMORPG classes/designs, but then bitch there is no "Pure" <insert class spec here>...?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11990 on: November 01, 2011, 06:48:07 AM

Why do you guys bemoan "Standard" MMORPG classes/designs, but then bitch there is no "Pure" <insert class spec here>...?

Welcome to f13.  Are you new here?  why so serious?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11991 on: November 01, 2011, 06:51:28 AM

And 57 pages to 400. A page or more a day folks - that's what we're aiming for.
Doing my best  why so serious?
But whatever, this easily the most retarded derail in 340 pages.
WINNING
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:11:32 AM by Sky »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11992 on: November 01, 2011, 06:52:31 AM

Welcome to f13.  Are you new here?  why so serious?

Occasionally I wake up.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11993 on: November 01, 2011, 07:16:38 AM

That's just a silly thing to say.  When you're talking about video games, Ranged/Melee is perfectly fine.  When talking about WOW you're allowed to qualify.  If we're not talking about WOW, no one gives a shit.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #11994 on: November 01, 2011, 07:20:59 AM

Here's a shocker, you old farts: not everyone who played MMOGs knows about D&D, UO, EQ, DAOC, or whatever. They know WoW and that was their introduction to the whole damn thing. They don't care about RPG "roots" or have ever seen a monster manual or class sheet.

It's not baby-talk or insulting to use those terms when describing rehashed class mechanics with sci-fi skins. Get over yourselves.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11995 on: November 01, 2011, 07:25:48 AM

It is here.

If you're on f13 and don't know anything other than WoW, either educate yourself or GTFO.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11996 on: November 01, 2011, 07:30:48 AM

Here's a shocker, you old farts: not everyone who played MMOGs knows about D&D, UO, EQ, DAOC, or whatever. They know WoW and that was their introduction to the whole damn thing. They don't care about RPG "roots" or have ever seen a monster manual or class sheet.

It's not baby-talk or insulting to use those terms when describing rehashed class mechanics with sci-fi skins. Get over yourselves.

That's just retarded.  Even in WOW speak different specs mean different things depending on when you last played.  So it's stupid anyway.

It is here.

If you're on f13 and don't know anything other than WoW, either educate yourself or GTFO.

Also this.  If you're too retarded to understand what Ranged DPS and Melee DPS mean then fuck off. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #11997 on: November 01, 2011, 07:33:48 AM

It is here.

Educate yourself on what? The glory of things before? Point me in the direction of those games please.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11998 on: November 01, 2011, 07:34:59 AM

Also this.  If you're too retarded to understand what Ranged DPS and Melee DPS mean then fuck off. 

Perhaps we should establish some 'guidelines' and sticky them?  why so serious?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11999 on: November 01, 2011, 07:51:16 AM

It is here.

Educate yourself on what? The glory of things before? Point me in the direction of those games please.

Educate yourself on the fact that WoW did not invent any of that shit. It took it all and dumbed it down for the fucktarded masses. All of us "old farts" know that and so do you.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12000 on: November 01, 2011, 07:56:43 AM

Its still rather complicated for anyone who did not grow up on DnD. Hell, its still complicated for anyone.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12001 on: November 01, 2011, 07:58:55 AM

Educate yourself on the fact that WoW did not invent any of that shit. It took it all and dumbed it down for the fucktarded masses. All of us "old farts" know that and so do you.

I find that comment especially hilarious from a man with a Steve Jobs avatar.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12002 on: November 01, 2011, 08:30:17 AM

If anything, I'd couch things in Rift terms if we really need to add a layer of example to the raw terms. It's at least modern and varied.

I used shoehorning quite intentionally, since I've seen a lot of 'well, it's kinda like a shadow priest but also with a dildo mage' (I don't play wow, I don't know the jive). How about 'it's a ranged tank with some cc and a heat buildup mechanism that also excels at taunting at close range'. You know, the game we're actually discussing.

I do love the irony of using a 7 yr old game as an example of not knowing about older games. Your info, sehr modern!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12003 on: November 01, 2011, 08:36:58 AM

I'm using the game that had millions of players as the example.

Sorta like how people compare compact cars to the Camry. Or how people compare phone features to the Iphone. Or how people compare baseball teams to the Yankees. Or how compare operating systems to Windows. Or how people compare investors to Warren Buffett.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12004 on: November 01, 2011, 08:54:20 AM

I find that comment especially hilarious from a man with a Steve Jobs avatar.

You would, but then again, you apparently can't tell the difference between inspired usability and specifically made-for-the-unwashed-masses mediocrity, so go figure.

Still, I don't blame you for your Stockholm syndrome.

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: