Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:53:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102467 times)
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #11795 on: October 26, 2011, 06:47:12 PM

Tribute runs were awesome.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11796 on: October 26, 2011, 07:14:28 PM

Yay, love a good narwhal siting!

As far as balancing TEH AEWSUM EVILLLL and lolboyscouts; you could take a page from Rift and make both sides generic.

Yes, but then people die from boredom because "holy crap this is so generic it makes my eyes roll into the back of my head and I pass out from the Dull." Plus it's Star Wars, you either kick puppies or save them, THE END.

What if the only way to save them IS to kick them!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #11797 on: October 26, 2011, 10:34:06 PM

"LFM Hammer Team speed run, must have 350+ Electronics".

Gearscore 2000+ only.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #11798 on: October 27, 2011, 03:38:28 AM

Yeah this pretty much.

It'll be like 3 guildmates and 1 random guy, "Hey so an so, you have 300 salvage?" "No" *kick*

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #11799 on: October 27, 2011, 04:05:44 AM

That would be what we call nuanced and deep story.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11800 on: October 27, 2011, 05:31:31 AM

Player generated content!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11801 on: October 27, 2011, 06:42:35 AM

Gearscore 2000+ only.
I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of people that will drag the game down to this level after having been trained in WoW.

I plan on having a healthy ignore list, because if you resist the urge to LCD the game, it's really something amazing.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11802 on: October 27, 2011, 06:49:49 AM

Still no beta invite for Luckton cry

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11803 on: October 27, 2011, 07:05:00 AM

Same here... but I am oddly ok with it and suspect I may get more mileage out of the purchase than if I was in beta.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11804 on: October 27, 2011, 07:15:52 AM

I'm just lookin' for something to tide me over till release...was gonna play a class that I wasn't going to play at live, like Jedi or Sith  why so serious?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #11805 on: October 27, 2011, 07:21:14 AM

I'm just lookin' for something to tide me over till release...was gonna play a class that I wasn't going to play at live, like Jedi or Sith  why so serious?

I'd suggest Minecraft.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #11806 on: October 27, 2011, 07:48:57 AM

You might get lucky if it is still in beta when it's released.  That way you won't miss out on all the fun.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11807 on: October 27, 2011, 08:53:42 AM

Are you sure http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29101  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #11808 on: October 27, 2011, 09:23:06 AM

You should probably change your user name

I suggest Badluckton
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11809 on: October 27, 2011, 09:37:16 AM

You should probably change your user name

I suggest Badluckton

VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #11810 on: October 27, 2011, 11:53:48 AM

"Origin is currently experiencing issues with game activation.

We're aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Facepalm

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Terracotta Army

Reply #11811 on: October 27, 2011, 11:58:31 AM

"Origin is currently experiencing issues with game activation.

We're aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Facepalm

They were not prepared! Did I do it right?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11812 on: October 27, 2011, 12:03:00 PM

That's what happens when these guys are your IT support:

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11813 on: October 27, 2011, 12:14:28 PM

Those guys are totally in the game btw.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11814 on: October 27, 2011, 12:17:09 PM

I'm happy they are forcing themselves to beta Origin with BF3 first :)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11815 on: October 27, 2011, 12:26:42 PM

Same thing happened with steam.

Origin will do fine so long as they keep to blaming others for their transparent policy of Origin exclusive on everything.

Just because EA are evil, that doesn't mean they aren't effective.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11816 on: October 27, 2011, 12:45:14 PM

I'd suggest Minecraft.

Or World of Kersplos.. I mean Tanks.

It's scratching an itch nicely.  A decent balance of grind and action all at once... but easily left behind so you aren't worrying "damnit I'm not maxing my xp/ hour!"

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #11817 on: October 27, 2011, 07:01:51 PM

Even the non-CE sales are being limited at launch, remember?

In case you aren't being sarcastic, that's a marketing strategy.  Saying it's limited.  Both of Howard Stern's book releases come to mind..."guys I don't know if we printed enough books.  Better hurry to the store."

I suspect you guys will come back with some pretty specific info that I missed, but that line always makes me skeptical.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #11818 on: October 27, 2011, 07:06:33 PM

Even the non-CE sales are being limited at launch, remember?

In case you aren't being sarcastic, that's a marketing strategy.  Saying it's limited.  Both of Howard Stern's book releases come to mind..."guys I don't know if we printed enough books.  Better hurry to the store."

I suspect you guys will come back with some pretty specific info that I missed, but that line always makes me skeptical.

They specifically stated they were limiting the number of launch copies so the launch experience was good, rather than over crowded and a cluster fuck for the servers, or something.  If its true, I can't say its a bad idea, launch day is a bit of mess usually, if they have a strategy for keeping buzz positive by avoided crashes queues, etc.  Its probably a good idea.
Terracotta Army

Reply #11819 on: October 27, 2011, 07:58:47 PM

They specifically stated they were limiting the number of launch copies so the launch experience was good, rather than over crowded and a cluster fuck for the servers, or something.  If its true, I can't say its a bad idea, launch day is a bit of mess usually, if they have a strategy for keeping buzz positive by avoided crashes queues, etc.  Its probably a good idea.

Meh. From a seasoned player perspective, I agree with you. But business dictates sell as many boxes as possible - server stability is couched under the clause "Game experience may change during online play." YMMV.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11820 on: October 27, 2011, 08:53:45 PM

Retention is a big part of the business in MMOs. They may feel they have a better chance to get some initial retention this way.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11821 on: October 27, 2011, 10:47:57 PM

Thats what I thought about Trooper...until I played it. Heart
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11822 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:25 PM

Thats what I thought about Trooper...until I played it. Heart

I played a trooper because I planned on playing a BH.  Now I have to roll a trooper at some point just to finish the story. 
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #11823 on: October 28, 2011, 12:37:23 AM

Yeah this pretty much.

It'll be like 3 guildmates and 1 random guy, "Hey so an so, you have 300 salvage?" "No" *kick*

It'll be like the DDO dungeons - sprint to the secret door, then the next, clear the room, disarm the trap, find the final secret door, boss fight and out.

Retention is a big part of the business in MMOs. They may feel they have a better chance to get some initial retention this way.

My thoughts are that they are releasing it a week before Xmas so I'm expecting launch copies will be "limited" in that there will be fewer copies available than there are atoms in the known universe.

In some ways a December launch is clever because the likelihood of being replaced by another big launch in January is limited. Plus a lot of copies will be sold as Xmas gifts.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #11824 on: October 28, 2011, 01:34:10 AM

I understood that the pre-order limit was in place more for reasons of limiting the numbers who get early access rather than who gets access at launch. There appear to be plenty of places that you can pre-order the game but not get an early access code (and I don't mean just dubious small online shops - I mean dubious large corporations as well).

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11825 on: October 28, 2011, 02:31:43 AM

Pretty sure you're right...I doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot by not having unlimited amounts on the shelves in time for Christmas.

Besides, it isn't like people who aren't allowed in the early access will then turn around and not buy the game.  At least, not in any substantial number.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

Reply #11826 on: October 28, 2011, 03:51:58 AM

Pretty sure you're right...I doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot by not having unlimited amounts on the shelves in time for Christmas.

Besides, it isn't like people who aren't allowed in the early access will then turn around and not buy the game.  At least, not in any substantial number.

Yeah this is not an iPhone where quantities can be limited, especially given the wide spread availability of digital download. Gating purchases would leave a worst taste in the mouth and create all sorts of bad things than server roll backs/restarts/rubberbanding/etc. And it is holiday break for the kids... you honestly think BW and their overlords would overlook it. I get the retention thing, but I would bet retention has more to do with how much your game has to offer rather than a shaky server for a week or two.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11827 on: October 28, 2011, 04:07:39 AM

New article from IGN on setting up and exploring the environment.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210903p1.html

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11828 on: October 28, 2011, 04:42:00 AM

Considering they're "limiting" themselves to way more copies out there than WAR, AoC, or Rift had players in the first month, it's not exactly rare.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #11829 on: October 28, 2011, 06:26:52 AM

The release date is also pretty smart because a lot of folks will be doing holiday activities and thus not be stressing the servers quite as much as a release a week before or after.

On the topic of playing the class you're least interested in: I fell in love with the class I had mocked most in this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: