Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:31:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102204 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11655 on: October 22, 2011, 06:26:15 AM

According to BWA, that's not gonna happen.

And on the forums, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11656 on: October 22, 2011, 06:27:12 AM

Please, like they'll pass on free money.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11657 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:21 AM

Yeah the sense I get from real-life acquaintances is that they have, along with everyone on the planet, heard of WoW but for various reasons ranging from 'lawl nerdy fantasy' to  just no interest in the setting weren't going to play it. 

Star Wars, on the other hand, is something they seem entirely willing to eagerly jump into to find out what's the deal with this mumorporg thing.
Star Wars is considered less nerdy than Warcraft? I would think they are on the same level.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11658 on: October 22, 2011, 06:47:21 AM

ACK!

That's quite surprising, to say the least. I'm curious if it's BW taking a stand or just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the CE. It should be interesting to see if they keep their stance on it after a few months when people are begging to throw money at them for it; I just can't see EA saying "No, we're sticking by our principles, keep your money."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #11659 on: October 22, 2011, 06:48:34 AM

No, that's like saying "transformers" are nerdy.  For most people they are just extremely popular mainstream movies that they loved, not some incredibly nerdy fandom.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11660 on: October 22, 2011, 07:05:12 AM

Yeah the sense I get from real-life acquaintances is that they have, along with everyone on the planet, heard of WoW but for various reasons ranging from 'lawl nerdy fantasy' to  just no interest in the setting weren't going to play it. 

Star Wars, on the other hand, is something they seem entirely willing to eagerly jump into to find out what's the deal with this mumorporg thing.
Star Wars is considered less nerdy than Warcraft? I would think they are on the same level.

Star Wars is popular culture at this point. My Mother knows what Star Wars is, I could not say the same thing about Warcraft.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #11661 on: October 22, 2011, 07:09:54 AM

Star Wars is popular culture at this point. My Mother knows what Star Wars is, I could not say the same thing about Warcraft.

Hell, my mother and my wife and my wife's mother have all seen Star Wars, even the new episodes.  None of them have a clue what Warcraft is and only vague ideas of what Transformers is.  My mom probably remembers buying me some transformers 30 years ago.  Maybe.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #11662 on: October 22, 2011, 07:47:55 AM

ACK!

That's quite surprising, to say the least. I'm curious if it's BW taking a stand or just a marketing ploy to get people to buy the CE. It should be interesting to see if they keep their stance on it after a few months when people are begging to throw money at them for it; I just can't see EA saying "No, we're sticking by our principles, keep your money."

The trick will be to not allow exactly what the Collector's Edition gets, but a renamed version that is almost identical. Depends what is exactly in those stores though.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11663 on: October 22, 2011, 09:00:59 AM

ACK!

The trick will be to not allow exactly what the Collector's Edition gets, but a renamed version that is almost identical. Depends what is exactly in those stores though.

IMO the trick is to make a new premium store, with mostly similar items and unique fuzzy pets.

So you can skim another $whatever off the CE folks ;)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11664 on: October 22, 2011, 09:09:20 AM

ACK!

IMO the trick is to make a new premium store, with mostly similar items and unique fuzzy pets.

So you can skim another $whatever off the CE folks ;)

Bingo.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #11665 on: October 22, 2011, 02:57:35 PM

They have to say that no matter what at this point.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11666 on: October 22, 2011, 03:57:27 PM

They have to say that no matter what at this point.

This.  As with any MMO ever developed, one of the golden rules has always been:

"The answer is always no* unless otherwise specified.  To say yes and then take it back is a slap in the face."

*At least until we either figure out how to do it or give in to our demons.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #11667 on: October 22, 2011, 05:05:15 PM

If you want to "live in the world" of star wars it's still nerdy, as is playing WoW. It's going to see a lot of money on the screen that isn't.

I'm still amazed Star Wars has survived the last movies and all the exploitation of the IP though. But I guess that's part of it being so mainstream, it can be famous for being famous even if it's not very good.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11668 on: October 22, 2011, 06:08:43 PM

Well that's the thing, SWTOR is much closer to watching a movie then living in the world.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11669 on: October 22, 2011, 08:27:41 PM

I'm still amazed Star Wars has survived the last movies and all the exploitation of the IP though. But I guess that's part of it being so mainstream, it can be famous for being famous even if it's not very good.

Because sci-fi is less nerdy than elves and dragon fantasy of course!   awesome, for real
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11670 on: October 22, 2011, 09:09:59 PM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11671 on: October 23, 2011, 10:06:33 AM

Any boxed internet game is nerdy as fuck no matter how you cut it.

To normal people wow and swtor are indistinguishable.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11672 on: October 23, 2011, 11:15:20 AM

Any boxed internet game is nerdy as fuck no matter how you cut it.

To normal people wow and swtor are indistinguishable.

The acid test for nerdiness is whether or not you'd discuss it on a date with a hot woman.  If the answer is "fuck no, I'd never bring it up", then it's probably nerdy.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11673 on: October 23, 2011, 11:26:54 AM

Have you people not been paying attention to the landscape lately? The number of hot women that actually go for that shit has gone up considerably in the past few years.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11674 on: October 23, 2011, 11:31:53 AM

Have you people not been paying attention to the landscape lately? The number of hot women that actually go for that shit has gone up considerably in the past few years.

When you start at 0, anything is an increase.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11675 on: October 23, 2011, 11:41:05 AM

But it was never really at 0. There's always been at least a small population of hot geek women. With the rise of the internets, they've seen that they don't have to hide the geekiness.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11676 on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:53 AM

Now seriously, apply the test.

You are on a first date with a hot woman you suspect of also being a geek.

You have a variety of interests, experiences, hobbies, and ambitions from which to select conversation topics.

Are you going to select your level 48 Imperial Agent as a topic for discussion?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11677 on: October 23, 2011, 11:54:12 AM

Nope. But I did show her a picture of the last lightsaber I'd built.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11678 on: October 23, 2011, 11:58:49 AM

Or you could ask if they do any gaming without being super specific. 
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11679 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:37 PM

You saw "lightsabre", she saw "employable skills, has hobby that can easily be confined to the garage, good with hands, useful to have around if a fuse blows, may be able to fix hair dryer, can probably be trusted not to burn home down".

None of this translates well to the Eternity Vault raiding scene.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11680 on: October 23, 2011, 12:09:15 PM

And nobody's asking anyone to raid the eternity vault.

I said geeky, not hopeless.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11681 on: October 23, 2011, 12:45:32 PM

She's going to find out about the imperial agent eventually.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #11682 on: October 23, 2011, 01:13:03 PM

But it was never really at 0. There's always been at least a small population of hot geek women. With the rise of the internets, they've seen that they don't have to hide the geekiness.

I don't know if I would describe myself as "hot," but I am always amused at the repeated insistence I do not, nor will I ever, exist.

God Save the Horn Players
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11683 on: October 23, 2011, 01:34:48 PM

I don't know if I would describe myself as "hot," but I am always amused at the repeated insistence I do not, nor will I ever, exist.

Well, of course you don't exist. There's no girls on the interbutts.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11684 on: October 23, 2011, 02:34:20 PM

I continue to be amazed that some of you are single.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11685 on: October 23, 2011, 04:13:05 PM

If she doesn't want to talk about my level 48 Imperial Agent Sith Sorcerer, then I'm not interested in her anyways.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11686 on: October 23, 2011, 04:23:31 PM

I was trying to be a smart ass.  I should know better. 

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #11687 on: October 23, 2011, 04:39:00 PM

I was trying to be a smart ass.  I should know better. 

Yep. At least they didn't crack out spreadsheets to discuss the issue on your dating specs.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11688 on: October 23, 2011, 04:43:22 PM

I know, some of us are even getting married! Shock! Horror!

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11689 on: October 23, 2011, 05:07:14 PM

I know, some of us are even getting married! Shock! Horror!

...and some of us are smart enough to know better  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: