Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102051 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #11235 on: October 11, 2011, 09:58:38 AM

Something sort of annoying I discovered is that you can only pre-reg for one guild. I imagine that's to prevent people from using a single account to take every guild-name on a server but I plan on playing in like 2-3 guilds at launch.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11236 on: October 11, 2011, 10:04:05 AM

Something sort of annoying I discovered is that you can only pre-reg for one guild. I imagine that's to prevent people from using a single account to take every guild-name on a server but I plan on playing in like 2-3 guilds at launch.

Well, you could be like this guy...

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11237 on: October 11, 2011, 10:35:56 AM

As I understand there will be Bat Country for Empire and Slap in the Force(?) for Republic.  The plan is both on the same server so they can be enemies and shoot each other for hilarity. 

The sub forum may conflict with NDA or get closer than the Overlords like.  Dunno. 

My lowly guild is going to be thrown into the mix there, mostly of me 4 guys I work with and anyone I can convince from my old wow guild. We are republic side.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11238 on: October 11, 2011, 11:16:26 AM

I took y'all's advice and decided to beta a class I wouldn't likely play at launch.  Glad I did, in more ways than one.
Having gone this route, I can say I'm beyond pleasantly surprised, I'm amazed and I'm tempted to play a Shadow in SlapForce.

Also, if a few more BC with pre-orders intending to keep them through release could sound off so Lantyssa can stick with her pvp guild for launch, I'd appreciate it. Previously in this thread I was cautiously optimistic...I'm now pushed into fanboy territory. So glad this is coming out in December, when my only chores are running the snowblower and putting wood in the stove. I really should've been trimming the windows to finish up my wall project this weekend...
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #11239 on: October 11, 2011, 11:34:57 AM

Mob

Am I the only one still going Empire PvE on release? Bastards...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11240 on: October 11, 2011, 11:35:21 AM

Wait, so we have a Light-side f13 group now, or is it still just Bat Country until live?
It's not so much an f13 Light-side group as it is many members of Slap read f13.  Since they decided to go Rebel, and Bat Country is going to be Imperial, we're going for a rivalry.  Other than Sjofn's discomfort at using the same server for different faction characters, it works out pretty well for everyone.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11241 on: October 11, 2011, 11:39:29 AM

Hmm...I'll have to see what happens...I 'really' want to play a Trooper with tanking bullets  awesome, for real DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11242 on: October 11, 2011, 11:42:19 AM

Before people get too excited, remember Slap is not actually a blanket f13 guild and we do have some extra rules about conduct and stuff (especially in the area of homophobic or racial slurs, "LOL we totally raped that", etc.) that you all may not totally enjoy, but if you're willing to put up with our hippie PC ways then yeah, check us out. (Yes you can say fuck, we're not barbarians.)

Oh and hopefully SWTOR isn't allowing special characters in names, but if they are then we have that rule too. If I can't type it on my keyboard without using alt keystrokes, you don't get an invite.  tongue

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #11243 on: October 11, 2011, 11:46:26 AM

My pre-order is still sitting there on my desk waiting. Now how to explain to my Mother why I have to head home from Christmas so suddenly...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11244 on: October 11, 2011, 11:58:47 AM

I took y'all's advice and decided to beta a class I wouldn't likely play at launch.  Glad I did, in more ways than one.
Having gone this route, I can say I'm beyond pleasantly surprised, I'm amazed and I'm tempted to play a Shadow in SlapForce.

Also, if a few more BC with pre-orders intending to keep them through release could sound off so Lantyssa can stick with her pvp guild for launch, I'd appreciate it. Previously in this thread I was cautiously optimistic...I'm now pushed into fanboy territory. So glad this is coming out in December, when my only chores are running the snowblower and putting wood in the stove. I really should've been trimming the windows to finish up my wall project this weekend...

I'm a BC preorder, still, and intend to be there at launch.

Ingmar: I think you're warning a slim, slim minority of folks here. Those I can think of needing such a warning aren't interested in playing TOR anyway.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11245 on: October 11, 2011, 12:02:34 PM

Yeah I know, I just like to get any misunderstandings out of the way up front.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11246 on: October 11, 2011, 12:54:59 PM

Before people get too excited, remember Slap is not actually a blanket f13 guild and we do have some extra rules about conduct and stuff (especially in the area of homophobic or racial slurs, "LOL we totally raped that", etc.) that you all may not totally enjoy, but if you're willing to put up with our hippie PC ways then yeah, check us out. (Yes you can say fuck, we're not barbarians.)

Oh and hopefully SWTOR isn't allowing special characters in names, but if they are then we have that rule too. If I can't type it on my keyboard without using alt keystrokes, you don't get an invite.  tongue

How about retarded? I accidentally let that one slip all the time and then feel guilty.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11247 on: October 11, 2011, 01:06:57 PM

I am a BC preorder.  Chances are good I will be around at launch.  Not sure how much time will be spent on Empire stuff, but I will be there.  So long as slap is not crazy PC I will be happy to join up with them for MOAR DAKKA!

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11248 on: October 11, 2011, 01:07:18 PM

How about retarded? I accidentally let that one slip all the time and then feel guilty.

.. you do NOT want to know the story behind that word in guild chat.  ACK!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11249 on: October 11, 2011, 01:17:30 PM

So that's a no?  why so serious?

I can imagine the story now.  Bad shaman dies for upteenth time because they are bad.  Someone floats a "retarded".  Cue PC hit squad.

-Rasix
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #11250 on: October 11, 2011, 01:18:51 PM

.. you do NOT want to know the story behind that word in guild chat.  ACK!

You'll always be retarded to me.   Heart
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11251 on: October 11, 2011, 01:28:59 PM

Retarded is one I can't in good conscience enforce because I can't stop myself from using it either.

The story is much stranger than that, Rasix, but I don't think I can explain it in a way that would entertain anyone who wasn't there. Long story short, some guy (I don't even remember how/why this guy was in the guild) ragequit and called Kildy an "unreasonable child" (now that I think of it should be his grief title) because... I am not sure I ever really understood why. Like he wasn't even involved in the conversation, it was just me and Kild giving each other shit on the guild line and then BOOM.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:33:28 PM by Ingmar »

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #11252 on: October 11, 2011, 01:57:19 PM

Well, you could be like this guy...
I signed up around twenty times myself. I own my own domain, so it's easy to think up email accounts. It took about half an hour to do back in 2009.

Anyway, I got into a very early and short focused preview last year, four of the three-day events earlier this year, the month-long Magid marketing beta twice (only used one invite), and one account got into the real beta. I didn't get invited into any of the recent beta weekends, but I'm in the real beta so that's no biggie. Interestingly, none of the accounts got selected more than once for anything.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #11253 on: October 11, 2011, 03:15:36 PM

So yeah. There's a bit of a hullabaloo over on the official TOR non-beta forums. Basically the gist is that the "most items are able to have their stats customized to your class via crafted/looted/bought item mods that you can keep upgrading gear that you like the look of throughout your character's leveling career" system was recently gutted and changed significantly, and talked about in an interview. The beta forums have been having an absolute fit over it, and in that general forum thread the combat lead, Georg Zoeller, finally responded to the brouhaha with some lovely Ghostcrawler-like snark:

Clearly, based on the reactions I'm reading in this thread, something terrible must have happened. Let's all panic and run to the door!

Wait, you mean what I see in front of me on the most current authoritative game build in the office is not what it seems to be?

Think what you see outside the office is the most current Modification System? Nope.

Which I have taken as an indication of just what Bioware thinks of its tester feedback.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #11254 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:08 PM

I imagine they're in full crunch mode at this point. I think they can be forgiven for a little stress created snarkiness to forum dwellers.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11255 on: October 11, 2011, 03:39:41 PM

Mob

My plan is still bounty hunter.

As far as the moddable gear goes, put in fucking appearance tabs, already.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #11256 on: October 11, 2011, 03:41:47 PM

I think they can be forgiven for a little stress created snarkiness to forum dwellers.
Yeah, MMO players are easy going and don't mind being mocked. Reactions to Milo, Abashi, etc, were aberrations. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. Community management is best handled by an amateur with a short temper and a sarcastic edge.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11257 on: October 11, 2011, 03:42:36 PM

I took y'all's advice and decided to beta a class I wouldn't likely play at launch.  Glad I did, in more ways than one.

Pre-ordered, will be in at release. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #11258 on: October 11, 2011, 04:26:25 PM

Pre-ordered under BC.  Still not in beta.   Heartbreak
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11259 on: October 11, 2011, 04:29:48 PM

I think they can be forgiven for a little stress created snarkiness to forum dwellers.
Yeah, MMO players are easy going and don't mind being mocked. Reactions to Milo, Abashi, etc, were aberrations. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. Community management is best handled by an amateur with a short temper and a sarcastic edge.

Worked for DAOC.. :P

But honestly, I'd need to see the threads. Being snarky is usually not okay, unless there are a dozen threads of "hey, this sucks" with devs saying "yeah, fixed in another build" and the CM finally losing it.

If it's "hey, this sucks" followed by "lolz deal with it you uninformed masses", it's completely bullshit.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11260 on: October 11, 2011, 05:13:19 PM

I'm still planning on having a full assortment of Imperials in BC, with the Sith Inquisitor being my main.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #11261 on: October 11, 2011, 05:16:53 PM

Applied for BC - I do have a preorder in, but I may not be around much at the start (I'm heading back to the UK for the hols hopefully).

I'll probably concentrate on Sith Warrior and Bounty Hunter at first. I know my wife wants to play as Republic, so I'm going to be rolling both sides I guess.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #11262 on: October 11, 2011, 05:45:08 PM

I'll be hitting you guys up for an invite if you'll have me.  I feel like I gotta play with the F13 crowd in at least one game  Love Letters
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #11263 on: October 11, 2011, 07:23:44 PM

I'll be hitting you guys up for an invite if you'll have me.  I feel like I gotta play with the F13 crowd in at least one game  Love Letters

Spy
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #11264 on: October 11, 2011, 08:25:10 PM

Retarded is one I can't in good conscience enforce because I can't stop myself from using it either.

The story is much stranger than that, Rasix, but I don't think I can explain it in a way that would entertain anyone who wasn't there. Long story short, some guy (I don't even remember how/why this guy was in the guild) ragequit and called Kildy an "unreasonable child" (now that I think of it should be his grief title) because... I am not sure I ever really understood why. Like he wasn't even involved in the conversation, it was just me and Kild giving each other shit on the guild line and then BOOM.

Kild was giving you shit for being a warrior, and Namfoodle (yes, I remember his name) was SO TIRED OF PEOPLE TALKING SHIT ABOUT WARRIORS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

I dunno if we're "crazy PC," as everyone has their own definition. However, Slap insulated me so well for so long, I am actually surprised when someone lets loose a "lol we totally raped those fags" in a BG or something. I'm all "Wow, people do still say stupid shit like that. Asshats!" Basically keep in mind that I am a humorless feminist, and I love the guild. That's probably a good clue.  awesome, for real

(Also I still use "retarded" too much. I try not to, but it's REALLY REALLY clinging to my vocabulary.)

God Save the Horn Players
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11265 on: October 11, 2011, 11:39:30 PM

I took y'all's advice and decided to beta a class I wouldn't likely play at launch.  Glad I did, in more ways than one.

Yeah, my problem now is that the story sucked me in quite a bit.  I only made it to level 12 or something, so I don't know how it turns out.  So ironically, I picked a class I probably never would have played....but now I feel compelled to play it anyway, at least at some point.

Edit:  A little too close to NDA territory.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:56:42 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11266 on: October 12, 2011, 12:12:42 AM

Dude, NDA still up. I know you're not talking specifics, but let's keep the powers that be at bay for the time being.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11267 on: October 12, 2011, 12:57:15 AM

Yeah, I suppose I strayed a little too close.  Modified.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11268 on: October 12, 2011, 03:32:18 AM

Fight the power!

You're being oppressed!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #11269 on: October 12, 2011, 08:38:17 AM

Spy

ACK!

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: