Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:58:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102077 times)
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8085 on: July 21, 2011, 08:29:46 AM

"Use the lube, Lukeeee"

Now that everyone's pre-ordered they can announce the 19.99 subscription rate on the last day of Comiccon!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8086 on: July 21, 2011, 08:31:07 AM

Oh my lord, the "unavailability" in Finland is because their fucking link is broken. The area code is "fi-FL" when it should be "fi-FI". Just change that little detail and you can preorder all you want. Bioware/EA are apparently blissfully unaware of this and direct people to the "soz we may not be releasing outside US/Europe" statement.

Clownshoes.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #8087 on: July 21, 2011, 08:35:18 AM

"Use the lube, Lukeeee"

Now that everyone's pre-ordered they can announce the 19.99 subscription rate on the last day of Comiccon!

HEHE...

That would be fitting...and the downfall.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8088 on: July 21, 2011, 08:38:39 AM

bold is mine

As anticipation grows, BioWare also proudly announced today that Star Wars: The Old Republic will open "Beta Test Weekends" starting this September. These weekend play sessions will be open to selected players worldwide and create an opportunity for fans to get a sneak peek of the epic stories, worlds, quests, battles and characters in the game. Please visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com to register for game testing and to stay tuned throughout the summer for more details as they become available.

"We are targeting Star Wars: The Old Republic to be one of the biggest launches of holiday 2011," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Group General Manager and Co-Founder, BioWare and Senior Vice President, Electronic Arts. "Our teams at BioWare and EA, along with our partners at LucasArts, are laser-focused on creating a high quality game, but just as importantly, they are resolute in delivering a high quality service. We are taking all of the necessary steps to make sure The Old Republic has a thriving community built on a stable online foundation from day one, including limiting supply at launch to ensure that players easily transition into the servers. So whether you're waiting to join the Empire or the Republic, pre-order now to ensure you can enter the galaxy at launch!"

link: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=593263

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8089 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:46 AM

"Use the lube, Lukeeee"

Yeah, I fully expect this to be the case. Won't kill me but I won't leave it hanging around without logging in for a few weeks when I get bored like I have games in the past.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8090 on: July 21, 2011, 08:59:33 AM

Preordered the standard from Amazon.  Extra items might be nice but not worth the $

Yah, that ended up being the case for me.  No mouse droid, and I don't want to be like the people in Rift riding on the same damn 2 headed turtle as everyone else. Hopefully there's decent mount choices in game.

And, $20 dollars wouldn't break me, but it's veering close into the "hard to justify" sub price area.

-Rasix
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #8091 on: July 21, 2011, 09:17:28 AM

bold is mine

As anticipation grows, BioWare also proudly announced today that Star Wars: The Old Republic will open "Beta Test Weekends" starting this September. These weekend play sessions will be open to selected players worldwide and create an opportunity for fans to get a sneak peek of the epic stories, worlds, quests, battles and characters in the game. Please visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com to register for game testing and to stay tuned throughout the summer for more details as they become available.

"We are targeting Star Wars: The Old Republic to be one of the biggest launches of holiday 2011," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Group General Manager and Co-Founder, BioWare and Senior Vice President, Electronic Arts. "Our teams at BioWare and EA, along with our partners at LucasArts, are laser-focused on creating a high quality game, but just as importantly, they are resolute in delivering a high quality service. We are taking all of the necessary steps to make sure The Old Republic has a thriving community built on a stable online foundation from day one, including limiting supply at launch to ensure that players easily transition into the servers. So whether you're waiting to join the Empire or the Republic, pre-order now to ensure you can enter the galaxy at launch!"

I my whole pants
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8092 on: July 21, 2011, 09:18:20 AM

bold is mine

I my whole pants

I my whole pants, too.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #8093 on: July 21, 2011, 09:25:03 AM

We are taking all of the necessary steps to make sure The Old Republic has a thriving community built on a stable online foundation from day one, including limiting supply at launch to ensure that players easily transition into the servers. So whether you're waiting to join the Empire or the Republic, pre-order now to ensure you can enter the galaxy at launch!"
Yo dawg, we've heard you like queues...
Terracotta Army

Reply #8094 on: July 21, 2011, 09:28:44 AM

We are taking all of the necessary steps to make sure The Old Republic has a thriving community built on a stable online foundation from day one, including limiting supply at launch to ensure that players easily transition into the servers. So whether you're waiting to join the Empire or the Republic, pre-order now to ensure you can enter the galaxy at launch!"
Yo dawg, we've heard you like queues...

Well played...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8095 on: July 21, 2011, 09:35:17 AM

Well, like the Star Wars nerd I am I preordered CE and have my code typed in already. I am wondering how it'll work with the headstart. Will we have to download the client since it is likely the game won't arrive early? What about all our little perks which probably get activated by a code in the box?

Oh well, here's hoping the game is worth it.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8096 on: July 21, 2011, 09:47:51 AM

I preordered the standard edition.  I'm such a sucker when it comes to playing the newest MMO. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8097 on: July 21, 2011, 09:48:25 AM

Well, like the Star Wars nerd I am I preordered CE and have my code typed in already. I am wondering how it'll work with the headstart. Will we have to download the client since it is likely the game won't arrive early? What about all our little perks which probably get activated by a code in the box?

Oh well, here's hoping the game is worth it.

Yes, you'll have to D/L the whole game, like every other beta/ preorder.  The perks will probably be activated through Bioware's live site via a code like the DA & ME stuff was.

You're SW geek enough to have ordered the CE, so you already know that barring any A/O-level fuckups it'll be worth it for you, personally.  Just learn to ignore the bitching from everyone else like WoW fans have had to do.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #8098 on: July 21, 2011, 09:54:19 AM

I preordered the standard edition.  I'm such a sucker when it comes to playing the newest MMO. 

Me too, except I got the Digital Delux. Fuckit. Whats $20 for basically P2W items. I think I have spent more than that in AoC already.

Also, if you guys notice, Origin pre-order isnt $5 more. Its pay $5 now, and then the remaining amount later. Just like Gamestop.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #8099 on: July 21, 2011, 09:56:10 AM

I think people really don't understand how hard 3-4 million subs is to get

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8100 on: July 21, 2011, 10:10:18 AM

I think people really don't understand how hard 3-4 million subs is to get

My bet is that this game sells 2 million boxes and retains about 750k subs after 3 months. 

Any takers?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8101 on: July 21, 2011, 10:16:57 AM

According to Amazon, it'll be OS X as well.

I'll take that with a grain of salt, but it would be nice to not have to hop into the bootcamp partition.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8102 on: July 21, 2011, 10:24:30 AM

Apologies if this has been already posted, but my Finnish sources tell me that the head start is 3 days for normal serials, 7 days for CE. 25 bucks per day for early access past three days!
Terracotta Army

Reply #8103 on: July 21, 2011, 10:29:20 AM

Apologies if this has been already posted, but my Finnish sources tell me that the head start is 3 days for normal serials, 7 days for CE. 25 bucks per day for early access past three days!

And how much downtime is going to be involved... server restarts, crashes, network outages... Nope, not getting involved in that mess, let alone paying for it.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8104 on: July 21, 2011, 10:31:10 AM

And how much downtime is going to be involved... server restarts, crashes, network outages... Nope, not getting involved in that mess, let alone paying for it.

Rift's launch went quite well.  If Bioware/EA learned anything from that, things will go well. 

-  Mark Twain
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8105 on: July 21, 2011, 10:32:36 AM

I didn't buy for the headstart. I just thought the silly digital toys were cool and worth an extra 20 bucks to me.  I think they were pretty smart actually to come up with a way to limit the number of people trying to log in in that crucial first week.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8106 on: July 21, 2011, 10:44:42 AM

Dude on Neogaf confirmed from EA support that if you buy after release, the game will indeed be 5 monetary units of your choice lower.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #8107 on: July 21, 2011, 10:50:23 AM

I got the CE so I can sniff the shit out of the new
Terracotta Army

Reply #8108 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:52 AM

Rift's launch went quite well.  If Bioware/EA learned anything from that, things will go well. 

Oh I agree with ya, Rift was very smooth... but one in the past "a lot" does not bode well - of course, if EA is gating everything including waiting to create an EA ID, it might go as smooth, but then again, I recall queues of 4 hours which actually grew over time which locked some people out entirely for the first day of release. That might happen, regardless of game, but I'd rather not get a lucky roll and get on while half the server not being able to log in is pouring kerosene on the forums and lighting it.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8109 on: July 21, 2011, 11:06:06 AM

Oh, two items some of you probably already read, but I'll post them anyway, just to be sure. From the official pre-order FAQ:

I live in North America but my friend lives in Europe. Will we be able to play together on the same server?

Yes, it will be possible to play on the same server as your friends. Any player of Star Wars: The Old Republic can choose to play on any server. However, if you choose to play on a server outside of your own region (i.e., – playing on European servers from North America, and vice versa), because of natural latency caused by the distance between your client and the game servers, you may find your game performance is impacted.

Also, minimum requirements:

I am interested in pre-ordering Star Wars: The Old Republic, but do not know if my PC can support it. What are the minimum system requirements needed to run the game?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Video Card:

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:
ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive - 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)

Internet connection required to play.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8110 on: July 21, 2011, 11:13:47 AM

My bet is that this game sells 2 million boxes and retains about 750k subs after 3 months. 

Any takers?
Depends on companions. Since multi-boxing is so rampant in WoW, nobody knows how many unique players there are in this 'expanded' market. So it's hard to say what the actual 'mmo market' actually is, but it's definitely not what WoW's subscription is leading some to think it is.

The OSX compatibility makes me kinda skeered, I fear for my productivity. Luckily the nvidia 320M is probably way to wimpy for real gaming.
Rasix

Reply #8111 on: July 21, 2011, 11:17:38 AM

Since multi-boxing is so rampant in WoW

It is?

-Rasix
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #8112 on: July 21, 2011, 11:19:34 AM

Rift had 12+ hour long queues in its first several weeks. It didn't have a ton of downtime, but they hugely oversold capacity. I don't count that as a smooth launch.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8113 on: July 21, 2011, 11:39:44 AM

Oh, two items some of you probably already read, but I'll post them anyway, just to be sure. From the official pre-order FAQ:

I live in North America but my friend lives in Europe. Will we be able to play together on the same server?

Yes, it will be possible to play on the same server as your friends. Any player of Star Wars: The Old Republic can choose to play on any server. However, if you choose to play on a server outside of your own region (i.e., – playing on European servers from North America, and vice versa), because of natural latency caused by the distance between your client and the game servers, you may find your game performance is impacted.

Also, minimum requirements:

I am interested in pre-ordering Star Wars: The Old Republic, but do not know if my PC can support it. What are the minimum system requirements needed to run the game?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Video Card:

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:
ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive - 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only)

Internet connection required to play.

They aren't posting HD requirements, may want to be careful if you have less than 138Gb free.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Rasix

Reply #8114 on: July 21, 2011, 11:44:08 AM

No more of that, mister.

-Rasix
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #8115 on: July 21, 2011, 11:46:28 AM

Also, if you guys notice, Origin pre-order isnt $5 more. Its pay $5 now, and then the remaining amount later. Just like Gamestop.

Negative.  It may say that on the site, but according to my bank balance, they charged me the full amount.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8116 on: July 21, 2011, 11:50:00 AM

No more of that, mister.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

They've already dropped 1.5mil preorders, according to something or other I read.

I'll go 4mil boxes, 1mil subs after three months.
Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #8117 on: July 21, 2011, 11:51:03 AM

Negative.  It may say that on the site, but according to my bank balance, they charged me the full amount.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold ?
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #8118 on: July 21, 2011, 11:54:40 AM

Preordering SWTOR is like banging the easy chubby chick down the street. You tell everybody you're not gonna do it but deep down you know you will, and you just hope nobody you know finds out.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Rasix

Reply #8119 on: July 21, 2011, 11:59:46 AM

Preordering SWTOR is like banging the easy chubby chick down the street. You tell everybody you're not gonna do it but deep down you know you will, and you just hope nobody you know finds out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: