Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:06:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102394 times)
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7910 on: July 19, 2011, 10:32:36 AM

Oh well. I've already decided to break all of my rules and play the game at release. I might as well go full retard and get the Collector's Edition.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #7911 on: July 19, 2011, 10:33:17 AM

First thing that came to my mind from the art was 'why is neo-Bastilla's lightsaber hilt both longer and thicker than her forearm?
Nah, it looks bit weird because of all the blending going on, but the lower forearm is visibly thicker.

Also, i don't know what you guys are talking about re: Sith. The cover guy is obviously grinning from ear to ear behind that mask.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7912 on: July 19, 2011, 10:35:01 AM

Nuh uh. Look at his scowly eyes.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7913 on: July 19, 2011, 10:36:04 AM

Sith always scowl when they giggle.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #7914 on: July 19, 2011, 10:51:42 AM

^_^
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7915 on: July 19, 2011, 11:07:29 AM

140gb. Jesus. They're really banking on people upgrading their PCs, aren't they?

I know hard drive space is cheap and all, but 140gb is a solid chunk of most people's hard drives. The PC I was idly speccing came with a terabyte, so one game is asking me to fork over 14% of it?

It better be robot jesus, because sooner or later I'm going to need the space.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7916 on: July 19, 2011, 11:07:49 AM

First thing that came to my mind from the art was 'why is neo-Bastilla's lightsaber hilt both longer and thicker than her forearm?
Nah, it looks bit weird because of all the blending going on, but the lower forearm is visibly thicker.

You're including the flared gauntlet in as part of her arm.

Jedi in the Old Republic era clearly use the girth of their almighty hilts to determine social standing.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7917 on: July 19, 2011, 11:09:46 AM

I can not bring myself to ever get a CE of anything. Those figurines just end up on a shelf and gives me more shit to dust off IF I get around to dusting shit. The other stuff is ok... but being poor makes my choices a bit easier (read: LIMITED  why so serious?)

What side of the fence are the majority of F13 going to play? Either way, I feel a great need to play a fucking psycho/sociopath in the next game which will probably be this one.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7918 on: July 19, 2011, 11:13:27 AM

Natalie Portman is my cousin and she said it's a 138GB install. Also, I have experience with shops and pixels and eldaec can't see a forearm.

Mouse droid, soundtrack, authenticator all sound cool. I hope the mount is a swoop bike  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I'm probably also going full ritard on this one.

Binaryguy, BC is Imperial. Republic guild TBA, I'd assume it would be good to establish the pre-launch guild and then someone can start a Republic guild on the server BC is assigned.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7919 on: July 19, 2011, 11:14:12 AM

140gb. Jesus. They're really banking on people upgrading their PCs, aren't they?

I know hard drive space is cheap and all, but 140gb is a solid chunk of most people's hard drives. The PC I was idly speccing came with a terabyte, so one game is asking me to fork over 14% of it?

It better be robot jesus, because sooner or later I'm going to need the space.

Download is going to be an issue as well, back when this came up originally in the thread the same guy was reporting that the regular content patches are expected to come above 20Gb a time. Since it is already in the thread I assume we are allowed to repeat it despite ~NDA~.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7920 on: July 19, 2011, 11:15:38 AM

More reliable sources have placed the install at ~40GB. Let's not do this whole thing over again.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7921 on: July 19, 2011, 11:16:53 AM

If this thing really is 138gbs then that is scuttling it right then and there for me. i thought AoC was ridiculous at 40gb, but fine I said. I'll bite the bullet just this once. 138 is a bit beyond the pale.

Oh well, no time traveling Lando.

Edit: Just saw Sky's post. That sounds a bit better.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7922 on: July 19, 2011, 11:20:01 AM

Yep, the info I got was wrong. My bad. I told my friend he was retarded. Plus I'm all up in there now so I :NDA:

Some things were correct, though.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7923 on: July 19, 2011, 11:20:48 AM

Fuck you guys are no fun.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7924 on: July 19, 2011, 11:22:42 AM

More reliable sources have placed the install at ~40GB. Let's not do this whole thing over again.
That's more sane.

I wonder how those memrister hard drives are coming along.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7925 on: July 19, 2011, 11:43:36 AM

Wonder when the day will come when games are that big and come preloaded on their own external HDD (or SSD). Data rates aside, I can see it happening down the road with memory dropping in price, what seems like every fucking 12 hours.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #7926 on: July 19, 2011, 12:04:42 PM

Wonder when the day will come when games are that big and come preloaded on their own external HDD (or SSD). Data rates aside, I can see it happening down the road with memory dropping in price, what seems like every fucking 12 hours.

A big enough USB 2.0 thumb drive would still add $30 or so to the price.  So, uh not for a while yet.

Also, NeoGaf and SA forums both have people claiming that the CE will be priced at $149.99...  I think that put's it out of my comfort zone.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7927 on: July 19, 2011, 12:05:07 PM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7928 on: July 19, 2011, 12:08:56 PM

BIOWARE PLEASE TO PUT PRELOAD ON SSD FOR COLLECTOR EDITION

I COLLECT IT

THANK FOR TIME
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #7929 on: July 19, 2011, 12:38:03 PM

Jedi in the Old Republic era clearly use the girth of their almighty hilts to determine social standing.
You gotta hand it to them, it's more sensible than using the length.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7930 on: July 19, 2011, 01:00:23 PM

A big enough USB 2.0 thumb drive would still add $30 or so to the price.  So, uh not for a while yet.

Also, NeoGaf and SA forums both have people claiming that the CE will be priced at $149.99...  I think that put's it out of my comfort zone.

Anything over a hundred is out for me.  I was hoping for $80.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7931 on: July 19, 2011, 01:02:52 PM

Why are we not showing the picture of the collectors edition contents?   That doesn't have anything to do with the NDA.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7932 on: July 19, 2011, 01:12:43 PM

Is the Authenticator just bundled in the fancy collectors edition, or do you think they'll just put one in every box right from the get go?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7933 on: July 19, 2011, 01:32:47 PM

Why are we not showing the picture of the collectors edition contents?   That doesn't have anything to do with the NDA.

Because your workplace is blocking wherever it's hosted.  I see it fine.

$150?  Fuck you, EA.  Goddamnit.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7934 on: July 19, 2011, 01:34:39 PM

Anything over a hundred is out for me.  I was hoping for $80.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping they do a digital deluxe version on Origin for a sub-$100 price since I don't really need shit like a Darth Malgus statue or an Art Book.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7935 on: July 19, 2011, 01:36:55 PM

No need for a collectors on this game anyway.  Now Diablo 3, that'll be another story.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7936 on: July 19, 2011, 02:02:47 PM

Where'd you get the $150 number? makes me worry about the cost of the normal edition.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7937 on: July 19, 2011, 02:04:22 PM

A big enough USB 2.0 thumb drive would still add $30 or so to the price.  So, uh not for a while yet.

Also, NeoGaf and SA forums both have people claiming that the CE will be priced at $149.99...  I think that put's it out of my comfort zone.

Anything over a hundred is out for me.  I was hoping for $80.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping they do a digital deluxe version on Origin for a sub-$100 price since I don't really need shit like a Darth Malgus statue or an Art Book.

The $150 is for the Force Handjob.

And yes, I'm getting the collector's bitch on day One.

Aaaand Neo Bastila is Satele, Bastila's Granddaughter.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7938 on: July 19, 2011, 02:21:11 PM

Mouse droid, soundtrack, authenticator all sound cool. I hope the mount is a swoop bike  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I'm probably also going full ritard on this one.
The STAP is more of a single person hover platform.  It's Clone Wars era.

They seem to be offering a lot of modern Star Wars stuff.  Be nice if they made some, I dunno, Old Republic age items.

I kind of hope it is $150.  Then I can justify not getting it for the mouse droid.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:23:07 PM by Lantyssa »

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #7939 on: July 19, 2011, 02:30:42 PM

Does exclusive mouse droid means there will be no player-crafted mouse droids? I'd imagine lot of disappointed SWG survivors if that's the case...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #7940 on: July 19, 2011, 02:37:22 PM

Aaaand Neo Bastila is Satele, Bastila's Granddaughter.

Interesting. Course the real question being, who is her Grandfather?

(I'm voting for HK)

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7941 on: July 19, 2011, 02:41:32 PM

They seem to be offering a lot of modern Star Wars stuff.  Be nice if they made some, I dunno, Old Republic age items.

Based on the KOTOR games talking about technological progress growing stagnant, and how TOR seems to using a lot of tech that at least looks like stuff from the 'modern' Star Wars era, I think they're pushing the idea that the era the game's taking place in is the last hurrah of, well, the Old Republic before things devolve into a dark age that the galaxy only recovers from around the time of the movies.  I think someone else in the thread put forth the idea a bunch of posts back.  

All that aside, it's also a good way to draw fans in, no matter what they liked about the other iterations of the IP.  Either way, I'll be there day one.  I just hope the CE isn't really $150.  

As to what happened to Bastila and how a descendant of hers would be around, that'll probably get dealt with in the Revan book that comes out on I believe November 15.  Which is what I'm guessing is the release date for the game as well. 
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #7942 on: July 19, 2011, 03:24:25 PM

I kind of hope it is $150.  Then I can justify not getting it for the mouse droid.

Anyone thinking this game would try and be original is crazy. KOTOR and SWTOR are not original settings in the least, it doesn't make them any less fun but we all know they are just a flimsy excuse to be able to skirt around star wars canon. I'd rather it be some sort of elseworld alternate timeline though, rather than think their tech is so backwards and stunted over the course of centuries.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #7943 on: July 19, 2011, 03:27:20 PM

What's this NDA bullshit about?! Is the beta up and running, or what?

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7944 on: July 19, 2011, 03:33:45 PM

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: