Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:22:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102400 times)
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #6335 on: May 22, 2011, 08:07:37 AM

I demand lightsaber-porcupine armor!
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #6336 on: May 22, 2011, 02:18:28 PM

They're going to have to do something crazy with the colours since they will all look the same no matter if it's junk, epic, level 1 or level 50.  There won't be much satisfaction from how higher level lightsaber loot looks since all they can really change is a hilt you will barely see.
As you get up in levels the "blade" will get longer and thicker Ohhhhh, I see.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6337 on: May 22, 2011, 02:42:31 PM

So Prolixis is a powerup?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #6338 on: May 22, 2011, 06:29:04 PM

So Prolixis is a powerup?

awesome, for real

As far as light saber colors go, I'd rather they made red, blue, and green the default colors.  Other colors like yellow, orange, etc. could be drops, DLC, or quested.  The really out there colors like gold, silver, black, purple I'd rather were only available from some longish quest chain.  There's a part of me that would like to see them limited to one per server, too, so that they maintained their uniqueness, but I know that'll never happen.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6339 on: May 22, 2011, 06:51:12 PM

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #6340 on: May 22, 2011, 07:14:53 PM

There's a part of me that would like to see them limited to one per server, too, so that they maintained their uniqueness, but I know that'll never happen.
Wouldn't be very practical given the player churn rate. Don't know if there's anything enjoyable in knowing the colour you'd like to have had already dropped for a guy who was last seen a year ago.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #6341 on: May 22, 2011, 07:29:31 PM

I'm not *actually* suggesting this, but it would make for an awesome FFA PvP mechanic.  Want the orange lightsaber - so and so has it - kill him and take his lightsaber!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6342 on: May 22, 2011, 07:53:29 PM

Those players never leave the safehouse then, whats the point?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6343 on: May 22, 2011, 09:01:02 PM

That tracy morgan pic kind of summarizes everything I think I will hate with this game.  All that story, setting, voice acting and character building will have to be right next to Tracy Jordan: Jedi Master, cause that's who we'll all be playing alongside.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #6344 on: May 23, 2011, 03:52:49 AM

Those players never leave the safehouse then, whats the point?

Yeah, I know, thats why I'm not actually suggesting it, as I mentioned.  People like that are why we can't have nice things.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6345 on: May 23, 2011, 04:12:09 AM

I think I'm against actual exclusivity in MMO's.  The appearance of exclusivity is fine, but I prefer if there is some way for me to have what I want.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6346 on: May 23, 2011, 05:14:00 AM

As far as light saber colors go, I'd rather they made red, blue, and green the default colors.  Other colors like yellow, orange, etc. could be drops, DLC, or quested.  The really out there colors like gold, silver, black, purple I'd rather were only available from some longish quest chain.  There's a part of me that would like to see them limited to one per server, too, so that they maintained their uniqueness, but I know that'll never happen.
:jedi101: Yellow was the canon blade colour for the Old Republic-era Jedi Sentinel, in addition to blue for Guardian, and green for Jedi Consular.
(And yes, I looked it up - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystalOh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #6347 on: May 23, 2011, 05:21:20 AM

I would also guess red - warrior and purple - inquisitor
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #6348 on: May 23, 2011, 10:37:37 AM

If i'm not mistaken the regular KotOR had specific colour for each of teh jedi classes, at least for the initial saber you'd craft. You could then swap it for another if you felt like it and managed to get another crystal from the vendor or loot drop. Maybe they'll use the same approach in the online version.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #6349 on: May 23, 2011, 10:52:38 AM

I want lightsabers on my shoulderpads.

I want shoulderpads on my lightsaber!

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6350 on: May 23, 2011, 12:17:35 PM

The really out there colors like gold, silver, black, purple I'd rather were only available from some longish quest chain. 
You know it'll be walled off behind some raids to keep casual players from ever seeing one. Because the fact that it's there will drive them to keep playing!

Ohhhhh, I see.
VainEldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6351 on: May 23, 2011, 12:41:46 PM

The really out there colors like gold, silver, black, purple I'd rather were only available from some longish quest chain. 
You know it'll be walled off behind some raids to keep casual players from ever seeing one. Because the fact that it's there will drive them to keep playing!

Ohhhhh, I see.

Drat! Now I know why I've /ragequit every MMORPG since UO...  Heartbreak

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #6352 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:04 PM

Given the recent MMO trends the colour crystals will be probably RMT item...

... with limited durability.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #6353 on: May 23, 2011, 07:18:50 PM

Given the recent MMO trends the colour crystals will be probably RMT item...

... with limited durability with a 30 day real time limit.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #6354 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:12 AM

it works on me though, yanno. I'll raid for a purple crystal.

Strangely though I only seem to raid for the purpose of vanity. I only give a fuck about how things look!
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #6355 on: May 24, 2011, 10:38:00 AM

This is perfectly reasonable attitude. Also the reason why LotRO is teh best MMO ever.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #6356 on: May 25, 2011, 04:33:41 AM

Strangely though I only seem to raid for the purpose of vanity. I only give a fuck about how things look!

I'm exactly the same.   Clearly the next big thing should be mount armor so we have more stuff to show off.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6357 on: May 26, 2011, 03:13:41 AM

Speaking of internet line dancing...anyone else getting a little worried about TOR's implementation of it?  Or rather the complete lack of news regarding it?  Would have thought that as polished and stuff as things have come along, we would have heard a piece about end-game by now.  E3 maybe?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #6358 on: May 26, 2011, 04:42:56 AM

Ill raise you missiles on my BH shoulderpads
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6359 on: May 26, 2011, 11:15:34 AM

Speaking of internet line dancing...anyone else getting a little worried about TOR's implementation of it?  Or rather the complete lack of news regarding it?  Would have thought that as polished and stuff as things have come along, we would have heard a piece about end-game by now.  E3 maybe?

Not worried at all. If I had my way it wouldn't have raids.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #6360 on: May 26, 2011, 06:10:04 PM

Ill raise you missiles on my BH shoulderpads

My missiles will have lightsabers. That fire from my shoulderpads.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6361 on: May 27, 2011, 07:52:51 AM

My Bounty Hunter Mega-Neato has weaponized an anti-midichlorian serum originally intended to cure sith, that he will now use in a war against all force-users.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6362 on: May 27, 2011, 07:55:19 AM

My lightsabers will have missiles that shoot shoulderpads.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6363 on: May 27, 2011, 08:19:12 AM

My lightsabers will have missiles that shoot shoulderpads.

And lasers...don't forget the lasers.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6364 on: May 27, 2011, 08:38:02 AM

Trooper Progression video

awesome, for real @stealth detect + KNIFE!
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS @Rambo-style action

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:41:21 AM by luckton »

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #6365 on: May 27, 2011, 08:46:10 AM

PEW PEW  awesome, for real  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6366 on: May 27, 2011, 08:53:37 AM

You know, I think about it now...after watching it a couple dozen times.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how a Sith ninja would just stand there and cloak, let itself get detected and continue to just stand there as Rambo runs up to her and knifes her in the face.

Either BW's choreographers need some work, or they're trying to show what a Sith looks like when played by an eBay'er?

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6367 on: May 27, 2011, 08:59:14 AM

They're used to standing there taking blaster bolts.  It's not a far stretch that you can use a knife instead.

Sadly, another cringe-worthy video.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6368 on: May 27, 2011, 09:27:00 AM

Cringe-worthy is a bit harsh. While not up to the standards of the 'what it means to be a sith' video, I thought the trooper looked pretty cool.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6369 on: May 27, 2011, 09:51:48 AM

As a person who was only considering playing a trooper, the stealth detected Rambo-knife-gun-em-while-they-are-down shit gave me monkeywood.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: