Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:33:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2071732 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #910 on: May 05, 2009, 05:03:09 PM

Damn, now I got that whistlesong stuck in my head!
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: May 05, 2009, 05:43:04 PM

Wiki says that Buckaroo Banzai and his team are featured in Battletech. Is this true?
Dr. B Banzai of House Davion.  Primarily responsible for the Marauder design and other Federated Suns designs, if I remember correctly.

There are lots of hidden references in Star Trek, TNG too. Mostly dedication plaques and technical readouts that only get shown for a second or two.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #912 on: May 05, 2009, 11:07:12 PM

Damn, now I got that whistlesong stuck in my head!

It's always stuck in my head.

That probably explains a lot about me.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #913 on: May 06, 2009, 06:24:35 AM

Big Boo-TAY.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #914 on: May 06, 2009, 11:10:42 AM

Not muh goddamned planet. Understand, monkeyboy?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #915 on: May 10, 2009, 04:12:27 AM

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that message board drama and fashion tips warrant immediate discussion, but a new class getting announced gets overlooked.

Also there's an interview with the lead writer regarding the new Trooper class as well.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #916 on: May 10, 2009, 04:29:07 AM

I did see this and think that I really hope BioWare have some really strong classes to round out the mix. Trooper, regardless of how it actually plays, is pretty meh in terms of Star Wars.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #917 on: May 10, 2009, 05:33:18 AM

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that message board drama and fashion tips warrant immediate discussion, but a new class getting announced gets overlooked.

Also there's an interview with the lead writer regarding the new Trooper class as well.

Yay for generic fodder. We've been burned by Star Wars, classes, MMOs, and a Star Wars MMO both before and after it got classes. Gonna take a lot more than "Trooper" to make us care.

Like, beta invites!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
schild
Administrator

Reply #918 on: May 10, 2009, 07:50:55 AM

Like, beta invites!

Little early to even throw a smiley face after that.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #919 on: May 10, 2009, 12:24:02 PM

Yay for generic fodder. We've been burned by Star Wars, classes, MMOs, and a Star Wars MMO both before and after it got classes. Gonna take a lot more than "Trooper" to make us care.

Like, beta invites!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

If we actually had to care to discuss something, the Darkfall thread never would have made 75 pages.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #920 on: May 10, 2009, 03:15:55 PM

Big Boo-TAY.

I'm pretty sure I'm working for Yoyodyne.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: May 10, 2009, 03:18:53 PM

Like, beta invites!

Little early to even throw a smiley face after that.

Heh, not looking for them. I never wait for them anyway, they just seem to fall in my lap. It was more an ironical smile that with how little we're spamming refresh on the SWTOR info sites, we'll all be in beta as fast as our ISPs let us go from beta code to install and patch.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #922 on: May 10, 2009, 03:30:11 PM

Oh, how jaded we've all become...

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: May 10, 2009, 03:31:25 PM

...jaded enough for a 27 page thread.

We're all playing this and you all know it.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lesion

Reply #924 on: May 10, 2009, 04:07:38 PM

I'm playing it twice.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #925 on: May 11, 2009, 05:48:34 AM

...jaded enough for a 27 page thread.

We're all playing this and you all know it.

That's not the jaded I was referring to.

Jaded enough to just know we'll all be in the beta.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #926 on: May 11, 2009, 10:33:33 AM

Generic or not I already know someone who is all excited to play a Trooper.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #927 on: May 11, 2009, 10:43:25 AM

Is his name Eddie?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #928 on: May 11, 2009, 01:53:36 PM

Generic or not I already know someone who is all excited to play a Trooper.

Yahoo!

They could only be topped if they let me be a Droid.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #929 on: May 11, 2009, 01:59:01 PM

I love Eddie.  That pic used to be my wallpaper.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #930 on: May 11, 2009, 01:59:09 PM

In KOTOR, it's no stretch to think that droids couldn't be pretty compelling characters.  Of course, you'd then have thousands of kiddies, and quite possibly me, running around calling everyone Meatbag.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #931 on: May 11, 2009, 02:08:30 PM

In KOTOR, it's no stretch to think that droids couldn't be pretty compelling characters.  Of course, you'd then have thousands of kiddies, and quite possibly me, running around calling everyone Meatbag.

Why else be a droid if you can't mock the Meatsacks?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: May 11, 2009, 04:18:41 PM

I'd definitely be interested in playing a Trooper. You say generic, I say iconic. Star Wars is more than an intergalactic boner battle between Jedi and Bounty Hunters.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #933 on: May 11, 2009, 05:04:11 PM

I'd definitely be interested in playing a Trooper. You say generic, I say iconic. Star Wars is more than an intergalactic boner battle between Jedi and Bounty Hunters.

No, that's pretty much all it is.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #934 on: May 11, 2009, 05:13:20 PM

Whatever, I wanna be this guy.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #935 on: May 11, 2009, 06:17:22 PM

/forcechoke

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #936 on: May 11, 2009, 06:53:18 PM

you're forgetting about space furries, for one.

They will not be denied
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #937 on: May 11, 2009, 07:04:51 PM

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #938 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:45 AM

This. I'm ever so tired of hearing "Star Wars is more than just (cool thing), I'd really rather see (something lame)" whenever this sort of topic comes up. Not that I have any real objection to Cannon Fodder being a class if someone wants to play it, but usually from here it spirals off into discussions of asteroid mining or space-cow milking or what the hell ever.

It's a Star Wars game. I want to fly a spaceship and pew-pew enemy fighters when I'm not chopping off arms and feet with my lightsaber. If I want a game about something else beside those things, I'll play a game that's not fucking Star Wars.

Edit:  Also, the word "iconic" needs to Go Away.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #939 on: May 12, 2009, 05:18:38 AM

This.

Ironically, I did my round of space mining in a Star Wars game, but let's put that aside for a second  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

SWTOR is not offering crafting stations for budding energy prospectors and Dancers. It's a story-driven action-y game between Jedi and Sith. People aren't playing that story to be one of the nameless rabble you see in the background of the Cantina.

Yes, SW can be about the struggling Droid Engineer whose Dad is barely paying the bills as a moisture farmer. But that type of SW is only interesting for the people so into the IP they consider the movies to be mere milestones between the books. It's certainly not how you extend an IP that was specifically created to tell the Jedi/Sith story.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #940 on: May 12, 2009, 06:48:38 AM

The best part about stupid cannon fodder non-jedi characters is people will play them and then bitch that jedi are overpowered.  swamp poop

There should be NO classes in the game. Everyone plays a Force Sensitive and can pick the skills they learn, and their quest decisions lead them down either path (jedi or sith). Just like, I dunno, KotOR.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:50:49 AM by Sky »
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #941 on: May 12, 2009, 07:01:19 AM

The best part about stupid cannon fodder non-jedi characters is people will play them and then bitch that jedi are overpowered.  swamp poop

There should be NO classes in the game. Everyone plays a Force Sensitive and can pick the skills they learn, and their quest decisions lead them down either path (jedi or sith). Just like, I dunno, KotOR.

That's most probably correct from a gameplay point of view, but I still can't get my head around everyone you meet being a Force Sensitive/Jedi/Whatever. It potentially kills immersion. (please don't laugh)

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #942 on: May 12, 2009, 07:04:12 AM

Fill the game with generic NPC's ala GTA or CoX.  If there are thousands of 'people' around then having two or three Jedi/Sith in one area isn't such a big deal.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #943 on: May 12, 2009, 07:10:41 AM

That's most probably correct from a gameplay point of view, but I still can't get my head around everyone you meet being a Force Sensitive/Jedi/Whatever. It potentially kills immersion. (please don't laugh)
You delete your mmo character every time you die, then?

I'd be glad if they actually made a neutral force path. About damn time.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #944 on: May 12, 2009, 07:17:40 AM

I guess you all are right. Especially after re-reading Darniaqs post from above. I just don't fully understand how that "story driven" unique-player-experience gameplay combines with making an MMORPG?

TortageImproved? KOTOR 3 + Grind = Monthly Money Hats?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: