Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:57:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2071791 times)
lesion

Reply #840 on: April 30, 2009, 11:31:56 AM

Someone must be gay, and they'll have to pay. There's no other way. A monthly fee? Olé!

steam|a grue \[T]/
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: April 30, 2009, 02:54:17 PM

At least that was better than Tolkein's poetry. I skipped it in the books and I had to skip it in this thread.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: April 30, 2009, 04:38:02 PM

Someone must be gay, and they'll have to pay. There's no other way. A monthly fee? Olé!
"Just stay out of my way... or you'll pay! LISTEN to what I say!"
"Hey, why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may! Whaddya say?"

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #843 on: April 30, 2009, 08:13:52 PM

Well, technically, he said those "terms" don't exist in Star Wars.  That's not quite the same thing as saying that homosexuality itself doesn't exist in Star Wars.  Its more like saying "beer" doesn't exist in Star Wars, because even though alcoholic beverages exist they aren't called that.  I honestly think that's the way he meant it, too- it just didn't seem like he was making a grandiose, overarching political statement. 
Unless we can no longer use English to talk in-game or on the forums, and must learn Galactic Basic or one of the other 6 million forms of communication in the Star Wars galaxy in order to be allowed to talk, any interpretation of the statement - about ANY topic - is nonsensical.  We're not actually speaking "their language", so obviously we must use the terms in our language in order to convey information.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: May 01, 2009, 08:58:33 AM

But what if there are no gays in space?
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: May 01, 2009, 10:08:46 AM

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: May 01, 2009, 10:52:42 AM

I really wish you guys would stop talking about this.  My google alert is spamming me with "OMG NO GAYZ IN TEH SPACE WARZ"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #847 on: May 01, 2009, 11:52:38 AM

Hey, they may not have gays, but they do have incest!
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: May 01, 2009, 01:32:42 PM

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #849 on: May 02, 2009, 01:04:04 AM

Hey, they may not have gays, but they do have incest!

Yet another post that *really* needs to be separated from Sky's avatar.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: May 02, 2009, 07:51:24 AM

Too bad April Fools has already passed.  They could have changed everyone's avatar into Daffy and then every comment would be funny.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #851 on: May 02, 2009, 04:43:42 PM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/05/02/creating-worlds-swtor-devumentary/

new vid showing off a bunch of worlds and in game scenery.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: May 03, 2009, 12:32:48 PM

My God.

If you're going to be on a video that's going to be shown to hundreds of thousands / millions of people, for fuck sake, make yourself look presentable.

I know the dress code for game developers is 'roll out of bed and wear the Tshirt you wore yesterday', but damn...Take some freaking PRIDE in way you look.

Dress for the job you WANT, not for the job you HAVE.
schild
Administrator

Reply #853 on: May 03, 2009, 12:39:06 PM

My God.

If you're going to be on a video that's going to be shown to hundreds of thousands / millions of people, for fuck sake, make yourself look presentable.

I know the dress code for game developers is 'roll out of bed and wear the Tshirt you wore yesterday', but damn...Take some freaking PRIDE in way you look.

What. The. Hell. Are. You. Talking. About?
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #854 on: May 03, 2009, 12:59:59 PM

Umm, an couple artistic types in hoodies, a guy in a clean tshirt, and a guy in a polo don't strike me as odd. I think it'd seem less believable if they were all in suits. None of them look unkempt, all look fairly relaxed.

And presumably they HAVE the job they WANT.
schild
Administrator

Reply #855 on: May 03, 2009, 01:03:14 PM

I can only assume this is Snakecharmer now:

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #856 on: May 03, 2009, 01:33:32 PM

I know I was expecting a diku/story experience, but damn this rough quote at ~1:00 scares me:

Then we have to guide the player through the experience.  Always needs to know where to go, also where they can explore or go off the beaten path. 

I hope it's not 100% linear.  That's going to make for a quick play if so. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #857 on: May 03, 2009, 01:35:47 PM

I can only assume this is Snakecharmer now:

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

That said, The chick has a jaw that could swallow Detroit.

I'm just sayin'

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: May 03, 2009, 03:12:00 PM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/05/02/creating-worlds-swtor-devumentary/

new vid showing off a bunch of worlds and in game scenery.
That one clip where that guy was world editing zoomed way out kind of suggests that the open areas are rather small.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: May 03, 2009, 03:20:16 PM

My God.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #860 on: May 03, 2009, 03:36:06 PM

If you're going to be broadcast in a video that's going to be seen by hundreds of thousands of people, don't look like a bum.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #861 on: May 03, 2009, 03:39:23 PM

Terrible glasses, pullover, half-asleep look, androginy.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: May 03, 2009, 04:01:16 PM

The woman had a pretty lousy style. Ugly glasses, unkempt hair and clothes and makeup. Probably a low self esteem too! Or maybe extremely high  why so serious?

Guys all looked like bums except the one with the beard who looked like a douche with an ugly beard.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Now, lets discuss their accessories  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:14:58 PM by Zzulo »
schild
Administrator

Reply #863 on: May 03, 2009, 04:05:59 PM

If you're going to be broadcast in a video that's going to be seen by hundreds of thousands of people, don't look like a bum.

This is gaming, not diplomacy talks. Don't be so strange.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #864 on: May 03, 2009, 04:48:32 PM

That was advertising.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #865 on: May 03, 2009, 05:01:05 PM

Meh at least it's not another Barnett Show. And the actual game environments look excellent.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #866 on: May 03, 2009, 06:08:58 PM

Thousands of people, max.

All of them gamers, most of whom probably don't dress half as well anyway.

The only one of those gamers that apparently gives a fuck is you.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: May 03, 2009, 06:51:27 PM

I don't make games to attract women, I make them to crush.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: May 03, 2009, 07:01:52 PM

You have to rescue all the pets in the shop...umm..., boy.

Sorry. Best I can come up with on a Sunday night with a head cold.

I was on one of my benders watching 80's videos on YouTube, and pulled up West End Girls, saw that scene and thought...'Wow. He looks like an NPC in WoW.'.  That's actually a florescent light. I just kinda screwed with the color of the video grab. Not that this means anything to anyone anywhere anytime anyhow. It's Sunday night and I have a head cold.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #869 on: May 03, 2009, 07:48:52 PM

The only one of those gamers that apparently gives a fuck is you.

Oh I'm sure Jade Raymond helped attract a fair bit of hype and some degree of sales to Assassin's Creed.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #870 on: May 03, 2009, 07:52:24 PM

Yes, but we weren't exactly clucking about her taste in wardrobe either.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: May 04, 2009, 04:48:43 AM

I duno.. If I was making a video that promoted my game I'd make sure everyone was dressed nicely.  I'm not talking suits and shit, but maybe comb your hair or something.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #872 on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:07 AM

Fuck that. You could be a smelly neckbeard, as long as you make a good game, I don't give a shit. It's not like I have to hang out with you.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #873 on: May 04, 2009, 05:19:56 AM

But would you be less likely to invest/promote the smelly neckbeard?

schild
Administrator

Reply #874 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:56 AM

This may very well be a new low for f13.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: