Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2071704 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #770 on: April 27, 2009, 08:28:59 PM

Ugh, that is laaaaaaaaaaame.  Heartbreak

I hope I can blame Lucas for that and not Bioware.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #771 on: April 27, 2009, 08:30:09 PM

I am positive that one of the books had a same-sex Mandalorian couple.  Maybe I just hallucinated that. 

EDIT:  Given that this game says there is potential for NPC romances with companion characters, I wonder how same-sex companion romance will be handled.  And it WILL come up.  Bioware is probably dreading it, because its one of those things where you piss off half the customer base no matter what you do. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:34:57 PM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #772 on: April 27, 2009, 09:29:16 PM

I think the CM was saying that terms like homosexual and gay don't existing in SW (or at least in SWOR).

You can be gay, but you've got to call yourself something else. You swing towards the lightsaber rather than the sarlacc pit, or something.

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #773 on: April 27, 2009, 10:00:10 PM

BioWare did make the first major RPG with the first major character same-sex romance (Jade Empire, as far as I know, at least).  Even as far back as Baldur's Gate they had some allusions to same-sex relationships (several of the female non-party NPC's made flattering comments, in particular some of the girls in the secret prostitute den in Baldur's Gate), so if there is some kind of absolute no homosexual relationships policy in SWTOR I think we can probably lay it entirely at the feet of the Lucas people.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #774 on: April 27, 2009, 10:14:05 PM

Juhani.  Her story includes it from several different angles.

All I know is if male companions come on like Carth and don't listen to my first warning to back the fuck off, I'm going to wind up short a few NPCs.  Make those permanent choices count. evil

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #775 on: April 27, 2009, 10:22:16 PM

But what if said NPC that you reject is the most ownzoring in PvP?  Are you saying you wouldn't sleep with someone that disgusts you solely for PvP?  awesome, for real

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #776 on: April 27, 2009, 10:44:20 PM

Juhani did seem like they were designing her that way, and there's some strong indications of it left, but I don't really count her as a main character romance since the relationship aspect was never fully developed.  I figure it was cut either due to lack of time to finish it up, or due to the nature of the content, because it has always felt like there was meant to be more, with her.  Possibly Lucasfilm/Lucasarts didn't let them do it, if it's true they have such a policy?

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #777 on: April 27, 2009, 10:52:00 PM

Are you guys going to spend an entire page talking about this?
schild
Administrator

Reply #778 on: April 27, 2009, 11:17:26 PM

Are you guys going to spend an entire page talking about this?

I know, right.

bailout.gif
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #779 on: April 27, 2009, 11:49:43 PM

Duh, yes, thank you for reminding me about Juhani and Jade Empire, my Bioware fanboyism is preserved.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #780 on: April 28, 2009, 04:52:36 AM

My female Shepard in Mass Effect also had undeniably hot sex with a female NPC.  Pretty sure Bioware doesn't have a problem with this.  OTOH, I wouldn't have guessed Lucas would foster that kind of bigotry either.  I'm going to assume that there is a more benign explanation without evidence to the contrary.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: April 28, 2009, 06:24:02 AM

Someone really needs to tell C3P0.

They're already back pedalling, reopening the comment thread and unrestricting the words. But seriously, that guy has no clue the shitstorm he's just jumped into head first with a reply that rude. And if he wasn't aware of the reaction that was going to cause, he's probably not qualified to be a community rep. Unless they do more and apologize for the comment quickly, it's going to be fun. Popcorn

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #782 on: April 28, 2009, 06:47:19 AM

Hah, that Kotaku thread is at like 150 comments.  Paging Tale, this shit about to be VIRAL!!  awesome, for real

EDIT:  I love the description of the situation here- http://digg.com/pc_games/There_Are_No_Gays_In_Star_Wars

100% solid and accurate phrasing, that. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:50:27 AM by Triforcer »

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #783 on: April 28, 2009, 06:50:30 AM

Well, he's got a point.  I'm trying to remember the last time Solo called Luke a whiny little fag.

Which is exactly what that thread was turning into.  A bunch of homophobes whining about gays, a bunch of gays whining about homophobes whining about gays, and gays whining for their 'respect'.  They're a all bunch of whiny retards, to be honest.  
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: April 28, 2009, 06:53:13 AM

Someone really needs to tell C3P0.

They're already back pedalling, reopening the comment thread and unrestricting the words. But seriously, that guy has no clue the shitstorm he's just jumped into head first with a reply that rude. And if he wasn't aware of the reaction that was going to cause, he's probably not qualified to be a community rep. Unless they do more and apologize for the comment quickly, it's going to be fun. Popcorn

Actually, just rereading that thread, it just occurred to me that the CM is the same person from Bioware who posted a few pages back.

But I'm glad they've driven around this particular speedbump.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #785 on: April 28, 2009, 07:44:25 AM

This world would be a pretty decent place if it weren't for all the fucking people.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #786 on: April 28, 2009, 09:04:35 AM

Yeah.

Lord of the Rings Online doesn't include any options for player marriage because Tolkien's lore has no homosexuals in it, and very few examples of interracial marriage. They didn't want to exclude homosexual or interracial unions, so they didn't offer in-game marriage at all.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #787 on: April 28, 2009, 09:12:13 AM

This world would be a pretty decent place if it weren't for all the fucking people.
People themselves can be ok; it's the fucking part that's causing problems, everyone is very protective of their orifices.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #788 on: April 28, 2009, 10:21:35 AM

Look's like the discussion's been re-opened, and the relevant words have been uncensored.
schild
Administrator

Reply #789 on: April 28, 2009, 11:36:05 AM

oh

hay

Look what forums got totally reconfigured. awesome, for real

Go go Team Schild.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #790 on: April 28, 2009, 11:37:55 AM

I bitched about precasting once.

They removed it.

Go me!

schild
Administrator

Reply #791 on: April 28, 2009, 11:43:56 AM

I bitched about precasting once.

They removed it.

Go me!
While I see your point, everyone was bitching about precasting.

Pretty sure I was the only one that was bitching about the physical setup of the forums - or rather, I was the only one HERE that was.

Also, I don't like how your dogatar stares at me. Those are dead eyes.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #792 on: April 28, 2009, 11:45:34 AM

How much are you going to charge them for a consulting fee?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #793 on: April 28, 2009, 11:48:25 AM

Why does everyone keep going on about Bioware when SWTOR is obviously being made by Bioware Austin?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #794 on: April 28, 2009, 11:58:13 AM

Maybe because nobody has attempted to make that clear?

swamp poop

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #795 on: April 28, 2009, 12:00:27 PM

lol wut

Really?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: April 28, 2009, 12:02:29 PM

I wouldn't know how to use green text if I wanted to.  Which I don't.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #797 on: April 28, 2009, 01:18:57 PM

Why did I click over there. It's like every MMO discussion form since the genre got big.  "Make leveling slow, but full of fun content!" "Don't let bad players reach max level!" "Get rid of hit points" "This game should be free to play"

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #798 on: April 28, 2009, 01:27:21 PM

this next plz
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: April 28, 2009, 01:38:43 PM

this next plz

If you are being generous and giving more suggestions free consulting advice, include the thought of adding subforum listings in each main forum category, and a quick nav dropbar/jump feature on the bottom and/or the top for faster navigation. They cleaned the forums up well, but having to go to (for example) class discussion and then go to bounty hunter discussion is just bad when I could have jumped straight to the BH forums.

But hey, improvement is still improvement.
schild
Administrator

Reply #800 on: April 28, 2009, 01:39:36 PM

this next plz

If you are being generous and giving more suggestions free consulting advice, include the thought of adding subforum listings in each main forum category, and a quick nav dropbar/jump feature on the bottom and/or the top for faster navigation. They cleaned the forums up well, but having to go to (for example) class discussion and then go to bounty hunter discussion is just bad when I could have jumped straight to the BH forums.

There's no excellent way to deal with this until every class has been announced. And most folks will just bookmark whichever forums really really matter to them.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #801 on: April 28, 2009, 06:37:06 PM

Yeah.

Lord of the Rings Online doesn't include any options for player marriage because Tolkien's lore has no homosexuals in it, and very few examples of interracial marriage. They didn't want to exclude homosexual or interracial unions, so they didn't offer in-game marriage at all.

U JUST HAT HOBIT / ORC LOV U RACIST

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #802 on: April 28, 2009, 08:54:44 PM

They should close all forum discussions of things that don't exist in the SW universe.

Including MMOs.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #803 on: April 28, 2009, 10:45:08 PM

Yeah.

Lord of the Rings Online doesn't include any options for player marriage because Tolkien's lore has no homosexuals in it,

No gheys in Lord of the Rings?  You have watched the movies, haven't you?

And thats without talking about the Tom Bombadil, naked dancing hobbits scene from the Fellowship book. 
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #804 on: April 29, 2009, 05:02:19 AM

And thats without talking about the Tom Bombadil, naked dancing hobbits scene from the Fellowship book. 

I'll admit that I sometimes miss the hidden meanings in popular literature, but I'm fairly sure that never happened.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: