Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2072722 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #455 on: February 17, 2009, 01:58:37 PM

It was his own fault for not bringing frost resist gear.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #456 on: February 17, 2009, 04:09:03 PM

What do you expect from a twink? His only bit of good gear was his father's tier 5 lightsaber.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #457 on: February 17, 2009, 04:48:25 PM

Really not the guy's fault, stunlock out of stealth is way OP.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #458 on: February 18, 2009, 01:40:44 PM

Dude was totally sploiting the mentoring system in the dagobah zone. Also, don't forget Ben twinked him after he got wtfpwned in the tatooine newbie zone.

editoops, didn't see there was another page where the twinkage was mentioned.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: February 19, 2009, 04:27:35 AM

Dude was totally sploiting the mentoring system in the dagobah zone.

Joined Channel: [1. General - Dagobah]
[Luke_S] yells: Need hlp wit teh Raise X-Wing q plzzzz
[1. General] [MasterYoda]: It's a solo quest
[Luke_S] says: I need help plzzz
[1. General] [MasterYoda]: You can solo it. It's not hard.
[Luke_S] whispers: hlp plz. I tired but cant doit
To [Luke_S]: It's a low-level quest - you can do it without trying
[ObiwansGhost] has come online
[Luke_S] whispers: i dunno how. I pay u 1g to hlep me.
To [Luke_S]: Alright. Just this once.
You invite [Luke_S] to join your party
[Luke_S] whispers: thx. Can u gief me weps for Dark Side Cave q too plz?
[Luke_S] has joined your party
[Party] [MasterYoda]: You don't need weapons for that quest. Just need to talk to mob
[Luke_S] says: I heard u ned to kill mob in Dark Side cav
[Party] [MasterYoda]: No - just need to talk to it.
Luke_S has joined the guild
[Guild] [ObiwansGhost]: Welcome to the guild. Please read all the guild rules at http://www.lastofthejediguild.guildhosting.com
To [ObiwansGhost]: WTF? Dude, did you just invite him to the guild?
[ObiwansGhost] whispers: y
To [ObiwansGhost]: He's a total noob. Doesn't even know how to raise the X-Wing
[Guild] [Luke_S]: How do i get 2 Bespin?
To [ObiwansGhost]: ./facepalm
[Guild] [ObiwansGhost]: Bespin is a 40-50 zone. You need to level first.
[Guild] [Luke_S]: i ned 2 get 2 Bespin. My mates r there.
To [ObiwansGhost]: Can't we kick him?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: March 03, 2009, 09:51:58 AM

Webcomic released.

Suprised to see this sort of promotion at this point unless the development is much further along than people suspect.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: March 03, 2009, 10:39:53 AM

Stay tuned and follow the storyline to its dramatic conclusion setting the stage for the players’ entrance into the game. Issues of the comic will be released twice a month.

And there's only six slots for comics.
And five of them are gray.

But I doubt we're talking a mid-May launch here smiley
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: March 03, 2009, 01:29:48 PM

Where did you see the 6 slots thing?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #463 on: March 03, 2009, 05:02:13 PM

Stay tuned and follow the storyline to its dramatic conclusion setting the stage for the players’ entrance into the game. Issues of the comic will be released twice a month.

And there's only six slots for comics.
And five of them are gray.

But I doubt we're talking a mid-May launch here smiley

MMOs never start pre-promoting themselves years ahead of time. Never.  why so serious?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: March 03, 2009, 06:52:07 PM

Where did you see the 6 slots thing?

Halfway down is the section starting with "Act 1: Treaty of Coruscant". There's six holders for comic-book Issue title images. Only the first is filled.

I have no idea how much I'm overthinking this  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: March 03, 2009, 10:09:13 PM

Ah.  OK.  Wasnt showing up on my old IE6 or whatever it is at work.  Guess we'll have a better idea when we see how fast the issue slots fill up.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: March 16, 2009, 02:47:11 PM

SWTOR - a new hype

There are promising 10x what SWG promised yet they rushed the release of SWG because it costed too much  swamp poop

At the end of the video, a guy goes : hundreds hours of cinematic experience.
Can't wait for a release with 300 hours of God of War like gameplay - different for each class. hahaha.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17:34 PM

SWTOR - a new hype

There are promising 10x what SWG promised yet they rushed the release of SWG because it costed too much  swamp poop

Can't wait for a release with 300 hours of God of War like gameplay - different for each class. hahaha.

Still unimpressed. I don't see why this is an MMO.  Even if they deliver all they say, why is MMO the best format for this kind of game?  You can't have a story where every player is the center of the game, and at the same time have a persistent world.   
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: March 16, 2009, 05:28:13 PM

Players can be the center of their own story until the story ends. At level 60, when the raids begin  awesome, for real
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: March 16, 2009, 05:47:55 PM

Am I the only near-geriatric dyslexic who reads SWTOR as "Secret Weapons Of The Republic" ?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: March 16, 2009, 06:11:41 PM

Am I the only near-geriatric dyslexic who reads SWTOR as "Secret Weapons Of The Republic" ?

yep
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: March 16, 2009, 06:46:42 PM

SWTOR - a new hype

Still unimpressed. I don't see why this is an MMO.  Even if they deliver all they say, why is MMO the best format for this kind of game?  You can't have a story where every player is the center of the game, and at the same time have a persistent world.   

Its not an MMO.  At all.  The devs just want to get a lot of hype built up before the "Yup, its pretty much like Diablo with two or three friends at most, except there is common bank where everyone can show their l33t gear" reveal. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: March 16, 2009, 07:31:04 PM

SWTOR - a new hype

That's a better concept than regular diku mmorpg.

Its not an MMO.  At all.  The devs just want to get a lot of hype built up before the "Yup, its pretty much like Diablo with two or three friends at most, except there is common bank where everyone can show their l33t gear" reveal. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #473 on: March 17, 2009, 07:19:33 AM

SWTOR - a new hype

1) Sub/ Microtrans
2) MMO players are more forgiving of crap releases and frequent patches than single player gamers
3) Sub/ Microtrans
4) You can't pirate a MMO

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Zane0
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: March 17, 2009, 09:19:42 AM

It all strikes me as a very cynical way to raise profit and lower expectations -- put some effort into creating an SRPG in a superficial multiplayer environment; slap on a "MASSIVE" tagline. Now you've got a standard Bioware SRPG and some sort of 2004 pseudo-MMO in a single package.. is this particularly exciting in any way, shape, or form? No, but legions of fans will gladly pay for the privilege of going through a rote KOTOR-esque experience and perhaps engaging in some small group pvp.

There is nothing ambitious, intriguing, or imaginative about this design; nothing that moves either genre forward or that hasn't been seen before. It leaves me absolutely cold.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:32:11 AM by Zane0 »
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: March 17, 2009, 09:31:47 AM

Desire to play this game is suddenly waning....waning....
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: March 17, 2009, 10:16:26 AM

'scuse me.

Everyone here was going apeshit when Blizzard announced Diablo-with-a-WoW-colour-palette.

If this is Diablo with Star Wars skins, why would that be a bad thing?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: March 17, 2009, 11:15:46 AM

If they deliver on good stories and let me have co-op play, I'll be quite happy with it.

2) MMO players are more forgiving of crap releases and frequent patches than single player gamers
Patching yes.  Accepting of crap releases not so much anymore.  The studios are a few years behind on this, however, I would like to think we've had enough major flops for this concept to scare a few suits.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: March 17, 2009, 11:51:56 AM

Desire to play this game is suddenly waning....waning....

Desire to play this game dead.  Oh well, on to Champions Online then.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: March 17, 2009, 04:03:55 PM

Please. It'll launch and you'll all buy it. And hate yourself while doing so  awesome, for real
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #480 on: March 17, 2009, 04:11:22 PM

Want to put cash on that?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

This hasn't interested me since I figured the angle out when the whole pseudo-mmo w/ microtrans thing was revealed.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: March 17, 2009, 07:12:12 PM

If it's only going to be a MMFaux, I really won't be interested in it. It strikes me as Guildwars-with-Starwars much more than Diablo-with-starwars. Which I don't think is rather important, since I'd be more inclined to just play Diablo instead- a game that I believe won't have a subscription fee attached to its internet lobby.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #482 on: March 17, 2009, 07:14:47 PM

MMFaux is fine if I don't have to pay a monthly fee.  If it's a monthly fee you better Massive that shit up.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: March 17, 2009, 07:16:55 PM

MMFaux
I'm stamping my name on this. You heard it here people! Ashrik made it up!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: March 17, 2009, 07:25:07 PM

MMFaux is fine if I don't have to pay a monthly fee.  If it's a monthly fee you better Massive that shit up.

If you are going to play the game for months on end, why does it matter?

If you aren't going to play the game for months on end, you don't stay subscribed.

See also, Hellgate.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #485 on: March 17, 2009, 07:29:52 PM

I don't understand the question. If I'm going to play the game for months on end, it matters because there's a substantial price difference.  Suppose 'on end' = 6 months.  A $15 fee means I'm paying an additional $90 for the game on top of the box price.  The going rate for non-persistent world games is substantially less than $150.  But this is all  Beating a Dead Horse

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: March 17, 2009, 07:43:13 PM

SWTOR - a new hype

IF they can deliver a game experience that replaces loot and xp with story, I'll take off my hat to them.

I severely doubt it, though. I think this is the kind of pie in the sky game design that gets pruned down just before release. And maybe they'll throw in an XP nerf and a few reputation grinds for good measure.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: March 17, 2009, 07:48:14 PM

Since they claim it's an MMO, you should know that this kind of pie in the sky game design is instead served to players on a shit platter just after release.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: March 17, 2009, 08:34:05 PM

I don't understand the question. If I'm going to play the game for months on end, it matters because there's a substantial price difference.  Suppose 'on end' = 6 months.  A $15 fee means I'm paying an additional $90 for the game on top of the box price.  The going rate for non-persistent world games is substantially less than $150.  But this is all  Beating a Dead Horse

Non-subscription games are designed to last around 12-24 hours, then you buy another one. That's $50 per month.

If you are happy paying a subscription for an eq clone because it lasts longer (and therefore costs $15 per month), what is the enormous objection to paying for anything else that runs on and on.

Basically I don't understand why it has to be an eq clone to justify the subscription, if it is something else, but you are still willing to play it for the same length of time, why doesn't that justify the same fees?

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #489 on: March 17, 2009, 08:49:10 PM

Basically I don't understand why it has to be an eq clone to justify the subscription

Yes, that's almost exactly what I said  swamp poop

Conceptualizing it as paying for a certain number of hours is dumb.  You think since Far Cry 2 was billed as a 50 hour game, Ubisoft would let me play for just 10 hours for $10?  I think they would say no.  You don't pay monthly for MMOs because you're getting a lot of hours out of them.  I know people that have put enough hours into Starcraft and DiabloII to rival any faction grinding catass, but Blizzard doesn't come back to them for more money.

You pay more because all the time you're spending playing is being spent on their servers eating up their hardware and bandwidth, and because they're trying to maintain a world with a ton of shared data storage that has to be kept consistent.  That shit is hard and expensive and you pay for it.  And people are willing to pay for it because lots of people think it adds a lot of value.  And then Guild Wars decided they could do most of it without even charging you. 

So if SWTOR comes to me and says I'm basically getting an offline or LAN game with a graphical chatroom patched onto it, and then they say they want to charge me monthly because I'm getting so many sweet, sweet hours, I'll say fuck off, they're charging way over market rate for that software.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: