Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bring out your Dead: Roster clean up 10/21 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bring out your Dead: Roster clean up 10/21  (Read 20427 times)
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

on: October 20, 2008, 10:34:58 AM

We are getting raped on guild xp.  So I am going to clean up the roster.  The names list below are going to be booted.  I know this will offend some.  Sorry.  Clean up will happen on the evening of 10/21.

You have 3 options:
1> reply to this thread and ask your name be remove if you intend to continue to play with us.
2> log in and update your time stamp.
3> Do nothing.  And should you decide to return, we'll invite you back.  This is nothing personal, just a mechanical issue involving guild xp.

Aggressor
Althrir
Ambul
Banberas
Barrel
Belasco
birna
bloodstayne
byrd
Camalo
Chiara
CHiptle
Claudius
Deathstroke
Eia
etherial
exo
Falconeer
fuser
gregory
hardbody
healor
keziah
khargrim
kompressor
merusk
mordwil
moreale
murdoc
neboo
osric
paro
rasix
ratter
rorlin
sereph
stevencolbert
swicknire
trigrom
truwin
vegmund
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:43:28 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 10:36:38 AM

You may also kick Task.  Codger is the only Bat country toon that I play. 

Hope that helps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 10:39:21 AM

Wait. explain this to me.

Mythic has put in a game mechanic that encourages you to kick casual players from your guild?

GG.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 10:41:42 AM

Mythic has put in a game mechanic that encourages you to kick casual players from your guild?

GG.

Not so much casuals - although they've never explained how it works. Basically they've stated that alts/casuals who play somewhat regularly will not hurt Guild XP. People aren't so sure that's true. Characters in the guild but not accumulating ANY xp apparently hurt.

The silly thing is that if the Guild XP was based on accounts instead of characters none of this would be an issue, small guilds would still have the opportunity to keep up and we wouldn't have purges.

Ah well, another missed opportunity.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 10:42:44 AM

GG.

Mythic appears to have taken a calm, careful look at the sensible option for a lot of systems in WAR, then threw that out the window and did tequila shots.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:48:15 AM

It definitely is a factor on having alts and stuff that aren't doing anything in the guild.  Grudge moved to having two guilds now, they have one for the level 28's and up and they have hypnotoad for alts and lower tiers.  What they did do though was to merge them in alliance and then disable guild chat for both guilds, making it so they could talk in alliance chat and therefore to everyone at the same time.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 10:53:41 AM

This is almost worthy of it's own thread on the main forums.  How could anyone design something so obviously retarded?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 10:53:50 AM

I am trying not to kick casuals or alts, but I do want to try to get rid of people who have no intention of playing anymore. At least until we hit lvl 24 which has the last reward I think is useful.  

"Me am play gods"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 11:12:29 AM

It definitely is a factor on having alts and stuff that aren't doing anything in the guild.  Grudge moved to having two guilds now, they have one for the level 28's and up and they have hypnotoad for alts and lower tiers.  What they did do though was to merge them in alliance and then disable guild chat for both guilds, making it so they could talk in alliance chat and therefore to everyone at the same time.
This is a pretty good idea.  I only want to be able to hop over and chat if people are around should I feel like it.  I don't have any real desire to level up.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 11:24:02 AM

Yeah that's what our guild too, it's a terrible mechanic.  We have 31 million renown and are only level... 16.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 11:37:00 AM

You can go ahead and boot all my characters. I've pretty much moved full time to Destruction on an RP server, because I like melting faces as a Marauder. If I ever feel the Order urge again I'll holler at an officer.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 11:54:27 AM

You can go ahead and boot all my characters. I've pretty much moved full time to Destruction on an RP server, because I like melting faces as a Marauder. If I ever feel the Order urge again I'll holler at an officer.

Isn't it bashing faces?  unless you've discovered some new appendage that shoots out jets of hot steam Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 12:13:38 PM

The faces, they melt after I bash them.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 12:23:22 PM

I'm out, you can drop Moth.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 12:30:33 PM

You can boot Banger and Detlef as well, keep Rattran just in case Mythic figures out how to unscrew the pooch at some point.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 12:41:14 PM

Definitely boot Birna, she's mine and I doubt very much I'll play her any time soon.

God Save the Horn Players
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 01:46:29 PM

We did this in IO about 2 weeks ago. We booted anyone who hadnt logged in for 2 weeks. Brought us down from 80 members to 50. I don't see this helping you advance much though.

You need the same amount of Guild EXP to level the guild and 4,000,000 is 4,000,000. Its just that with a lot of people their contribution is divided.

One of my friends did an experiment, and started a guild with 2 active players in it. So far in 3 weeks they have managed to make it to guild rank 2.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 02:02:41 PM

Boot me, thanks for the heads up!

Only time I spend in WAR at the moment is with some friends on a Destruction server.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 02:03:43 PM

Boot me, thanks for the heads up!

Only time I spend in WAR at the moment is with some friends on a Destruction server.
:(

i miss you
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 02:04:59 PM

:(

i miss you

Heartbreak I'll be back once I'm done with MGS4..
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #20 on: October 20, 2008, 03:16:24 PM

You can boot Galauc I've pretty much decided to just play my SW. 
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 20, 2008, 06:53:04 PM

Kick Kathy and Numtini. I'm out.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 06:51:33 AM

Feel free to dump Althrir for Da Gud of Da Guild.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 06:59:11 AM

You can turf Murdoc, if I get the hankerin' to play Order, I'll message someone.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 08:44:32 AM

I have no plans of relogging soon, I think you can boot Intolerance, Hildebrandt, Vegmund, Xanders, and I can't remember anymore. There's just nothing going for my main class, my current playtime , or the server state at the moment.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 08:45:15 AM

You can take off Delmarco. I'll hit the guild up again someday if I come back.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 09:31:05 AM

Not sure why you guys are booting alts. but mabye you had not seen this or the other posts on the subject.

Q. My fellow guild officers and I are having a ‘discussion’ about whether or not we should alts in the guild. How does guild leveling work, exactly? Would having a bunch of extra inactive characters cause our guild to level more slowly than if we were all active?

A. No, having inactive characters in your guild roster won’t slow down your guild advancement. A guild gains experience and ranks through the actions of its members. Anytime members earn experience and/or renown the guild earns experience as well. So having a battalion of inactive alts is not a detriment to your guild’s ability to level.

Link

Firstly,

Guilds are a social element and their requirements are as diverse as their members. All I can say, as I've said before is that people not playing are not affecting your XP gain, you can have 10 people play and 100 people never log in and it won't negatively impact the rate in which your guild levels.

If your members are online and playing the game then they will contribute to guild xp, as I've said before the system is designed to compensate for the fact that there are many guilds, with many different members and all of them have their own particular brand of playstyle.

Kicking inactive members does nothing to help your guild level faster and that's the bottom line.

Thanks

Link

I hope my forum whoring helps.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 09:56:24 AM

I am going to mostly stick to my list above.  If I think it helps, I will continue.

"Me am play gods"
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 10:11:30 AM

I don't see Seanzor on that list, but please kick him and Sodacans.  My sub's up, and I refuse to play games that think that a tremendous death-grind kicked in at the last minute to hide endgame is something I'm willing to have shoved down my throat.  Someone (Modern Angel?) in another thread called it "stultifying" - that's a pretty perfect description.

Also, yikes, my buddies and I theorized that guild XP worked like this, but had a hard time believing that a mechanic like that, which only serves to pressure your community into cutting out the casuals, would ever exist. 

Edit: Just saw blood's post above - I hope he's right, but hey, kick those two just in case he isn't.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:13:41 AM by Seanzor »
Baldric
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:54 AM

Go ahead and kick Camalo and Naugthalis too if you want.  I may try the game again in a month.
AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 02:40:26 AM

Remove "Ino" account shut down for now.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 04:25:14 AM

You can kick Moreale, thinking i would play actively a second character on a server not in my timezone was an overambitious idea
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 12:58:56 PM

Not sure which of my several order alts made it into the guild. But you may kick any of the following: Ouro, Rag, Kronk, Fark.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 01:05:26 PM

Gah, this thread is making me sad.

EDIT: No more boots for a while.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:18:15 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bring out your Dead: Roster clean up 10/21  
Jump to: