Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:00:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Will you play beyond the first month? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Are you playing beyond the first month?  (Voting closed: October 21, 2008, 01:37:59 PM)
Yes - 40 (64.5%)
No, but may return. - 14 (22.6%)
No, I'm done - 8 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will you play beyond the first month?  (Read 28115 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 10:37:21 AM

... I don't find the PvE to be any more terrible than the other games in the genre, and since in most other games that is all there is, the scenarios and keep combat is a plus in WAR...

That's true and the reason I'm not playing anything else and haven't for quite a while.  The reason I'm sticking around is that I have fun doing the pvp and technically I don't have to PVE to participate, whether this turns out to be true in the long run is the question.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 10:38:04 AM

Nice to see the poll doesn't look too abysmal.

This is why I wanted to run this poll.  I wanted to see if people were just whining or actually voting with their wallet. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 01:09:47 PM

I hope some people are left when I'm ready to start playing this game.   Heartbreak

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 01:13:02 PM

I resubscribed, but as I've said here before there is NO way I'm rolling an ALT with PVE as terrible as it is right now.  On my server the PVP scenarios are queuing less often, and our population has gone from high to medium. I just can't see myself having to PVE for most of my levels the way things are right now.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 02:47:51 PM

I hope some people are left when I'm ready to start playing this game.   Heartbreak
People are leaving because you aren't playing the game.  A day doesn't go by without someone asking "Where's Signe?" or "Doesn't Signe love us any more?"

"Me am play gods"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 04:42:15 PM

I had a boo boo finger!  Thank God, it wasn't my Fuck You finger or I'd never be able to get in a car again.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 05:16:34 PM

I had a boo boo finger! 

Well, pull that thing out of there and come to Warhammer for the CRUSHING. You can even have very nice hats.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 05:41:30 PM

I had a boo boo finger!  Thank God, it wasn't my Fuck You finger or I'd never be able to get in a car again.

There's a hooking joke in there somewhere.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 05:47:10 PM

There's a hooking joke in there somewhere.

I immediately thought of:

Probably says more about me than anything else though.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 06:30:49 PM

I don't know why this is in the BC forums, but since I'm trawling anyway I'll say I'm probably going to change my sub to a 3 or 6 month plan.  I'm encouraged by MJ's recent announcements and his visits here.  Of course he still goes to vaults and talks to people who just. don't. get. it., but you can't have everything.  Normally I'd be of the opinion that change can't come soon enough for a MMO in this shape but there's really nothing else on the horizon for me MMO-wise for me (oddly I don't consider myself a person who HAS to play a MMO so I must be deriving some satisfaction from this game).
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 06:51:05 PM

I'm out. Too much grind, too little RVR, and most of all absolutely no faith in Mythic to fix it before the game withers. (Mythic is like America, it always does what's right, but only after exhausting all other possibilities.)

The two sieges I was in were absolutely amazing. I could be an easy win back if I saw significant changes.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 07:40:05 PM

I don't know why this is in the BC forums, but since I'm trawling anyway I'll say I'm probably going to change my sub to a 3 or 6 month plan. 

If I'm not mistaken, this forum is not open to the general public.  With all the recent MJ stalkers coming, I didn't want it to turn into a VN/WHA poll.  I'm interested in BC players and their thoughts. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: October 20, 2008, 07:52:13 PM

BC is open, Bazooko's is not.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 20, 2008, 08:00:39 PM

I'm out. Too much grind, too little RVR, and most of all absolutely no faith in Mythic to fix it before the game withers. (Mythic is like America, it always does what's right, but only after exhausting all other possibilities.)

The two sieges I was in were absolutely amazing. I could be an easy win back if I saw significant changes.

All of this.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 20, 2008, 09:33:27 PM

It used to be, though I never visited it.  Why the change?
schild
Administrator

Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 09:35:51 PM

It was for the destro guild before. Now it's for the alliance.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 10:25:56 PM

My error.  Thanks for the clarification.

-  Mark Twain
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #52 on: October 21, 2008, 03:12:37 AM

My subscription runs out on the 24th I believe.  I might resub at some point after I'm done with all the holiday game releases I'll be picking up.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #53 on: October 21, 2008, 05:28:31 AM

I've already resubbed. Although there are some flaws with the game, I pretty much love it. I will say one thing though: The T1 Scenarios should be the model for scenario design. Those three maps are fun and incorporate the fact that people zerg and usually just hammer on whoever is next to them. Chasing fucking Murderballs all over the map because destro always reaches them first is suboptimal.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 21, 2008, 11:35:23 AM

I've already resubbed. Although there are some flaws with the game, I pretty much love it. I will say one thing though: The T1 Scenarios should be the model for scenario design. Those three maps are fun and incorporate the fact that people zerg and usually just hammer on whoever is next to them. Chasing fucking Murderballs all over the map because destro always reaches them first is suboptimal.
All of Tier 1 seems better designed.

The PQs are the same way.  They're short and interesting.  Playing through Gunbad was a nice experience, even if the reward bags were limited to only four, because it was something you could do then move on to the next rather than grind the first stage for half an hour.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
AngryGumball
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 22, 2008, 02:39:32 AM

Eh shut down my account 12 hours before first charge.

I was lonely playing my Elf healer staying in the Elf Zones.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 23, 2008, 10:40:07 AM

I closed my account the night before it was to be charged. The grind even at 25 was starting to get to me especially playing a somewhat gimpy class. I'll be back though, probably to see the first big patch.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #57 on: October 23, 2008, 09:41:51 PM

Missed the charge date barely.  Damn.  Guess I'm playing past the first month but the account is canceled. 

I just didn't see anything really worth grinding for.

-Rasix
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #58 on: October 25, 2008, 09:50:21 AM

I've just quit - Etherial was my character.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Will you play beyond the first month?  
Jump to: