Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Will you play beyond the first month? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Are you playing beyond the first month?  (Voting closed: October 21, 2008, 01:37:59 PM)
Yes - 40 (64.5%)
No, but may return. - 14 (22.6%)
No, I'm done - 8 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will you play beyond the first month?  (Read 28110 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: October 16, 2008, 12:48:58 PM

Just wanted to get some feel for how people are reacting now that the end of the first month is drawing near.

I've cancelled my subscription and will keep a loose eye on the game.  When they reduce the grind, improve itemization, and encourage worldly pvp, I'll come back.  I just hope that it's not never.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:37:59 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 01:12:57 PM

We already have plenty of threads discussing the issues surrounding WAR.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:17:24 PM

Not asking about issues or fixes.  Just want to know who is still playing.  See: Thread title.

Something wrong with that?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:19:15 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 01:18:55 PM

I'm still playing.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 01:28:15 PM

Not asking about issues or fixes.  Just want to know who is still playing.  See: Thread title.

Something wrong with that?
See, on my screen it says the exact opposite.  "Who has quit or is taking an extended break?"  Like you want commiserate with people leaving the game.

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 01:30:58 PM

I haven't quit, its just been shitty timing for me lately - vacations, etc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 01:33:01 PM

Sianne and I will be gone for about a month, but we will be back!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 01:33:26 PM

See, on my screen it says the exact opposite.  "Who has quit or is taking an extended break?"  Like you want commiserate with people leaving the game.

I changed the title to be more glass-half-full.  I don't care about reason.  Just want to know if people are planning to continue or not. 

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 01:41:50 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 01:43:57 PM

I'll be playing. The grind isn't so bad for me, I find lots of things to do on my main or an alt. And I like the PvP.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 01:48:41 PM

I'm not planning on subscribing past the first month. The additional grind added at launch, lack of any clear population balancing ideas (the 20% didn't seem to do much), and general lack of communication doesn't help. I'm NOT wading through vault network for crumbs of info from developers.

Maybe they can fix things, but if the fixes aren't in by the time they ask me for more money, I'll move on.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 02:19:21 PM

I'm going to keep on playing, but I know I will disappear for at least a little while when WotLK comes out.

God Save the Horn Players
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 03:09:01 PM

I'm gonna keep playing. I do hope they make some changes to encourage more ORvR and to get people together more for PQ's etc at this time it's not a deal breaker. Having a lot of fun.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:01 PM

Still playing.

The thing which determines if I'll stay in this game is Lich King.  If it comes out and the PvP is good (that and the Death Knights are all that interest me, and DKs aren't enough to keep my sub if I don't have anything new to do with them), I'll switch back to WoW.  If WoW fucks up the PvP (by doing something like, say, putting arena requirements on all their PvP gear) then I'm sticking with WAR.

There's a lot of things that need fixing with WAR, but at least they look like they're moving in the right direction, and they're responding faster than Blizzard does.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 03:28:27 PM

There was no option for "maybe".  It'll likely get cancelled soonish.  It may trickle past the first month.

Grind already bores me at late tier 2. No way I'd be able to slog through tier 3.

Game is really kind of in crappy shape, I'm a bit taken back that I'm not quitting out of principle.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 03:32:09 PM

Penny Arcade's news post today is largely about Warhammer, and serves pretty well at encapsulating my reasons for not quitting. (Although he's more generous to the PVE than I would be.)

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 03:38:31 PM

If only Penny Arcade wasn't a haven for exploiters in WAR.

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 03:46:49 PM

I don't think we should really be conflating the actions of 'bunch of people who happened to get together on the message board for PA' with the opinions of a guy who probably has nothing to do with the issues we might have with them.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 03:51:12 PM

I'll be playing. The grind isn't so bad for me, I find lots of things to do on my main or an alt. And I like the PvP.

This.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 07:14:00 PM

Maybe.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 06:45:33 AM

I hate to admit that I quit so fast. I really wanted to enjoy it, coming from the half-assed pvp siege stuff of Age of Conan.

Sadly, it only made me realize how unbearable the combat in WAR is now that I evolved with Conan. It made me fall back in love with AoC and it also, if possible, made me want to try WoW again for the first time in more than 3 years just to see if the combat is actually worse  (didn't do it though) .

Finally, I hate scenarios. I like that kind of stuff in Battlefield, Counterstrike, Team Fortress, don't like any kind of arenas in MMORPGs. Seems to be like the opposite of what it should be, arenas are a virtual world's nemeses.

I might come back to Warhammer in the future should they put much more focus on worldly pvp, and if I am bored enough with Conan to the point of wanting some old school mmorpg action.

Still thanks to Schild and Non for giving me the chance to be part of BC since day one. Sorry for letting you down after all the fuss I made.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 09:02:25 AM

You don't need to feel guilty and you haven't let anybody down. Its a game, and you're only supposed to play it if it is fun.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 09:04:12 AM

So far I'm encouraged by the optimism.  Thank you all for the feedback.

-  Mark Twain
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 09:20:08 AM

Is it only BC you want to know about? or can us on the fringe weigh in?

Cuse uh, i'm still really digging the game. They have my sub for now, and my guilds growing.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 09:23:46 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 09:22:33 AM

On the positive side we had 9 people for the Gunbad run on Wednesday.

"Me am play gods"
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 10:19:00 AM

Cuse uh, i'm still really digging the game. They have my sub for now, and my guilds growing.

Feel free.  I'm happy to hear positives.

-  Mark Twain
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 17, 2008, 10:36:42 AM

If only Penny Arcade wasn't a haven for exploiters in WAR.

This.  The tactic of using the Magus suck at the keep doors while defending is really pissing off alot of players, to the point where they just want to quit the game.

Mythic needs to fix that asap.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 17, 2008, 12:23:38 PM

Feel free.  I'm happy to hear positives.
In that case, I'll be hanging around a bit more, too.  It has it's problems, but I'm still having fun and I have a great guild filled with people I know but haven't had the opportunity to play with.  It's really nice to be able to hang out with them.

I might even pop over to my Iron Breaker in Bat Country every now and then to say 'hi'.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 12:43:49 PM

I'll play.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 04:12:25 PM

I'm back to LotRO to prepare and finish up some stuff for the expansion coming in November.

HOWEVER.

I do like WAR alot for some things, so I'll be back once I hear RvR is on track for epic fun.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 06:50:16 AM

I decided to stick around another month.  I find that if avoid the PVE as much as I can that I enjoy the game a lot more.  I know this will make my journey through tier 3 take forever but I'm OK with that for now.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 08:42:06 PM

I decided to stick around another month.  I find that if avoid the PVE as much as I can that I enjoy the game a lot more.  I know this will make my journey through tier 3 take forever but I'm OK with that for now.

You should make it a case study. Do nothing but RVR and see how long it takes you to get from 25 to 30.  why so serious?
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 08:36:14 AM

I'll be sticking around for another month. A lot of people are complaining about there being nothing but scenarios to do, but since that's the one part of the game I think mythic really got right, I'll be good for a couple more weeks. But all the little problems are wearing me down, and if there aren't some major improvements in them then this'll be my last month.

Nice to see the poll doesn't look too abysmal.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 08:58:55 AM

I have at least another couple of months in me, so I've subbed for a three month period. I don't find the PvE to be any more terrible than the other games in the genre, and since in most other games that is all there is, the scenarios and keep combat is a plus in WAR. I have maintained my WoW sub, and may spend some time there when I need a break from WAR, but right now all the servers I have higher level characters on are unstable at prime time, so that's not currently an option.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 09:01:05 AM

I must confess that while I cancelled after the first month, that the discussions in the other threads may have me resub for another month or two.  During that time, I may conduct some experiments with artes of progression between RvR only vs scenario only characters. 

-  Mark Twain
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 10:32:40 AM

Nice to see the poll doesn't look too abysmal.

Yeah, with all the negativity I've seen I expected the numbers to be worse.  I guess a lot of folks quietly like the game.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Will you play beyond the first month?  
Jump to: