Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Star Wars: Legacy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: Legacy  (Read 4414 times)
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

on: October 09, 2008, 08:57:17 AM

Has this been discussed at all?  I did a search but didn't find anything, and was curious about your impressions of it. 

I like Star Wars in general, but never got too heavily into the books or comics, because the little bit that I did read was generally shit.  Kevin J. Anderson needs to die in a penis fire.

I'm not really much of a comic reader, but this series caught my attention for some reason and I tend to read the newest copy whenever I'm browsing through the local Barnes & Noble.  It's certainly got more of an edge that GL seems capable of these days, and the characters are varied and interesting, and clever spins on the typical Star Wars archetypes.  I also enjoy the artwork, but I don't really know any better as far as comics are concerned, so for all I know I'm looking at derivative crap.  Thoughts?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 02:13:09 PM

Got discussed somewhat here.  Can't say I've read more than the first couple issues.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 05:29:00 AM

I was on form in that thread.

Ahhh, when I was younger...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 08:49:00 AM

I've been reading it and it is pretty good. The best part is they don't really have any sacred cows since it is after the movies. I'm a little annoyed with the current storyline since it is part of a multi-title arc, but at least it concludes in Legacy since I'm not going to go buy the others just to know this backstory.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Star Wars: Legacy  
Jump to: