Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:28:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Looking for Destruction guild. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for Destruction guild.  (Read 6838 times)
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

on: October 05, 2008, 11:34:48 PM

Playing with friendly  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? people from F13 would greatly please me. Unfortunately, Order's classes and flavor bore me.

I know a few people here run with destro guilds. If anyone would be willing to have me around, I would appreciate the companions.

Currently I am a forced casual player with a full time job and school, so I would not be on very much.
However, we here at f13, are nothing, if not jaded bastards. Having cut my teeth on many a MMO I doubt I would have any trouble holding my own.

I would prefer a slightly larger collection of people over a tighter nit group, as they can be hard to fit into. But I would be happy with anyone to play with.

Off to bed, sorry for the longish post. Good Night

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:43:39 PM

I would prefer a slightly larger collection of people over a tighter nit group, as they can be hard to fit into.

Step 1: Go to Warhammeronline.com.
Step 2: Click on Realm War.
Step 3: Click on Guild Search.
Step 4: Click on the dropdown menu.
Step 5: Click on your preferred server.
Step 6: Click on members, sort by descending.
Step 7: Click on one of the guilds with 100+ Members that are destruction.

For example, on Anlec, click on Bloody Hands.

Step 8: Roll a toon on the server.
Step 9: Type /who bloody hands
Step 10: Send a tell to whoever you see in the guild, saying "I've heard your guild was pretty great, got any openings?" If they say no, go back to Step 6. If they say yes, go to Step 11.
Step 11: Enjoy being part of the zerg and never having to do anything in tier 4 to dominate.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 12:21:52 AM

Ask a stupid question...

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:43:06 AM

Ask a stupid question...

...get an in-depth answer that took too long to type and wasn't worth it?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:50:04 AM

Dunno. Looked to me he was asking if anyone on F13 is in a largish guild somewhere and schild wrote him a tutorial on how to apply to a random guild with lots of people in it.

Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 08:15:00 AM

I have held off on posting this out of respect for f13 and Bat country, and what ever supper secret Destruction thing they have going.  why so serious?

I currently run a guild on the Praag server (Open RvR), Apathy Collegiate. We are mostly a group of Virgina based friends, but we have recently opened up recruitment for randoms on the server. Right now we are a casual group, with some power gaming tendencies.

Anyone who contacts me from F13 can join, just send me a PM.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:18:11 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:14:19 AM

Also, going to Warhammer server boards (Warhammer Alliance? VN?) might be a good way of finding guilds. I'm surprised there isn't a guild advertisement system in Warhammer... EQ2 nailed that part.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 09:22:33 AM

OpenRvR chickens you if you go into any zone two tiers below yours, not just the battlefields? I can see that being bothersome. Some day, when I'm level 40 and bored, I'm going to want to finish off the unlocks in my Tome of Knowledge. I doubt I will find joy in doing so as a defenseless chicken. Especially if chickens can't ride mounts.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 09:27:56 AM

OpenRvR chickens you if you go into any zone two tiers below yours, not just the battlefields? I can see that being bothersome. Some day, when I'm level 40 and bored, I'm going to want to finish off the unlocks in my Tome of Knowledge. I doubt I will find joy in doing so as a defenseless chicken. Especially if chickens can't ride mounts.

I enjoy the ability to do PQ that are multi-sides (order has a goal, destruction has one too, they are normally counter) and being able to stop/kill the other side, and of course, the thrill of questing, and killing other players, or the random "Lets go here" PvP that happens when you cross the territory lines. It annoys me to no end when i was on a "core" sever, and had to just watch other players attack our forces (NPC's).

I almost feel, if your playing on a core server, your missing out in this game.

Core Ruleset

Core servers are just what you’d expect. These are servers that have everything Warhammer has to offer, with no special changes to the normal ruleset. RvR is confined to lakes and Scenarios, and there are two opposing realms engaged in the WAR. Players may only engage in Player vs. Player combat when flagged to do so in specific areas around the world. Select a Core ruleset server for the original exciting gameplay experience that WAR was designed to offer.

Open RvR Ruleset

The Open RvR servers feature RvR flagging everywhere except for the Tier 1 Chapter area and the surrounding PvE content.  Once players leave this area, they will be flagged for RvR anywhere in the game. Open RvR servers are perfect for those who want to add an extra challenge to their gaming experience. Players must constantly watch their backs or risk attack by enemies everywhere they go! Only members of opposing realms may attack each other; the Open RvR server still focuses on Order versus Destruction.

Rules:

- Players are always RvR flagged from the moment they log in
 - Chapter 1 hubs and capital cities are safe
 - There is no bolster buff in RvR lakes   
 - Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 02:42:16 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 09:38:20 AM

This.  I was running around the Dark Elf half of Chrace yesterday on my Swordmaster, just because I find it fun.  I did the same with my Disciple in Nordland.

If the mechanic was to de-level me to match a tier, I would be okay with Open RvR.  (It could, also bring some life into lower teir scenarios.)  The chicken mechanic doesn't work for me as an explorer.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 09:42:31 AM

I almost feel, if your playing on a core server, your missing out in this game.

No matter what rule set you play, you miss out on some fun. Core brings some excellent PvP fun of its own - the bolster rules for example. You'd be hard pressed to solo kill a level 8 bright wizard with a naked level 1 DoK in Open, but its not only possible, but easy in Core. And hilarious. Also, flagging up as an Ironbreaker in Kron Komar Gap and standing still and pretending to be an NPC and waiting for an unflagged person who is PQ grinding to flag on you is priceless.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 10:00:47 AM

I enjoy the ability to do PQ that are multi-sides (order has a goal, destruction has one too, they are normally counter) and being able to stop/kill the other side, and of course, the thrill of questing, and killing other players, or the random "Lets go here" PvP that happens when you cross the territory lines. It annoys me to know end when i was on a "core" sever, and had to just watch other players attack our forces (NPC's).

All you have to do is flag and one of them will jump you, guaranteed.   I didn't play beyond the head-start, but I got several Destro folks this way near the T1 war camp when they were PvE flagged.  It gave me the giggles to take-down a Chosen who was unsupported and thought a "squishy" Archmage couldn't put the hurt on him. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 02:38:53 PM

you guys are not telling me anything i don't know already. I prefer Open PvP.

Anyway, offer is still open.

All you have to do is flag and one of them will jump you, guaranteed. 

Did that, no one wanted some.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 02:43:05 PM by Mrbloodworth »

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 06:37:24 PM

This.  I was running around the Dark Elf half of Chrace yesterday on my Swordmaster, just because I find it fun.  I did the same with my Disciple in Nordland.

If the mechanic was to de-level me to match a tier, I would be okay with Open RvR.  (It could, also bring some life into lower teir scenarios.)  The chicken mechanic doesn't work for me as an explorer.

I agree. The completist part of me wants to unlock as many things in my Tome as possible, but I know I'm not going to do it all at once and I'm not going to sit and grind out killing boars just because it'll give me a new unlock. I might, however, want to come back and do that later, when I want a break with other parts in the game.

Deleveling to suit the area is a much better idea, imo. Of course, deleveling gear is a design issue to overcome... but that's Mythic's job to work out, which is why they get paid to design games.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 11:52:57 PM

you're missing the part that lvl 40s are carrying 70 dps 2handers vs the lvl 20s who are carrying 30 dps tops.
I dont care about delevelling when you just crit the dude for half his life in one swing. It's not gonna work. COH has no gear, hence no problems.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 12:50:14 AM

Yeah, this deleveling thing was discussed on this forum several times already. IMO the only way it could work is SETTING stats to a predefined template (one for each class, similar to the stats a full renown-geared level x1 person would have). Screw scaling, you'll never be able to balance more / better quality gear when a fully epic rank40 delevels to 11 to fight against people who probably don't even have armor in 2-3 of their slots.

edit: you'd also need to temporarily disable all abilities / tactics / morales that you got after level X, and temporarily ignore all mastery / renown points you spent after level X.

-- Z.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:55:49 AM by Zetor »

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 02:16:13 AM

you're missing the part that lvl 40s are carrying 70 dps 2handers vs the lvl 20s who are carrying 30 dps tops.
I dont care about delevelling when you just crit the dude for half his life in one swing. It's not gonna work. COH has no gear, hence no problems.

Actually deleveling in CoH/V can make your character worse than if they were at the natural level depending on how you have slotted.

As Zetor says, deleveling in WAR would need to see a lot of things drop away AND standardise gear for the tiers. But it can be done. If you delevel to the top of the tier it would probably be fair enough should you want to play in those areas.

The alternative is chicken.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 06:05:46 AM

Trias' plan for deleveling:

Delevel to the bolster level.   So for T1 you'd be level 8.  This takes into account that you have way more abilities than a level 11 would have.

Take the average amount of +stats a level 8 has from gear using your game parsing abilities (you have those, right?).  Once you figure out the total addition, you give exactly that amount to the deleveled character in the same distribution that his higher level gear gives him.

Keep the mastery abilities and tactics, but drop the mastery points to how many you'd have in any given tier.  So in T1, you can have 1.  Divide them between the paths they have specced intelligently based on the ratio they have chosen.  If you have 15 points in 1 mastery, and 10 in another, you only get one point in the first mastery for determining the effectiveness of your spells in T1.  In T2 you would have 3/2. 

You'll probably be overpowered still.  A little bit is not too bad.  If it's too much, simply lower their stats further than what I've suggested until they seem more in line.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 06:07:39 AM by trias_e »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 06:41:32 AM

That's definitely too much. You'd end up with level 4 morale abilities in tier1, and several abilities (even though they scale) are very, very powerful at lower levels. I'll bring up Poison Arrer / Festering Arrow in tier1 (it's a t3 ability now), it was literally 2-shotting people, even though it scales just as it does now. I don't think you can avoid the temporary removal of post-tierX abilities or abilities/tactics you get from the mastery trees.

I like the idea of "intelligently" deleveling your mastery tree, but it is probably simpler to just take the COH approach and record the mastery point choices the player made when leveling / respeccing (in order), and just take the first X mastery points when deleveling into a tier (along with all the abilities/tactics it would grant).

-- Z.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 06:46:33 AM

In Open RVR you can go back to one tier below you without turning into chicken with no -delevels- whatsoever. See how that works? I don't even get bolsters in Open RVR when I head into the RvR zones either. So beginners are getting screwed by lvl 22 on mounts.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 09:02:58 AM

In Open RVR you can go back to one tier below you without turning into chicken with no -delevels- whatsoever. See how that works? I don't even get bolsters in Open RVR when I head into the RvR zones either. So beginners are getting screwed by lvl 22 on mounts.

I thought that you could drop down a Tier except to Tier 1?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Looking for Destruction guild.  
Jump to: